Social Science & Medicine
1992, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 657-666 Epilepsy and the quality of everyday life: Findings from a study of people with well-controlled epilepsy
by Jacoby, Ann
- 667-673 Is paying for health care culturally acceptable in sub-Sahara Africa? Money and tradition
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 675-685 The limits of lifestyle: Re-assessing 'fatalism' in the popular culture of illness prevention
by Davison, Charlie & Frankel, Stephen & Smith, George Davey
- 687-695 Management and treatment of diarrhea in Honduran children: Factors associated with mothers' health care behaviors
by DeClerque, Julia & Bailey, Patricia & Janowitz, Barbara & Dominik, Rosalie & Fiallos, Carlos
- 697-707 HIV in the U.K.: Problems of prevalence, sociological response and health education
by Winn, Sandra & Skelton, Robert
- 709-717 Palestinian martyr widowhood--Emotional needs in conflict with role expectations?
by Sande, Hans
1992, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 467-474 Allocating medical resources in rural America: Alternative perceptions of justice
by Jecker, Nancy S. & Berg, Alfred O.
- 475-483 AIDS: Conceptual and methodological issues in researching sexual behaviour in sub-Saharan Africa
by Standing, Hilary
- 485-489 Cultural change and the reproductive cycle
by Dennis, Robert
- 491-497 Why do the O'Sheas consult so often? An exploration of complex family illness behaviour
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 499-505 Identity, ideology and medicine: Health attitudes and behavior among Hindu religious renunciates
by Thomas, L. Eugene
- 507-513 Patient non-compliance: Deviance or reasoned decision-making?
by Donovan, Jenny L. & Blake, David R.
- 515-522 An appraisal of the current status of communication skills training in British medical schools
by Frederikson, Lesley & Bull, Peter
- 523-532 Competing explanations for associations between marital status and health
by Wyke, Sally & Ford, Graeme
- 533-548 Guatemalan Indian children and the sociocultural effects of government-sponsored terrorisms
by Melville, Margarita B. & Brinton Lykes, M.
- 549-558 Does the current use of junior doctors in the United Kingdom affect the quality of medical care?
by McKee, Martin & Black, Nick
- 559-569 Methods for quality adjustment of life years
by Nord, Erik
- 571-580 Going public as an AIDS family caregiver
by Powell-Cope, Gail M. & Brown, Marie Annette
- 581-583 Constructing a canon?
by Bell, Susan E. & Zola, Irving Kenneth
- 589-590 Letter to the editor
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 341-350 Health effects of unemployment--I. Long-term unemployed men in a rural and an urban setting
by Leeflang, R. L. I. & Klein-Hesselink, D. J. & Spruit, I. P.
- 351-363 Health effects of unemployment--II. men and women
by Leeflang, R. L. I. & Klein-Hesselink, D. J. & Spruit, I. P.
- 365-374 Status inequality in the social worker-nurse collaboration in hospitals
by Ben-Sira, Zeev & Szyf, Miriam
- 375-382 Community nurses and the care of the dying
by Seale, Clive
- 383-393 Ends of the line: Diversity among chronic pain centers
by Csordas, Thomas J. & Clark, Jack A.
- 395-403 Disability and depression: Some etiological considerations
by Friedland, Judith & McColl, MaryAnn
- 405-414 Loneliness and alcohol abuse: A review of evidences of an interplay
by Åkerlind, Ingemar & Hörnquist, Jan Olof
- 415-418 Dental state and needs for episodic care of institutionalized elderly in an Asian community
by Soh, G. & Chong, Y. H. & Ong, G.
- 419-425 Giving birth across the border: The San Diego-Tijuana connection
by Guendelman, Sylvia & Jasis, Monica
- 427-432 Coping strategies and individual meanings of illness
by Schüssler, Gerhard
- 433-445 Social network transactions of psychiatric patients
by Nelson, Geoffrey & Hall, G. Brent & Squire, Denise & Walsh-Bowers, Richard T.
- 447-457 Minority women and sexual choice in the age of AIDS
by Kline, Anna & Kline, Emily & Oken, Emily
- 459-460 The attitude of employers to people with inflammatory bowel disease
by Moody, G. A. & Probert, C. S. J. & Jayanthi, V. & Mayberry, J. F.
- 461-464 The management of illness by a Filipino psychic surgeon: A western physician's impression
by Dein, Simon
1992, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 213-226 Socio-economic health differences in the Netherlands: A review of recent empirical findings
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 227-235 Social history of a research project: A study on early post-partum discharge
by Romito, Patrizia & Zalateo, Cristina
- 237-247 The process of discourse: Usages of a Japanese medical term
by Rosenberger, Nancy R.
- 249-262 Women and aids in developing countries : The XIIth international conference on the social sciences and medicine
by de Bruyn, Maria
- 263-270 List size, composition of practice and general practitioners' workload in the Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F. & van der Velden, Koos
- 271-280 Some aspects of sexual behaviour and the potential demographic impact of aids in developing countries
by Anderson, Roy M.
- 281-289 The abuse of high dose estrogen/progestin combination drugs in delay of menstruation: The assumptions and practices of doctors, midwives and pharmacists in a peruvian city
by Bonnema, Jorien & Dalebout, Joanneke A.
- 291-306 In search of factors responsible for noncompliance among tuberculosis patients in Wardha District, India
by Barnhoorn, Florie & Adriaanse, Hans
- 307-315 Medicines and culture--A double perspective on drug utilization in a developing country
by Sachs, Lisbeth & Tomson, Göran
- 317-323 Maternal mobility and infant mortality in Greece: A regional analysis
by Matsaganis, Manos
- 325-331 Children's physical activity: An exploratory study of psychological correlates
by Biddle, Stuart & Armstrong, Neil
- 333-334 Sociological and economic theories of suicide: A comparison of the U.S.A. and Taiwan
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David & Yang, Chung-Hsin
- 339-339 Letter to the editor
by Neill, Kathleen M.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 107-111 Forensic anthropology and the concept of race: If races don't exist, why are forensic anthropologists so good at identifying them?
by Sauer, Norman J.
- 113-117 Forensic archaeology as mortuary anthropology
by Lovis, William A.
- 119-123 Racial identification in the context of prehistoric-historic biological continua: Examples from South Asia
by Kennedy, Kenneth A. R. & Chiment, John
- 125-128 Forensic diagnosis of race--General race vs specific populations
by Brues, Alice M.
- 129-139 Physicians and the state in the U.S.A. and Israel
by Yishai, Yael
- 141-149 Psychiatric diagnosis and racial bias: Empirical and interpretative approaches
by Littlewood, Roland
- 151-160 Ethnicity, morbidity and health service utilization in two labrador communities
by Neuwelt, Pat M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Hunter, Duncan J. W. & Batten, Jane
- 161-167 Child health outcomes among central American refugees and immigrants in Belize
by Moss, Nancy & Stone, Michael C. & Smith, Jason B.
- 169-182 Pursuing health for all in Britain--An assessment
by Rathwell, Tom
- 183-189 Elasticity of demand for water in Khartoum, Sudan
by Cairncross, Sandy & Kinnear, Joanne
- 191-198 Preventive health behavior among black and white women in urban and rural areas
by Duelberg, Sonia I.
- 199-212 Eosinophilic meningitis beyond the Pacific Basin: The global dispersal of a peridomestic zoonosis caused by angiostrongylus cantonensis, the nematode lungworm of rats
by Kliks, Michael M. & Palumbo, Nicholas E.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-9 Financing health services in Sub-Saharan Africa: Options for decision makers during adjustment
by Korte, R. & Richter, Heide & Merkle, F. & Görgen, H.
- 11-15 Effect of the Holocaust on coping with cancer
by Baider, Lea & Peretz, Tamar & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 17-24 Time and energy costs of distance in rural life space of Zimbabwe: Case study in the Chiduku Communal Area
by Mehretu, Assefa & Mutambirwa, Chris
- 25-32 Explanation of vigorous physical activity during two years using social learning variables
by Sallis, James F. & Hovell, Melbourne F. & Hofstetter, C.Richard & Barrington, Elizabeth
- 33-41 Is magnitude of co-payment effect related to income? Using census data for health services research
by Cherkin, Daniel C. & Grothaus, Louis & Wagner, Edward H.
- 43-48 Alcohol problems and sense of coherence among older adults
by Midanik, Lorraine T. & Soghikian, Krikor & Ransom, Laura J. & Polen, Michael R.
- 49-55 Prevalence of self-reported poor sleep in a healthy population aged 50-65
by Bliwise, Donald L. & King, Abby C. & Harris, Robin B. & Haskell, William L.
- 57-62 Medical specialists' choice of location: The role of geographical attachment in Norway
by Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø & Førde, Olav Helge
- 63-73 African women and AIDS: Negotiating behavioral change
by Ulin, Priscilla R.
- 75-88 Prostitutes and their clients: A Gambian survey
by Pickering, H. & Todd, J. & Dunn, D. & Pepin, J. & Wilkins, A.
- 89-96 Older widow mortality in rural Bangladesh
by Rahman, Omar & Foster, Andrew & Menken, Jane
- 97-102 Evaluation of a mobile branch surgery in a rural area
by Bentham, Graham & Haynes, Robin
1991, Volume 33, Issue 12
- 1315-1316 Anthropology of smoking : Introduction
by Willms, Dennis G. & Stebbins, Kenyon R.
- 1317-1326 Tobacco, politics and economics: Implications for global health
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 1327-1342 The second fatal impact: Cigarette smoking, chronic disease, and the epidemiological transition in Oceania
by Marshall, Mac
- 1343-1347 To smoke or not to smoke: A decision theory perspective
by Robbins, Michael C. & Kline, Annette
- 1349-1353 Starting to smoke in the navy: When, where and why
by Cronan, Terry A. & Conway, Terry L. & Kaszas, Suzanne L.
- 1355-1364 Sociocultural factors associated with smoking behavior by Puerto Rican adolescents in Boston
by McGraw, Sarah A. & Smith, Kevin W. & Schensul, Jean J. & Carrillo, J. Emilio
- 1365-1371 A new stage, a new life: Individual success in quitting smoking
by Willms, Dennis G.
- 1373-1377 A model for quality of life after laryngectomy
by Maas, Arne
- 1379-1383 Predictions of epidemiology and the evaluation of cancer control measures and the setting of policy priorities
by Hakulinen, Timo & Hakama, Matti
- 1385-1390 The application of Operational Research (OR) procedures to maternal mortality from puerperal sepsis in a rural community
by Adetoro, O. O. & Adeyemi, K. S. & Parakoyi, B. & Oni, A. & Akure, T. & Ogunbode, O.
- 1391-1397 Onset and duration of breast feeding among Israeli mothers: Relationships with smoking and type of delivery
by Mansbach, Ivonne Kleinfeld & Greenbaum, Charles W. & Sulkes, Jaqueline
- 1399-1407 Predictors of health in new mothers
by Gjerdingen, Dwenda K. & Debra, Froberg
1991, Volume 33, Issue 11
- 1221-1228 The reaction of private physicians to price deregulation in France
by Carrere, Marie-Odile
- 1229-1240 Self-reported symptom distress in cancer patients: Reflections of disease, illness or sickness?
by Tishelman, Carol & Taube, Adam & Sachs, Lisbeth
- 1241-1252 Exempting the poor: The experience of Thailand
by Mills, Anne
- 1253-1261 The impact of family presence on the physician-cancer patient interaction
by Labrecque, Mark S. & Blanchard, Christina G. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Blanchard, Edward B.
- 1263-1274 Prescription intentions in relation to therapeutic information: A study of 117 French general practitioners
by Cialdella, Ph. & Figon, G. & Haugh, M. C. & Boissel, J. -P.
- 1275-1280 Intellectual, social and nutritional status of children in an Ethiopian orphanage
by Aboud, Frances & Samuel, Mesfin & Hadera, Alem & Addus, Abdulaziz
- 1281-1286 Employment and low birth weight in black women
by Poerksen, Anja & Petitti, Diana B.
- 1287-1293 Knowledge and perceptions about aids among married women in Bangkok
by Shah, Iqbal & Thongthai, Varachai & Leoprapai, Boonlert & Mundigo, Axel I. & Prasartkul, Pramote & Chamratrithirong, Aphichat
- 1295-1302 Parental responses to consanguinity and genetic disease in Saudi Arabia
by Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 1303-1308 Reliability of questionnaire responses as compared with interview in the elderly: Views of the outcome of transurethral resection of the prostate
by Doll, Helen & McPherson, Klim & Davies, Jane & Flood, Ann & Smith, Joe & Williams, Grant & Ginzler, Maria & Petticrew, Mark & Black, Nick
- 1309-1312 Cigarette smoking and employment status
by Lee, Amanda J. & Crombie, Iain K. & Smith, William C. S. & Tunstall-Pedoe, Hugh D.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1101-1102 The household production of nutrition: Introduction
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H.
- 1103-1111 Development of a nutritionally adequate and culturally appropriate weaning food in Kwara State, Nigeria: An interdisciplinary approach
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Dickin, Katherine L. & Mebrahtu, Saba & Kayode, Bode & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Verzosa, Cecilia C. & Brown, Kenneth H. & Idowu, Joseph R.
- 1113-1126 Migration, cash cropping and subsistence agriculture: Relationships to household food expenditures in rural Mexico
by Kaiser, Lucia L. & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 1127-1133 Household-level strategies for protecting children from seasonal food scarcity
by Leonard, William R.
- 1135-1140 Household size, food intake and anthropometric status of school-age children in a highland Mexican area
by Pelto, Gretel H. & Urgello, Jocelyn & Allen, Lindsay H. & Chavez, Adolfo & Martinez, Homero & Meneses, Luzmaria & Capacchione, Constance & Backstrand, Jeffrey
- 1141-1154 Opening the box: Intrahousehold food allocation in rural Nepal
by Gittelsohn, Joel
- 1155-1162 Social disintegration and the spread of AIDS: Thresholds for propagation along 'sociogeographic' networks
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 1163-1170 International standards in medical education or national standards/primary health care--which direction?
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 1171-1178 Hostility and its association with behaviorally induced and somatic coronary risk indicators in finnish adolescents and young adults
by Räikkönen, Katri & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 1179-1187 Occupational stress and job satisfaction among physicians: Sex differences
by Richardsen, Astrid M. & Burke, Ronald J.
- 1189-1195 Social networks and longevity. A 14 year follow-up study among elderly in Denmark
by Olsen, Rolf Bang & Olsen, Jørn & Gunner-Svensson, Finn & Waldstrøm, Bodil
- 1197-1208 Roles, work, health perceptions and health resources of women: A study in an Egyptian delta hamlet
by Lane, Sandra D. & Meleis, Afaf I.
- 1209-1216 Sociodemographic and clinical factors affecting recognition of childhood diarrhea by mothers in Kwara State, Nigeria
by Cogswell, Mary E. & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Stallings, Rebecca Y. & Brown, Kenneth H.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 977-983 The prevention of HIV infection from injecting drug use--A review of health promotion approaches
by Nutbeam, Don & Blakey, Virginia & Pates, Richard
- 985-993 From development to sustained crisis: Structural adjustment, equity and health
by Kanji, Najmi & Kanji, Nazneen & Manji, Firoze
- 995-1004 Contradictions in the development of new hospices: A case study
by Clark, David
- 1005-1010 Four years of essential drugs' list in Nigeria
by Adikwu, Michael U. & Osondu, Benjamin O.
- 1011-1022 Self care: Japan and the U.S. compared
by Haug, Marie R. & Akiyama, Hiroko & Tryban, Georgeanna & Sonoda, Kyoichi & Wykle, May
- 1023-1028 Core-periphery differences in children's health and use of general practitioner services in Finland from 1964 to 1987
by Vuorinen, Heikki S. & Mäkelä, Matti & Tuomikoski, Hannu & Floman, Peter
- 1029-1036 Daily hassles and chronic strains: A hierarchy of stressors?
by Lepore, Stephen J. & Palsane, M.N. & Evans, Gary W.
- 1037-1051 A model of willingness to become a potential organ donor
by Horton, Raymond L. & Horton, Patricia J.
- 1053-1061 Doctors' willingness to intervene in patients' drug and alcohol problems
by Roche, Ann M. & Richard, Glenn P.
- 1063-1070 The effect of widowhood on health: A prospective analysis from the Massachusetts women's health study
by Avis, Nancy E. & Brambilla, Donald J. & Vass, Kerstin & McKinlay, John B.
- 1071-1080 Psychological sequelae of infertility treatment: The role of gender and sex-role identification
by Berg, Barbara J. & Wilson, John F. & Weingartner, Paul J.
- 1081-1089 Professional home care for the elderly: An application of the Andersen-Newman model in The Netherlands
by Kempen, G.I.J.M. & Suurmeijer, Th.P.B.M.
- 1091-1091 Letter to the editor
by McDonald, B. & Lee, Chooi N. & Jayanthi, V. & Probert, C.S.J. & Mayberry, J.F.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 865-866 Anthropology rediscovers sex : Introduction
by Lindenbaum, Shirley
- 867-874 Sex, culture and the anthropologist
by Tuzin, Donald
- 875-884 Anthropology rediscovers sexuality: A theoretical comment
by Vance, Carole S.
- 885-895 Sex and respectability in an age of fertility decline: A Sicilian case study
by Schneider, Jane & Schneider, Peter
- 897-907 Sexual ideology and experience in a Papua New Guinea society
by Leavitt, Stephen C.
- 909-923 Social psychology of the immune system: A conceptual framework and review of the literature
by Kaplan, Howard B.
- 925-936 The European health and behaviour survey: Rationale, methods and initial results from the United Kingdom
by Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew
- 937-946 Relationship between water quality and human health: A case study of the Linggi River Basin in Malaysia
by Lonergan, Stephen & Vansickle, Tracey
- 947-957 Finding meaning after the fall: Injury narratives from elderly hip fracture patients
by Borkan, Jeffrey M. & Quirk, Mark & Sullivan, Michael
- 959-962 Jidda: The traditional midwife of Yemen?
by Scheepers, Lidwien M.
- 963-966 Do prostitutes need more health education regarding sexually transmitted diseases and the HIV infection? Experience in a Belgian city
by Mak, Rudolf P. & Plum, Jean R.
- 967-971 The Amelia Stern syndrome: A diagnosis of a condition among female physicians?
by Geis, Robley Elizabeth & Jesilow, Paul & Geis, Gilbert
1991, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 749-763 Ethical, methodological and political issues of aids research in Central Africa
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
- 765-769 Geographical and socio-ecological variations of traffic accidents among children
by Joly, Marie-France & Foggin, Peter M. & Barry Pless, I.
- 771-783 Epidemiologists, social scientists, and the structure of medical research on aids in Africa
by Packard, Randall M. & Epstein, Paul
- 783-785 Comments
by Feldman, Douglas A.
- 785-786 Comments
by Kendall, Carl
- 786-790 Comments
by Minkin, Stephen F.
- 790-791 Comments
by Reining, Priscilla
- 791-793 Comments
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
- 793-794 Rejoinder
by Packard, Randall M. & Epstein, Paul
- 795-800 Effect of employment and its correlates on spontaneous abortion risk
by Bryant, Heather E. & Love, Edgar J.
- 801-806 Factors influencing the decision to rehabilitate: An initial comparison of rehabilitation candidates
by Evans, Ron L. & Haselkorn, Jodie K. & Bishop, Duane S. & Hendricks, Robert D.
- 807-813 Social support as a double-edged sword: The relation of positive and problematic support to depression among rheumatoid arthritis patients
by Revenson, Tracey A. & Schiaffino, Kathleen M. & Deborah Majerovitz, S. & Gibofsky, Allan
- 815-824 Emerging issues in health planning in Saudi Arabia: The effects of organization and development on the health care system
by Berhie, Girmay
- 825-834 Birth places: A geographical perspective on planned home birth in New Zealand
by Abel, Sally & Kearns, Robin A.
- 835-839 A comparison of selected health-related data from surveys of a general population and a sporting population
by Lamb, K. L. & Brodie, D. A. & Minten, J. H. & Roberts, K.
- 841-848 Epidemology and determinants of induced abortion in the U.S.S.R
by Remennick, Larissa I.
- 849-857 Components of stably high fertility in three areas of West Africa
by Ahonsi, Babatunde A.
- 859-862 The role of day care givers in the identification and prevention of infections
by Al-Qutob, Ra'eda & Na'was, Tarek & Mawajdeh, Salah
1991, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 637-645 The Islamic movement, development, and health education: Recent changes in the health of rural women in Central Sudan
by Gruenbaum, Ellen
- 647-653 Ethical decision making by family doctors in Canada, Britain and the United States
by Hoffmaster, C. Barry & Stewart, Moira A. & Christie, Ronald J.
- 655-659 Out of sight, out of mind--1. Emergent patterns of self-harm among aborigines of remote Australia
by Hunter, Ernest
- 661-671 Out of sight, out of mind--2. Social and historical contexts of self-harmful behaviour among aborigines of remote Australia
by Hunter, Ernest
- 673-680 From post-traumatic stress disorder to cultural bereavement: Diagnosis of Southeast Asian refugees
by Eisenbruch, Maurice
- 681-687 Charging for health care: Evidence on the utilisation of NHS prescribed drugs
by Ryan, Mandy & Birch, Stephen
- 689-700 Use of services in old age: Data from three surveys of elderly people
by Bowling, Ann & Farquhar, Morag & Browne, Peter
- 701-705 Mastitis among lactating women: Occurrence and risk factors
by Kaufmann, Rachel & Foxman, Betsy
- 707-716 Convergence and divergence: Assessing criteria of consumer satisfaction across general practice, dental and hospital care settings
by Williams, Simon J. & Calnan, Michael
- 717-721 Personal health practices and attitudes toward nonsmokers' legal rights in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Morimoto, Kanehisa
- 723-727 How should resources be reallocated between physicians and nurses in Africa and Latin America?
by Vargas-Lagos, Veronica
- 729-739 Coordinating community and public-institutional mental health services: Some unintended consequences
by White, Deena & Mercier, Céline
- 741-742 Beyond the anglophone world : Medical anthropology in the Netherlands
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 743-744 Censorship or bias: The conditions for critical medical sociology
by Holme Hansen, Ebba
1991, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 531-543 Efficiency in pathology laboratories: A survey of operations management in NHS bacteriology
by Szczepura, A.K.
- 545-557 On the measurement of inequalities in health
by Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 559-568 Caveat emptor or blissful ignorance? Patients and the consumerist ethos
by Lupton, Deborah & Donaldson, Cam & Lloyd, Peter
- 569-577 Accrual to cancer clinical trials: Directions from the research literature
by Gotay, Carolyn Cook
- 579-585 Work disability and the experience of pain and depression in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fifield, Judith & Reisine, Susan T. & Grady, Kathleen
- 587-596 Adverse effects of Benzodiazepines
by Gudex, C.
- 597-603 Occupational health and the environment in an urban slum in India
by Shukla, Abhay & Kumar, Satish & Öry, F.G.
- 605-611 Social support, disability and depression: A longitudinal study of rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Archer, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 613-620 Infant, neonatal, postneonatal and perinatal mortality in Spain, 1975-1984. Interregional and interannual differences
by Lardelli, Pablo & Masa, Josefa & Maderuelo, Angel & Delgado, Miguel & Gálvez, Ramón
- 621-626 Modifications of health behaviour in response to air pollution notifications in Copenhagen
by Skov, Torsten & Cordtz, Torben & Jensen, Lilli Kirkeskov & Saugman, Peter & Schmidt, Kirsten & Theilade, Peter
- 627-634 Comparison of influences on breastfeeding initiation of firstborn children, 1960-69 vs 1970-79
by Starbird, Ellen H.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 4
- ix-x Introduction
by Bentham, Graham & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew
- 339-346 Explanation in medical geography: Evidence and epistemology
by Bennett, David
- 347-353 'Scurvy' Lind's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 355-360 Health discrepancies in rural areas in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert
- 361-368 Inequalities in health and health service use: Evidence from the general household survey
by Haynes, Robin
- 369-379 Another day in paradise? Life on the margins in urban New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A. & Smith, Christopher J. & Abbott, Max W.
- 381-393 Depopulation of the Northern Plains Natives
by Decker, Jody F.
- 395-404 Problems and potential of researching epidemiological transition: Examples from Southeast Asia
by Phillips, David R.
- 405-414 The socio-cultural context of the transmission of HIV in Thailand
by Ford, Nicholas & Koetsawang, Suporn
- 415-421 Geographical variations of motor-vehicle injuries in Quebec, 1983-1988
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Joly, Marie-France & Rannou, André & Bussière, Yves & Bourbeau, Robert
- 423-428 Risk factor changes and mortality changes: A regional perspective on ischaemic heart disease in Norway 1966-1985
by Krüger, Øystein
- 429-434 Chernobyl fallout and perinatal mortality in England and Wales
by Bentham, Graham
- 435-440 Childhood leukaemia mortality and population change in England and Wales 1969-1973
by Langford, Ian
- 441-447 Psychosocial impacts in populations exposed to solid waste facilities
by Taylor, S.Martin & Elliott, Susan & Eyles, John & Frank, John & Haight, Murray & Streiner, David & Walter, Stephen & White, Norman & Willms, Dennis
- 449-458 Sterilization versus segregation: Control of the 'Feebleminded', 1900-1938
by Radford, John P.
- 459-470 Geographical implications of restricting foreign medical immigration: A New Zealand case study, 1976-1987
by Barnett, J.Ross
- 471-476 Substitution of primary care and specialist care: A regional analysis in Denmark
by Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 477-487 Trends in the spatial dimensions of the long term care delivery system. The case of New York State
by Evans, Marlene & Welge, Charles
- 489-500 A needs-based methodology for allocating health care resources in Ontario, Canada: Development and an application
by Eyles, J. & Birch, S. & Chambers, S. & Hurley, J. & Hutchison, B.
- 501-508 Ecological and individual effects in childhood immunisation uptake: A multi-level approach
by Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham & Clegg, Andrew
- 509-518 "I don't believe in needles": Qualitative aspects of a study into the uptake of infant immunisation in two english health authorities
by New, Suzanne J. & Senior, Martyn L.
- 519-530 The place of health in the health of place: The case of the Hokianga special medical area
by Kearns, Robin A.
- vii-vii Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1991, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 225-237 The production of health and the demand for health care in Finland
by Häkkinen, Unto
- 239-248 Concern about aids among hospital physicians, nurses and social workers
by Dworkin, Joan & Albrecht, Gary & Cooksey, Judith