Social Science & Medicine
April 1995, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1073-1082 Psychological responses to war and atrocity: The limitations of current concepts
by Bracken, Patrick J. & Giller, Joan E. & Summerfield, Derek
- 1083-1089 Psychological distress, social support and social support seeking: A prospective study among primary mental health care patients
by Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth H. M. & Diekstra, RenéF. W. & Verschuur, Margot
- 1091-1098 Decentralization of health services in Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea: An attempt to administer health service at the subdistrict level
by Campos-Outcalt, Doug & Kewa, Kelly & Thomason, Jane
- 1099-1108 Psychosocial adaptation to disability and its investigation among persons with multiple sclerosis
by Antonak, Richard F. & Livneh, Hanoch
- 1109-1116 Usefulness of a nondashexperimental study design in the evaluation of service developments for infant feeding in a general hospital
by Bruce, Nigel & Griffioen, Anja
- 1117-1125 Improving skills and utilization of Community Health Volunteers in Nepal
by Curtale, Filippo & Siwakoti, Bhola & Lagrosa, Cecilia & LaRaja, Massimo & Guerra, Ranieri
- 1127-1132 Attributions for disability: The influence of genetic screening
by Marteau, Theresa M. & Drake, Harriet
- 1133-1139 The Solomuna Orphanage: A historical survey
by Wolff, Peter H. & Dawit, Yemani & Zere, Berhane
- 1141-1153 Home remedies and doctors' remedies in Feira (Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 1155-1160 Predictive factors of enrollment and adherence in a breast cancer screening program in Barcelona (Spain)
by Rodriguez, Carmen & Plasencia, Antoni & Schroeder, Dirk G.
- 1165-1165 In search of a contemporary theory for understanding mortality change
by Bulterys, Marc
April 1995, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 869-872 Overcoming ethnocentrism: How social science and medicine relate and should relate to one another
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 873-879 The effect of third-party payers on the clinical decision making of physical therapists
by Uili, Robin Moremen & Wood, Rosemary
- 881-894 Adolescent Psychiatry as a product of contemporary Anglo-American society
by Fabrega, Horacio & Miller, Barbara
- 895-901 An economic analysis of the resettlement of people with mild learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
by Dockrell, Julie E. & Gaskell, George D. & Normand, Charles & Rehman, Hamid
- 903-918 Doctor-patient communication: A review of the literature
by Ong, L. M. L. & de Haes, J. C. J. M. & Hoos, A. M. & Lammes, F. B.
- 919-930 A prepayment scheme for hospital care in the Masisi district in Zaire: A critical evaluation
by Noterman, Jean-Pierre & Criel, Bart & Kegels, Guy & Isu, Katulanya
- 931-943 Transforming AIDS prevention to meet women's needs: A focus on developing countries
by Heise, Lori L. & Elias, Christopher
- 945-953 'A bothersome death'--Narrative accounts of infant mortality in Cape Town, South Africa
by Lerer, Leonard B. & Butchart, Alexander & Blanche, Martin Terre
- 955-960 The psychosocial problems of sickle cell disease sufferers and their methods of coping
by Ohaeri, Jude U. & Shokunbi, Wuraola A. & Akinlade, Kehinde S. & Dare, Lola O.
- 961-975 Occupational life course and lung cancer risk in men. Findings from a socio-epidemiological analysis of job-changing histories in a case-control study
by Jahn, Ingeborg & Becker, Ute & Jöckel, Karl-Heinz & Pohlabeln, Hermann
- 977-988 Talking about the pain: A patient-centered study of low back pain in primary care
by Borkan, Jeffrey & Reis, Shmuel & Hermoni, Doron & Biderman, Aya
- 989-1001 Treatment of childhood diarrhea in rural Egypt
by Langsten, Ray & Hill, Kenneth
- 1003-1012 Under-users of antenatal care: A comparison of non-attenders and late attenders for antenatal care, with early attenders
by McCaw-Binns, Affette & La Grenade, Janet & Ashley, Deanna
- 1015-1015 Letter to the editor
by Morgan, Lynn M. & Browner, Carole
March 1995, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 727-730 Need: The idea won't do--But we still need it
by Culyer, A. J.
- 731-742 An organizational analysis of the World Health Organization: Narrowing the gap between promise and performance
by Peabody, John W.
- 743-753 Quality, cost and utilization of health services in developing countries. A longitudinal study in Zaïre
by Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre
- 755-765 Health care reforms in Russia: The example of St Petersburg
by Curtis, Sarah & Petukhova, Natasha & Taket, Ann
- 767-776 Preferences for outcomes in economic evaluation: An economic approach to addressing economic problems
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 777-787 Ethnicity, social class and health. A population-based study on the influence of social factors on self-reported illness in 223 Latin American refugees, 333 Finnish and 126 South European labour migrants and 841 Swedish controls
by Sundquist, Jan
- 789-797 The partner relationship in psychological response to breast cancer
by Pistrang, Nancy & Barker, Chris
- 799-810 The extent of support for ordinary living provided in staffed housing: The relationship between staffing levels, resident characteristics, staff:resident interactions and resident activity patterns
by Felce, David & Perry, Jonathan
- 811-814 Social support, marital status and living arrangement correlates of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the elderly
by Gliksman, M. D. & Lazarus, R. & Wilson, A. & Leeder, S. R.
- 815-824 The practice of Primary Health Care: A case study
by Walker, Liz
- 825-828 The interaction effect of bereavement and sex on the risk of suicide in the elderly: An historical cohort study
by Li, Guohua
- 829-835 Previous stress and acute psychological defence as predictors of perinatal grief--An exploratory study
by Hunfeld, J. A. M. & Wladimiroff, J. W. & Verhage, F. & Passchier, J.
- 837-846 Relationship of caregiver reactions and depression to cancer patients' symptoms, functional states and depression--A longitudinal view
by Kurtz, Margot E. & Kurtz, J. C. & Given, Charles W. & Given, Barbara
- 847-858 Neurodegenerative diseases and risk factors: A literature review
by Emard, Jean-François & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Gauvreau, Denis
- 859-865 Reports of the experience of epilepsy in a rural South African village
by McQueen, Alison H. & Swartz, Leslie
March 1995, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 577-579 De-institutionalization of psychiatric patients: Progress or abandonment?
by Krupinski, J.
- 581-587 Euthanasia: The role of good care
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 589-595 Dying at the best time
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 597-611 Male and female health problems in general practice: The differential impact of social position and social roles
by Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T. & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van den Bosch, Wil J. H. M. & van den Hoogen, Henk J. M.
- 613-621 From headloading to the iron horse: The unequal health consequences of railway construction and expansion in the Gold Coast, 1898-1929
by Tsey, Komla & Short, Stephanie D.
- 623-628 Maternal factors and child's health care use
by Watson, Jennifer M. & Kemper, Kathi J.
- 629-638 Lifecourse and lifestyle: The social and cultural location of health behaviours
by Backett, Kathryn C. & Davison, Charlie
- 639-647 How do economic status and social support influence survival after initial recovery from acute myocardial infarction?
by Greenwood, Darren & Packham, Christopher & Muir, Kenneth & Madeley, Richard
- 649-656 Concepts of disability: The activity space model
by Kopec, Jacek A.
- 657-667 Situation analyses of emergency obstetric care: Examples from eleven operations research projects in West Africa
by The Prevention of Maternal Mortality Network
- 669-678 Does affordability affect mental health utilization? A United States-Israel comparison of older adults
by Feinson, Marjorie Chary & Popper, Miriam
- 679-693 Child fostering and children's nutritional outcomes in rural Mali: The role of female status in directing child transfers
by Castle, Sarah E.
- 695-710 Management and health care reform in sub-Saharan Africa
by Gilson, Lucy
- 711-718 Prediction of attitudes towards restrictive aids policies: A structural equation modelling approach
by Kraft, Pål & Rise, Jostein
- 719-721 Explaining regional differences in suicide rates
by Lester, David
February 1995, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 419-424 Incentives can lower the incidence of HIV/AIDS in Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 425-429 Introduction
by Peeters, Ruud & Silva, Tudor & Lewis, Judy
- 431-436 Protective measure use and symptoms among agropesticide applicators in Sri Lanka
by Sivayoganathan, C. & Gnanachandran, S. & Lewis, J. & Fernando, M.
- 437-442 Health and social status of an elderly urban population in Sri Lanka
by Nugegoda, D. B. & Balasuriya, S.
- 443-449 First trimester feeding in a rural Sri Lankan population
by Wijekoon, Ananda S. B. & Thattil, Raphael O. & Schensul, Stephen L.
- 451-457 Heart specialists' art of care
by Specight, Joan D. & Blixt, Sonya L.
- 459-468 Researching public health: Behind the qualitative-quantitative methodological debate
by Baum, Frances
- 469-477 Heavy users of emergency services: Social construction of a policy problem
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 479-490 Quality of life of 125 adults surviving 6-18 years after bone marrow transplantation
by Bush, Nigel E. & Haberman, Mel & Donaldson, Gary & Sullivan, Keith M.
- 491-502 Why do women report 'sick building symptoms' more often than men?
by Stenberg, Berndt & Wall, Stig
- 503-515 The experience of an AIDS prevention program focused on South African traditional healers
by Green, Edward C. & Zokwe, Bongi & Dupree, John David
- 517-528 A problem solving intervention for caregivers of cancer patients
by Toseland, Ronald W. & Blanchard, Christina G. & McCallion, Philip
- 529-535 The strategy of risk approach in antenatal care: Evaluation of the referral compliance
by Dujardin, B. & Clarysse, G. & Criel, B. & De Brouwere, V. & Wangata, N.
- 537-543 Appearance-based information about coping with pain: Valid or biased?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas & Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Craig, Kenneth D.
- 545-555 Directiness and deference in pharmacy students' messages to physicians
by Lambert, Bruce L.
- 557-565 Role orientation and community pharmacists' participation in a project to improve patient care
by Pendergast, Jane F. & Kimberlin, Carole L. & Berardo, Donna H. & McKenzie, Lynda C.
- 567-571 Psychosocial and medical factors in pregnancy outcomes: A case study of Israeli women
by Hagoel, Lea & Van-Raalte, Riki & Kalekin-Fishman, Devorah & Shifroni, Galia & Epstein, Leon & Sorokin, Yoram
February 1995, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 281-284 The epidemiology of functional apartheid and human rights abuses
by Heggenhougen, H. K.
- 285-290 Medical anthropology and epidemiology: Divergences or convergences?
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 291-305 The risk epidemic in medical journals
by Skolbekken, John-Arne
- 307-320 Hidden geographies: The changing lifeworlds of women with multiple sclerosis
by Dyck, Isabel
- 321-329 Ecology and ethnomedicine: Exploring links between current environmental crisis and indigenous medical practices
by Anyinam, Charles
- 331-338 Health policy making: The Dutch experience
by de Leeuw, Evelyne & Polman, Loes
- 339-348 Lifestyle in primary health care discourse
by Johanson, Marita & Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 349-358 The influence of supply-related characteristics on general practitioners' workload
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 359-370 Who says yes? Identifying selection biases in a psychosocial intervention study of multiple sclerosis
by Schwartz, Carolyn E. & Fox, Bernard H.
- 371-377 Deviation from the carrying capacity for physicians and growth rate of physician supply: The Taiwan case
by Chiang, Tung-liang
- 379-392 Causes of delay in seeking treatment for heart attack symptoms
by Dracup, Kathleen & Moser, Debra K. & Eisenberg, Mickey & Meischke, Hendrika & Alonzo, Angelo A. & Braslow, Allan
- 393-407 Access to ambulatory care for American Indians and Alaska Natives; the relative importance of personal and community resources
by Cunningham, Peter J. & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
- 409-415 Psychosocial theory and the creation of the risky self
by Ogden, Jane
January 1995, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 141-146 Letters to Dr Frankenstein? Ethics and the new reproductive technologies
by ten Have, Henk
- 147-161 Social roles and physical health: The case of female disadvantage in poor countries
by Santow, Gigi
- 163-175 Family life and health in adolescence: A role for culture in the health inequalities debate
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick
- 177-188 Variations in poverty and health between slum settlements: Contradictory findings from Visakhapatnam, India
by Asthana, Sheena
- 189-197 Sickness absence for psychiatric illness: The Whitehall II study
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Feeney, Amanda & Head, Jenny & Canner, Robert & North, Fiona & Marmot, Michael
- 199-212 Women's employment, marriage, motherhood and mortality: A test of the multiple role and role accumulation hypotheses
by Martikainen, Pekka
- 213-221 What do general practitioners and their patients want from general practice and are they receiving it? A framework
by Buetow, Stephen A.
- 223-230 The spring peak in suicides: A cross-national analysis
by Chew, Kenneth S. Y. & McCleary, Richard
- 231-243 Content and predictors of consultation experiences among finnish primary care patients
by Punamäki, Raija-Leena & Kokko, Simo J.
- 245-251 Influences on sick building syndrome symptoms in three buildings
by Bachmann, Max O. & Myers, Jonathan E.
- 253-263 Infant mortality and mother's education in Ondo State, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayo
- 265-274 Suntanning and sun protection: A review of the psychological literature
by Arthey, Stephen & Clarke, Valerie A.
- 279-280 Letter to the editor
by Tafesse, Eskinder
January 1995, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-3 Overview: Guilt, blame and shame in sickness
by Finerman, Ruthbeth & Bennett, Linda A.
- 5-13 'Parental incompetence' and 'selective neglect': Blaming the victim in child survival
by Finerman, Ruthbeth
- 15-25 Accountability for alcoholism in American families
by Bennett, Linda A.
- 27-36 Stigma: The hidden burden of infertility
by Whiteford, Linda M. & Gonzalez, Lois
- 37-46 Individual or societal responsibility? Explanations of diabetes in an Anishinaabe (Ojibway) community
by Garro, Linda C.
- 47-53 The political economy of responsibility in health and illness
by Donahue, John M. & McGuire, Meredith B.
- 55-65 Meeting the changing health needs of women in developing countries
by Paolisso, Michael & Leslie, Joanne
- 67-76 Medical students' first-person narratives of a patient's story of AIDS
by Marshall, Patricia A. & O'Keefe, J. Paul
- 77-90 Reversals of fortune? Sex differences in health in childhood and adolescence
by Sweeting, Helen
- 91-103 Psychosocial correlates of drug use among Puerto Rican youth: Generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
- 105-115 Psychosocial stress, women and heart health: A critical review
by Elliott, Susan J.
- 117-124 Continuity and change in reproductive and abortion patterns of Soviet immigrants in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 125-130 Positive life orientation and recovery from myocardial infarction
by Agarwal, Manju & Dalal, A. K. & Agarwal, D. K. & Agarwal, R. K.
- 131-135 Factors affecting non-response to cervical cytology screening in Norfolk, England
by Bentham, Graham & Hinton, Jackie & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew & Bestwick, Chris
December 1994, Volume 39, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Place, space and health
by Picheral, Henri E.
- 1591-1603 Firm behavior in the U.S. market for factor VIII: A need for policy?
by Nauenberg, Eric & Sullivan, Sean D.
- 1605-1613 Social status and the health of families: A model
by Dressler, William W.
- 1615-1622 Sense of coherence, coping and caregiver role overload
by Gallagher, Timothy J. & Wagenfeld, Morton O. & Baro, Franz & Haepers, Kristien
- 1623-1632 QALYs, HYEs and individual preferences-- A graphical illustration
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 1633-1639 Household headship and child nutrition: A case study in Western Kenya
by Onyango, Adelheid & Tucker, Katherine & Eisemon, Thomas
- 1641-1647 Self-medication among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lam, Cindy L. K. & Catarivas, Martine G. & Munro, Clarke & Lauder, Ian J.
- 1649-1656 Sexual behaviour in Kenya: Implications for sexually transmitted disease transmission and control
by Moses, Stephen & Muia, Esther & Bradley, Janet E. & Nagelkerke, Nico J. D. & Ngugi, Elizabeth N. & Njeru, Erastus K. & Eldridge, Gloria & Olenja, Joyce & Wotton, Kay & Plummer, Francis A. & Brunham, Robert C.
- 1657-1665 Changes in active life expectancy in Taiwan: Compression or expansion?
by Tu, Edward Jow-Ching & Chen, Kuanjeng
- 1667-1673 Psychotropic drugs: Long-term use, dependency and the gender factor
by Ettorre, Elizabeth & Klaukka, Timo & Riska, Elianne
- 1675-1679 Stress disorders of families of the disappeared: A controlled study in Honduras
by Quirk, Gregory J. & Casco, Leonel
December 1994, Volume 39, Issue 11
- 1497-1499 The role of the European union in promoting healthy ageing
by Jamieson, Anne
- 1501-1508 The institutionalization of the good death
by McNamara, Beverley & Waddell, Charles & Colvin, Margaret
- 1509-1525 Agenda for an anthropology of pharmaceutical practice
by Nichter, Mark & Vuckovic, Nancy
- 1527-1535 The relationship of alcohol use to sexual activity in a U.S. national sample
by Leigh, Barbara C. & Temple, Mark T. & Trocki, Karen F.
- 1537-1544 Test-retest reliability of health state valuations collected with the EuroQol questionnaire
by van Agt, Heleen M. E. & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & Krabbe, Paul F. M. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 1545-1554 Perceptions of menopause in northeast Thailand: Contested meaning and practice
by Chirawatkul, Siriporn & Manderson, Lenore
- 1555-1563 Psychological well-being of gay men with AIDS: Contribution of positve and negative illness-related network interactions to depressive mood
by Siegel, Karolynn & Raveis, Victoria H. & Karus, Daniel
- 1565-1578 HIV prevention education for lesbians and bisexual women: A cultural analysis of a community intervention
by Stevens, Patricia E.
- 1579-1584 A Dutch view of medical anthropology: Criticisms and suggestions
by Maretzki, Thomas W.
- 1585-1586 Behavioural change amongst drug injectors in Scottish prisons
by Shewan, D. & Gemmell, M. & Davies, J. B.
November 1994, Volume 39, Issue 10
- 1405-1412 Forming and reforming the market for third-party purchasing of health care
by van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T. & Rutten, Frans F.H.
- 1413-1424 On the ideal market structure for third-party purchasing of health care
by Enthoven, Alain C.
- 1425-1432 Forming the system of health insurance in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 1433-1445 Can competition enhance efficiency in health care? Lessons from the reform of the U.K. National Health Service
by Maynard, Alan
- 1447-1457 Reforming the Israeli health care market
by Chinitz, David P.
- 1459-1472 Should catastrophic risks be included in a regulated competitive health insurance market?
by van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T.
- 1473-1481 Forming and reforming the market for third-party purchasing of health care: A German perspective
by von der Schulenburg, J.-Matthias Graf
- 1483-1495 The role of the sickness funds in the Belgian health care market
by Nonneman, Walter & van Doorslaer, Eddy
November 1994, Volume 39, Issue 9
- 1125-1131 Beyond the orthodox: Heresy in medicine and social science
by Gillett, Grant
- 1133-1148 The dynamics of heresy in a profession
by Wolpe, Paul Root
- 1149-1154 The cultural and philosophical foundations of normative medical ethics
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 1155-1164 The forms and limits of medical ethics
by Hoffmaster, Barry
- 1165-1179 Violence against women: A neglected public health issue in less developed countries
by Heise, Lori L. & Raikes, Alanagh & Watts, Charlotte H. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1181-1188 Domestic violence--An emerging health issue
by Kornblit, Ana Lia
- 1189-1201 Efficiency and equity implications of the health care reforms
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 1203-1210 Equity and efficiency in health reform. A European view
by VÅgerö, Denny
- 1211-1220 The sociology of entrenchment: A cystic fibrosis test for everyone?
by Koch, Lene & Stemerding, Dirk
- 1221-1227 Mapping the human genome--Friend or foe?
by McLean, Sheila A. M.
- 1229-1235 Ethnological studies of medical sciences
by MacCormack, Carol
- 1237-1247 Gender inequalities of health in the third world
by Okojie, Christiana E. E.
- 1249-1259 Gender inequalities in health in the third world: Uncharted ground
by Vlassoff, Carol
- 1261-1274 Health and human rights: The challenge for developing countries
by Dujardin, Bruno
- 1275-1286 Drugs, sex and social science: Social science research and health policy in Australia
by Manderson, Lenore
- 1287-1293 The impact of social science research on health policy
by Orosz, Eva
- 1295-1302 Policy implications of differential health status in East and West Europe. The case of Hungary
by Makara, Peter
- 1303-1314 From population control to reproductive health: An emerging policy agenda
by Lane, Sandra D.
- 1315-1321 The role of the state in health systems
by Belmartino, Susana
- 1323-1338 The social impact of aging populations: Some major issues
by Restrepo, Helena E. & Rozental, Manuel
- 1339-1358 Stigmatization, scapegoating and discrimination in sexually transmitted diseases: Overcoming 'them' and 'us'
by Gilmore, Norbert & Somerville, Margaret A.
- 1359-1366 Stigmatization and AIDS: Critical issues in public health
by Goldin, Carol S.
- 1367-1373 Social science education as a component of medical training
by MacLeod, S. M. & McCullough, H. N.
- 1375-1384 Health delivery standards: Vested interests in health planning
by Mburu, F. M.
- 1385-1393 Planning in the health sector: For whom, by whom?
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 1395-1403 What is needed to claim adequacy in health services?
by Falck, Hans S.
October 1994, Volume 39, Issue 8
- 1011-1014 Experimental treatment, values and rationing
by Lie, Reidar K.
- 1015-1025 Contradictions in women's health care provision: A case study of attendance for breast cancer screening
by Ross, Nancy A. & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Pross, Diane C. & Bass, Brenda
- 1027-1035 Primary health care in Zimbabwe: Can it survive?: An exploration of the political and historical developments affecting the implementation of PHC
by Woelk, Godfrey B.
- 1037-1050 Patterns of class inequality in health through the lifespan: Class gradients at 15, 35 and 55 years in the west of Scotland
by Ford, Graeme & Ecob, Russell & Hunt, Kate & Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 1051-1062 Will AIDS be contained within U.S. minority urban populations?
by Wallace, Rodrick & Fullilove, Mindy & Fullilove, Robert & Gould, Peter & Wallace, Deborah
- 1063-1068 Perceptions and treatment of intestinal worms in rural Bangladesh: Local differences in knowledge and behaviour
by Rousham, E.K.
- 1069-1076 A comparative study of patient satisfaction with health care in Japan and the United States
by Kurata, John H. & Watanabe, Yoshiyuki & McBride, Christine & Kawai, Keiichi & Andersen, Ronald
- 1077-1082 Traditional uvulectomy in Niger: A public health problem?
by Prual, Alain & Gamatie, Youssouf & Djakounda, Mariama & Huguet, Dominique
- 1083-1091 Health or healthy: Why people are not sick in a Southern Ontarian town
by Litva, Andrea & Eyles, John
- 1093-1104 Psychosocial effects of PCB contamination and remediation: The case of Smithville, Ontario
by Dunn, James R. & Taylor, S.Martin & Elliott, Susan J. & Walter, Stephen D.
- 1105-1115 User charges for rural health services in Papua New Guinea
by Thomason, Jane & Mulou, Navy & Bass, Caroline
- 1121-1121 Letter to the editor
by George, Sabu M.
October 1994, Volume 39, Issue 7
- 883-885 Whither community health workers in the age of structural adjustment?
by Mburu, F.M.
- 887-903 Epidemiology and the web of causation: Has anyone seen the spider?
by Krieger, Nancy
- 905-917 The social impact of HIV/AIDS in developing countries
by Danziger, Renee
- 919-929 AIDS and women in Brazil: The emerging problem
by Goldstein, Donna M.
- 931-948 Aids and the health crisis of the U.S. urban poor; the perspective of critical medical anthropology
by Singer, Merrill
- 949-954 Subject, project or self? Thoughts on ethical dilemmas for social and medical researchers
by Batchelor, Jane A. & Briggs, Catherine M.
- 955-965 Multi-dimensional interaction analysis: A collaborative approach to the study of medical discourse
by Charon, Rita & Greene, Michele G. & Adelman, Ronald D.
- 967-981 The end of the second most expensive health care system in the world: Some geographical implications
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & James, Amanda
- 983-990 Self-rated health revisited: Exploring survey interview episodes with elderly respondents
by Jylhä, Marja
- 991-1003 An essay:: AIDS and the social body
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 1009-1009 Letter to the editor
by Fieldman, Ernest H.
September 1994, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 755-756 The social responsibility of social scientists
by Mutatkar, R.K.
- 757-766 Poisoned landscapes: The epidemiology of environmental lead exposure in Massachusetts children 1990-1991
by Bailey, Adrian J. & Sargent, James D. & Goodman, David C. & Freeman, Jean & Brown, Mary Jean
- 767-780 Community satisfaction with primary health care services: An evaluation undertaken in the Morogoro region of Tanzania
by Gilson, Lucy & Alilio, Martin & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 781-787 Interpersonal conflict and physical violence during the childbearing year
by Gielen, Andrea Carlson & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Faden, Ruth R. & Kass, Nancy E. & Xue, Xiaonan
- 789-796 Consequences of mental distress recognition in general practice in Italy: A follow-up study
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Laviola, Franca & Sternai, Elena & Terzian, Emanuela & Tognoni, Gianni
- 797-806 Reported and actual prescription of oral rehydration therapy for childhood diarrhoeas by retail pharmacists in Nigeria
by Igun, U.A.
- 807-813 Endemic fluorosis: An analysis of needs and possibilities based on case studies in Kenya
by Mwaniki, D.L. & Courtney, J.M. & Gaylor, J.D.
- 815-822 Urban-rural and regional differences in infant mortality in Taiwan
by Knöbel, Harald H. & Yang, Wen-Shan & Ho, Mei-Shang
- 823-831 Indirect estimates of 'hidden' populations: Capture-recapture methods to estimate the numbers of heroin users in the Australian capital territory
by Larson, Ann & Stevens, Adele & Wardlaw, Grant
- 833-840 A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down? Perspectives on the use of sugar in children's medicines
by Manley, M.C.G. & Calnan, M. & Sheiham, A.