The impact of integrated aquaculture-agriculture on small-scale farm sustainability and farmers' livelihoods: Experience from Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pant, Jharendu & Demaine, Harvey & Edwards, Peter, 2005. "Bio-resource flow in integrated agriculture-aquaculture systems in a tropical monsoonal climate: a case study in Northeast Thailand," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 203-219, February.
- Edwards, P. & Pullin, R.S.V. & Gartner, J.A., 1988. "Research and education for the development of integrated crop-livestock-fish farming systems in the tropics," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 1926, September.
- Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Abdur Rab, M. & Bimbao, Mary Ann P., 1995. "Aquaculture technology adoption in Kapasia Thana, Bangladesh: some preliminary results from farm record-keeping data," Technical Reports 44730, Worldfish Center.
- Prein, M., 2002. "Integration of aquaculture into crop-animal systems in Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 127-146.
- Gupta, M.V. & Sollows, J.D. & Mazid, M.A. & Rahman, A. & Hussain, M.G. & Dey, M.M., 1998. "Integrating aquaculture with rice farming in Bangladesh: feasibility and economic viability, its adoption and impact," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 13197, September.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Nhan, Dang K. & Phong, Le T. & Verdegem, Marc J.C. & Duong, Le T. & Bosma, Roel H. & Little, David C., 2007. "Integrated freshwater aquaculture, crop and livestock production in the Mekong delta, Vietnam: Determinants and the role of the pond," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 445-458, May.
- Edwards, Peter & Pullin, Roger S.V. & Gartner, J.A., 1988. "Research and education for the development of integrated crop-livestock-fish farming systems in the tropics," Technical Reports 44685, Worldfish Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O.M. Joffre & S.A. Castine & M.J. Phillips & S. Senaratna Sellamuttu & D. Chandrabalan & P. Cohen, 2017. "Increasing productivity and improving livelihoods in aquatic agricultural systems: a review of interventions," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(1), pages 39-60, February.
- Dey, Madan M. & SpielmanÂ David J. & Haque, A.B.M. Mahfuzul & Rahman, Md. Saidur & Valmonte-Santos, Rowena, 2012. "Change and diversity in smallholder rice-fish systems: Recent evidence from Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 1220, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dey, Madan M. & Spielman, David J. & Haque, A.B.M.M. & Rahman, M.S. & Valmonte-Santos, R., 2013. "Change and diversity in smallholder rice–fish systems: Recent evidence and policy lessons from Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 108-117.
- Pandey, Vijay Laxmi & Mahendra Dev, S. & Jayachandran, Usha, 2016. "Impact of agricultural interventions on the nutritional status in South Asia: A review," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 28-40.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:206:y:2018:i:c:p:187-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Islam, Abu Hayat, 2015. "Can Integrated Rice-Fish System Increase Welfare of the Marginalized Extreme Poor in Bangladesh? A DID Matching Approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211792, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. &, 2016. "Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 177-196.
- Enoch M. Kikulwe & Nassul .S. Kabunga & Matin Qaim, 2012. "Impact of tissue culture banana technology in Kenya: A difference-in-difference estimation approach," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 117, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:spd:journl:v:67:y:2017:i:3:p:18-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIntegrated aquaculture-agriculture Technical efficiency Farm productivity Food security Nutrition Asia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:104:y:2011:i:5:p:392-402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.