Consumers of eldercare in Sweden: The semblance of choice
In Sweden and other countries, the benefits of user choice and market forces are often voiced in relation to the provision of medical care and social services. Policy makers increasingly view people as customers and consumers of care services. Among very old people—the most frequent care users—how many have the capacity necessary to find information and make decisions concerning providers of medical and social services?
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 73 (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flynn, Kathryn E. & Smith, Maureen A. & Vanness, David, 2006. "A typology of preferences for participation in healthcare decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1158-1169, September.
- Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina, 2001. "Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 121-128, February.
- Meagher, Gabrielle & Szebehely, Marta, 2010. "Private financing of elder care in Sweden. Arguments for and against," Arbetsrapport 2010:1, Institute for Futures Studies.
- Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika, 2011. "Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 560-567, February.
- Joseph A. Mikels & Andrew E. Reed & Kosali I. Simon, 2009. "Older Adults Place Lower Value on Choice Relative to Young Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(4), pages 443-446.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:73:y:2011:i:9:p:1285-1289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.