World health inequality: Convergence, divergence, and development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lant Pritchett & Lawrence H. Summers, 1996. "Wealthier is Healthier," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(4), pages 841-868.
- Brian Goesling & Glenn Firebaugh, 2004. "The Trend in International Health Inequality," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 30(1), pages 131-146.
- Chris Wilson, 2001. "On the Scale of Global Demographic Convergence 1950-2000," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 27(1), pages 155-171.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2003. "Beyond income: convergence in living standards, big time," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 275-296, September.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Ce Shen & John Williamson, 2001. "Accounting for Cross-National Differences in Infant Mortality Decline (1965–1991) among less Developed Countries: Effects of Women's Status, Economic Dependency, and State Strength," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 257-288, March.
- Babones, Salvatore J., 2008. "Income inequality and population health: Correlation and causality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 1614-1626, April.
- Eric Neumayer, 2004. "HIV/AIDS and Cross-National Convergence in Life Expectancy," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 30(4), pages 727-742.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Development Indicators 2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4373.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice Asongu & Ivo Leke, 2017.
"External Flows and Inclusive Human Development in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
17/058, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Leke, Ivo, 2017. "External Flows and Inclusive Human Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 85485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bousmah, Marwân-al-Qays & Ventelou, Bruno & Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad, 2016.
"Medicine and democracy: The importance of institutional quality in the relationship between health expenditure and health outcomes in the MENA region,"
Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 928-935.
- Marwân-Al-Qays Bousmah & Bruno Ventelou & Mohammad Abu-Zaineh, 2016. "Medicine and democracy: The importance of institutional quality in the relationship between health expenditure and health outcomes in the MENA region," Post-Print hal-01440296, HAL.
- Sweidan, Osama D. & Alwaked, Ahmed A., 2016. "Economic development and the energy intensity of human well-being: Evidence from the GCC countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1363-1369.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Loesse Jacques Esso & Héctor Pifarré i Arolas, 2012.
"Mortality Convergence Across High-Income Countries: An Econometric Approach,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
12076, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Loesse Jacques Esso & Héctor Pifarré I Arolas, 2012. "Mortality Convergence Across High-Income Countries : An Econometric Approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00755682, HAL.
- José Villaverde & Adolfo Maza & María Hierro, 2014. "Health care expenditure disparities in the European Union and underlying factors: a distribution dynamics approach," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 251-268, September.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2016.
"Rational Asymmetric Development, Piketty and Poverty in Africa,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 13(2), pages 221-246, December.
- Asongu, Simplice & Nwachukwu, Jacinta, 2016. "Rational Asymmetric Development, Piketty and Poverty in Africa," MPRA Paper 76586, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2016.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2016. "Rational Asymmetric Development, Piketty and Poverty in Africa," Working Papers 16/040, African Governance and Development Institute..
- repec:spr:eurpop:v:33:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10680-017-9451-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srinivas, Goli, 2014. "Demographic convergence and its linkage with health inequalities in India," MPRA Paper 79823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Dec 2014.
- Laia Maynou & Marc Saez & Jordi Bacaria & Guillem Lopez-Casasnovas, 2015. "Health inequalities in the European Union: an empirical analysis of the dynamics of regional differences," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(5), pages 543-559, June.
- Brandt, Martina & Deindl, Christian & Hank, Karsten, 2012. "Tracing the origins of successful aging: The role of childhood conditions and social inequality in explaining later life health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(9), pages 1418-1425.
- Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J., 2015. "An information theory based framework for the measurement of population health," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 86-103.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Elliott Green, 2013. "Urbanization and Mortality Decline," Working Papers 46, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Jorgenson, Andrew K. & Alekseyko, Alina & Giedraitis, Vincentas, 2014. "Energy consumption, human well-being and economic development in central and eastern European nations: A cautionary tale of sustainability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 419-427.
- Simplice Asongu, 2015.
"Rational Asymmetric Development, Piketty and the Spirit of Poverty in Africa,"
15/006, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice, 2015. "Rational Asymmetric Development, Piketty and the Spirit of Poverty in Africa," MPRA Paper 67301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu, 2014. "African Development: Beyond Income Convergence," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(3), pages 334-353, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-national Development Health inequality Life expectancy Infant mortality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:4:p:617-624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.