Measuring and valuing productivity loss due to poor health: A critical review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drummond, Michael F. & Sculpher, Mark J. & Torrance, George W. & O'Brien, Bernie J. & Stoddart, Greg L., 2005. "Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780198529453.
- Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona, 1995. "The friction cost method for measuring indirect costs of disease," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 171-189, June.
- repec:ohe:monogr:000464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sean Nicholson & Mark V. Pauly & Daniel Polsky & Claire Sharda & Helena Szrek & Marc L. Berger, 2006.
"Measuring the effects of work loss on productivity with team production,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 111-123.
- Sean Nicholson & Marc V. Pauly & Daniel Polsky & Claire Sharda & Helena Szrek, 2004. "Measuring the Effects of Workloss on Productivity With Team Production," NBER Working Papers 10632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bengt Jönsson, 2009. "Ten arguments for a societal perspective in the economic evaluation of medical innovations," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(4), pages 357-359, October.
- Severens, Johan L. & Mulder, Jan & Laheij, Robert J. F. & Verbeek, André L. M., 2000. "Precision and accuracy in measuring absence from work as a basis for calculating productivity costs in The Netherlands," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 243-249, July.
- Johannesson, Magnus, 1996. "The willingness to pay for health changes, the human-capital approach and the external costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-244, June.
- Mark V. Pauly & Sean Nicholson & Daniel Polsky & Marc L. Berger & Claire Sharda, 2008. "Valuing reductions in on-the-job illness: 'presenteeism' from managerial and economic perspectives," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 469-485.
- Brouwer, W. B. F. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H., 1999. "Productivity losses without absence: measurement validation and empirical evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 13-27, July.
- Karin H. M. Jacob-Tacken & Marc A. Koopmanschap & Willem Jan Meerding & Johan L. Severens, 2005. "Correcting for compensating mechanisms related to productivity costs in economic evaluations of health care programmes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 435-443.
- Mark V. Pauly & Sean Nicholson & Judy Xu & Dan Polsky & Patricia M. Danzon & James F. Murray & Marc L. Berger, 2002. "A general model of the impact of absenteeism on employers and employees," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 221-231.
- Brouwer, W. B. F. & van Exel, N. J. A. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H., 2002. "Productivity costs before and after absence from work: as important as common?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 173-187, August.
- Johannesson, M. & Jonsson, B. & Jonsson, L. & Kobelt, G. & Zethraeus, N., 2009. "Why Should Economic Evaluations of Medical Innovations Have a Societal Perspective?," Briefings 000228, Office of Health Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krol, Marieke & Brouwer, Werner, 2015. "Unpaid work in health economic evaluations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 127-137.
- Nora Ruth Libertun de Duren, 2017. "La carga de la vivienda de interés social: Comparación entre hogares de la periferia y del centro en ciudades de Brasil, Colombia y México," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8417, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Marieke Krol & Jocé Papenburg & Siok Swan Tan & Werner Brouwer & Leona Hakkaart, 2016. "A noticeable difference? Productivity costs related to paid and unpaid work in economic evaluations on expensive drugs," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(4), pages 391-402, May.
- Kenneth Tang, 2015. "Estimating Productivity Costs in Health Economic Evaluations: A Review of Instruments and Psychometric Evidence," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 31-48, January.
- Huijuan Cao & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015. "A productivity analysis considering environmental pollution and diseases in China," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Zhang, Wei & Sun, Huiying & Woodcock, Simon & Anis, Aslam, 2015. "Illness related wage and productivity losses: Valuing ‘presenteeism’," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 62-71.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:188:y:2017:i:c:p:137-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mathieu-Bolh, Nathalie & Pautrel, Xavier, 2016. "Reassessing the effects of environmental taxation when pollution affects health over the life-cycle," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 310-321.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:227-232 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity Absenteeism Presenteeism Economic evaluation Human capital Friction cost Work;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:2:p:185-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .