The natural, the normal and the normative: Contested terrains in ageing and old age
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hunter, David J., 2009. "The case against choice and competition," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 489-501, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pickersgill, Martyn & Broer, Tineke & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Deary, Ian, 2017. "Prudence, pleasure, and cognitive ageing: Configurations of the uses and users of brain training games within UK media, 2005–2015," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 93-100.
- Llewellyn, Henry & Low, Joe & Smith, Glenn & Hopkins, Katherine & Burns, Aine & Jones, Louise, 2014. "Narratives of continuity among older people with late stage chronic kidney disease who decline dialysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 49-56.
- Lowton, Karen & Hiley, Chris & Higgs, Paul, 2017. "Constructing embodied identity in a ‘new’ ageing population: A qualitative study of the pioneer cohort of childhood liver transplant recipients in the UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 1-9.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cooper, Zack & Gibbons, Stephen & Jones, Simon & McGuire, Alistair, 2010.
"Does hospital competition improve efficiency? An analysis of the recent market-based reforms to the English NHS,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
28578, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Steve Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010. "Does Hospital Competition Improve Efficiency? An Analysis of the Recent Market-Based Reforms to the English NHS," CEP Discussion Papers dp0988, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- OHE Commission, 2012. "Report of the Office of Health Economics Commission on Competition in the NHS," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000168, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgeing Old age The body Second modernity Normativity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:8:p:1513-1519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.