Back to the Future? Understanding Change in Food Habits of Farmers' Market Customers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Carlos E. Carpio & Olga Isengildina-Massa, 2009.
"Consumer willingness to pay for locally grown products: the case of South Carolina,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 412-426.
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Isengildina-Massa, Olga, 2008. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Locally Grown Products: The Case of South Carolina," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6815, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Alfonso Morales & Steven Balkin & Joseph Persky, 1995. "The Value of Benefits of a Public Street Market: The Case of Maxwell Street," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 9(4), pages 304-320, November.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Hine, Susan, 2002.
"Discovering Niche Markets: A Comparison of Consumer Willingness to Pay for Local (Colorado Grown), Organic, and GMO-Free Products,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 477-487, December.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Hine, Susan E., 2002. "Discovering Niche Markets: A Comparison Of Consumer Willingness To Pay For Local (Colorado Grown), Organic, And Gmo-Free Products," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(03), December.
- Cheryl Brown & Stacy Miller, 2008. "The Impacts of Local Markets: A Review of Research on Farmers Markets and Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1298-1302.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
- Henrik Vetter & Kostas Karantininis, 2002. "Moral hazard, vertical integration, and public monitoring in credence goods," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 271-279, June.
- Pascucci, Stefano, 2010. "Governance Structure, Perception and Innovation in Credence Food Transactions: The Role of Community Networks," 2010 Internatonal European Forum, February 8-12, 2010, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 100591, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Kostas Karantininis & Jesper T. Graversen, 2008. "Relational contracts and adaptation: application to a pork producer contract," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 342-354.
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding alternative food networks: exploring the role of short food supply chains in rural development," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
- Frenzen, Jonathan K & Davis, Harry L, 1990. " Purchasing Behavior in Embedded Markets," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 1-12, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gumirakiza, Jean Dominique & Curtis, Kynda R. & Bosworth, Ryan C., 2014. "Who Attends Farmersâ€™ Markets and Why? Understanding Consumers and their Motivations," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- Bimbo, Francesco & Viscecchia, Rosaria & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "Does the alternative food supply network affect the human health?," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126060, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Murakami, Tomoaki & Nakajima, Shinsaku & Takahashi, Taro & Nishihara, Yukinaga & Imai, Asako & Kikushima, Ryousuke & Sato, Takeshi, 2014. "Spatially Varying Impacts of Farmers Markets on Agricultural Land Use," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170668, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gallardo, R. Karina & Olanie, Aaron & OrdÃ³Ã±ez, Rita & Ostrom, Ostrom, 2015. "The Use of Electronic Payment Machines at Farmers Markets: Results from a Choice Experiment Study," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(1).
- Stobbe, Tracy, 2016. "Making Sense of the Dollars Spent at Farmersâ€™ Markets," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 47(2), July.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:3:y:2015:i:1:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Finco, A. & Sargentoni, T. & Tramontano, A. & Bentivoglio, Deborah & Rasetti, M., 2013. "Economic Sustainability of Short Food Supply Chain in the Italian Olive Oil Sector: A Viable Alternative for Tunisian Agrofood Market?," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160681, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Francesco Bimbo & Rosaria Viscecchia & Gianluca Nadone, 2013. "L’effetto della "filiera corta" sul livello di obesità in Italia," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 15(2), pages 97-110.
- Marino, Davide & Mastronardi, Luigi & Franco, Silvio & De Gregorio, Daniela & Cicatiello, Clara & Pancino, Barbara, 2013. "Farmers’ Markets, Producer and Consumer Behaviour: Analysis of Interactions with the Metrics of Sustainability," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164751, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Clara Cicatiello & Silvio Franco & Emanuele Blasi & Barbara Pancino, 2015. "How Sustainable are Food Systems? One Step beyond the Concept," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 181-196.
- Emanuele Blasi & Clara Cicatiello & Barbara Pancino & Silvio Franco, 2015. "Alternative food chains as a way to embed mountain agriculture in the urban market: the case of Trentino," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Cembalo, L. & Caracciolo, Francesco & Dentoni, D. & Pascucci, S., 2013. "Farms’ Performance and Short Supply Chains in Italy: an Econometric Analysis," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149899, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Owusu, Victor & Owusu Anifori, Michael, 2013. "Consumer Willingness to Pay a Premium for Organic Fruit and Vegetable in Ghana," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 16(1).
- Patrick Mundler & Sophie Laughrea, 2015. "Circuits alimentaires de proximité - Quels bénéfices pour le développement des territoires? Étude de cas dans trois territoires québécois," CIRANO Project Reports 2015rp-21, CIRANO.
- Corsi, Alessandro & Novelli, Silvia, 2015. "The value of direct farmers-consumers relationships as determinants of consumers' purchase choices," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202749, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luca Falasconi & Matteo Vittuari & Alessandro Politano & Andrea Segrè, 2015. "Food Waste in School Catering: An Italian Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-16, November.
- Bimbo, Francesco & Bonanno, Alessandro & Nardone, Gianluca & Viscecchia, Rosaria, 2015. "The Hidden Benefits of Short Food Supply Chains: Farmersâ€™ Markets Density and Body Mass Index in Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(1).
More about this item
Keywordsfarmers' markets; food habits; Italy; Agribusiness; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Health Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:117604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifamaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.