The Ph.D. Production Process
In: Education as an Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Allan M. Cartter, 1966. "The Supply of and Demand for College Teachers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 1(1), pages 22-38.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:18:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0029-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mangematin, V., 2000. "PhD job market: professional trajectories and incentives during the PhD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 741-756, June.
- van Ours, J.C. & Ridder, G., 1999.
"Fast track or Failure : A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics,"
1999-118, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Ours, J.C. & Ridder, G., 2003. "Fast track or failure : A study of the completion rate of graduate students in economics," Other publications TiSEM 071b62ea-5f0e-4862-9416-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Ours, Jan C. & Ridder, Geert, 2000. "Fast Track or Failure: A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics," IZA Discussion Papers 107, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ridder, G & van Ours, Jan C, 2000. "Fast Track or Failure: A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2363, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey Groen & George Jakubson & Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Scott Condie & Albert Yung-Hsu Liu, 2006. "Program Design and Student Outcomes in Graduate Education," NBER Working Papers 12064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baker, Joe G., 1998. "Gender, Race and Ph.D. Completion in Natural Science and Engineering," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 179-188, April.
- van Ours, J. C. & Ridder, G., 2003. "Fast track or failure: a study of the graduation and dropout rates of Ph D students in economics," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 157-166, April.
- Abe, Yasumi & Watanabe, Satoshi P., 2012. "A NEW APPROACH TO ANALYZING UNIVERSITY PRESTIGE AND INTERNAL RESOURCE ALLOCATION: Geometric Interpretations and Implications," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt2tz763xp, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Ehrenberg, R.G.Ronald G., 2004. "Econometric studies of higher education," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 19-37.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00424362 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & Dominic J. Brewer, 1993.
"How Would Universities Respond to Increased Federal Support for Graduate Students?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Studies of Supply and Demand in Higher Education, pages 183-210
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & Dominic J. Brewer, 1991. "How Would Universities Respond to Increased Federal Support for Graduate Students?," NBER Working Papers 3741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Groen, 2016. "The Impact of Labor Demand on Time to the Doctorate," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 11(1), pages 43-69, Winter.
- Marta Martínez Matute, 2014. "The duration of the PhD at Spain from a stochastic frontier perspective: Is it really a trick-or-treat issue?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 9,in: Adela García Aracil & Isabel Neira Gómez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 9, edition 1, volume 9, chapter 29, pages 545-565 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:4488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.