Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Prior, Lindsay & Wood, Fiona & Lewis, Glyn & Pill, Roisin, 2003. "Stigma revisited, disclosure of emotional problems in primary care consultations in Wales," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2191-2200, May.
- Yang, Lawrence Hsin & Kleinman, Arthur & Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo C. & Lee, Sing & Good, Byron, 2007. "Culture and stigma: Adding moral experience to stigma theory," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 1524-1535, April.
- Mak, Winnie W.S. & Poon, Cecilia Y.M. & Pun, Loraine Y.K. & Cheung, Shu Fai, 2007. "Meta-analysis of stigma and mental health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 245-261, July.
- Link, Bruce & Castille, Dorothy M. & Stuber, Jennifer, 2008. "Stigma and coercion in the context of outpatient treatment for people with mental illnesses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 409-419, August.
- Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter, 2003. "HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 13-24, July.
- Collins, Pamela Y. & von Unger, Hella & Armbrister, Adria, 2008. "Church ladies, good girls, and locas: Stigma and the intersection of gender, ethnicity, mental illness, and sexuality in relation to HIV risk," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 389-397, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:197:y:2018:i:c:p:183-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:rpsyxx:v:6:y:2014:i:1:p:50-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trani, Jean-Francois & Ballard, Ellis & Peña, Juan B., 2016. "Stigma of persons with disabilities in Afghanistan: Examining the pathways from stereotyping to mental distress," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 258-265.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:181:y:2017:i:c:p:177-183 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koschorke, Mirja & Padmavati, R. & Kumar, Shuba & Cohen, Alex & Weiss, Helen A. & Chatterjee, Sudipto & Pereira, Jesina & Naik, Smita & John, Sujit & Dabholkar, Hamid & Balaji, Madhumitha & Chavan, An, 2014. "Experiences of stigma and discrimination of people with schizophrenia in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 149-159.
- Bharadwaj, Prashant & Pai, Mallesh M. & Suziedelyte, Agne, 2017. "Mental health stigma," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 57-60.
- Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Rudnick, Abraham & Slade, Mike, 2012. "Determinants, self-management strategies and interventions for hope in people with mental disorders: Systematic search and narrative review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 554-564.
- Easter, Michele M., 2012. "“Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1408-1416.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:218-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:socmed:v:201:y:2018:i:c:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kvaale, Erlend P. & Gottdiener, William H. & Haslam, Nick, 2013. "Biogenetic explanations and stigma: A meta-analytic review of associations among laypeople," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 95-103.
- Chen, Haide & Fang, Xiaoyi & Liu, Chaoying & Hu, Wei & Lan, Jing & Deng, Linyuan, 2014. "Associations among the number of mental health problems, stigma, and seeking help from psychological services: A path analysis model among Chinese adolescents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 356-362.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:209-215 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsStigma Mental illness Meta-analysis Systematic review;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:12:p:2150-2161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.