The geography of institutional psychiatric care in France 1800-2000: Historical analysis of the spatial diffusion of specialised facilities for institutional care of mental illness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hogbin, Vanessa, 1985. "Railways, disease and health in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 933-938, January.
- Wallace, Rodrick & Wallace, Deborah, 1995. "U.S. Apartheid and the spread of AIDS to the suburbs: A multi-city analysis of the political economy of spatial epidemic threshold," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 333-345, August.
- Hunter, John M. & Shannon, Gary W. & Sambrook, Stephanie L., 1986. "Rings of madness: Service areas of 19th century asylums in North America," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1033-1050, January.
- Hoyez, Anne-Cécile, 2007. "The 'world of yoga': The production and reproduction of therapeutic landscapes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 112-124, July.
- Wood, Evan & Chan, Keith & Montaner, Julio S. G. & Schechter, Martin T. & Tyndall, Mark & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Hogg, Robert S., 2000. "The end of the line: has rapid transit contributed to the spatial diffusion of HIV in one of Canada's largest metropolitan areas?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 741-748, September.
More about this item
KeywordsFrance Mental health geography Innovation diffusion Location Therapeutic settings History of medicine Psychiatric care Asylum;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:12:p:2117-2129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .