Social capital and self-rated health in Colombia: The good, the bad and the ugly
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Akçomak, I. Semih & ter Weel, Bas, 2009.
"Social capital, innovation and growth: Evidence from Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 544-567, July.
- Akcomak, Semih & ter Weel, Bas, 2006. "Social Capital, Innovation and Growth: Evidence from Europe," MERIT Working Papers 040, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Akçomak, I. Semih & ter Weel, Bas, 2008. "Social Capital, Innovation and Growth: Evidence from Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 3341, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2009. "Social capital as social networks: A new framework for measurement and an empirical analysis of its determinants and consequences," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 429-442, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2007.114777_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mansyur, Carol & Amick, Benjamin C. & Harrist, Ronald B. & Franzini, Luisa, 2008. "Social capital, income inequality, and self-rated health in 45 countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Bailis, Daniel S. & Segall, Alexander & Chipperfield, Judith G., 2003. "Two views of self-rated general health status," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 203-217, January.
- Abadia, Cesar Ernesto & Oviedo, Diana G., 2009. "Bureaucratic Itineraries in Colombia. A theoretical and methodological tool to assess managed-care health care systems," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1153-1160, March.
- Li, Baibing & Martin, Elaine B. & Morris, A. Julian, 2002. "On principal component analysis in L1," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 471-474, September.
- Brune, Nancy E. & Bossert, Thomas, 2009. "Building social capital in post-conflict communities: Evidence from Nicaragua," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 885-893, March.
- Harpham, Trudy & Grant, Emma & Rodriguez, Carlos, 2004. "Mental health and social capital in Cali, Colombia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(11), pages 2267-2277, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio, 2014. "Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 47-58.
- Xindong Xue & W. Robert Reed, 2015.
"The Relationship Between Social Capital And Health In China,"
Working Papers in Economics
15/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Xue, Xindong & Mo, Erxiao & Reed, W. Robert, 2016. "The relationship between social capital and health in China," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Xindong Xue & Marshall Mo & W. Robert Reed, 2016. "The Relationship between Social Capital and Health in China," Working Papers in Economics 16/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Damiano, Fiorillo & Lubrano Lavadera, Giuseppe & Nappo, Nunzia, 2017. "Individual heterogeneity in the association between social participation and self-rated health. A panel study on BHPS," MPRA Paper 78933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J. & Schuster-Wallace, Corinne J. & Karanja, Diana M. & Bernard, Abudho, 2014. "Social capital, collective action and access to water in rural Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 147-154.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:187:y:2017:i:c:p:118-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lorenzo Rocco & Elena Fumagalli & Marc Suhrcke, 2014.
"From Social Capital To Health – And Back,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 586-605, May.
- L. Rocco & F. Elena & M. Suhrcke, 2011. "From social capital to health - and back," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/21, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Favara,Marta, 2012. "United we stand divided we fall : maternal social participation and children's nutritional status in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6264, The World Bank.
- Flores, Elaine C. & Carnero, Andres M. & Bayer, Angela M., 2014. "Social capital and chronic post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of the 2007 earthquake in Pisco, Peru," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 9-17.
- Liu, Gordon G. & Xue, Xindong & Yu, Chenxi & Wang, Yafeng, 2016. "How does social capital matter to the health status of older adults? Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 177-189.
- Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira, 2015. "Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 95-104.
- Smith, Nathan Daniel Lucia & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2014. "State-level social capital and suicide mortality in the 50 U.S. states," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 269-277.
- Perreira, Krista M. & Telles, Edward E., 2014. "The color of health: Skin color, ethnoracial classification, and discrimination in the health of Latin Americans," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 241-250.
- Zarychta, Alan, 2015. "Community trust and household health: A spatially-based approach with evidence from rural Honduras," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 85-94.
- repec:gig:joupla:v:7:y:2015:i:1:p:3-44 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital Cognitive social capital Structural social capital Colombia Self-rated health Civil society Human rights;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:4:p:584-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .