Consumers of eldercare in Sweden: The semblance of choice
In Sweden and other countries, the benefits of user choice and market forces are often voiced in relation to the provision of medical care and social services. Policy makers increasingly view people as customers and consumers of care services. Among very old people—the most frequent care users—how many have the capacity necessary to find information and make decisions concerning providers of medical and social services?
Volume (Year): 73 (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flynn, Kathryn E. & Smith, Maureen A. & Vanness, David, 2006. "A typology of preferences for participation in healthcare decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1158-1169, September.
- Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika, 2011. "Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 560-567, February.
- Meagher, Gabrielle & Szebehely, Marta, 2010. "Private financing of elder care in Sweden. Arguments for and against," Arbetsrapport 2010:1, Institute for Futures Studies.
- Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina, 2001. "Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 121-128, February.
- Joseph A. Mikels & Andrew E. Reed & Kosali I. Simon, 2009. "Older Adults Place Lower Value on Choice Relative to Young Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(4), pages 443-446.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:73:y:2011:i:9:p:1285-1289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.