Social Science & Medicine
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 687-698 Socioeconomic and spatial differentials in mortality and means of committing suicide in New South Wales, Australia, 1985-1991
by Burnley, I. H.
- 699-716 Aids and injecting drug use in the United Kingdom, 1987-1993: The policy response and the prevention of the epidemic
by Stimson, Gerry V.
- 717-723 Psychosocial work characteristics and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young adults: The CARDIA study
by Greenlund, Kurt J. & Liu, Kiang & Knox, Sarah & McCreath, Heather & Dyer, Alan R. & Gardin, Julius
- 725-732 Nutrition, maternal responsiveness and mental development of Ethiopian children
by Aboud, Frances E. & Alemu, Tadesse
- 733-738 Short stature as an effect of economic and social conditions in childhood
by Peck, Maria Nyström & Lundberg, Olle
- 739-745 Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents
by Veitch, P. C.
- 747-751 The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries
by Veitch, P. C.
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 453-460 Health care reform in the United States: On the road to nowhere (again)?
by Barer, Morris L. & Marmor, Theodore R. & Morrison, Ellen M.
- 461-473 Cultural studies of biomedicine: An agenda for research
by Good, Mary-Jo Delvecchio
- 475-482 Equity of health care in Australia
by Lairson, David R. & Hindson, Paul & Hauquitz, Alan
- 483-489 The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 491-499 The social and political meaning of the silent epidemic of miners' phthisis, Bendigo 1860-1960
by Kippen, Sandra
- 501-509 Notions and treatment of guinea worm in Northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 511-515 General practitioners' assessment of and interest in alternative medicine in Canada
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Sutherland, Lloyd R.
- 517-525 Powerlessness, health and mortality: A longitudinal study of older men and mature women
by Seeman, Melvin & Lewis, Susan
- 527-536 Maternal activity budgets: Feasibility of exclusive breastfeeding for six months among urban women in Honduras
by Cohen, Roberta J. & Haddix, Kimber & Hurtado, Elena & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 537-545 Activists and delegators: Elderly patients' preferences about control at the end of life
by Kelner, Merrijoy
- 547-556 Predictors of emergency room use by homeless adults in New York City: The influence of predisposing, enabling and need factors
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Struening, Elmer L. & Andrews, Howard & Pittman, John
- 557-568 Attitudes towards people with HIV: Are they as stigmatizing as people with HIV perceive them to be?
by Green, Gill
- 569-577 Family planning practices and attitudes among former Soviet new immigrant women in Israel
by Remennick, Larissa I. & Amir, Delila & Elimelech, Yuval & Novikov, Yliya
- 579-594 An assessment of research on breastfeeding promotion strategies in developing countries
by Wilmoth, Teresa A. & Elder, John P.
- 595-596 Letter to the editor
by Akalin, Murat Z. & Maine, Deborah
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 299-302 Understanding the AIDS epidemic and reacting sensibly to it
by Caldwell, John C.
- 303-315 Stigma, HIV and AIDS: An exploration and elaboration of a stigma trajectory
by Alonzo, Angelo A. & Reynolds, Nancy R.
- 317-332 Exploring the iceberg of morbidity: A comparison of different survey methods for assessing the occurrence of everyday illness
by Kooiker, S. E.
- 333-345 U.S. Apartheid and the spread of AIDS to the suburbs: A multi-city analysis of the political economy of spatial epidemic threshold
by Wallace, Rodrick & Wallace, Deborah
- 347-353 Decisional conflict in general practice: Strategies of patient management
by Di Caccavo, Antonietta & Reid, Fraser
- 355-363 Physician participation in Medicaid managed care
by Silverstein, Gail & Kirkman-Liff, Bradford
- 365-374 Determinants of persistent compliance with screening for colorectal cancer
by Neilson, Aileen R. & Whynes, David K.
- 375-381 Nemawashi essential for conducting research in Japan
by Fetters, Michael D.
- 383-393 Potties, pits and pipes: Explaining hygiene behaviour in Burkina Faso
by Curtis, Valerie & Kanki, Bernadette & Mertens, Thierry & Traore, Etienne & Diallo, Ibrahim & Tall, François & Cousens, Simon
- 395-407 Structural relationships between social support and coping
by Mccoll, Mary Ann & Lei, Hau & Skinner, Harvey
- 409-417 AIDS knowledge and risk behaviors among domestic clients of female sex workers in Bali, Indonesia
by Fajans, Peter & Ford, Kathleen & Wirawan, Dewa Nyoman
- 419-424 Socio-economic differences in smoking: Dutch adolescents' beliefs and behaviour
by De Vries, Hein
- 425-431 Socioeconomic equity in finnish hospital care in relation to need
by Keskimäki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 433-436 Acceptability of prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia (SCA) by female patients and parents of SCA patients in Nigeria
by Durosinmi, M. A. & Odebiyi, A. I. & Adediran, I. A. & Akinola, N. O. & Adegorioye, D. E. & Okunade, M. A.
- 437-446 Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence
by Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark
- 451-451 Letter to the editor
by Kleinman, Arthur
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 151-153 General practice 1995--Caught in the fast lane
by Howie, J. G. R.
- 155-161 A pay-for-performance system for civil service doctors: The Indonesian experiment
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Bayulken, Caroline
- 163-171 Health inequalities in early adulthood: A comparison of young men and women in Britain and Finland
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 173-180 'Doing the right thing': The symbolic meanings and experiences of having an HIV antibody test
by Lupton, Deborah & Mccarthy, Sophie & Chapman, Simon
- 181-195 Living with a chronic illness: Chinese-Canadian and Euro-Canadian women with diabetes--Exploring factors that influence management
by Anderson, J. M. & Wiggins, S. & Rajwani, R. & Holbrook, A. & Blue, C. & Ng, M.
- 197-210 Male gender roles and sexuality: Implications for women's AIDS risk and prevention
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 211-225 Bucking the health establishment: Alexander Milne and the fight for a New Zealand hepatitis B immunization program
by Muraskin, William
- 227-233 Maternal smoking among blacks and whites
by Andreski, Patricia & Breslau, Naomi
- 235-248 Lifestyle, health and social class in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Hendry, Leo & Shucksmith, Janet
- 249-260 The significance of belief and expectancy within the spiritual healing encounter
by Wirth, Daniel P.
- 261-266 Unaccompanied status as a risk factor in Vietnamese Amerasians
by Mckelvey, Robert S. & Webb, John A.
- 267-275 The development of a new methodology to assess perceived needs among indigenous Australians
by Perkins, J. J. & Sanson-Fisher, R. W. & Girgis, A. & Blunden, S. & Lunnay, D.
- 277-284 AIDS in Namibia
by Slotten, Ross A.
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-1 120 years old: Why and at what price?
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Bungener, Martine
- 3-11 Geographically-decentralized planning and management in health care: Some informational issues and their implications for efficiency
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John
- 13-24 Contracting out of clinical services in Zimbabwe
by Mcpake, Barbara & Hongoro, Charles
- 25-36 Self-starvation in context: Towards a culturally sensitive understanding of anorexia nervosa
by Lee, Sing
- 37-46 User fees, demand for children's health care and access across income groups: The Philippine case
by Ching, Panfila
- 47-68 Acronyms and effacement: Traditional medical practitioners (TMP) in international health development
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 69-76 Factors affecting couples' adjustment to recurrent breast cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Dorris, Geraldine & Charron-Moore, Carol
- 77-86 Cross cultural communication of tetanus vaccinations in Bolivia
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 87-98 Reconsidering the popularity of primary health centers in India: A case study from rural Maharashtra
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 99-112 Critique of reductionistic models of obsessive-compulsive disorder: Toward a new explanatory paradigm
by Franzblau, Susan H. & Kanadanian, Monique & Rettig, Elizabeth
- 113-121 Abstinence in late adolescence--Antecedents to and covariates of a sober lifestyle and its consequences
by Leifman, H. & Kühlhorn, E. & Allebeck, P. & Andréasson, S. & Romelsjö, A.
- 123-130 Dental anxiety in Danish and Chinese adults--A cross-cultural perspective
by Schwarz, Eli & Birn, Herluf
- 131-140 Casey House: Interpreting the location of a Toronto AIDS hospice
by Chiotti, Quentin P. & Joseph, Alun E.
- 141-144 Primary health care reform in Slovenia: First results
by vab, Igor
- 145-145 Transcultural psychiatry at the German Psychiatric Society: Report on a symposium held in Reichenau
by Lolas, Fernando
June 1995, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Qualitative and quantitative methods: In-depth or rapid assessment?
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1591-1596 Introduction
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 1597-1610 A painful purgatory: Grief and the nicaraguan mothers of the disappeared
by Tully, Sheila R.
- 1611-1621 Ethnomedical interactions: Health and identity on Nicaragua's Atlantic Coast
by Barrett, Bruce
- 1623-1629 Refugee stress and folk belief: Hmong sudden deaths
by Adler, Shelley R.
- 1631-1642 Vietnamese refugees in Victoria, B.C.: An overview of immigrant and refugee health care in a medium-sized Canadian urban centre
by Stephenson, Peter H.
- 1643-1653 Acculturation as a risk factor for chronic disease among Cambodian refugees in the United States
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Pickwell, Sheila M.
- 1655-1661 Medical practice and anthropological bias
by Bolton, Jonathan
- 1663-1669 Public health, epidemiology and war
by Weinberg, Julius & Simmonds, Stephanie
- 1671-1681 Euthanasia: American attitudes toward the physician's role
by Caddell, David P. & Newton, Rae R.
- 1683-1690 Agency and incentives in the NHS internal market
by Propper, Carol
- 1691-1697 Ethical issues in social science research with special reference to sexual behaviour research
by Ringheim, Karin
- 1699-1706 Multidisciplinary rehabilitation versus medical care: A meta-analysis
by Evans, Ron L. & Connis, Richard T. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Haselkorn, Jodie K.
- 1707-1715 Using administrative databases to evaluate the quality of medical care: A conceptual framework
by Wray, Nelda P. & Ashton, Carol M. & Kuykendall, David H. & Hollingsworth, John C.
- 1717-1730 Marital status and health among the elderly
by Goldman, Noreen & Korenman, Sanders & Weinstein, Rachel
- 1731-1739 Recovery of recurrent health service costs through provincial health funds in Cameroon
by Sauerborn, Rainer & Bodart, Claude & Owona Essomba, Rene
June 1995, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 1437-1440 Climate change and vector-borne diseases distribution
by De Casas, Susana Isabel Curto & Carcavallo, Rodolfo U.
- 1441-1441 Introduction
by Mwaria, Cheryl
- 1443-1445 Murphy's contributions to disability studies: An inquiry into ourselves
by Goldin, Carol S. & Scheer, Jessica
- 1447-1459 The process of self-report of impairment in clinical research
by Luborsky, Mark R.
- 1461-1467 Mother father deaf: The heritage of difference
by Preston, Paul
- 1469-1480 Hearing Impaired families: The social ecology of hearing loss
by Mckellin, William H.
- 1481-1489 'The Elephant Man' as 'self' and 'other': The psycho-social costs of a misdiagnosis
by Ablon, Joan
- 1491-1496 Emerging trends in the application of the social sciences to health and medicine
by Mechanic, David
- 1497-1511 Human behavior, health education and schistosomiasis control: A review
by Kloos, Helmut
- 1513-1526 Social support and stressful events in two dimensions: Life events and illness as an event
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Flap, H. D. & Foets, M. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 1527-1537 Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation
by Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E.
- 1539-1547 Factors associated with pregnancy and pregnancy resolution in HIV seropositive women
by Kline, Anna & Strickler, Jennifer & Kempf, Judith
- 1549-1559 Genetic information and life insurance: A proposal for an ethical European policy
by Sandberg, Per
- 1561-1572 Race, religious involvement and depressive symptomatology in a southeastern U.S. community
by Ellison, Christopher G.
- 1573-1577 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1579-1584 Life fulfilment in an epilepsy sample from the United States
by Collings, John A.
May 1995, Volume 40, Issue 10
- 1-30 The effect of a national control of diarrheal diseases program on mortality: The case of Egypt
by Miller, Peter & Hirschhorn, Norbert
- 1319-1330 The social course of epilepsy: Chronic illness as social experience in interior China
by Kleinman, Arthur & Wang, Wen-Zhi & Li, Shi-Chuo & Cheng, Xue-Ming & Dai, Xiu-Ying & Li, Kun-Tun & Kleinman, Joan
- 1331-1355 Paradise lost: An introduction to the geography of water pollution in Puerto Rico
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1357-1363 A longitudinal examination of the cherniss model of psychological burnout
by Burke, Ronald J. & Greenglass, Esther R.
- 1365-1370 Dealing with uncertainty: Will science solve the problems of resource allocation in the U.K. NHS?
by Freemantle, Nick
- 1371-1383 Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants
by Brockerhoff, Martin
- 1385-1398 The validity of using health state indexes in measuring the consequences of traffic injury for public health
by Elvik, Rune
- 1399-1406 The influence of socioeconomic status on change in health status after hospitalization
by Guadagnoli, Edward & Cleary, Paul D. & Mcneil, Barbara J.
- 1407-1415 The effects of caring on health: A community-based longitudinal study
by Taylor, Rex & Ford, Graeme & Dunbar, Martin
- 1417-1423 Menstrual cycle symptom reporting in three British ethnic groups
by Van Den Akker, O. B. A. & Eves, F. F. & Service, S. & Lennon, B.
- 1425-1432 Health, just world beliefs and coping style preferences in patients of complementary and orthodox medicine
by Furnham, Adrian & Beard, Rachael
- 1433-1434 The patient's charter: A survey of hospital out-patients views of their rights and ability to exercise them
by Tailor, H. & Mayberry, J. F.
May 1995, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1167-1168 The plague in India, 1994
by Madan, T. N.
- 1169-1179 Improving human welfare through appropriate technology: Government responsibility, citizen duty or customer choice
by Bell, Morag & Franceys, Richard
- 1181-1192 Equity in health care: Methodological contributions to the analysis of hospital utilization within Canada
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Eyles, John & Birch, Stephen
- 1193-1202 Contracting for palliative care
by Clark, David & Neale, Brenda & Heather, Pauline
- 1203-1212 An economic evaluation of alternative programme designs for tuberculosis control in rural Uganda
by Saunderson, Paul R.
- 1213-1220 Telling donor insemination offspring about their conception: The nature of couples' decision-making
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M. & Gillett, Wayne
- 1221-1229 The measurement of social support in the 'European research on incapacitating diseases and social support': The development of the Social Support Questionnaire for Transactions (SSQT)
by Suurmeijer, Theo P. B. M. & Doeglas, Dirk M. & Briançon, Serge & Krijnen, Wim P. & Krol, Boudien & Sanderman, Robbert & Moum, Torbjørn & Bjelle, Anders & Van Den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 1231-1242 The effect of social change on causal beliefs of mental disorders and treatment preferences in Ghana
by Ofori-Atta, A. M. Lamensdorf & Linden, W.
- 1243-1257 Making the biopolitical subject: Cambodian immigrants, refugee medicine and cultural citizenship in California
by Ong, Aihwa
- 1259-1269 Sex differences in infant and child mortality in three provinces in China
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 1271-1277 Child malaria treatment practices among mothers in Kenya
by Mwenesi, Halima & Harpham, Trudy & Snow, Robert W.
- 1279-1289 Responding to cough: Boholano illness classification and resort to care in response to childhood ARI
by McNee, Andrew & Khan, Neelam & Dawson, Susan & Gunsalam, Joachim & Tallo, Veronica L. & Manderson, Lenore & Riley, Ian
- 1291-1298 Explanatory models of mental illness in sub-Saharan Africa
by Patel, Vikram
- 1299-1304 Reactions to repeated STD infections: Psychosocial aspects and gender issues in Zimbabwe
by Pitts, Marian & Bowman, Margaret & McMaster, John
- 1305-1311 Social inequalities and health among children aged 10-11 in The Netherlands: Causes and consequences
by van der Lucht, Fons & Groothoff, Johan
- 1315-1316 On the social sciences and preventive medicine
by Radovanovic, Zoran
April 1995, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1017-1019 A plea for ignoring race and including insured status in American research reports on social science and medicine
by Bagley, Christopher
- 1021-1028 The measurement of meaning in illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 1029-1040 Women's orientation toward help-seeking for mental disorders
by Fosu, Gabriel B.
- 1041-1052 Plan de paiement anticipe des soins de sante de Bwamanda (Zaire) comment a-t-il ete mis en place?
by Ilunga, Tshinko B. & Contandriopoulos, Andre-Pierre & Fournier, Pierre
- 1053-1071 Empowerment and the psychiatric consumer/ex-patient movement in the United States: Contradictions, crisis and change
by McLean, Athena
- 1073-1082 Psychological responses to war and atrocity: The limitations of current concepts
by Bracken, Patrick J. & Giller, Joan E. & Summerfield, Derek
- 1083-1089 Psychological distress, social support and social support seeking: A prospective study among primary mental health care patients
by Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth H. M. & Diekstra, RenéF. W. & Verschuur, Margot
- 1091-1098 Decentralization of health services in Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea: An attempt to administer health service at the subdistrict level
by Campos-Outcalt, Doug & Kewa, Kelly & Thomason, Jane
- 1099-1108 Psychosocial adaptation to disability and its investigation among persons with multiple sclerosis
by Antonak, Richard F. & Livneh, Hanoch
- 1109-1116 Usefulness of a nondashexperimental study design in the evaluation of service developments for infant feeding in a general hospital
by Bruce, Nigel & Griffioen, Anja
- 1117-1125 Improving skills and utilization of Community Health Volunteers in Nepal
by Curtale, Filippo & Siwakoti, Bhola & Lagrosa, Cecilia & LaRaja, Massimo & Guerra, Ranieri
- 1127-1132 Attributions for disability: The influence of genetic screening
by Marteau, Theresa M. & Drake, Harriet
- 1133-1139 The Solomuna Orphanage: A historical survey
by Wolff, Peter H. & Dawit, Yemani & Zere, Berhane
- 1141-1153 Home remedies and doctors' remedies in Feira (Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 1155-1160 Predictive factors of enrollment and adherence in a breast cancer screening program in Barcelona (Spain)
by Rodriguez, Carmen & Plasencia, Antoni & Schroeder, Dirk G.
- 1165-1165 In search of a contemporary theory for understanding mortality change
by Bulterys, Marc
April 1995, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 869-872 Overcoming ethnocentrism: How social science and medicine relate and should relate to one another
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 873-879 The effect of third-party payers on the clinical decision making of physical therapists
by Uili, Robin Moremen & Wood, Rosemary
- 881-894 Adolescent Psychiatry as a product of contemporary Anglo-American society
by Fabrega, Horacio & Miller, Barbara
- 895-901 An economic analysis of the resettlement of people with mild learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
by Dockrell, Julie E. & Gaskell, George D. & Normand, Charles & Rehman, Hamid
- 903-918 Doctor-patient communication: A review of the literature
by Ong, L. M. L. & de Haes, J. C. J. M. & Hoos, A. M. & Lammes, F. B.
- 919-930 A prepayment scheme for hospital care in the Masisi district in Zaire: A critical evaluation
by Noterman, Jean-Pierre & Criel, Bart & Kegels, Guy & Isu, Katulanya
- 931-943 Transforming AIDS prevention to meet women's needs: A focus on developing countries
by Heise, Lori L. & Elias, Christopher
- 945-953 'A bothersome death'--Narrative accounts of infant mortality in Cape Town, South Africa
by Lerer, Leonard B. & Butchart, Alexander & Blanche, Martin Terre
- 955-960 The psychosocial problems of sickle cell disease sufferers and their methods of coping
by Ohaeri, Jude U. & Shokunbi, Wuraola A. & Akinlade, Kehinde S. & Dare, Lola O.
- 961-975 Occupational life course and lung cancer risk in men. Findings from a socio-epidemiological analysis of job-changing histories in a case-control study
by Jahn, Ingeborg & Becker, Ute & Jöckel, Karl-Heinz & Pohlabeln, Hermann
- 977-988 Talking about the pain: A patient-centered study of low back pain in primary care
by Borkan, Jeffrey & Reis, Shmuel & Hermoni, Doron & Biderman, Aya
- 989-1001 Treatment of childhood diarrhea in rural Egypt
by Langsten, Ray & Hill, Kenneth
- 1003-1012 Under-users of antenatal care: A comparison of non-attenders and late attenders for antenatal care, with early attenders
by McCaw-Binns, Affette & La Grenade, Janet & Ashley, Deanna
- 1015-1015 Letter to the editor
by Morgan, Lynn M. & Browner, Carole
March 1995, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 727-730 Need: The idea won't do--But we still need it
by Culyer, A. J.
- 731-742 An organizational analysis of the World Health Organization: Narrowing the gap between promise and performance
by Peabody, John W.
- 743-753 Quality, cost and utilization of health services in developing countries. A longitudinal study in Zaïre
by Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre
- 755-765 Health care reforms in Russia: The example of St Petersburg
by Curtis, Sarah & Petukhova, Natasha & Taket, Ann
- 767-776 Preferences for outcomes in economic evaluation: An economic approach to addressing economic problems
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 777-787 Ethnicity, social class and health. A population-based study on the influence of social factors on self-reported illness in 223 Latin American refugees, 333 Finnish and 126 South European labour migrants and 841 Swedish controls
by Sundquist, Jan
- 789-797 The partner relationship in psychological response to breast cancer
by Pistrang, Nancy & Barker, Chris
- 799-810 The extent of support for ordinary living provided in staffed housing: The relationship between staffing levels, resident characteristics, staff:resident interactions and resident activity patterns
by Felce, David & Perry, Jonathan
- 811-814 Social support, marital status and living arrangement correlates of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the elderly
by Gliksman, M. D. & Lazarus, R. & Wilson, A. & Leeder, S. R.
- 815-824 The practice of Primary Health Care: A case study
by Walker, Liz
- 825-828 The interaction effect of bereavement and sex on the risk of suicide in the elderly: An historical cohort study
by Li, Guohua
- 829-835 Previous stress and acute psychological defence as predictors of perinatal grief--An exploratory study
by Hunfeld, J. A. M. & Wladimiroff, J. W. & Verhage, F. & Passchier, J.
- 837-846 Relationship of caregiver reactions and depression to cancer patients' symptoms, functional states and depression--A longitudinal view
by Kurtz, Margot E. & Kurtz, J. C. & Given, Charles W. & Given, Barbara
- 847-858 Neurodegenerative diseases and risk factors: A literature review
by Emard, Jean-François & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Gauvreau, Denis
- 859-865 Reports of the experience of epilepsy in a rural South African village
by McQueen, Alison H. & Swartz, Leslie
March 1995, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 577-579 De-institutionalization of psychiatric patients: Progress or abandonment?
by Krupinski, J.
- 581-587 Euthanasia: The role of good care
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 589-595 Dying at the best time
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 597-611 Male and female health problems in general practice: The differential impact of social position and social roles
by Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T. & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van den Bosch, Wil J. H. M. & van den Hoogen, Henk J. M.
- 613-621 From headloading to the iron horse: The unequal health consequences of railway construction and expansion in the Gold Coast, 1898-1929
by Tsey, Komla & Short, Stephanie D.
- 623-628 Maternal factors and child's health care use
by Watson, Jennifer M. & Kemper, Kathi J.
- 629-638 Lifecourse and lifestyle: The social and cultural location of health behaviours
by Backett, Kathryn C. & Davison, Charlie
- 639-647 How do economic status and social support influence survival after initial recovery from acute myocardial infarction?
by Greenwood, Darren & Packham, Christopher & Muir, Kenneth & Madeley, Richard
- 649-656 Concepts of disability: The activity space model
by Kopec, Jacek A.
- 657-667 Situation analyses of emergency obstetric care: Examples from eleven operations research projects in West Africa
by The Prevention of Maternal Mortality Network
- 669-678 Does affordability affect mental health utilization? A United States-Israel comparison of older adults
by Feinson, Marjorie Chary & Popper, Miriam
- 679-693 Child fostering and children's nutritional outcomes in rural Mali: The role of female status in directing child transfers
by Castle, Sarah E.
- 695-710 Management and health care reform in sub-Saharan Africa
by Gilson, Lucy
- 711-718 Prediction of attitudes towards restrictive aids policies: A structural equation modelling approach
by Kraft, Pål & Rise, Jostein
- 719-721 Explaining regional differences in suicide rates
by Lester, David
February 1995, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 419-424 Incentives can lower the incidence of HIV/AIDS in Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 425-429 Introduction
by Peeters, Ruud & Silva, Tudor & Lewis, Judy
- 431-436 Protective measure use and symptoms among agropesticide applicators in Sri Lanka
by Sivayoganathan, C. & Gnanachandran, S. & Lewis, J. & Fernando, M.
- 437-442 Health and social status of an elderly urban population in Sri Lanka
by Nugegoda, D. B. & Balasuriya, S.
- 443-449 First trimester feeding in a rural Sri Lankan population
by Wijekoon, Ananda S. B. & Thattil, Raphael O. & Schensul, Stephen L.
- 451-457 Heart specialists' art of care
by Specight, Joan D. & Blixt, Sonya L.
- 459-468 Researching public health: Behind the qualitative-quantitative methodological debate
by Baum, Frances
- 469-477 Heavy users of emergency services: Social construction of a policy problem
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 479-490 Quality of life of 125 adults surviving 6-18 years after bone marrow transplantation
by Bush, Nigel E. & Haberman, Mel & Donaldson, Gary & Sullivan, Keith M.
- 491-502 Why do women report 'sick building symptoms' more often than men?
by Stenberg, Berndt & Wall, Stig
- 503-515 The experience of an AIDS prevention program focused on South African traditional healers
by Green, Edward C. & Zokwe, Bongi & Dupree, John David
- 517-528 A problem solving intervention for caregivers of cancer patients
by Toseland, Ronald W. & Blanchard, Christina G. & McCallion, Philip
- 529-535 The strategy of risk approach in antenatal care: Evaluation of the referral compliance
by Dujardin, B. & Clarysse, G. & Criel, B. & De Brouwere, V. & Wangata, N.
- 537-543 Appearance-based information about coping with pain: Valid or biased?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas & Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Craig, Kenneth D.