Social Science & Medicine
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1447-1462 What things are important in people's lives? A survey of the public's judgements to inform scales of health related quality of life
by Bowling, Ann
- 1463-1465 Quality of life assessment in pediatric oncology: A retrospective review of phase III reports
by Bradlyn, Andrew S. & Harris, Carole V. & Spieth, Leslie E.
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1203-1205 A better way of approaching adolescent pregnancy
by Battin, M. P.
- 1207-1216 Sociological dimensions of illness behavior
by Mechanic, David
- 1217-1240 The tooth as a marker of developing world quality of life: A field study in Guatemala
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1241-1254 Health promotion in primary care: Physician-patient communication and decision making about prescription medications
by Makoul, Gregory & Arntson, Paul & Schofield, Theo
- 1255-1260 Confiding in crisis: Gender differences in pattern of confiding among cancer patients
by Harrison, Judy & Maguire, Peter & Pitceathly, Carolyn
- 1261-1271 The cultural production of Bioterapia: Psychic healing and the natural medicine movement in Slovakia
by Rubens, Donna & Gyurkovics, Darina & Hornacek, Karol
- 1273-1287 Reliability-adjusted disease maps
by Kennedy-Kalafatis, Susan
- 1289-1299 The ethics of discharge planning for older adults: An ethnographic analysis
by Dill, Ann E. P.
- 1301-1310 Pre-marital genetic counselling to consanguineous couples: Attitudes, beliefs and decisions among counselled, noncounselled and unrelated couples in Israel
by Shiloh, Shoshana & Reznik, Haike & Bat-Miriam-Katznelson, Mariassa & Goldman, Boleslav
- 1311-1323 Sexual communication in the age of AIDS: The construction of risk and trust among young adults
by Lear, Dana
- 1325-1332 The role of pharmaceuticals in the privatization process in Vietnam's health-care system
by Wolffers, Ivan
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1041-1041 Editorial
by McEwan, P. J. M.
- 1043-1045 Flourishing health work in China
by Xu, Wenbo
- 1047-1055 The Chinese health care system: Lessons for other nations
by Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1057-1064 The reforms of the Chinese health care system: County level changes: The Jiangxi study
by Zheng, Xiang & Hillier, Sheila
- 1065-1072 Market reforms and China's health care system
by HO, Lok Sang
- 1073-1084 Urban economic reform and access to health care coverage in the People's Republic of China
by Grogan, Colleen M.
- 1085-1093 Transformation of China's rural health care financing
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. L. & Li, Qing & Liu, Xingzhu & Ren, Minghui
- 1095-1101 The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy
by Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1103-1110 Health care utilization as a function of subjective health status, job satisfaction and gender among health care workers in Guangzhou, Southern China
by Fielding, R. & Li, J. & Tang, Y. E.
- 1111-1118 Cooperative medical schemes in contemporary rural China
by Xueshan, Feng & Shenglan, Tang & Bloom, Gerald & Segall, Malcolm & Xingyuan, Gu
- 1119-1130 Distribution of medical insurance in China
by Henderson, Gail & Shuigao, Jin & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Jianmin, Wang & Haijiang, Ma & Yunan, He & Xiping, Zhang & Ying, Chang & Keyou, Ge
- 1131-1145 Urban stress in China
by Lin, Nan & Lai, Gina
- 1147-1157 Seeking women's voices: Setting the context for women's health interventions in two rural counties in Yunnan, China
by Wong, Glenn C. & LI, Virginia C. & Burris, Mary Ann & Xiang, Yueping
- 1159-1173 Goods on which one loses: Women and mental health in China
by Pearson, Veronica
- 1175-1184 Flows of social support and health status among older persons in China
by Liu, Xian & Liang, Jersey & Gu, Shengzu
- 1185-1190 Some aspects of diabetes care in Chengdu
by Li, Xiu J. & Deng, Shang P.
- 1191-1195 Outline of control practice of endemic fluorosis in China
by Lian-Fang, Wang & Jian-Zhong, Huang
- 1197-1201 The rise and prospects of medical aesthetics
by Qingxing, Peng & Xue, Wang & Jiaye, Zhao
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 911-914 Epidemiology's role in the creation of a humane world: Convergences and divergences among the schools
by Breilh, Jaime
- 915-922 Psychosocial and behavioral factors associated with serum lipids in university students
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Krakau, Ingvar & Högbom, Margita & Romanus-Egerborg, Isolde
- 923-934 Explaining rising mortality among men in Eastern Europe
by Watson, Peggy
- 935-947 Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort
by Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 949-955 Homogénéité de la distribution spatiale des cancers du système reproducteur féminin au Québec
by Drapeau, Aline & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Ghadirian, Parviz
- 957-968 Sewers and scapegoats: Spatial metaphors of smallpox in nineteenth century San Francisco
by Craddock, Susan
- 969-975 Process and outcomes in general practice consultations: Problems in defining high quality care
by Winefield, Helen R. & Murrell, Timothy G. & Clifford, Julie
- 977-981 Public health problems of urbanization
by Mutatkar, R. K.
- 983-1003 Elderly mental health in the developing world
by Levkoff, Sue E. & Macarthur, Ian W. & Bucknall, Julia
- 1005-1021 The subjective experience of health and illness in Ocuituco: A case study
by Castro, Roberto
- 1023-1031 Ethnic differences in contraceptive use in Kuwait: A clinic-based study
by Al-Gallaf, Khalida & Al-Wazzan, Hanan & Al-Namash, Hind & Shah, Nasra M. & Behbehani, Jaafar
- 1033-1037 The impact of the Gulf armed conflict on the health and behaviour of Kuwaiti children
by Al-Eissa, Youssef A.
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 759-760 What is this news on the menstrual cycle and premenstrual syndrome? : Introduction
by Choi, Precilla Y. L.
- 761-767 The premenstrual syndrome: A brief history
by Richardson, John T. E.
- 769-777 Stress responsivity in exercisers and non-exercisers during different phases of the menstrual cycle
by Choi, Precilla Y. L. & Salmon, Peter
- 779-784 The menstrual cycle, science and femininity: Assumptions underlying menstrual cycle research
by Nicolson, Paula
- 785-791 The menstrual cycle and the well being of women
by Bancroft, John
- 793-800 Theory and methodology in premenstrual syndrome research
by Walker, Anne
- 801-807 Increased socioeconomic differences in mortality in eight Spanish provinces
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutiérrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Rodríguez, Carmen
- 809-818 Health of migrants and migrant health policy, the Netherlands as an example
by Venema, H. P. Uniken & Garretsen, H. F. L. & Van Der Maas, P. J.
- 819-828 No real progress towards equity: Health of migrants and ethnic minorities on the eve of the year 2000
by Bollini, Paola & Siem, Harald
- 829-835 Impact of user charges on vulnerable groups: The case of Kibwezi in rural Kenya
by Mbugua, J. Karanja & Bloom, Gerald H. & Segall, Malcolm M.
- 837-844 The social life of bonding theory
by Crouch, Mira & Manderson, Lenore
- 845-855 Research on lifestyles and health: Searching for meaning
by Dean, Kathryn & Colomer, Concha & Pérez-Hoyos, Santiago
- 857-862 Public health crises of cities in developing countries
by Wang'ombe, Joseph K.
- 863-872 Distribution spatiale de sieges anatomiques choisis de cancer au Quebec
by Gbary, A. R. & Philippe, P. & Ducic, S. & Beland, F.
- 873-881 Interruptive patterns in medical visits: The effects of role, status and gender
by Irish, Julie T. & Hall, Judith A.
- 883-891 'If this is what it's doing to our washing, what is it doing to our lungs?' Industrial pollution and public understanding in North-East England
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Phillimore, Peter & Bhopal, Raj & Foy, Christopher
- 893-899 Setting the agenda: Does the medical literature set the agenda for articles about medicines in the newspapers?
by Van Trigt, Anke M. & De Jong-Van Den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Voogt, Linda M. & Willems, Jaap & T.Dirk Tromp, F. J. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 901-907 The social network of patients with schizoaffective disorder as compared to patients with diabetes and to healthy individuals
by Nettelbladt, Per & Svensson, Carina & Serin, Ulrika & Öjehagen, Agneta
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 603-604 The 'permanent project syndrome': A counter productive consequence of philanthropy
by Wang'ombe, J. K.
- 605-607 Introduction
by Greenough, Paul
- 609-616 Global immunization--A medical perspective
by Wright, Peter F.
- 617-632 Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand
by Nichter, Mark
- 633-645 Intimidation, coercion and resistance in the final stages of the South Asian Smallpox Eradication Campaign, 1973-1975
by Greenough, Paul
- 647-656 Enhancing coverage and sustainability of vaccination programs: An explanatory framework with special reference to India
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 657-671 Immunization to regulate fertility: Biological and cultural frameworks
by Schrater, Angeline Faye
- 673-686 Assumptions and contradictions in measles and measles immunization research: Is measles good for something?
by Aaby, Peter
- 687-698 Socioeconomic and spatial differentials in mortality and means of committing suicide in New South Wales, Australia, 1985-1991
by Burnley, I. H.
- 699-716 Aids and injecting drug use in the United Kingdom, 1987-1993: The policy response and the prevention of the epidemic
by Stimson, Gerry V.
- 717-723 Psychosocial work characteristics and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young adults: The CARDIA study
by Greenlund, Kurt J. & Liu, Kiang & Knox, Sarah & McCreath, Heather & Dyer, Alan R. & Gardin, Julius
- 725-732 Nutrition, maternal responsiveness and mental development of Ethiopian children
by Aboud, Frances E. & Alemu, Tadesse
- 733-738 Short stature as an effect of economic and social conditions in childhood
by Peck, Maria Nyström & Lundberg, Olle
- 739-745 Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents
by Veitch, P. C.
- 747-751 The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries
by Veitch, P. C.
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 453-460 Health care reform in the United States: On the road to nowhere (again)?
by Barer, Morris L. & Marmor, Theodore R. & Morrison, Ellen M.
- 461-473 Cultural studies of biomedicine: An agenda for research
by Good, Mary-Jo Delvecchio
- 475-482 Equity of health care in Australia
by Lairson, David R. & Hindson, Paul & Hauquitz, Alan
- 483-489 The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 491-499 The social and political meaning of the silent epidemic of miners' phthisis, Bendigo 1860-1960
by Kippen, Sandra
- 501-509 Notions and treatment of guinea worm in Northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 511-515 General practitioners' assessment of and interest in alternative medicine in Canada
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Sutherland, Lloyd R.
- 517-525 Powerlessness, health and mortality: A longitudinal study of older men and mature women
by Seeman, Melvin & Lewis, Susan
- 527-536 Maternal activity budgets: Feasibility of exclusive breastfeeding for six months among urban women in Honduras
by Cohen, Roberta J. & Haddix, Kimber & Hurtado, Elena & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 537-545 Activists and delegators: Elderly patients' preferences about control at the end of life
by Kelner, Merrijoy
- 547-556 Predictors of emergency room use by homeless adults in New York City: The influence of predisposing, enabling and need factors
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Struening, Elmer L. & Andrews, Howard & Pittman, John
- 557-568 Attitudes towards people with HIV: Are they as stigmatizing as people with HIV perceive them to be?
by Green, Gill
- 569-577 Family planning practices and attitudes among former Soviet new immigrant women in Israel
by Remennick, Larissa I. & Amir, Delila & Elimelech, Yuval & Novikov, Yliya
- 579-594 An assessment of research on breastfeeding promotion strategies in developing countries
by Wilmoth, Teresa A. & Elder, John P.
- 595-596 Letter to the editor
by Akalin, Murat Z. & Maine, Deborah
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 299-302 Understanding the AIDS epidemic and reacting sensibly to it
by Caldwell, John C.
- 303-315 Stigma, HIV and AIDS: An exploration and elaboration of a stigma trajectory
by Alonzo, Angelo A. & Reynolds, Nancy R.
- 317-332 Exploring the iceberg of morbidity: A comparison of different survey methods for assessing the occurrence of everyday illness
by Kooiker, S. E.
- 333-345 U.S. Apartheid and the spread of AIDS to the suburbs: A multi-city analysis of the political economy of spatial epidemic threshold
by Wallace, Rodrick & Wallace, Deborah
- 347-353 Decisional conflict in general practice: Strategies of patient management
by Di Caccavo, Antonietta & Reid, Fraser
- 355-363 Physician participation in Medicaid managed care
by Silverstein, Gail & Kirkman-Liff, Bradford
- 365-374 Determinants of persistent compliance with screening for colorectal cancer
by Neilson, Aileen R. & Whynes, David K.
- 375-381 Nemawashi essential for conducting research in Japan
by Fetters, Michael D.
- 383-393 Potties, pits and pipes: Explaining hygiene behaviour in Burkina Faso
by Curtis, Valerie & Kanki, Bernadette & Mertens, Thierry & Traore, Etienne & Diallo, Ibrahim & Tall, François & Cousens, Simon
- 395-407 Structural relationships between social support and coping
by Mccoll, Mary Ann & Lei, Hau & Skinner, Harvey
- 409-417 AIDS knowledge and risk behaviors among domestic clients of female sex workers in Bali, Indonesia
by Fajans, Peter & Ford, Kathleen & Wirawan, Dewa Nyoman
- 419-424 Socio-economic differences in smoking: Dutch adolescents' beliefs and behaviour
by De Vries, Hein
- 425-431 Socioeconomic equity in finnish hospital care in relation to need
by Keskimäki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 433-436 Acceptability of prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia (SCA) by female patients and parents of SCA patients in Nigeria
by Durosinmi, M. A. & Odebiyi, A. I. & Adediran, I. A. & Akinola, N. O. & Adegorioye, D. E. & Okunade, M. A.
- 437-446 Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence
by Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark
- 451-451 Letter to the editor
by Kleinman, Arthur
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 151-153 General practice 1995--Caught in the fast lane
by Howie, J. G. R.
- 155-161 A pay-for-performance system for civil service doctors: The Indonesian experiment
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Bayulken, Caroline
- 163-171 Health inequalities in early adulthood: A comparison of young men and women in Britain and Finland
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 173-180 'Doing the right thing': The symbolic meanings and experiences of having an HIV antibody test
by Lupton, Deborah & Mccarthy, Sophie & Chapman, Simon
- 181-195 Living with a chronic illness: Chinese-Canadian and Euro-Canadian women with diabetes--Exploring factors that influence management
by Anderson, J. M. & Wiggins, S. & Rajwani, R. & Holbrook, A. & Blue, C. & Ng, M.
- 197-210 Male gender roles and sexuality: Implications for women's AIDS risk and prevention
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 211-225 Bucking the health establishment: Alexander Milne and the fight for a New Zealand hepatitis B immunization program
by Muraskin, William
- 227-233 Maternal smoking among blacks and whites
by Andreski, Patricia & Breslau, Naomi
- 235-248 Lifestyle, health and social class in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Hendry, Leo & Shucksmith, Janet
- 249-260 The significance of belief and expectancy within the spiritual healing encounter
by Wirth, Daniel P.
- 261-266 Unaccompanied status as a risk factor in Vietnamese Amerasians
by Mckelvey, Robert S. & Webb, John A.
- 267-275 The development of a new methodology to assess perceived needs among indigenous Australians
by Perkins, J. J. & Sanson-Fisher, R. W. & Girgis, A. & Blunden, S. & Lunnay, D.
- 277-284 AIDS in Namibia
by Slotten, Ross A.
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-1 120 years old: Why and at what price?
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Bungener, Martine
- 3-11 Geographically-decentralized planning and management in health care: Some informational issues and their implications for efficiency
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John
- 13-24 Contracting out of clinical services in Zimbabwe
by Mcpake, Barbara & Hongoro, Charles
- 25-36 Self-starvation in context: Towards a culturally sensitive understanding of anorexia nervosa
by Lee, Sing
- 37-46 User fees, demand for children's health care and access across income groups: The Philippine case
by Ching, Panfila
- 47-68 Acronyms and effacement: Traditional medical practitioners (TMP) in international health development
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 69-76 Factors affecting couples' adjustment to recurrent breast cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Dorris, Geraldine & Charron-Moore, Carol
- 77-86 Cross cultural communication of tetanus vaccinations in Bolivia
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 87-98 Reconsidering the popularity of primary health centers in India: A case study from rural Maharashtra
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 99-112 Critique of reductionistic models of obsessive-compulsive disorder: Toward a new explanatory paradigm
by Franzblau, Susan H. & Kanadanian, Monique & Rettig, Elizabeth
- 113-121 Abstinence in late adolescence--Antecedents to and covariates of a sober lifestyle and its consequences
by Leifman, H. & Kühlhorn, E. & Allebeck, P. & Andréasson, S. & Romelsjö, A.
- 123-130 Dental anxiety in Danish and Chinese adults--A cross-cultural perspective
by Schwarz, Eli & Birn, Herluf
- 131-140 Casey House: Interpreting the location of a Toronto AIDS hospice
by Chiotti, Quentin P. & Joseph, Alun E.
- 141-144 Primary health care reform in Slovenia: First results
by vab, Igor
- 145-145 Transcultural psychiatry at the German Psychiatric Society: Report on a symposium held in Reichenau
by Lolas, Fernando
June 1995, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Qualitative and quantitative methods: In-depth or rapid assessment?
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1591-1596 Introduction
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 1597-1610 A painful purgatory: Grief and the nicaraguan mothers of the disappeared
by Tully, Sheila R.
- 1611-1621 Ethnomedical interactions: Health and identity on Nicaragua's Atlantic Coast
by Barrett, Bruce
- 1623-1629 Refugee stress and folk belief: Hmong sudden deaths
by Adler, Shelley R.
- 1631-1642 Vietnamese refugees in Victoria, B.C.: An overview of immigrant and refugee health care in a medium-sized Canadian urban centre
by Stephenson, Peter H.
- 1643-1653 Acculturation as a risk factor for chronic disease among Cambodian refugees in the United States
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Pickwell, Sheila M.
- 1655-1661 Medical practice and anthropological bias
by Bolton, Jonathan
- 1663-1669 Public health, epidemiology and war
by Weinberg, Julius & Simmonds, Stephanie
- 1671-1681 Euthanasia: American attitudes toward the physician's role
by Caddell, David P. & Newton, Rae R.
- 1683-1690 Agency and incentives in the NHS internal market
by Propper, Carol
- 1691-1697 Ethical issues in social science research with special reference to sexual behaviour research
by Ringheim, Karin
- 1699-1706 Multidisciplinary rehabilitation versus medical care: A meta-analysis
by Evans, Ron L. & Connis, Richard T. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Haselkorn, Jodie K.
- 1707-1715 Using administrative databases to evaluate the quality of medical care: A conceptual framework
by Wray, Nelda P. & Ashton, Carol M. & Kuykendall, David H. & Hollingsworth, John C.
- 1717-1730 Marital status and health among the elderly
by Goldman, Noreen & Korenman, Sanders & Weinstein, Rachel
- 1731-1739 Recovery of recurrent health service costs through provincial health funds in Cameroon
by Sauerborn, Rainer & Bodart, Claude & Owona Essomba, Rene
June 1995, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 1437-1440 Climate change and vector-borne diseases distribution
by De Casas, Susana Isabel Curto & Carcavallo, Rodolfo U.
- 1441-1441 Introduction
by Mwaria, Cheryl
- 1443-1445 Murphy's contributions to disability studies: An inquiry into ourselves
by Goldin, Carol S. & Scheer, Jessica
- 1447-1459 The process of self-report of impairment in clinical research
by Luborsky, Mark R.
- 1461-1467 Mother father deaf: The heritage of difference
by Preston, Paul
- 1469-1480 Hearing Impaired families: The social ecology of hearing loss
by Mckellin, William H.
- 1481-1489 'The Elephant Man' as 'self' and 'other': The psycho-social costs of a misdiagnosis
by Ablon, Joan
- 1491-1496 Emerging trends in the application of the social sciences to health and medicine
by Mechanic, David
- 1497-1511 Human behavior, health education and schistosomiasis control: A review
by Kloos, Helmut
- 1513-1526 Social support and stressful events in two dimensions: Life events and illness as an event
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Flap, H. D. & Foets, M. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 1527-1537 Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation
by Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E.
- 1539-1547 Factors associated with pregnancy and pregnancy resolution in HIV seropositive women
by Kline, Anna & Strickler, Jennifer & Kempf, Judith
- 1549-1559 Genetic information and life insurance: A proposal for an ethical European policy
by Sandberg, Per
- 1561-1572 Race, religious involvement and depressive symptomatology in a southeastern U.S. community
by Ellison, Christopher G.
- 1573-1577 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1579-1584 Life fulfilment in an epilepsy sample from the United States
by Collings, John A.
May 1995, Volume 40, Issue 10
- 1-30 The effect of a national control of diarrheal diseases program on mortality: The case of Egypt
by Miller, Peter & Hirschhorn, Norbert
- 1319-1330 The social course of epilepsy: Chronic illness as social experience in interior China
by Kleinman, Arthur & Wang, Wen-Zhi & Li, Shi-Chuo & Cheng, Xue-Ming & Dai, Xiu-Ying & Li, Kun-Tun & Kleinman, Joan
- 1331-1355 Paradise lost: An introduction to the geography of water pollution in Puerto Rico
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1357-1363 A longitudinal examination of the cherniss model of psychological burnout
by Burke, Ronald J. & Greenglass, Esther R.
- 1365-1370 Dealing with uncertainty: Will science solve the problems of resource allocation in the U.K. NHS?
by Freemantle, Nick
- 1371-1383 Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants
by Brockerhoff, Martin
- 1385-1398 The validity of using health state indexes in measuring the consequences of traffic injury for public health
by Elvik, Rune
- 1399-1406 The influence of socioeconomic status on change in health status after hospitalization
by Guadagnoli, Edward & Cleary, Paul D. & Mcneil, Barbara J.
- 1407-1415 The effects of caring on health: A community-based longitudinal study
by Taylor, Rex & Ford, Graeme & Dunbar, Martin
- 1417-1423 Menstrual cycle symptom reporting in three British ethnic groups
by Van Den Akker, O. B. A. & Eves, F. F. & Service, S. & Lennon, B.
- 1425-1432 Health, just world beliefs and coping style preferences in patients of complementary and orthodox medicine
by Furnham, Adrian & Beard, Rachael
- 1433-1434 The patient's charter: A survey of hospital out-patients views of their rights and ability to exercise them
by Tailor, H. & Mayberry, J. F.
May 1995, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1167-1168 The plague in India, 1994
by Madan, T. N.
- 1169-1179 Improving human welfare through appropriate technology: Government responsibility, citizen duty or customer choice
by Bell, Morag & Franceys, Richard
- 1181-1192 Equity in health care: Methodological contributions to the analysis of hospital utilization within Canada
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Eyles, John & Birch, Stephen
- 1193-1202 Contracting for palliative care
by Clark, David & Neale, Brenda & Heather, Pauline
- 1203-1212 An economic evaluation of alternative programme designs for tuberculosis control in rural Uganda
by Saunderson, Paul R.
- 1213-1220 Telling donor insemination offspring about their conception: The nature of couples' decision-making
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M. & Gillett, Wayne
- 1221-1229 The measurement of social support in the 'European research on incapacitating diseases and social support': The development of the Social Support Questionnaire for Transactions (SSQT)
by Suurmeijer, Theo P. B. M. & Doeglas, Dirk M. & Briançon, Serge & Krijnen, Wim P. & Krol, Boudien & Sanderman, Robbert & Moum, Torbjørn & Bjelle, Anders & Van Den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 1231-1242 The effect of social change on causal beliefs of mental disorders and treatment preferences in Ghana
by Ofori-Atta, A. M. Lamensdorf & Linden, W.
- 1243-1257 Making the biopolitical subject: Cambodian immigrants, refugee medicine and cultural citizenship in California
by Ong, Aihwa
- 1259-1269 Sex differences in infant and child mortality in three provinces in China
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 1271-1277 Child malaria treatment practices among mothers in Kenya
by Mwenesi, Halima & Harpham, Trudy & Snow, Robert W.
- 1279-1289 Responding to cough: Boholano illness classification and resort to care in response to childhood ARI
by McNee, Andrew & Khan, Neelam & Dawson, Susan & Gunsalam, Joachim & Tallo, Veronica L. & Manderson, Lenore & Riley, Ian
- 1291-1298 Explanatory models of mental illness in sub-Saharan Africa
by Patel, Vikram
- 1299-1304 Reactions to repeated STD infections: Psychosocial aspects and gender issues in Zimbabwe
by Pitts, Marian & Bowman, Margaret & McMaster, John
- 1305-1311 Social inequalities and health among children aged 10-11 in The Netherlands: Causes and consequences
by van der Lucht, Fons & Groothoff, Johan
- 1315-1316 On the social sciences and preventive medicine
by Radovanovic, Zoran
April 1995, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1017-1019 A plea for ignoring race and including insured status in American research reports on social science and medicine
by Bagley, Christopher
- 1021-1028 The measurement of meaning in illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 1029-1040 Women's orientation toward help-seeking for mental disorders
by Fosu, Gabriel B.
- 1041-1052 Plan de paiement anticipe des soins de sante de Bwamanda (Zaire) comment a-t-il ete mis en place?
by Ilunga, Tshinko B. & Contandriopoulos, Andre-Pierre & Fournier, Pierre
- 1053-1071 Empowerment and the psychiatric consumer/ex-patient movement in the United States: Contradictions, crisis and change
by McLean, Athena