Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
April 1997, Volume 44, Issue 7
- 925-934 Duration of general practice consultations: Association with patient occupational and educational status
by Wiggers, John H. & Sanson-Fisher, Rob
- 935-947 The hierarchical diffusion of AIDS and violent crime among U.S. metropolitan regions: Inner-city decay, stochastic resonance and reversal of the mortality transition
by Wallace, Rodrick & Huang, Yi-Shan & Gould, Peter & Wallace, Deborah
- 949-968 Spatial patterns of human water contact and Schistosoma mansoni transmission and infection in four rural areas in Machakos District, Kenya
by Kloos, H. & Fulford, A. J. C. & Butterworth, A. E. & Sturrock, R. F. & Ouma, J. H. & Kariuki, H. C. & Thiongo, F. W. & Dalton, P. R. & Klumpp, R. K.
- 969-976 The accuracy of self-reported Pap smear utilisation
by Bowman, Jennifer Ann & Sanson-Fisher, Rob & Redman, Sally
- 977-987 Clinical guidelines and the fate of medical autonomy in Ontario
by Rappolt, Susan G.
- 989-1002 What explains rural-urban differentials in child mortality in Brazil?
by Sastry, Narayan
- 1003-1016 The role of access in explaining state abortion rates
by Gober, Patricia
- 1017-1022 Doctors' perceptions of the links between stress and lowered clinical care
by Firth-Cozens, Jenny & Greenhalgh, Joanne
- 1023-1042 Effects of socioeconomic disadvantage and women's status on women's health in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 1043-1049 Cardiac disease construction on the borderland
by Daly, Jeanne & Mcdonald, Ian
- 1051-1063 Integration lay and nurse-midwifery into the U.S. and Canadian health care systems
by Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn & Fynes, Mary
- 1065-1068 Potential use of traditional fermented foods for weaning in Zimbabwe
by Simango, Clifford
- 1069-1071 Integrating behavioral and social sciences research at the National Institutes of Health, U.S.A
by Anderson, Norman B.
- 1073-1076 Sectoral investment in health: Prescription or principles?
by Cassels, Andrew & Janovsky, Katja
March 1997, Volume 44, Issue 6
- 721-722 Introduction
by Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 723-745 The black report and beyond what are the issues?
by Macintyre, Sally
- 747-756 Whose fault is it? People's own conceptions of the reasons for health inequalities
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 757-771 Measuring the magnitude of socio-economic inequalities in health: An overview of available measures illustrated with two examples from Europe
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kunst, Anton E.
- 773-787 Comparing inequalities in women's and men's health: Britain in the 1990s
by Arber, Sara
- 789-799 Changes in the social patterning of health? The case of Finland 1986-1994
by Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi & Huuhka, Minna
- 801-808 Health expectancy by level of education in Finland
by Valkonen, Tapani & Sihvonen, Ari-Pekka & Lahelma, Eero
- 809-819 Why do poor people behave poorly? Variation in adult health behaviours and psychosocial characteristics by stages of the socioeconomic lifecourse
by Lynch, J. W. & Kaplan, G. A. & Salonen, J. T.
- 821-831 Childhood conditions, sense of coherence, social class and adult ill health: Exploring their theoretical and empirical relations
by Lundberg, Olle
- 833-858 Health inequalities in the early years: Is there equalisation in youth?
by West, Patrick
- 859-869 Health inequalities in the life course perspective
by Wadsworth, M. E. J.
- 871-881 Health inequalities in later life in a social democratic welfare state
by Dahl, Espen & Birkelund, Gunn Elisabeth
- 883-899 The integration of two health systems: Social stratification, work and health in East and West Germany
by Lüschen, Günther & Niemann, Steffen & Apelt, Peter
- 901-910 Social inequalities in health: Next questions and converging evidence
by Marmot, Michael & Ryff, Carol D. & Bumpass, Larry L. & Shipley, Martin & Marks, Nadine F.
March 1997, Volume 44, Issue 5
- 553-559 Beliefs on coping with illness: A consumer's perspective
by De Ridder, Denise & Depla, Marja & Severens, Peter & Malsch, Marijke
- 561-571 Shattered assumptions: Time and the experience of long-term HIV positivity
by Davies, Michele L.
- 573-577 Effects of a randomized health education intervention on aspects of peproductive health knowledge and reported behaviour among adolescents in Zimbabwe
by Mbizvo, M. T. & Kasule, J. & Gupta, V. & Rusakaniko, S. & Kinoti, S. N. & Mpanju-Shumbushu, W. & Sebina-Zziwa, A. J. & Mwateba, R. & Padayachy, J.
- 579-587 Identity, ideology and inequality: Methodologies in medical anthropology, Guatemala 1950-1995
by Barrett, Bruce
- 589-599 "Ruling in" and "ruling out": Two approaches to the micro-rationing of health care
by Hughes, David & Griffiths, Lesley
- 601-608 Conceptualizing oral health and oral health-related quality of life
by Gift, Helen C. & Atchison, Kathryn A. & Dayton, C. Mitchell
- 609-621 Refocusing the lens: Epidemiologic transition theory, mortality differentials, and the AIDS pandemic
by Gaylin, Daniel S. & Kates, Jennifer
- 623-633 Prior hospitalization and age as predictors of mental health resource utilization in Israel
by Ginsberg, Gary & Lerner, Yakov & Mark, Mordechai & Popper, Miriam
- 635-645 "Popular" health and the state: Dialectics of the peace process in El Salvador
by Smith-Nonini, Sandy
- 647-656 The role of decision analysis in informed consent: Choosing between intuition and systematicity
by Ubel, P. A. & Loewenstein, G.
- 657-671 Disease ecology and a reformist alternative: The case of infant mortality
by Gesler, Wilbert M. & Bird, Sheryl Thorburn & Oljeski, Stephen A.
- 673-680 Information sharing in semen donation: The views of donors
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M. & Curson, Ruth
- 681-692 Shared decision-making in the medical encounter: What does it mean? (or it takes at least two to tango)
by Charles, Cathy & Gafni, Amiram & Whelan, Tim
- 693-697 Long-term care experience in Saudi Arabia
by Al-Shammari, Sulaiman & Jarallah, Jamal S. & Felimban, Ferial
- 699-707 Does "process utility" exist? A case study of willingness to pay for laparoscopic cholecystectomy
by Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 709-715 Excess female mortality in rural Somalia--Is inequality in the household a risk factor?
by Aden, A. S. & Omar, M. M. & Omar, H. M. & Högberg, U. & Persson, L. Å. & Wall, S.
February 1997, Volume 44, Issue 4
- 431-439 The narrative of AIDS among the Tonga of Zambia
by Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard
- 441-454 STDs in women attending family planning clinics: A case study in Addis Ababa
by Duncan, M. Elizabeth & Tibaux, Gerard & Kloos, Helmut & Pelzer, Andrée & Mehari, Letebirhan & Perine, Peter L. & Peutherer, John & Young, Hugh & Jamil, Yasmin & Darougar, Sohrab & Lind, Inga & Reimann, Karin & Piot, Peter & Roggen, Erwin
- 455-468 HIV prevention among Zambian adolescents: Developing a value utilization/norm change model
by Feldman, Douglas A. & O'Hara, Peggy & Baboo, K. S. & Chitalu, N-i W. & Lu, Ying
- 469-477 HIV testing history among gay/bisexual men recruited in Barcelona: Evidence of high levels of risk behavior among self-reported HIV+ men
by Wang, Jen & Rodés, Anna & Blanch, Carles & Casabona, Jordi
- 479-489 The (dis)embodied self in anorexia nervosa
by Lester, Rebecca J.
- 491-502 How lay is lay? Chinese students' perceptions of anorexia nervosa in Hong Kong
by Lee, Sing
- 503-517 Reperes pour une modélisation systemique des programmes de sante : Approach for a systemic modelling of health programmes
by Fontaine, Denis
- 519-526 The communication atmosphere between physician colleagues: Competitive perfectionism or supportive dialogue? A Norwegian study
by Akre, Victoria & Falkum, Erik & Hoftvedt, Bjørn O. & Aasland, Olaf G.
- 527-534 Does organization matter? A multilevel analysis of the demand-control model applied to human services
by Söderfeldt, Björn & Söderfeldt, Marie & Jones, Kelvyn & O'Campo, Patricia & Muntaner, Carles & Ohlson, Carl-Göran & Warg, Lars-Erik
- 535-539 Efficacy of the Tibetan treatment for arthritis
by Ryan, Mary
- 541-548 Physician vs patient initiation of psychotropic prescribing in primary care settings: A content analysis of audiotapes
by Sleath, Betsy & Svarstad, Bonnie & Roter, Debra
February 1997, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 279-289 Factors affecting the most recent fertility rates in urban-rural Bangladesh
by Khan, H. T. Abdullah & Raeside, Robert
- 291-300 The children's sentinels: Mothers and their relationships with health professionals in the context of Japanese health care
by Saiki-Craighill, Shigeko
- 301-315 The ellipsis of prognosis in modern medical thought
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 317-325 Perceived social support, family environment and psychosocial recovery in bone marrow transplant long-term survivors
by Molassiotis, A. & Van Den Akker, O. B. A. & Boughton, B. J.
- 327-336 Past or present? Childhood living conditions and current socioeconomic status as determinants of adult health
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero & Huuhka, Minna
- 337-345 Comportements vis à vis des medicaments et representations de soi chez des personnes agées souffrant de maladies chroniques
by Ankri, Joël & Beaufils, Béatrice & Ledisert, Dominique & Henrard, Jean Claude
- 347-358 Social scientists and the new tuberculosis
by Farmer, Paul
- 359-370 Gender, social pressure, and smoking cessations: The Community Intervention Trial for Smoking Cessation (COMMIT) at baseline
by Royce, Jacqueline M. & Corbett, Kitty & Sorensen, Glorian & Ockene, Judith
- 371-380 Using willingness to pay to value alternative models of antenatal care
by Ryan, Mandy & Ratcliffe, Julie & Tucker, Janet
- 381-392 Female and male physicians' attitudes toward prenatal diagnosis: A Pan-Canadian survey
by Bouchard, Louise & Renaud, Marc
- 393-402 Direct and buffer effects of social support and personal coping resources in individuals with arthritis
by Penninx, Brenda W. J. H. & Van Tilburg, Theo & Deeg, Dorly J. H. & Kriegsman, Didi M. W. & Boeke, A. Joan P. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. M.
- 403-412 Problems in accurate medical diagnosis of depression in female patients
by Floyd, Bonnie J.
- 413-421 Population density and spatial differentials in child mortality in Zimbabwe
by Root, Graham
- 423-426 Health behaviour and risk behaviour: Socioeconomic differences in an Austrian rural county
by Stronegger, Willibald-Julius & Freidl, Wolfgang & Rásky, Éva
January 1997, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 137-146 Practitioner provision of preventive care in general practice consultations: Association with patient educational and occupational status
by Wiggers, John H. & Sanson-Fisher, Rob
- 147-155 Nurse staffing patterns and hospital efficiency in the United States
by Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Nuchols, Beverly A.
- 157-169 Health expenditures in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Govindaraj, Ramesh & Chellaraj, Gnanaraj & Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 171-180 Traditions and reproductive technology in an urbanizing north Indian village
by Khanna, Sunil K.
- 181-187 Suicide among foreign-born minorities and native Swedes: An epidemiological follow-up study of a defined population
by Johansson, Leena Maria & Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Bergman, B. O. & Qvist, Jan & Träskman-Bendz, Lil
- 189-198 Long-term illness among indigenous and foreign-born people in Sweden
by Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 199-213 Contexts and patterns of men's commercial sexual partnerships in northeastern Thailand: Implications for AIDS prevention
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Elkins, David & Haswell-Elkins, Melissa & Rujkarakorn, Darunee & Kuyyakanond, Thicumporn & Stam, Kathryn
- 215-230 White, red and black: Colour classification and illness management in Northern Ghana
by Kirby, Jon P.
- 231-240 The development of a training model to improve health professionals' skills, self-efficacy and outcome expectancies when communicating with cancer patients
by Parle, Michael & Maguire, Peter & Heaven, Cathy
- 241-249 Marital status and quality of relationships: The impact on health perception
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 251-260 Measuring the human cost of a weak economy: Does unemployment lead to alcohol abuse?
by Ettner, Susan L.
- 261-267 Alcohol abuse and mortality: A 40-year prospective study of Norwegian conscripts
by Rossow, Ingeborg & Amundsen, Arvid
- 269-272 Socioeconomic factors and dental caries in developing countries: A cross-national study
by Miura, Hiroko & Araki, Yoshima & Haraguchi, Katsuhiro & Arai, Yumiko & Umenai, Takusei
January 1997, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-12 The background of adolescent pregnancies in Nicaragua: A qualitative approach
by Berglund, Staffan & Liljestrand, Jerker & De María Marín, Flor & Salgado, Norma & Zelaya, Elmer
- 13-24 The contribution of childhood environment to the explanation of socio-economic inequalities in health in adult life: A retrospective study
by Van De Mheen, H. & Stronks, K. & Van Den Bos, J. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 25-40 Sexual risk-taking, socio-sexual biographies and sexual interaction: Elements of the French national survey on sexual behaviour
by Bajos, Nathalie & Ducot, Béatrice & Spencer, Brenda & Spira, Alfred
- 41-53 Alone in the crowd: How adults with learning difficulties cope with social networks problems
by Heyman, Bob & Swain, John & Gillman, Maureen & Handyside, Elizabeth C. & Newman, Wendy
- 55-61 The nature of parasuicide in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
by Ndosi, N. K. & Waziri, M. C.
- 63-70 Social inequality and injuries: Do morbidity patterns differ from mortality?
by Kelly, Susan M. & Miles-Doan, Rebecca
- 71-83 Deinstitutionalization, homelessness, and the myth of psychiatric abandonment: A structural anthropology perspective
by Mossman, Douglas
- 85-92 Questioning patient satisfaction: An empirical investigation in two outpatient clinics
by Avis, Mark & Bond, Meg & Arthur, Antony
- 93-101 Family life and smoking in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Shucksmith, Janet & Hendry, Leo
- 103-122 Geographical patterns of guinea worm infestation in Ghana: An historical contribution
by Hunter, John M.
- 123-131 Low mortality from ischaemic heart disease in the Sámi district of Finland
by Näyhä, Simo
December 1996, Volume 43, Issue 12
- 1685-1695 Infinitesimal risk as public health crisis: News media coverage of a doctor-patient HIV contact tracing investigation
by Brown, Julianne & Chapman, Simon & Lupton, Deborah
- 1697-1702 Infant feeding patterns on Mauritius Island, 1991
by Grummer-Strawn, Laurence M. & Kalasopatan, Soobrayen & Sungkur, J. & Friedman, Jay
- 1703-1707 Dementia-free life expectancy (DemFLE) in The Netherlands
by Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Breteler, Monique M. B. & Ott, Alewijn & Van de Water, Harry P. A.
- 1709-1720 Determinants of the use of ambulant social care by the elderly
by Crets, Stefan
- 1721-1728 The effect of violent attacks by schizophrenic persons on the attitude of the public towards the mentally ill
by Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Matschinger, Herbert
- 1729-1742 Credit programs, patriarchy and men's violence against women in rural Bangladesh
by Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Hashemi, Syed M. & Riley, Ann P. & Akhter, Shireen
- 1743-1754 Social networks, social support, personal empowerment, and the adaptation of psychiatric consumers/survivors: Path analytic models
by Hall, G. Brent & Nelson, Geoffrey
- 1755-1763 Services for adults who have experienced child sexual assault: Improving agency response
by Gibbons, Jill
- 1765-1784 Childbearing research: A transcultural review
by Steinberg, Susanne
- 1785-1794 Impact of witnessing death on hospice patients
by Payne, Sheila & Hillier, Richard & Langley-Evans, Alison & Roberts, Tony
- 1795-1804 QALYs and ethics: A health economist's perspective
by Williams, Alan
- 1805-1815 The struggle of weaning: Factors determining breastfeeding duration in East Bhutan
by Bøhler, Erik & Ingstad, Benedicte
- 1817-1827 An economic and sociological interpretation of social differences in health-related behaviour: An encounter as a guide to social epidemiology
by Lindbladh, Eva & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Hanson, Bertil S. & Östergren, Perolof & Isacsson, Sven-Olof & Lindgren, Björn
- 1829-1838 The social construction of drug debates
by Dingelstad, David & Gosden, Richard & Martin, Brian & Vakas, Nickolas
December 1996, Volume 43, Issue 11
- 1527-1532 Percentage of elderly and the use of welfare services at city welfare offices in Japan
by Ida, Osamu & Tatara, Kozo & Fujiwara, Hitoshi & Takashima, Yoshihiro & Kuroda, Kenji
- 1533-1541 A conceptual framework for the study of early readmission as an indicator of quality of care
by Ashton, Carol M. & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1543-1549 Rapid prescribing change, how do patients respond?
by Dowell, Jon S. & Snadden, David & Dunbar, James A.
- 1551-1560 A review of successful transport and home injury interventions to guide developing countries
by Forjuoh, Samuel N. & LI, Guohua
- 1561-1567 Preserving the pot and water: A traditional concept of reproductive health in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob A.
- 1569-1578 Interaction, language and the "narrative turn" in psychotherapy and psychiatry
by Brown, Brian & Nolan, Peter & Crawford, Paul & Lewis, Alison
- 1579-1590 Health, hygiene and maternal education: Evidence from The Gambia
by Barrett, Hazel & Browne, Angela
- 1591-1600 The consequences of knowing: Ethical and legal liabilities in illicit drug research
by Fitzgerald, John & Hamilton, Margaret
- 1601-1610 The assessment of disability with the Groningen Activity Restriction Scale. Conceptual framework and psychometric properties
by Kempen, G. I. J. M. & Miedema, I. & Ormel, J. & Molenaar, W.
- 1611-1619 Utilization of health care in an African urban area: Results from a household survey in Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso
by Develay, A. & Sauerborn, R. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 1621-1625 Predictors of family anxiety in the weeks before bereavement
by Higginson, Irene & Priest, Patricia
- 1627-1636 Paid work, unpaid work and social support: A study of the health of male and female nurses
by Walters, Vivienne & Lenton, Rhonda & French, Susan & Eyles, John & Mayr, Janet & Newbold, Bruce
- 1637-1648 Depression in the work of British health visitors: Clinical facets
by Sheppard, Michael
- 1649-1663 Women, alcohol and work: Interactions of gender, ethnicity and occupational culture
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Rebhun, L. A.
- 1665-1671 Sociocultural and behavioural determinants of obesity among Inuit in the central Canadian Arctic
by Young, T. Kue
- 1673-1678 Regional inequities in health expectancy in Belgium
by Van Oyen, Herman & Tafforeau, Jean & Roelands, Marc
November 1996, Volume 43, Issue 10
- 1431-1441 Urbanisation, household composition and the reproductive health of women in a South African city
by Pick, William M. & Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf
- 1443-1451 Gender differences in health: Evidence from the Czech Republic
by Hraba, Joseph & Lorenz, Frederick & Lee, Gang & Pechacová, Zdenka
- 1453-1460 Sex differences in coping and depression among young adults
by Hänninen, Vilma & Aro, Hillevi
- 1461-1465 Gender differences in postneonatal infant mortality in Taiwan
by Yang, Wen-Shan & Knöbel, Harald H. & Chen, Chien-Jen
- 1467-1474 Socio-regional context as a determinant of adolescents' health behaviour in Finland
by Karvonen, Sakari & Rimpelä, Arja
- 1475-1488 Does women's work improve their nutrition: Evidence from the urban Philippines
by Bisgrove, Eilene Z. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1489-1506 Recovery from anorexia nervosa: A Durkheimian interpretation
by Garrett, Catherine J.
- 1507-1516 Obstetric morbidity in south India: Results from a community survey
by Bhatia, Jagdish C. & Cleland, John
- 1517-1523 Shared understandings for informed consent: The relevance of psychological research on the provision of information
by Kent, Gerry
November 1996, Volume 43, Issue 9
- 1299-1308 Reactivity and repeatability of hygiene behaviour: Structured observations from Burkina Faso
by Cousens, Simon & Kanki, Bernadette & Toure, Seydou & Diallo, Ibrahim & Curtis, Valerie
- 1309-1316 Physical and psychological well-being among immigrant referrals to colonoscopy
by Anson, Ofra & Pilpel, Dina & Rolnik, Valentina
- 1317-1327 The choice of alternative therapy for health care: Testing some propositions
by McGregor, Katherine J. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 1329-1348 The practice of Chinese medicine in Taiwan
by Chi, Chunhuei & Lee, Jwo-Leun & Lai, Jim-Shoung & Chen, Chiu-Yin & Chang, Shu-Kuei & Chen, Shih-Chien
- 1349-1358 The social construction of anticipatory grief
by Fulton, Graham & Madden, Chris & Minichiello, Victor
- 1359-1370 Dissonant loss: The experiences of donor relatives
by Sque, Magi & Payne, Sheila A.
- 1371-1377 Dirty, diseased and undeserving: The positioning of HIV positive women
by Lawless, Sonia & Kippax, Susan & Crawford, June
- 1379-1387 Haiti: Unions, fertility and the quest for survival
by Maynard-Tucker, Gisèle
- 1389-1397 An international study on measuring social support: Interactions and satisfaction
by Doeglas, Dirk & Suurmeijer, Theo & Briançon, Serge & Moum, Torbjørn & Krol, Boudien & Bjelle, Anders & Sanderman, Robbert & van den Heuvel, Wim
- 1399-1425 An introduction to guinea worm on the eve of its departure: Dracunculiasis transmission, health effects, ecology and control
by Hunter, John M.
October 1996, Volume 43, Issue 8
- 1169-1178 AIDS as a paradox of manhood and development in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
by Setel, Phlip
- 1179-1187 The meaning of 6.8: Numeracy and normality in health information talks
by Adelswärd, Viveka & Sachs, Lisbeth
- 1189-1198 Face and politeness in pharmacist-physician interaction
by Lambert, Bruce L.
- 1199-1204 Compulsory testing for HIV in Hungary
by Danziger, Renée
- 1205-1211 The impact of health education to promote cloth filters on dracunculiasis prevalence in the Northern Region, Ghana
by Tayeh, Ahmed & Cairncross, Sandy & Maude, Gillian H.
- 1213-1222 Oral health and quality of life in New Zealand: A social perspective
by Chen, Meei-Shia & Hunter, Peter
- 1223-1228 Lay beliefs about diarrhoeal diseases: Their role in health education in a developing country
by Pitts, Marian & Mcmaster, John & Hartmann, Tamara & Mausezahl, D.
- 1229-1236 How reliable are relatives' retrospective reports of terminal illness? Patients' and relatives' accounts compared
by Hinton, John
- 1237-1243 Cognition and affect after cervical screening: The role of previous test outcome and personal obligation in future uptake expectations
by Orbell, Sheina
- 1245-1251 Patient attitude as a function of disease state in Multiple Sclerosis
by Evers, Kaylene J. & Karnilowicz, Wally
- 1253-1261 Compassionate-empathic physicians: Personality traits and social-organizational factors that enhance or inhibit this behavior pattern
by Carmel, Sara & Glick, Seymour M.
- 1263-1271 Equity in the access to mammography in Spain
by Luengo, S. & Lázaro, P. & Madero, R. & Alvira, F. & Fitch, K. & Azcona, B. & Pérez, J. M. & Caballero, P.
- 1273-1282 The mental health impact of stillbirth, neonatal death or SIDS: Prevalence and patterns of distress among mothers
by Boyle, Frances M. & Vance, John C. & Najman, Jake M. & Thearle, M. John
- 1283-1287 Physicians' view of practice guidelines. A survey of Italian physicians
by Grilli, Roberto & Penna, Angelo & Zola, Paolo & Liberati, Alessandro
- 1289-1294 Scope for fly control as a diarrhoea intervention in Pakistan: A community perspective
by Chavasse, Desmond & Ahmad, Nisar & Akhtar, Tasleem
October 1996, Volume 43, Issue 7
- 1035-1047 Immigrants and health: Unemployment and health-risks of labour migrants in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1984-1992
by Elkeles, Thomas & Seifert, Wolfgang
- 1049-1056 Health care access and preventive care among Vietnamese immigrants: Do traditional beliefs and practices pose barriers?
by Jenkins, Christopher N. H. & Le, Thao & McPhee, Stephen J. & Stewart, Susan & Ha, Ngoc The
- 1057-1062 Missing front teeth in exile Tamils--An unresolved phenomenon
by Wolf, Manfred
- 1063-1072 International stratification and the health of women: An empirical comparison of alternative models of world-system position
by Dyches, Hayne & Rushing, Beth
- 1073-1081 Physician preventive care philosophy and the five year durability of a preventive services office system
by Rebelsky, Michelle S. & Sox, Carol Hill & Dietrich, Allen J. & Schwab, Brenda R. & Labaree, Christine E. & Brown-Mckinney, Nancy
- 1083-1095 Child development and long-term outcomes: A population health perspective and summary of successful interventions
by Hertzman, C. & Wiens, M.
- 1097-1107 Maternal and child health in Albania
by Senturia, Kirsten D.
- 1109-1118 Migration of persons with AIDS--A search for support from elderly parents?
by Ellis, Mark & Muschkin, Clara
- 1119-1126 The relation of self-reported back pain to psychosocial, behavioral, and health-related factors in a working population in Switzerland
by Foppa, Ivo & Noack, Richard H.
- 1127-1136 The end of the road? Lay views on a pain-relief clinic
by Bendelow, Gillian A. & Williams, Simon J.
- 1137-1143 Is patient-controlled analgesia controlled by the patient?
by Taylor, Neil & Hall, George M. & Salmon, Peter
- 1145-1159 Role of control and support in occupational stress: An integrated model
by Baker, Elizabeth & Israel, Barbara & Schurman, Susan
September 1996, Volume 43, Issue 6
- 901-902 Change of editorial structure at Social Science & Medicine
by Macintyre, Sally
- 903-917 The effects of health and treatment perceptions on the use of prescribed medication and home remedies among African American and white American hypertensives
by Brown, Carolyn M. & Segal, Richard
- 919-931 Hearing the patient's 'voice': Toward a social poetics in diagnostic interviews
by Katz, Arlene M. & Shotter, John
- 933-945 Treatment seeking for malaria: A review of recent research
by McCombie, S. C.
- 947-954 A randomized trial of an empirically-derived social support intervention to prevent low birthweight among African American women
by Norbeck, Jane S. & DeJoseph, Jeanne F. & Smith, Renée T.
- 955-965 Behavior, attitudes, and expectations regarding the use of life-sustaining treatments among physicians in Israel: An exploratory study
by Carmel, Sara
- 967-974 Age differences among Japanese on the center for epidemiologic studies depression scale: An ethnocultural perspective on somatization
by Iwata, Noboru & Roberts, Robert E.
- 975-983 Access and utilization: A continuum of health service environments
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & Hanlon, Neil T.
- 985-998 Willingness to pay for child survival: Results of a national survey in Central African Republic
by Weaver, Marcia & Ndamobissi, Robert & Kornfield, Ruth & Blewane, Cesaire & Sathe, Antoine & Chapko, Michael & Bendje, Nicholas & Nguembi, Emmanuel & Senwara-Defiobonna, Jacques
- 999-1005 Do preventive health services reduce eventual demand for medical care?
by Nakanishi, Noriyuki & Tatara, Kozo & Fujiwara, Hitoshi
- 1007-1024 "I'm not dog, no!": Cries of resistance against cholera control campaigns
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Monte, Cristina M. G.
- 1025-1029 Socioeconomic status and severity of illness on admission in acute myocardial infarction patients
by Latour-Pérez, Jaime & Gutiérrez-Vicén, Teresa & Lópezcamps, Vicent & Bonastre-Mora, Juan & Giner-Boix, Jose Salvador & Rodríguez-Serra, Manuel & Rosado-Bretón, Luis
September 1996, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 575-575 Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 577-599 Beyond the orthodox: Heresy in medicine and the social sciences from a cross-cultural perspective
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 601-604 Medical heresy--The view of a heretic
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 605-608 Causes of change in the health of populations: A biopsychosocial viewpoint
by Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 609-619 Child survival: Physical vulnerability and resilience in adversity in the European past and the contemporary Third World
by Caldwell, Pat
- 621-635 Child development: Vulnerability and resilience
by Engle, Patrice L. & Castle, Sarah & Menon, Purnima
- 637-654 Health system reforms--Toward a framework for international comparisons
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 655-666 Market-oriented health care reforms: Trends and future options
by van de ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 667-680 Cultural problems of ageing especially regarding gender and intergenerational equity
by Henrard, J. C.
- 681-687 Cultural aspects of ageing: Gender and inter-generational issues
by Jefferys, Margot
- 689-695 Obstacles to community health promotion
by Guldan, Georgia S.
- 697-705 Empowering patients: Issues and strategies
by Anderson, Joan M.
- 707-720 Gender perspectives and quality of care: Towards appropriate and adequate health care for women
by van Wijk, Cecile M. T. Gijsbers & van Vliet, Katja P. & Kolk, Annemarie M.
- 721-730 Gender perspectives and quality of care in underdeveloped countries: Disease, gender and contextuality
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 731-737 Policy issues in the private health sector: Examples from long-term care in the U.K
by Bartlett, Helen P. & Phillips, David R.
- 739-744 Pooling public and private funds in the patient's interest: The case for long-term care insurance
by Launois, Robert
- 745-758 Disease ecology at a crossroads: Man-made environments, human rights and perpetual development utopias
by Pedersen, Duncan
- 759-768 Public health care provisions: Access and equity
by Muhamad Hanafiah Bin Juni
- 769-774 Responses of mental health professionals to man-made trauma: The Israeli experience
by Solomon, Zahava