Is there such a Thing called Scientific Waste?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendrik P. van Dalen, 1999. "The Golden Age of Nobel Economists," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 43(2), pages 19-35, October.
- Arjo Klamer & Hendrik van Dalen, 2001. "Attention and the art of scientific publishing," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 289-315.
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Dominitz, Jeff & Lee Hansen, W., 1999. "Graduate training and the early career productivity of Ph.D. economists," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-77, February.
- repec:spr:scient:v:64:y:2005:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-005-0248-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Ours, J.C. & Ridder, G., 1999.
"Fast track or Failure : A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics,"
1999-118, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Ours, J.C. & Ridder, G., 2003. "Fast track or failure : A study of the completion rate of graduate students in economics," Other publications TiSEM 071b62ea-5f0e-4862-9416-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Ours, Jan C. & Ridder, Geert, 2000. "Fast Track or Failure: A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics," IZA Discussion Papers 107, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ridder, G & van Ours, Jan C, 2000. "Fast Track or Failure: A Study of the Completion Rates of Graduate Students in Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2363, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frey, Bruno S, 2003. "Publishing as Prostitution?--Choosing between One's Own Ideas and Academic Success," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 116(1-2), pages 205-223, July.
- Scherer, F. M. & Harhoff, Dietmar, 2000. "Technology policy for a world of skew-distributed outcomes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 559-566, April.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & K?ne Henkens, 2005.
"Signals in science - On the importance of signaling in gaining attention in science,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 64(2), pages 209-233, August.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & Kène Henkens, 2004. "Signals in Science - On the Importance of Signaling in Gaining Attention in Science," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-113/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1992. "The Young Economist's Guide to Professional Etiquette," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 169-179, Winter.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic science; public good; citations; wasteful competition;
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20050005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .