Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hillel Schmid, 2003. "Rethinking the policy of contracting out Social Services to non-governmental organizations," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 307-323, September.
- GermÃ Bel & Mildred Warner, 2008. "Challenging Issues in Local Privatization," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 26(1), pages 104-109, February.
- Vining, Aidan R. & Globerman, Steven, 1999. "Contracting-out health care services: a conceptual framework," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 77-96, January.
- Stolt, Ragnar & Winblad, Ulrika, 2009. "Mechanisms behind privatization: A case study of private growth in Swedish elderly care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 903-911, March.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Akintayo & Niina Häkälä & Katja Ropponen & Elsa Paronen & Sari Rissanen, 2016. "Predictive Factors for Voluntary and/or Paid Work among Adults in their Sixties," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 1387-1404, September.
- Barron, David N. & West, Elizabeth, 2017. "The quasi-market for adult residential care in the UK: Do for-profit, not-for-profit or public sector residential care and nursing homes provide better quality care?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 137-146.
- Meinow, Bettina & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats, 2011. "Consumers of eldercare in Sweden: The semblance of choice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1285-1289.
- Wisell, Kristin & Winblad, Ulrika & Sporrong, Sofia Kälvemark, 2015. "Reregulation of the Swedish pharmacy sector—A qualitative content analysis of the political rationale," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(5), pages 648-653.
More about this item
KeywordsSweden Privatization Elderly care Contracting out New Public Management Residential care quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:4:p:560-567. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .