Are local health department expenditures related to racial disparities in mortality?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:1:91-95_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harrell W. Chesson & Paul Harrison & Carol R. Scotton & Beena Varghese, 2005. "Does Funding for HIV and Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention Matter?," Evaluation Review, , vol. 29(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, April.
- Joseph P. Newhouse & Lindy J. Friedlander, 1980. "The Relationship between Medical Resources and Measures of Health: Some Additional Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 200-218.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.142422_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:6:893-898_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:1:99-104_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chesson, Harrell & Owusu-Edusei Jr., Kwame, 2008. "Examining the impact of federally-funded syphilis elimination activities in the USA," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2059-2062, December.
- Evans, R.G. & Stoddart, G.L., 1990. "Producing Health, Consuming Health Care," Centre for Health Services and Policy Research 90:13r, University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research..
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:7:1074-1080_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Robert G. & Stoddart, Gregory L., 1990. "Producing health, consuming health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1347-1363, January.
- R Evans & G Stoddart, 1990. "Producing Health, Consuming Health Care," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1990-06, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brown, Timothy Tyler, 2014. "How effective are public health departments at preventing mortality?," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 34-45.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:23:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11294-017-9631-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLocal health departments Public health expenditures Mortality disparities Race and ethnicity Public health systems research Health inequalities USA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:12:p:2057-2065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.