Attrition in Economics Ph.D. Programs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Anne D. Boschini & Matthew J. Lindquist & Jan Pettersson & Jesper Roine, 2004.
"Learning to Lose a Leg: Casualties of PhD Economics Training in Stockholm,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 369-379, August.
- Boschini, Anne & Lindquist, Matthew & Pettersson, Jan & Roine, Jesper, 2004. "The Incentives of Future Economists - Striking a Balance between Tools and Relevance," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 550, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, A.L. & Satchell, S.E., 1991.
"The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and withdrawal rates of British PhDs in the 1980's,"
234, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1993. "The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and Withdrawal Rates of British PhDs in the 1980s," CEPR Discussion Papers 765, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan B. Krueger & Stephen Wu, 2000. "Forecasting Job Placements of Economics Graduate Students," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 81-94, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stock, Wendy A. & Finegan, T. Aldrich & Siegfried, John J., 2009.
"Can you earn a Ph.D. in economics in five years?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 523-537, October.
- Wendy A. Stodk & T. Alsrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 2008. "Can You Earn a Ph.D. in Economics in Five Years?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0818, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- T. Aldrich Finegan & Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006.
"Matriculation in U.S. Economics Ph.D. Programs: How Many Accepted Americans Do Not Enroll?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 453-457, May.
- Wendy A. Stock & T. Aldrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Matriculation in U.S. Economics Ph.D. Programs: How Many Accepted Americans Do Not Enroll?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0609, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- KimMarie McGoldrick & Gail Hoyt & Dave Colander, 2008. "The Professional Development of Graduate Students in Economics," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0811, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Waldinger, Fabian, 2010.
"Quality matters: the expulsion of professors and Ph.D. student outcomes in Nazi Germany,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
28737, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fabian Waldinger, 2010. "Quality Matters - the Expulsion of Professors and Ph.D. Student Outcomes in Nazi Germany," CEP Discussion Papers dp0985, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Time-to-Degree for the Economics Ph.D. Class of 2001-2002," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 467-474, May.
- Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Chen, Mingyu, 2016. "Can a summer make a difference? The impact of the American Economic Association Summer Program on minority student outcomesAuthor-Name: Becker, Charles M," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 46-71.
More about this item
KeywordsAttrition; dropouts; economics Ph.D. programs;
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2006-04-01 (Education)
- NEP-SOG-2006-04-01 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .