Social Science & Medicine
April 1996, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 1069-1075 The impact on employment of an intervention to increase recognition of previously untreated anxiety among primary care physicians
by Yelin, Edward & Mathias, Susan D. & Buesching, Don P. & Rowland, Clayton & Calucin, Ruth Q. & Fifer, Sheila
- 1077-1084 Coping with additional stresses: Comparative study of healthy and cancer patient new immigrants
by Baider, Lea & Kaufman, Bella & Ever-Hadani, Penina & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 1085-1093 Age and health status in a patient satisfaction survey
by Cohen, G.
- 1095-1108 A triple burden for health sector reform: 'Post'-conflict rehabilitation in Uganda
by Macrae, Joanna & Zwi, Anthony B. & Gilson, Lucy
- 1113-1115 Letter to the editor
by Uzych, Leo
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 787-787 Foreword
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 789-790 Introduction
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 791-800 Daniel Drake's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 801-816 Defining localities for health planning: A GIS approach
by Bullen, Nina & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 817-830 Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 831-841 Establishing links between air quality and health: Searching for the impossible?
by Dunn, Christine & Kingham, Simon
- 843-855 Interactive spatial data analysis in medical geography
by Gatrell, A. C. & Bailey, T. C.
- 857-869 Analyzing perceived limiting long-term illness using U.K. census microdata
by Gould, Myles I. & Jones, Kelvyn
- 871-878 Alzheimer's disease: Preliminary study of spatial distribution at birth place
by Jean, H. & Emard, J. -F. & Thouez, J. -P. & Houde, L. & Robitaille, Y. & Mathieu, J. & Boily, C. & Daoud, N. & Beaudry, M. & Cholette, A. & Bouchard, R. & Veilleux, F. & Gauvreau, D.
- 879-885 The application of K-function analysis to the geographical distribution of road traffic accident outcomes in Norfolk, England
by Jones, Andrew P. & Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 887-896 Restructuring long-term care and the geography of ageing: A view from rural New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Chalmers, A. I. (Lex)
- 897-908 Regional variations in mortality rates in England and Wales: An analysis using multi-level modelling
by Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 909-922 The selection of needs indicators for regional resource allocation in the fields of health and social services in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert & Saucier, Alain & Berthiaume, Nicole & Ferland, Pierre & Couture, Régis & Caris, Patricia & Fortin, Lynda & Lacroix, Diane & Kirouac, René
- 923-935 Explaining urban-rural variations in health: A review of interactions between individual and environment
by Verheij, Robert A.
- 937-948 The development of Ontario's Home Care Program: A critical geographical analysis
by Williams, Allison M.
- 949-963 The household context for women's health care decisions: Impacts of U.K. policy changes
by Young, Ruth
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 639-641 Traditional reaction to modern stress
by Lee, Rance P. L.
- 643-649 Quality of care: A comparison of preferences between medical specialists and patients with chronic diseases
by van der Waal, Marieke A. E. & Casparie, Anton F. & Lako, Christiaan J.
- 651-659 The significance of children's age in estimating the effect of maternal time use on children's well-being
by Ricci, Judith A. & Jerome, Norge W. & Sirageldin, Ismail & Aly, Hekmat & Moussa, Wafaa & Galal, Osman & Harrison, Gail G. & Kirksey, Avanelle
- 661-670 Regulatory effects of health examination programs on medical expenditures for the elderly in Japan
by Matsuda, Shinya
- 671-679 Which resources pay for treatment? A model for estimating the informal economy of health
by Wallman, Sandra & Baker, Maia
- 681-689 Self-rated health and mortality in a Lithuanian and a Dutch population
by Appels, A. & Bosma, H. & Grabauskas, V. & Gostautas, A. & Sturmans, F.
- 691-703 Syringe-mediated drug sharing among injecting drug users: Patterns, social context and implications for transmission of blood-borne pathogens
by Grund, Jean-Paul C. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Stern, L. Synn & Jose, Benny & Neaigus, Alan & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 705-712 Variation in diagnoses: Influence of specialists' training on selecting and ranking relevant information in geriatric case vignettes
by Kalf, Annette J. H. & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 713-719 Health and a residential care population
by Segal, Steven P. & Vandervoort, Debra J. & Liese, Lawrence H.
- 721-731 Determinants of informal caregivers' satisfaction with services for dying cancer patients
by Fakhoury, Walid & McCarthy, Mark & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 733-743 A review of research on the nature and quality of HIV testing services: A proposal for process-based studies
by Beardsell, Susan & Coyle, Adrian
- 785-785 Letter to the editor
by Barzelatto, Jose
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 479-482 Abortion from a crosscultural perspective: An introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 483-494 The pregnancy that doesn't stay: The practice and perception of abortion by Ekiti Yoruba women
by Renne, Elisha P.
- 495-508 Abortion traditions in rural Jamaica
by Sobo, E. J.
- 509-519 Abortion policy and practice in Greece
by Georges, Eugenia
- 521-530 Women's perspectives on abortion in Romania
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Horga, Mihai & Andronache, Laurentia
- 531-542 Abortion in Turkey: A matter of state, family or individual decision
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 543-560 Abortion law and practice in China: An overview with comparisons to the United States
by Rigdon, Susan M.
- 561-563 Back pain and epidemiology review: The epidemiology and cost of back pain : Clinical Standards Advisory Group (Committee Chaired by Michael Rosen). Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1994. (Respectively 89pp. and 72pp. paperback, Â£14.00: ISBN 0-11-321887-7 and ISBN 0-11-321889-3)
by Troup, J. D. G.
- 565-578 Alcohol use among American Indian adolescents: The role of culture in pathological drinking
by O'Nell, Theresa D. & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 579-588 Demarcation and transformation within homoeopathic knowledge. A strategy of professionalization
by Cant, Sarah & Sharma, Ursula
- 589-597 Black/white differences in the relationship of maternal age to birthweight: A population-based test of the weathering hypothesis
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 599-608 Psychological distress among caregivers to heart transplant recipients
by Canning, Robert D. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Davidson, Suzanne
- 609-615 Inconsistency and health state valuations
by Dolan, Paul & Kind, Paul
- 617-624 Gender differences in health: Are things really as simple as they seem?
by Macintyre, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Sweeting, Helen
- 625-627 Letter to the editor
by Gürsoy, Akile
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 301-303 Human rights and health within the dominant paradigm
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 305-311 A note on the relationship between ex ante and expected willingness to pay for health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 313-324 Limitations of quantitative research in the study of structural adjustment
by Lundy, Patricia
- 325-338 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part I. Methods and descriptive data
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René
- 339-352 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part II. Statistical correlates
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René & Mock, Nancy
- 353-361 'Healing fictions': Stories of choosing in the aftermath of the detection of fetal anomalies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Jones, Linda Corson
- 363-377 A cross-national study of quality of life factors associated with patterns of elderly disablement
by Lamb, Vicki L.
- 379-388 The use of drug information sources by physicians: Development of a data-generating methodology
by Boerkamp, E. J. C. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M. & Reuyl, J. C. & Versluis, A.
- 389-398 Medication decision-making and management: A client-centered model
by Chewning, Betty & Sleath, Betsy
- 399-420 Areal and socioeconomic differentials in infant and child mortality in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 421-430 Innovations in acumoxa: Acupuncture analgesia, scalp and ear acupuncture in the People's Republic of China
by Hsu, Elisabeth
- 431-435 Importance of schistosomiasis in the Isoka district of Zambia: A prerequisite for its control using community participation
by Siziya, Seter & Mushanga, Martin
- 437-445 Acute respiratory infections--Mothers' perceptions of etiology and treatment in South-Western Nigeria
by Iyun, B. Folasade & Tomson, Göran
- 447-451 Carbon monoxide suicide from car exhausts
by Öström, Mats & Thorson, Jan & Eriksson, Anders
- 453-462 Origins and working conditions of female sex workers in urban Thailand: Consequences of social context for HIV transmission
by Wawer, Maria J. & Podhisita, Chai & Kanungsukkasem, Uraiwan & Pramualratana, Anthony & McNamara, Regina
- 463-469 Attitudes of pediatric nurses facing HIV risk
by Berkowitz, Nancy F. & Nuttall, Ronald L.
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-168 The Swedish Transplant Acts: Sociological considerations on bodies and giving
by Machado, Nora
- 169-172 Senile dementia in Japan: Prevalence and response
by Ineichen, Bernard
- 173-183 Social networks, social support and coping with serious illness: The family connection
by Ell, Kathleen
- 185-197 The industrial Panopticon: Mining and the medical construction of migrant African labour in South Africa, 1900-1950
by Butchart, Alexander
- 199-207 Factors influencing patient perceived recovery in Mexico
by Finkler, Kaja & Correa, Maria
- 209-220 Patterns and predictors of infertility among African women: A cross-national survey of twenty-seven nations
by Ericksen, Karen & Brunette, Tracy
- 221-231 Rethinking methods for the study of sexual behaviour
by Huygens, Pierre & Kajura, Ellen & Seeley, Janet & Barton, Tom
- 233-243 The Yoruba farm market as a communication channel in guinea worm disease surveillance
by Brieger, William R. & Kendall, Carl
- 245-256 Adaptive demands along the HIV disease continuum
by Pakenham, Kenneth I. & Dadds, Mark R. & Terry, Deborah J.
- 257-264 Sex differences in morbidity: A case of discrimination in general practice
by Sayer, Geoffrey P. & Britt, Helena
- 265-280 Chronic stress and psychological well-being: Evidence from Thailand on household crowding
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee & Sermsri, Santhat
- 281-292 Anthropology, clinical pathology and the electronic fetal monitor: Lessons from the heart
by Bassett, Ken
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-2 Retirement of Peter McEwan
by Illsley, Raymond
- 3-19 Leprosy among the limba: Illness and healing in the context of world view
by Opala, Joseph & Boillot, Francois
- 21-34 Reconsidering the status of anorexia nervosa as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Lee, Sing
- 35-46 Is general practitioner decision making associated with patient socio-economic status?
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & King, Madeleine
- 47-57 Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985
by Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H.
- 59-73 Women and AIDS: An analysis of media misrepresentations
by Sacks, Valerie
- 75-89 Inequalities in health related to women's marital, parental, and employment status--A comparison between the early 70s and the late 80s, Norway
by Elstad, Jon Ivar
- 91-98 Dry sex in Zimbabwe and implications for condom use
by Civic, Diane & Wilson, David
- 99-110 Gender response to neurofibromatosis 1
by Ablon, Joan
- 111-123 The role of clinical vignettes in rapid ethnographic research: A folk taxonomy of diarrhoea in Thailand
by Shawyer, Richard John & Gani, Abdullah Sani Bin & Punufimana, Albert Noel & Seuseu, Namulauulu Kamuta Fualaga
- 125-132 Medical futility decisions and physicians' legal defensiveness: The impact of anticipated conflict on thresholds for end-of-life treatment
by Swanson, Jeffrey W. & Van McCrary, S.
- 133-140 Ethnography of fertility and menstruation in rural Mexico
by Castañeda, Xóchitl & García, Cecilia & Langer, Ana
- 141-152 Prostitutes, prostitution and STD/HIV transmission in Mainland China
by Gil, Vincent E. & Wang, Marco S. & Anderson, Allen F. & Lin, Guo Matthew & Wu, Zongjian Oliver
- 157-157 Letter to the editor
by Bagshawe, Antonia
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 12
- 1603-1605 Social differentials in chronic disease: What can sociological knowledge offer to explain and possibly reduce them?
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1607-1616 Medical humanitarianism and human rights: Reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1617-1619 Professionals, intellectuals, visible practitioners? The case of 'medical humanitarianism'
by Herzlich, Claudine
- 1621-1622 Reaction paper: Medical humanitarianism and human rights; reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Falck, Hans S.
- 1623-1624 On providing a truly international perspective
by Wyatt, David
- 1625-1626 Rejoinder
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1627-1637 The implementation of health promotion: A new structural perspective
by Rütten, Alfred
- 1639-1645 Correlates of health care satisfaction in inner-city patients with hypertension and chronic renal insufficiency
by Harris, Lisa E. & Luft, Friedrich C. & Rudy, David W. & Tierney, William M.
- 1647-1651 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1653-1654 Introduction
by Rifkin, Susan
- 1655-1665 Research and the health services manager in the developing world
by Barker, Carol
- 1667-1676 What is participatory research?
by Cornwall, Andrea & Jewkes, Rachel
- 1677-1683 Ethnographic studies of ARI in Bolivia and their use by the national ARI programme
by Hudelson, Patricia & Huanca, Tomas & Charaly, Dolores & Cirpa, Virginia
- 1685-1692 Perception and social consequences of tuberculosis: A focus group study of tuberculosis patients in Sialkot, Pakistan
by Liefooghe, R. & Michiels, N. & Habib, S. & Moran, M. B. & De Muynck, A.
- 1693-1704 Child sexual abuse in Matabeleland, Zimbabwe
by Meursing, Karla & Vos, Theo & Coutinho, Odette & Moyo, Michael & Mpofu, Sipho & Oneko, Olola & Mundy, Verity & Dube, Simukai & Mahlangu, Thembeni & Sibindi, Flora
- 1705-1713 Socio-cultural and behavioural aspects of mosquito-borne lymphatic filariasis in Thailand: A qualitative analysis
by Rauyajin, Oratai & Kamthornwachara, Benjawan & Yablo, Paul
- 1715-1724 Learning to listen: Formative research in the development of AIDS education for secondary school students
by Mathews, Catherine & Everett, Katherine & Binedell, Julia & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 1725-1729 How do health service managers respond to qualitative research?
by Van der Walt, Hester & Mathews, Catherine
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 11
- 1467-1468 Welcome? To the brave new world of evidence based medicine
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 1469-1478 The health crisis in the former Soviet Union: A report from the 'post-war' zone
by Field, Mark G.
- 1479-1486 Environmental effects on human reproduction: The basis for new efforts in Eastern Europe
by Kulin, Howard E. & Skakkebaek, Niels E.
- 1487-1498 Culture in treatment, culture as treatment. A critical appraisal of developments in addictions programs for indigenous North Americans and Australians
by Brady, Maggie
- 1499-1505 Locus of control and socioeconomic status: Does internal locus of control reflect real resources and opportunities or personal coping abilities?
by Landau, Ruth
- 1507-1512 Separate black and white infant mortality models: Differences in the importance of structural variables
by Bird, Sheryl Thorburn
- 1513-1516 Psychological factors in the relationship between alcohol and cardiovascular morbidity
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1517-1521 Public opinion regarding end-of-life decisions: Influence of prognosis, practice and process
by Singer, Peter A. & Choudhry, Sujit & Armstrong, Jane & Meslin, Eric M. & Lowy, Frederick H.
- 1523-1533 Anthropology, HIV and contingent identities
by Gatter, Philip N.
- 1535-1567 Health care workers and HIV/AIDS: A critical review of the literature
by Horsman, Janet M. & Sheeran, Paschal
- 1569-1575 Eye care knowledge and practices among Malawian traditional healers and the development of collaborative blindness prevention programmes
by Courtright, Paul
- 1577-1586 Perceptions of risk during pregnancy amongst urban women in Northeast Brazil
by Atkinson, Sarah J. & Farias, Monica Façanha
- 1587-1595 Balancing hot and cold--Balancing power and weakness: Social and cultural aspects of Malay jamu in Singapore
by Tuschinsky, Christine
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1337-1338 Introduction
by Bowling, Ann & Brazier, John
- 1339-1348 Developing outcome measures for ambulatory care--An application to asthma and diabetes
by Mccoll, E. & Steen, I. N. & Meadows, K. A. & Hutchinson, A. & Eccles, M. P. & Hewison, J. & Fowler, P. & Blades, S. M.
- 1349-1358 The Swedish SF-36 Health Survey--I. Evaluation of data quality, scaling assumptions, reliability and construct validity across general populations in Sweden
by Sullivan, Marianne & Karlsson, Jan & Ware, John E.
- 1359-1366 German translation and psychometric testing of the SF-36 Health Survey: Preliminary results from the IQOLA project
by Bullinger, Monika
- 1367-1372 Quality of life in chronic fatigue syndrome
by Schweitzer, Robert & Kelly, Brian & Foran, Amanda & Terry, Deborah & Whiting, John
- 1373-1382 Environmental and health-related quality of life: Conceptual and methodological similarities
by Rogerson, Robert J.
- 1383-1394 Clinical and public health perspectives and applications of health-related quality of life measurement
by Ebrahim, Shah
- 1395-1401 Evaluating the efficacy of medical treatment: Possibilities and limitations
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1411-1415 Health-related quality of life between naturalism and hermeneutics
by Rosenberg, Raben
- 1417-1427 A QALY-based societal health statistic for Canada, 1985
by Holmes, Ann M.
- 1429-1437 Maximizing health benefits vs egalitarianism: An Australian survey of health issues
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 1439-1446 Elderly people's definitions of quality of life
by Farquhar, Morag
- 1447-1462 What things are important in people's lives? A survey of the public's judgements to inform scales of health related quality of life
by Bowling, Ann
- 1463-1465 Quality of life assessment in pediatric oncology: A retrospective review of phase III reports
by Bradlyn, Andrew S. & Harris, Carole V. & Spieth, Leslie E.
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1203-1205 A better way of approaching adolescent pregnancy
by Battin, M. P.
- 1207-1216 Sociological dimensions of illness behavior
by Mechanic, David
- 1217-1240 The tooth as a marker of developing world quality of life: A field study in Guatemala
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1241-1254 Health promotion in primary care: Physician-patient communication and decision making about prescription medications
by Makoul, Gregory & Arntson, Paul & Schofield, Theo
- 1255-1260 Confiding in crisis: Gender differences in pattern of confiding among cancer patients
by Harrison, Judy & Maguire, Peter & Pitceathly, Carolyn
- 1261-1271 The cultural production of Bioterapia: Psychic healing and the natural medicine movement in Slovakia
by Rubens, Donna & Gyurkovics, Darina & Hornacek, Karol
- 1273-1287 Reliability-adjusted disease maps
by Kennedy-Kalafatis, Susan
- 1289-1299 The ethics of discharge planning for older adults: An ethnographic analysis
by Dill, Ann E. P.
- 1301-1310 Pre-marital genetic counselling to consanguineous couples: Attitudes, beliefs and decisions among counselled, noncounselled and unrelated couples in Israel
by Shiloh, Shoshana & Reznik, Haike & Bat-Miriam-Katznelson, Mariassa & Goldman, Boleslav
- 1311-1323 Sexual communication in the age of AIDS: The construction of risk and trust among young adults
by Lear, Dana
- 1325-1332 The role of pharmaceuticals in the privatization process in Vietnam's health-care system
by Wolffers, Ivan
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1041-1041 Editorial
by McEwan, P. J. M.
- 1043-1045 Flourishing health work in China
by Xu, Wenbo
- 1047-1055 The Chinese health care system: Lessons for other nations
by Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1057-1064 The reforms of the Chinese health care system: County level changes: The Jiangxi study
by Zheng, Xiang & Hillier, Sheila
- 1065-1072 Market reforms and China's health care system
by HO, Lok Sang
- 1073-1084 Urban economic reform and access to health care coverage in the People's Republic of China
by Grogan, Colleen M.
- 1085-1093 Transformation of China's rural health care financing
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. L. & Li, Qing & Liu, Xingzhu & Ren, Minghui
- 1095-1101 The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy
by Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1103-1110 Health care utilization as a function of subjective health status, job satisfaction and gender among health care workers in Guangzhou, Southern China
by Fielding, R. & Li, J. & Tang, Y. E.
- 1111-1118 Cooperative medical schemes in contemporary rural China
by Xueshan, Feng & Shenglan, Tang & Bloom, Gerald & Segall, Malcolm & Xingyuan, Gu
- 1119-1130 Distribution of medical insurance in China
by Henderson, Gail & Shuigao, Jin & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Jianmin, Wang & Haijiang, Ma & Yunan, He & Xiping, Zhang & Ying, Chang & Keyou, Ge
- 1131-1145 Urban stress in China
by Lin, Nan & Lai, Gina
- 1147-1157 Seeking women's voices: Setting the context for women's health interventions in two rural counties in Yunnan, China
by Wong, Glenn C. & LI, Virginia C. & Burris, Mary Ann & Xiang, Yueping
- 1159-1173 Goods on which one loses: Women and mental health in China
by Pearson, Veronica
- 1175-1184 Flows of social support and health status among older persons in China
by Liu, Xian & Liang, Jersey & Gu, Shengzu
- 1185-1190 Some aspects of diabetes care in Chengdu
by Li, Xiu J. & Deng, Shang P.
- 1191-1195 Outline of control practice of endemic fluorosis in China
by Lian-Fang, Wang & Jian-Zhong, Huang
- 1197-1201 The rise and prospects of medical aesthetics
by Qingxing, Peng & Xue, Wang & Jiaye, Zhao
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 911-914 Epidemiology's role in the creation of a humane world: Convergences and divergences among the schools
by Breilh, Jaime
- 915-922 Psychosocial and behavioral factors associated with serum lipids in university students
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Krakau, Ingvar & Högbom, Margita & Romanus-Egerborg, Isolde
- 923-934 Explaining rising mortality among men in Eastern Europe
by Watson, Peggy
- 935-947 Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort
by Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 949-955 Homogénéité de la distribution spatiale des cancers du système reproducteur féminin au Québec
by Drapeau, Aline & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Ghadirian, Parviz
- 957-968 Sewers and scapegoats: Spatial metaphors of smallpox in nineteenth century San Francisco
by Craddock, Susan
- 969-975 Process and outcomes in general practice consultations: Problems in defining high quality care
by Winefield, Helen R. & Murrell, Timothy G. & Clifford, Julie
- 977-981 Public health problems of urbanization
by Mutatkar, R. K.
- 983-1003 Elderly mental health in the developing world
by Levkoff, Sue E. & Macarthur, Ian W. & Bucknall, Julia
- 1005-1021 The subjective experience of health and illness in Ocuituco: A case study
by Castro, Roberto
- 1023-1031 Ethnic differences in contraceptive use in Kuwait: A clinic-based study
by Al-Gallaf, Khalida & Al-Wazzan, Hanan & Al-Namash, Hind & Shah, Nasra M. & Behbehani, Jaafar
- 1033-1037 The impact of the Gulf armed conflict on the health and behaviour of Kuwaiti children
by Al-Eissa, Youssef A.
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 759-760 What is this news on the menstrual cycle and premenstrual syndrome? : Introduction
by Choi, Precilla Y. L.
- 761-767 The premenstrual syndrome: A brief history
by Richardson, John T. E.
- 769-777 Stress responsivity in exercisers and non-exercisers during different phases of the menstrual cycle
by Choi, Precilla Y. L. & Salmon, Peter
- 779-784 The menstrual cycle, science and femininity: Assumptions underlying menstrual cycle research
by Nicolson, Paula
- 785-791 The menstrual cycle and the well being of women
by Bancroft, John
- 793-800 Theory and methodology in premenstrual syndrome research
by Walker, Anne
- 801-807 Increased socioeconomic differences in mortality in eight Spanish provinces
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutiérrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Rodríguez, Carmen
- 809-818 Health of migrants and migrant health policy, the Netherlands as an example
by Venema, H. P. Uniken & Garretsen, H. F. L. & Van Der Maas, P. J.
- 819-828 No real progress towards equity: Health of migrants and ethnic minorities on the eve of the year 2000
by Bollini, Paola & Siem, Harald
- 829-835 Impact of user charges on vulnerable groups: The case of Kibwezi in rural Kenya
by Mbugua, J. Karanja & Bloom, Gerald H. & Segall, Malcolm M.
- 837-844 The social life of bonding theory
by Crouch, Mira & Manderson, Lenore
- 845-855 Research on lifestyles and health: Searching for meaning
by Dean, Kathryn & Colomer, Concha & Pérez-Hoyos, Santiago
- 857-862 Public health crises of cities in developing countries
by Wang'ombe, Joseph K.
- 863-872 Distribution spatiale de sieges anatomiques choisis de cancer au Quebec
by Gbary, A. R. & Philippe, P. & Ducic, S. & Beland, F.
- 873-881 Interruptive patterns in medical visits: The effects of role, status and gender
by Irish, Julie T. & Hall, Judith A.
- 883-891 'If this is what it's doing to our washing, what is it doing to our lungs?' Industrial pollution and public understanding in North-East England
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Phillimore, Peter & Bhopal, Raj & Foy, Christopher
- 893-899 Setting the agenda: Does the medical literature set the agenda for articles about medicines in the newspapers?
by Van Trigt, Anke M. & De Jong-Van Den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Voogt, Linda M. & Willems, Jaap & T.Dirk Tromp, F. J. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 901-907 The social network of patients with schizoaffective disorder as compared to patients with diabetes and to healthy individuals
by Nettelbladt, Per & Svensson, Carina & Serin, Ulrika & Öjehagen, Agneta
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 603-604 The 'permanent project syndrome': A counter productive consequence of philanthropy
by Wang'ombe, J. K.
- 605-607 Introduction
by Greenough, Paul
- 609-616 Global immunization--A medical perspective
by Wright, Peter F.
- 617-632 Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand
by Nichter, Mark
- 633-645 Intimidation, coercion and resistance in the final stages of the South Asian Smallpox Eradication Campaign, 1973-1975
by Greenough, Paul
- 647-656 Enhancing coverage and sustainability of vaccination programs: An explanatory framework with special reference to India
by Streefland, Pieter H.