Are local health department expenditures related to racial disparities in mortality?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:1:91-95_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harrell W. Chesson & Paul Harrison & Carol R. Scotton & Beena Varghese, 2005. "Does Funding for HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention Matter?," Evaluation Review, , vol. 29(1), pages 3-23, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:6:893-898_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, R.G. & Stoddart, G.L., 1990. "Producing Health, Consuming Health Care," Centre for Health Services and Policy Research 90:13r, University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research..
- R Evans & G Stoddart, 1990. "Producing Health, Consuming Health Care," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1990-06, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus.
- Joseph P. Newhouse & Lindy J. Friedlander, 1980. "The Relationship between Medical Resources and Measures of Health: Some Additional Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 200-218.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.142422_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1309-1323.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:1:99-104_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chesson, Harrell & Owusu-Edusei Jr., Kwame, 2008. "Examining the impact of federally-funded syphilis elimination activities in the USA," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 2059-2062.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:7:1074-1080_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Robert G. & Stoddart, Gregory L., 1990. "Producing health, consuming health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1347-1363.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brown, Timothy Tyler, 2014. "How effective are public health departments at preventing mortality?," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 34-45.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:23:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11294-017-9631-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLocal health departments Public health expenditures Mortality disparities Race and ethnicity Public health systems research Health inequalities USA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:12:p:2057-2065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .