Fast track or failure: a study of the graduation and dropout rates of Ph D students in economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Booth, A.L. & Satchell, S.E., 1991.
"The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and withdrawal rates of British PhDs in the 1980's,"
234, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1993. "The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and Withdrawal Rates of British PhDs in the 1980s," CEPR Discussion Papers 765, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities,"
NBER Working Papers
4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Bijwaard, Govert E. & Ridder, Geert, 2005.
"Correcting for selective compliance in a re-employment bonus experiment,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 77-111.
- Govert Bijwaard & Geert Ridder, 1998. "Correcting for Selective Compliance in a Re-employment Bonus Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-096/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Govert Bijwaard & Geert Ridder, 1998. "Correcting for Selective Compliance in a Re-Employment Bonus Experiment," Economics Working Paper Archive 412, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- David W. Breneman & Dean T. Jamison & Roy Radner, 1976. "The Ph.D. Production Process," NBER Chapters, in: Education as an Industry, pages 1-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:22:y:2003:i:2:p:157-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.