Attrition in Economics Ph.D. Programs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wendy A. Stock & T. Aldrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Attrition in Economics Ph.D. Programs," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0608, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne D. Boschini & Matthew J. Lindquist & Jan Pettersson & Jesper Roine, 2004.
"Learning to Lose a Leg: Casualties of PhD Economics Training in Stockholm,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 369-379, August.
- Boschini, Anne & Lindquist, Matthew & Pettersson, Jan & Roine, Jesper, 2004. "The Incentives of Future Economists - Striking a Balance between Tools and Relevance," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 550, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, A.L. & Satchell, S.E., 1991.
"The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and withdrawal rates of British PhDs in the 1980's,"
234, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1993. "The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and Withdrawal Rates of British PhDs in the 1980s," CEPR Discussion Papers 765, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Alan B. Krueger & Stephen Wu, 2000. "Forecasting Job Placements of Economics Graduate Students," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 81-94, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stock, Wendy A. & Finegan, T. Aldrich & Siegfried, John J., 2009.
"Can you earn a Ph.D. in economics in five years?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 523-537, October.
- Wendy A. Stodk & T. Alsrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 2008. "Can You Earn a Ph.D. in Economics in Five Years?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0818, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Waldinger, Fabian, 2010.
"Quality matters: the expulsion of professors and Ph.D. student outcomes in Nazi Germany,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
28737, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fabian Waldinger, 2010. "Quality Matters - the Expulsion of Professors and Ph.D. Student Outcomes in Nazi Germany," CEP Discussion Papers dp0985, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Time-to-Degree for the Economics Ph.D. Class of 2001-2002," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 467-474, May.
- T. Aldrich Finegan & Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006.
"Matriculation in U.S. Economics Ph.D. Programs: How Many Accepted Americans Do Not Enroll?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 453-457, May.
- Wendy A. Stock & T. Aldrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Matriculation in U.S. Economics Ph.D. Programs: How Many Accepted Americans Do Not Enroll?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0609, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- KimMarie McGoldrick & Gail Hoyt & Dave Colander, 2008. "The Professional Development of Graduate Students in Economics," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0811, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:reihed:v:59:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s11162-017-9481-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Rouse, Cecilia Elena & Chen, Mingyu, 2016. "Can a summer make a difference? The impact of the American Economic Association Summer Program on minority student outcomesAuthor-Name: Becker, Charles M," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 46-71.
More about this item
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Attrition in Economics Ph.D. Programs (AER 2006) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:96:y:2006:i:2:p:458-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.