Health disparities in Canada today: Some evidence and a theoretical framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mackenbach, J. P., 1992. "Socio-economic health differences in the Netherlands: A review of recent empirical findings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 213-226, February.
- Boardman, Jason D, 2004. "Stress and physical health: the role of neighborhoods as mediating and moderating mechanisms," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 2473-2483, June.
- Pampalon, Robert & Duncan, Craig & Subramanian, S.V & Jones, Kelvyn, 1999. "Geographies of health perception in Québec: a multilevel perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(10), pages 1483-1490, May.
- Frohlich, Katherine L. & Potvin, Louise & Chabot, Patrick & Corin, Ellen, 2002. "A theoretical and empirical analysis of context: : neighbourhoods, smoking and youth," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(9), pages 1401-1417, May.
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1999. "Smoking and deprivation: are there neighbourhood effects?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 497-505, February.
- Moss, Nancy E., 2002. "Gender equity and socioeconomic inequality: a framework for the patterning of women's health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 649-661, March.
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1998. "Context, composition and heterogeneity: Using multilevel models in health research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 97-117, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:6:892-893_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:7:1074-1080_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Macintyre, Sally, 1997. "The black report and beyond what are the issues?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 723-745, March.
- Wood, Evan & Chan, Keith & Montaner, Julio S. G. & Schechter, Martin T. & Tyndall, Mark & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Hogg, Robert S., 2000. "The end of the line: has rapid transit contributed to the spatial diffusion of HIV in one of Canada's largest metropolitan areas?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 741-748, September.
- Ross, Nancy A. & Tremblay, Stéphane & Graham, Katie, 2004. "Neighbourhood influences on health in Montréal, Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 1485-1494, October.
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1996. "Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 817-830, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goodman, Ashley & Fleming, Kim & Markwick, Nicole & Morrison, Tracey & Lagimodiere, Louise & Kerr, Thomas, 2017. "“They treated me like crap and I know it was because I was Native”: The healthcare experiences of Aboriginal peoples living in Vancouver's inner city," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 87-94.
- repec:spr:ijphth:v:63:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00038-017-1028-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacklin, Kristen, 2009. "Diversity within: Deconstructing Aboriginal community health in Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 980-989, March.
- Katherine Frohlich, 2010. "The social determinants of what?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(4), pages 235-236, August.
- Fu, Mengzhu & Exeter, Daniel J. & Anderson, Anneka, 2015. "“So, is that your ‘relative’ or mine?” A political-ecological critique of census-based area deprivation indices," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 27-36.
- Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Mitnitski, Arnold & Rockwood, Kenneth, 2016. "Socioeconomic gradient in health in Canada: Is the gap widening or narrowing?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(9), pages 1040-1050.
- Murray Rudd, 2011. "An Exploratory Analysis of Societal Preferences for Research-Driven Quality of Life Improvements in Canada," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 127-153, March.
- Phillips, Kaye & Müller-Clemm, Werner & Ysselstein, Margaretha & Sachs, Jonathan, 2013. "Evaluating health inequity interventions: Applying a contextual (external) validity framework to programs funded by the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 198-203.
- Burhan Can Karahasan & Firat Bilgel, 2017. "Access to Healthcare, Utilization and Health Outcomes in Turkey," Working Papers 1089, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 2017.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:79:y:2006:i:2-3:p:132-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.