Why Do Students Expect to Stay Longer in College? Evidence from Europe
We investigate the expected college completion time of European college students by using data from a survey of more than 3000 students in 10 countries. We explain observed excess time to graduation by paying special attention to labor market variables, such as unemployment, wage differentials and employment protection, and to the funding of tertiary education.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Fax: +43 732-2468-8238|
Web page: http://www.econ.jku.at/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities,"
NBER Working Papers
4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Häkkinen, Iida & Uusitalo, Roope, 2003. "The Effect of a Student Aid Reform on Graduation: A Duration Analysis," Working Paper Series 2003:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1993.
"The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and Withdrawal Rates of British PhDs in the 1980s,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
765, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Booth, A.L. & Satchell, S.E., 1991. "The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and withdrawal rates of British PhDs in the 1980's," Papers 234, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy P., 2005.
"Effects of in-class variation and student rank on the probability of withdrawal: cross-section and time-series analysis for UK university students,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 251-262, June.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin & Smith, Jeremy, 2002. "Effects of In-Class Variation and Student Rank on the Probability of Withdrawal: Cross-Section and Time-Series Analysis for UK University Students," IZA Discussion Papers 655, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lucifora & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2004. "The Wage Expectations of European Business and Economics Students," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(4).
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1999. "Microeconomic perspectives on aggregate labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 2985-3028 Elsevier.
- Lofgren, Curt & Ohlsson, Henry, 1999. "What determines when undergraduates complete their theses? Evidence from two economics departments," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 79-88, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2002_10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.