Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
September 1996, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 775-782 Responsibilities and rights in the promotion of health: Differing positions of the individual and the state
by Bell, Nora Kizer
- 783-789 Health care: A social contract in transition
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 791-797 Health care reform and the labor market
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & López-Cervantes, Malaquías
- 799-808 The changing roles of health care personnel in health and health care management
by Hunter, David J.
- 809-822 The impact of globalization on the determination and management of ethical choices in the health arena
by Kalekin-Fishman, Devorah
- 823-835 Economic reform and health sector policy: Lessons from structural adjustment programs
by Peabody, John W.
- 837-848 Dava, Daktar, and Dua: Anthropology of practiced medicine in India
by Khare, R. S.
- 849-864 How religion influences morbidity and health: Reflections on natural history, salutogenesis and host resistance
by Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 865-872 Translating research findings into health policy
by Davis, Peter & Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 873-886 Urban violence and health--South Africa 1995
by Gilbert, Leah
- 887-888 Urban violence: Health consequences and costs
by Oloruntimehin, O.
- 889-900 Small wars and invisible genocides
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
August 1996, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 429-439 Symptoms and perceived severity of illness as predictive of treatment for diarrhea in six Asian and African sites
by Yoder, P. Stanley & Hornik, Robert C.
- 441-451 Growth status of homeless Nepali boys: Do they differ from rural and urban controls?
by Panter-brick, C. & Todd, A. & Baker, R.
- 453-458 Height and weight as a reflection of the nutritional situation of school-aged children working and living in the streets of Jakarta
by Gross, Rainer & Landfried, Britta & Herman, Susilowati
- 459-471 Education and the use of maternal health care in Thailand
by Raghupathy, Shobana
- 473-477 Tobacco control in a traditional Fijian village: Indigenous methods of smoking cessation and relapse prevention
by Groth-Marnat, Gary & Leslie, Simon & Renneker, Mark
- 479-488 The influence of male care givers on child health in rural Haiti
by Devin, Robin B. & Erickson, Pamela I.
- 489-502 A study of the geographical distribution of suicide rates in England and Wales 1989-1992 using empirical Bayes estimates
by Saunderson, Thomas R. & Langford, Ian H.
- 503-515 Sedentism and child health among rendille pastoralists of Northern Kenya
by Nathan, Martha A. & Fratkin, Elliot M. & Roth, Eric Abella
- 517-524 Stress, satisfaction and militancy among Canadian physicians: A longitudinal investigation
by Burke, Ronald J.
- 525-535 Staff security and work pressure: Contrasting patterns of stability and change across five dialysis units
by Alleyne, Sylvan & Reiss, David & Leonard, Kimberly Jeffries & Turner-Musa, Jocelyn & Wagner, Barry & Simmens, Sam & Holder, Barbara & Kimmel, Paul L. & Kobrin, Sidney & Cruz, Illuminado
- 537-542 Occupational handicap-free life expectancy in Bulgaria 1976-1992 based on the data of the Medical Expert Commissions
by Mutafova, Margareta & Van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Maleshkov, Christo
- 543-553 The social organization of nutritional inequities
by Travers, Kim D.
- 555-563 Meanings of community
by Jewkes, Rachel & Murcott, Anne
August 1996, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 281-290 Seasonal variations of household costs of illness in Burkina Faso
by Sauerborn, R. & Nougtara, A. & Hien, M. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 291-301 Household strategies to cope with the economic costs of illness
by Sauerborn, R. & Adams, A. & Hien, M.
- 303-314 Child protection or professional self-preservation by the baby nurses? Public health nurses and child protection in Ireland
by Butler, Shane
- 315-324 The simultaneous analysis of patient, physician and group practice influences on annual mammography performance
by Brown, Roger L. & Baumann, Linda J. & Helberg, Clay P. & Han, Youngshook & Fontana, Susan A. & Love, Richard R.
- 325-337 Transitions in cognitive status among the aged in Japan
by Liang, Jersey & Borawski-Clark, Elaine & Liu, Xian & Sugisawa, H.
- 339-352 AIDS, violence and behavioral coding: Information theory, risk behavior and dynamic process on core-group sociogeographic networks
by Wallace, Rodrick & Fullilove, Mindy Thompson & Flisher, Alan J.
- 353-366 Modelling space-time HIV/AIDS dynamics: Applications to disease control
by Thomas, Richard
- 367-377 Health lifestyle behaviour and socio-demographic characteristics. A study of Varna, Glasgow and Edinburgh
by Uitenbroek, Daan G. & Kerekovska, Albena & Festchieva, Nevijana
- 379-387 Mothers' lay models of the causes and treatment of fever
by Leiser, David & Doitsch, Eli & Meyer, Joachim
- 389-400 Addressing life style in primary health care
by Johanson, Marita & Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 401-408 Promoting the organ donor card: A causal model of persuasion effects
by Skumanich, Stephanie A. & Kintsfather, David P.
- 409-419 The spiritual dimension of hospice: The secularization of an ideal
by Bradshaw, Ann
- 421-423 A reexamination of "sociological and economic theories of suicide: A comparison of the U.S.A. and Taiwan"
by Chuang, Hwei-Lin & Huang, Wei-Chiao
July 1996, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 133-148 Community participation in HIV prevention: Problems and prospects for community-based strategies among female sex workers in Madras
by Asthana, Sheena & Oostvogels, Robert
- 149-161 Consumer perceptions of health care quality and the utilization of non-conventional therapy
by Dunfield, J. Fraser
- 163-171 Couples' adjustment to one partner's disability: The relationship between sense of coherence and adjustment
by Rena, Feigin & Moshe, Sherer & Abraham, Ohry
- 173-186 The influence of budget-holding on cost containment and work procedures in primary care clinics
by Gross, Revital & Nirel, Nurit & Boussidan, Shlomo & Zmora, Irit & Elhayany, Asher & Regev, Sigal
- 187-197 Low birthweight in a public prenatal care program: Behavioral and psychosocial risk factors and psychosocial intervention
by Zimmer-Gembeck, Melanie J. & Helfand, Mark
- 199-207 Traditional birth attendants in Mexico: Advantages and inadequacies of care for normal deliveries
by Camey, Xochitl Castañeda & Barrios, Cecilia García & Guerrero, Xóchitl Romero & Nuñez-Urquiza, Rosa María & Hernández, Dolores Gonzalez & Glass, Ana Langer
- 209-219 Maternal and non-maternal time-allocation to infant care, and care during infant illness in rural Java, Indonesia
by Gryboski, Kristina L.
- 221-234 Measuring public hospital costs: Empirical evidence from the Dominican Republic
by Lewis, Maureen A. & La Forgia, Gerald M. & Sulvetta, Margaret B.
- 235-242 Filariasis in northern Ghana: Some cultural beliefs and practices and their implications for disease control
by Gyapong, Margaret & Gyapong, John O. & Adjei, Sam & Vlassoff, Carol & Weiss, Mitchell
- 243-254 Smoking prevalence among women in the European Community 1950-1990
by Graham, Hilary
- 255-263 Female circumcision in southern Chad: Origins, meaning, and current practice
by Leonard, Lori
- 265-271 Creating a psychosocial measurement model from stressful life events
by Sheehan, T. Joseph
July 1996, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-11 Processing the tort deterrent signal: A qualitative study
by Hupert, Nathaniel & Lawthers, Ann G. & Brennan, Troyen A. & Peterson, Lynn M.
- 13-21 The healing significance of the Negev's Bedouin Dervish
by Al-Krenawi, Alean & Graham, John R. & Maoz, Benjamin
- 23-28 Attitudes and beliefs within the Sikh community regarding organ donation: A pilot study
by Exley, Catherine & Sim, Julius & Reid, Norma & Jackson, Simon & West, Nick
- 29-40 Lay theories of heroin addiction
by Furnham, Adrian & Thomson, Louise
- 41-49 Predictors of sense of competence in caregivers of demented persons
by Vernooij-Dassen, Myrra J. F. J. & Persoon, Jean M. G. & Felling, Albert J. A.
- 51-61 Life changes, locus of control and metabolic syndrome precursors in adolescents and young adults: A three-year follow-up
by Ravaja, Niklas & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Viikari, Jorma
- 63-70 Olfactory remediation: Current evidence and possible applications
by Martin, G. Neil
- 71-82 Integrated local health systems in Central America
by Barrett, Bruce
- 83-91 Race/ethnicity, the social environment, and health
by Lillie-Blanton, Marsha & Laveist, Thomas
- 93-99 Epidemiology and health policy--A world of difference? : A case-study of a cholera outbreak in Kaputa district, Zambia
by Van Bergen, J. E. A. M.
- 101-112 Geographical perspectives on bednet use and malaria transmission in the Gambia, West Africa
by Thomson, Madeleine & Connor, Stephen & Bennett, Steve & D'Alessandro, Umberto & Milligan, Paul & Aikins, Moses & Langerock, Patricia & Jawara, Musa & Greenwood, Brian
- 113-123 Marriage protection and marriage selection--Prospective evidence for reciprocal effects of marital status and health
by Waldron, Ingrid & Hughes, Mary Elizabeth & Brooks, Tracy L.
- 125-127 On the goals of medicine: A Chilean perspective
by Fernando, Lolas
June 1996, Volume 42, Issue 12
- 1-1 Genetics, reproductive technologies, euthanasia and the search for a new societal paradigm
by Somerville, Margaret A.
- 1609-1620 The 'limits' of medicalization?: Modern medicine and the lay populace in 'late' modernity
by Williams, Simon J. & Calnan, Michael
- 1621-1637 Gender, geography and socio-economic status in the diffusion of malignant melanoma risk
by Aase, Asbjørn & Bentham, Graham
- 1639-1650 Prospects, problems, and prerequisites for national health examination surveys in developing countries
by Fisher, Gail & Pappas, Gregory & Limb, Magdalena
- 1651-1659 Estimating the influence of health as a risk factor on unemployment: A survival analysis of employment durations for workers surveyed in the German Socio-Economic Panel (1984-1990)
by Arrow, J. O.
- 1661-1668 The costs and effectiveness of three vitamin A interventions in Guatemala
by Phillips, Margaret & Sanghvi, Tina & Suárez, Ruben & McKigney, John & Fiedler, John
- 1669-1680 Sounds of comfort in the trauma center: How nurses talk to patients in pain
by Proctor, Adele & Morse, Janice M. & Khonsari, Elizabeth Shirin
- 1681-1690 Chameleon voices: Interpreting for deaf parents
by Preston, Paul
- 1691-1701 Living with the mentally ill: Effects on the health and functioning of other household members
by Gallagher, Sally K. & Mechanic, David
- 1703-1719 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The intellectual foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1721-1734 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The political foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1735-1743 Hepatitis B epidemiology and cultural practices in Amerindian populations of Amazonia: The Tupí-Mondé and the Xavánte from Brazil
by Coimbra, Carlos E. A. & Santos, Ricardo V. & Yoshida, Clara F. Y. & Baptista, Márcia L. & Flowers, Nancy M. & Carlos, Antônio & Do Valle, F.
June 1996, Volume 42, Issue 11
- 1457-1464 The prevalence of pain in a disabled population
by Astin, Maureen & Lawton, Dot & Hirst, Michael
- 1465-1471 Post-traumatic responses to aerial bombing
by Somasundaram, Daya J.
- 1473-1481 Use of analgesics in Sweden--The importance of sociodemographic factors, physical fitness, health and health-related factors, and working conditions
by Antonov, Karolina & Isacson, Dag
- 1483-1491 Patient satisfaction and the elderly
by Owens, David J. & Batchelor, Claire
- 1493-1500 Community participation in health care: The Turkish case
by Tatar, Mehtap
- 1501-1510 Health care reforms in Bulgaria: An initial appraisal
by Borissov, Vesselin & Rathwell, Tom
- 1511-1519 Doctor-patient interactions in oncology
by Ford, Sarah & Fallowfield, Lesley & Lewis, Shôn
- 1521-1536 Donor insemination: The gifting and selling of semen
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M.
- 1537-1544 Social adjustment and spouse relationships among women with stress incontinence before and after surgical treatment
by Berglund, Anna-Lena & Eisemann, Martin & Lalos, Ann & Lalos, Othon
- 1545-1553 The at-risk health status and technology: A diagnostic invitation and the 'gift' of knowing
by Kenen, Regina H.
- 1555-1559 Aerobic exercise, subjective health and psychological well-being within age and gender subgroups
by Ransford, H. Edward & Palisi, Bartolomeo J.
- 1561-1567 The measurement of beliefs about physical symptoms in English general practice patients
by Salmon, Peter & Woloshynowych, Maria & Valor, Roland
- 1569-1575 Ethics and the police surgeon: Compromise or conflict?
by Kelly, Kathleen & Moon, Graham & Savage, Stephen P. & Bradshaw, Yvonne
- 1577-1588 Can licensed drug sellers contribute to safe motherhood? A survey of the treatment of pregnancy-related anaemia in Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Madden, Jeanne M. & Shrestha, Ananda D. & Karkee, Shiba B. & Das, Prabhakar L. & Pradhan, Yogendra M. S. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1589-1597 The Latin American trial of psychosocial support during pregnancy: Effects on mother's wellbeing and satisfaction
by Langer, Ana & Farnot, Ubaldo & Garcia, Cecilia & Barros, Fernando & Victora, Cesar & Belizan, Jose M. & Villar, Jose
- 1599-1604 Immunization coverage and child mortality in two rural districts of Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul
May 1996, Volume 42, Issue 10
- 1345-1349 Introduction
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
- 1351-1365 Psychosocial factors of coronary heart disease in women: A review
by Brezinka, Veronika & Kittel, France
- 1367-1379 Women, health and the environment
by Kettel, Bonnie
- 1381-1390 Maternal mortality and the problem of accessibility to obstetric care; the strategy of maternity waiting homes
by Figa'-Talamanca, Irene
- 1391-1400 Chinese village women as visual anthropologists: A participatory approach to reaching policymakers
by Wang, Caroline & Burris, Mary Ann & Ping, Xiang Yue
- 1401-1410 Lymphatic filariasis and the women of India
by Bandyopadhyay, Lalita
- 1411-1417 Working women's sexual risk taking in Jamaica
by Le Franc, Elsie & Wyatt, Gail Elizabeth & Chambers, Claudia & Eldemire, Denise & Bain, Brendan & Ricketts, Heather
- 1419-1425 Medical professional dominance and client dissatisfaction : A study of doctor-patient interaction and reported dissatisfaction with medical care among female patients at four hospitals in Trinidad and Tobago
by Phillips, Daphne
- 1427-1432 The provision of female sterilization in São Paulo, Brazil: A study among low income women
by Vieira, Elisabeth Meloni & Ford, Nicholas J.
- 1433-1446 Gender aspects and women's participation in the control and management of malaria in central Sudan
by A/Rahman, Samira Hamid & Mohamedani, Ahmed A. & Mirgani, Einas Mubarak & Ibrahim, Adil Mahgoub
- 1447-1456 The menopause: Women's psychology and health care
by Defey, Denise & Storch, Eduardo & Cardozo, Silvia & Díaz, Olga & Fernández, Graciela
May 1996, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1203-1216 Women's health: Dimensions and differentials
by Macran, Susan & Clarke, Lynda & Joshi, Heather
- 1217-1226 Psychosocial work environment in human service organizations: A conceptual analysis and development of the demand-control model
by Söderfeldt, Björn & Söderfeldt, Marie & Muntaner, Carles & O'Campo, Patricia & Warg, Lars-Erik & Ohlson, Carl-Göran
- 1227-1233 The diet-heart disease hypothesis: A response to Atrens
by Rieger, Elizabeth
- 1235-1246 Dynamics of participation in a community health project
by Kelly, K. J. & van Vlaenderen, H.
- 1247-1258 Doctors and the health industry: A case study of transcutaneous oxygen monitoring in neonatal intensive care
by Miké, Valerie & Krauss, Alfred N. & Ross, Gail S.
- 1259-1272 A cost-benefit analysis of voluntary routine HIV-antibody testing for hospital patients
by La Croix, Sumner J. & Russo, Gerard
- 1273-1281 A regional comparison of socioeconomic and health indices in a Canadian province
by Frohlich, Norman & Mustard, Cam
- 1283-1296 Social vs biological: Theories on the transmission of AIDS in Africa
by Hunt, Charles W.
- 1297-1311 The risky and protective motorcycling opinions and behaviours of young on-road motorcyclists in New Zealand
by Reeder, A. I. & Chalmers, D. J. & Langley, J. D.
- 1313-1323 Predictors of non-urgent utilization of hospital emergency services in Kuwait
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Jaafar, Behbehani
- 1325-1333 Notes on the socio-economic and cultural factors influencing the transmission of HIV in Botswana
by Macdonald, David S.
- 1343-1343 Letter to the editor
by Arai, Yumiko
- 1344-1344 Letter to the editor
by Lock, Margaret
April 1996, Volume 42, Issue 8
- 1117-1120 Inappropriate distribution of medicines by professionals in developing countries
by Trostle, James
- 1121-1128 Antibiotic use in a periurban community in Mexico: A household and drugstore survey
by Calva, Juan
- 1129-1131 Availability of over-the-counter drugs for arthritis in Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Ferraz, Marcos Bosi & Pereira, Ronaldo Borges & Paiva, Jose Gerardo A & Atra, Edgard & Santos, Jose Quirino Dos
- 1133-1139 Drug prescribing practices of general practitioners and paediatricians for childhood diarrhoea in Karachi, Pakistan
by Nizami, S. Q. & Khan, I. A. & Bhutta, Z. A.
- 1141-1153 Factors influencing physicians' prescribing behaviour in the treatment of childhood diarrhoea: Knowledge may not be the clue
by Paredes, Patricia & de la Peña, Manuela & Flores-Guerra, Enrique & Diaz, Judith & Trostle, James
- 1155-1161 Retail pharmacies in developing countries: A behavior and intervention framework
by Goel, P. & Ross-Degnan, D. & Berman, P. & Soumerai, S.
- 1163-1168 Small group intervention vs formal seminar for improving appropriate drug use
by Santoso, Budiono
- 1169-1176 Effect of training on the clinical management of malaria by medical assistants in Ghana
by Ofori-Adjei, David & Arhinful, Daniel K.
- 1177-1183 Interactional group discussion: Results of a controlled trial using a behavioral intervention to reduce the use of injections in public health facilities
by Hadiyono, Johana E. Prawitasari & Suryawati, Sri & Danu, Sulanto S. & Sunartono & Santoso, Budiono
- 1185-1194 Improving physician prescribing patterns to treat rhinopharyngitis. Intervention strategies in two health systems of Mexico
by Pérez-Cuevas, Ricardo & Guiscafré, Hector & Muñoz, Onofre & Reyes, Hortensia & Tomé, Patricia & Libreros, Vita & Gutiérrez, Gonzalo
- 1195-1202 Assessing the impact of a regulatory intervention in Pakistan
by Bhutta, Tariq Iqbal & Balchin, Cassandra
April 1996, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 965-974 The dynamics of professional commitment: Immigrant physicians from the former Soviet Union in Israel
by Shuval, Judith T. & Bernstein, Judith
- 975-983 Practice of in-vitro fertilization: A case study from Finland
by Silverio, Maili Malin & Hemminki, Elina
- 985-996 The creation of protection and hope in patients with malignant brain tumours
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 997-1010 Forecasting the AIDS epidemic in Puerto Rico
by Löytönen, Markku & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1011-1019 Regulatory actions to enhance appropriate drug use: The case of antidiarrhoeal drugs
by Haak, Hilbrand & Claeson, Mariam E.
- 1021-1025 Rationing health care: Views from general practice
by Ayres, Philip J.
- 1027-1037 An economic analysis of Chinese fertility behavior
by Liu, Gordon G. & Yamada, Tetsuji & Yamada, Ta-i
- 1039-1047 Exposure to missile attacks: The impact of the Persian Gulf War on physical health, health behaviours and psychological distress in high and low risk areas in Israel
by Soskolne, Varda & Baras, Mario & Palti, Hava & Epstein, Leon
- 1049-1055 Distributing scarce livers: The moral reasoning of the general public
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
- 1057-1067 Local terminology for febrile illnesses in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania and its impact on the design of a community-based malaria control programme
by Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lurie, M. & Lwihula, G. K. & Premji, Z. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J.
- 1069-1075 The impact on employment of an intervention to increase recognition of previously untreated anxiety among primary care physicians
by Yelin, Edward & Mathias, Susan D. & Buesching, Don P. & Rowland, Clayton & Calucin, Ruth Q. & Fifer, Sheila
- 1077-1084 Coping with additional stresses: Comparative study of healthy and cancer patient new immigrants
by Baider, Lea & Kaufman, Bella & Ever-Hadani, Penina & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 1085-1093 Age and health status in a patient satisfaction survey
by Cohen, G.
- 1095-1108 A triple burden for health sector reform: 'Post'-conflict rehabilitation in Uganda
by Macrae, Joanna & Zwi, Anthony B. & Gilson, Lucy
- 1113-1115 Letter to the editor
by Uzych, Leo
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 787-787 Foreword
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 789-790 Introduction
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 791-800 Daniel Drake's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 801-816 Defining localities for health planning: A GIS approach
by Bullen, Nina & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 817-830 Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 831-841 Establishing links between air quality and health: Searching for the impossible?
by Dunn, Christine & Kingham, Simon
- 843-855 Interactive spatial data analysis in medical geography
by Gatrell, A. C. & Bailey, T. C.
- 857-869 Analyzing perceived limiting long-term illness using U.K. census microdata
by Gould, Myles I. & Jones, Kelvyn
- 871-878 Alzheimer's disease: Preliminary study of spatial distribution at birth place
by Jean, H. & Emard, J. -F. & Thouez, J. -P. & Houde, L. & Robitaille, Y. & Mathieu, J. & Boily, C. & Daoud, N. & Beaudry, M. & Cholette, A. & Bouchard, R. & Veilleux, F. & Gauvreau, D.
- 879-885 The application of K-function analysis to the geographical distribution of road traffic accident outcomes in Norfolk, England
by Jones, Andrew P. & Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 887-896 Restructuring long-term care and the geography of ageing: A view from rural New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Chalmers, A. I. (Lex)
- 897-908 Regional variations in mortality rates in England and Wales: An analysis using multi-level modelling
by Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 909-922 The selection of needs indicators for regional resource allocation in the fields of health and social services in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert & Saucier, Alain & Berthiaume, Nicole & Ferland, Pierre & Couture, Régis & Caris, Patricia & Fortin, Lynda & Lacroix, Diane & Kirouac, René
- 923-935 Explaining urban-rural variations in health: A review of interactions between individual and environment
by Verheij, Robert A.
- 937-948 The development of Ontario's Home Care Program: A critical geographical analysis
by Williams, Allison M.
- 949-963 The household context for women's health care decisions: Impacts of U.K. policy changes
by Young, Ruth
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 639-641 Traditional reaction to modern stress
by Lee, Rance P. L.
- 643-649 Quality of care: A comparison of preferences between medical specialists and patients with chronic diseases
by van der Waal, Marieke A. E. & Casparie, Anton F. & Lako, Christiaan J.
- 651-659 The significance of children's age in estimating the effect of maternal time use on children's well-being
by Ricci, Judith A. & Jerome, Norge W. & Sirageldin, Ismail & Aly, Hekmat & Moussa, Wafaa & Galal, Osman & Harrison, Gail G. & Kirksey, Avanelle
- 661-670 Regulatory effects of health examination programs on medical expenditures for the elderly in Japan
by Matsuda, Shinya
- 671-679 Which resources pay for treatment? A model for estimating the informal economy of health
by Wallman, Sandra & Baker, Maia
- 681-689 Self-rated health and mortality in a Lithuanian and a Dutch population
by Appels, A. & Bosma, H. & Grabauskas, V. & Gostautas, A. & Sturmans, F.
- 691-703 Syringe-mediated drug sharing among injecting drug users: Patterns, social context and implications for transmission of blood-borne pathogens
by Grund, Jean-Paul C. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Stern, L. Synn & Jose, Benny & Neaigus, Alan & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 705-712 Variation in diagnoses: Influence of specialists' training on selecting and ranking relevant information in geriatric case vignettes
by Kalf, Annette J. H. & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 713-719 Health and a residential care population
by Segal, Steven P. & Vandervoort, Debra J. & Liese, Lawrence H.
- 721-731 Determinants of informal caregivers' satisfaction with services for dying cancer patients
by Fakhoury, Walid & McCarthy, Mark & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 733-743 A review of research on the nature and quality of HIV testing services: A proposal for process-based studies
by Beardsell, Susan & Coyle, Adrian
- 785-785 Letter to the editor
by Barzelatto, Jose
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 479-482 Abortion from a crosscultural perspective: An introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 483-494 The pregnancy that doesn't stay: The practice and perception of abortion by Ekiti Yoruba women
by Renne, Elisha P.
- 495-508 Abortion traditions in rural Jamaica
by Sobo, E. J.
- 509-519 Abortion policy and practice in Greece
by Georges, Eugenia
- 521-530 Women's perspectives on abortion in Romania
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Horga, Mihai & Andronache, Laurentia
- 531-542 Abortion in Turkey: A matter of state, family or individual decision
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 543-560 Abortion law and practice in China: An overview with comparisons to the United States
by Rigdon, Susan M.
- 561-563 Back pain and epidemiology review: The epidemiology and cost of back pain : Clinical Standards Advisory Group (Committee Chaired by Michael Rosen). Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1994. (Respectively 89pp. and 72pp. paperback, Â£14.00: ISBN 0-11-321887-7 and ISBN 0-11-321889-3)
by Troup, J. D. G.
- 565-578 Alcohol use among American Indian adolescents: The role of culture in pathological drinking
by O'Nell, Theresa D. & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 579-588 Demarcation and transformation within homoeopathic knowledge. A strategy of professionalization
by Cant, Sarah & Sharma, Ursula
- 589-597 Black/white differences in the relationship of maternal age to birthweight: A population-based test of the weathering hypothesis
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 599-608 Psychological distress among caregivers to heart transplant recipients
by Canning, Robert D. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Davidson, Suzanne
- 609-615 Inconsistency and health state valuations
by Dolan, Paul & Kind, Paul
- 617-624 Gender differences in health: Are things really as simple as they seem?
by Macintyre, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Sweeting, Helen
- 625-627 Letter to the editor
by Gürsoy, Akile
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 301-303 Human rights and health within the dominant paradigm
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 305-311 A note on the relationship between ex ante and expected willingness to pay for health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 313-324 Limitations of quantitative research in the study of structural adjustment
by Lundy, Patricia
- 325-338 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part I. Methods and descriptive data
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René
- 339-352 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part II. Statistical correlates
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René & Mock, Nancy
- 353-361 'Healing fictions': Stories of choosing in the aftermath of the detection of fetal anomalies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Jones, Linda Corson
- 363-377 A cross-national study of quality of life factors associated with patterns of elderly disablement
by Lamb, Vicki L.
- 379-388 The use of drug information sources by physicians: Development of a data-generating methodology
by Boerkamp, E. J. C. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M. & Reuyl, J. C. & Versluis, A.
- 389-398 Medication decision-making and management: A client-centered model
by Chewning, Betty & Sleath, Betsy
- 399-420 Areal and socioeconomic differentials in infant and child mortality in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 421-430 Innovations in acumoxa: Acupuncture analgesia, scalp and ear acupuncture in the People's Republic of China
by Hsu, Elisabeth
- 431-435 Importance of schistosomiasis in the Isoka district of Zambia: A prerequisite for its control using community participation
by Siziya, Seter & Mushanga, Martin
- 437-445 Acute respiratory infections--Mothers' perceptions of etiology and treatment in South-Western Nigeria
by Iyun, B. Folasade & Tomson, Göran
- 447-451 Carbon monoxide suicide from car exhausts
by Öström, Mats & Thorson, Jan & Eriksson, Anders
- 453-462 Origins and working conditions of female sex workers in urban Thailand: Consequences of social context for HIV transmission
by Wawer, Maria J. & Podhisita, Chai & Kanungsukkasem, Uraiwan & Pramualratana, Anthony & McNamara, Regina
- 463-469 Attitudes of pediatric nurses facing HIV risk
by Berkowitz, Nancy F. & Nuttall, Ronald L.