The impact of institutional student support on graduation rates in US Ph.D. programmes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2001.
"So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics?: How Long Do You Think It Will Take?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 364-378.
- Siegfried, J.J. & Stock, W.A., 2000. "So You Want to Earn a PH.D. in Economics: How Long do you Think it Will Take?," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-53, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- John Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2000. "So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics: How Long Do You Think it Will Take?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0037, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Tucker, Irvin B., 2004. "A reexamination of the effect of big-time football and basketball success on graduation rates and alumni giving rates," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 655-661, December.
- Webber, Douglas A. & Ehrenberg, Ronald G., 2010.
"Do expenditures other than instructional expenditures affect graduation and persistence rates in American higher education?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 947-958, December.
- Douglas A. Webber & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2009. "Do Expenditures Other Than Instructional Expenditures Affect Graduation and Persistence Rates in American Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 15216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Webber, Douglas A. & Ehrenberg, Ronald G., 2009. "Do Expenditures Other Than Instructional Expenditures Affect Graduation and Persistence Rates in American Higher Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 4345, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stock, Wendy A & Siegfried, John J, 2001. "So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics: How Much Do You Think You'll Make?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 320-335, April.
- Jeffrey Groen & George Jakubson & Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Scott Condie & Albert Yung-Hsu Liu, 2006. "Program Design and Student Outcomes in Graduate Education," NBER Working Papers 12064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Geraint Johnes, 2010. "Heterogeneity and the evaluation of efficiency: the case of Italian universities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(11), pages 1365-1375.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:jorssa:v:153:y:1990:i:2:p:203-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susan Athey & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger & Steven Levitt & James Poterba, 2007. "What Does Performance in Graduate School Predict? Graduate Economics Education and Student Outcomes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 512-520, May.
- Calcagno, Juan Carlos & Bailey, Thomas & Jenkins, Davis & Kienzl, Gregory & Leinbach, Timothy, 2008. "Community college student success: What institutional characteristics make a difference?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 632-645, December.
- repec:bla:jorssa:v:158:y:1995:i:2:p:297-318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabian Waldinger, 2010. "Quality Matters: The Expulsion of Professors and the Consequences for PhD Student Outcomes in Nazi Germany," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(4), pages 787-831, August.
- van Ours, J. C. & Ridder, G., 2003. "Fast track or failure: a study of the graduation and dropout rates of Ph D students in economics," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 157-166, April.
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 2009.
"Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: Taking the decomposition a further step,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 107-113, February.
- G Johnes & J Johnes, 2005. "Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: taking the decomposition a further step," Working Papers 574007, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Lancaster, Tony, 2000. "The incidental parameter problem since 1948," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 391-413, April.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:23:y:2015:i:4:p:396-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.