Subjective unmet need and utilization of health care services in Canada: What are the equity implications?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Connie Holmes & Park, Jungwee, 2006. "The nature and correlates of unmet health care needs in Ontario, Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(9), pages 2291-2300, May.
- Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer & Adam Wagstaff & Magnus Lindelow, 2008. "Analyzing Health Equity Using Household Survey Data : A Guide to Techniques and Their Implementation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6896.
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Prejudice, clinical uncertainty and stereotyping as sources of health disparities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Westin, Marcus & Ahs, Annika & Brand Persson, Kristina & Westerling, Ragnar, 2004. "A large proportion of Swedish citizens refrain from seeking medical care--lack of confidence in the medical services a plausible explanation?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 333-344, June.
- Dolores Jiménez-Rubio & Peter C. Smith & Eddy Van Doorslaer, 2008. "Equity in health and health care in a decentralised context: evidence from Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 377-392.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Cristina Masseria, 2004. "Income-Related Inequality in the Use of Medical Care in 21 OECD Countries," OECD Health Working Papers 14, OECD Publishing.
- Litaker, David & Love, Thomas Ezra, 2005. "Health care resource allocation and individuals' health care needs: examining the degree of fit," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 183-193, August.
- Ahs, Annika Maria Helen & Westerling, Ragnar, 2006. "Health care utilization among persons who are unemployed or outside the labour force," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(2-3), pages 178-193, October.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2004:94:5:783-789_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2001. "Statistical discrimination in health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-907, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:3:341-344_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Connolly, Sheelah & Wren, Maev-Ann, 2017. "Unmet healthcare needs in Ireland: Analysis using the EU-SILC survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(4), pages 434-441.
- Röttger, Julia & Blümel, Miriam & Köppen, Julia & Busse, Reinhard, 2016. "Forgone care among chronically ill patients in Germany—Results from a cross-sectional survey with 15,565 individuals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 170-178.
- Maria Jose Aragon Aragon & Martin Chalkley & Maria Goddard, 2017. "Defining and measuring unmet need to guide healthcare funding:identifying and filling the gaps," Working Papers 141cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Fiorillo, Damiano, 2017. "Reasons for unmet needs for health care: the role of social capital and social support in some Western EU countries," MPRA Paper 82680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hana Bataineh & Rose Anne Devlin & Vicky Barham, 2018. "Does unmet health care lead to poorer health outcomes?," Working Papers 1803E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- García-Gómez, Pilar & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores & Oliva-Moreno, Juan, 2015.
"Inequity in long-term care use and unmet need: Two sides of the same coin,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 147-158.
- Garcia-Gomez, P. & Hernandez-Quevedo, C. & Jimenez-Rubio, D. & Oliva, J., 2014. "Inequity in long-term care use and unmet need: two sides of the same coin," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- García-Gómez, Pilar & Hernandez-Quevedo, Christina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores & Oliva, Juan, 2014. "Inequity in long-term care use and unmet need: two sides of the same coin," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55429, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- García-Gómez, Pilar & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores & Oliva-Moreno, Juan, 2015. "Inequity in long-term care use and unmet need: two sides of the same coin," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60789, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dourgnon, Paul, 2013. "Evaluation des politiques publiques et inégalités sociales d'accès aux services de santé," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/12221 edited by Wittwer, Jérôme, March.
- Ko, Hansoo, 2016. "Unmet healthcare needs and health status: Panel evidence from Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(6), pages 646-653.
- Garcia-Subirats, Irene & Vargas, Ingrid & Mogollón-Pérez, Amparo Susana & De Paepe, Pierre & da Silva, Maria Rejane Ferreira & Unger, Jean Pierre & Vázquez, María Luisa, 2014. "Barriers in access to healthcare in countries with different health systems. A cross-sectional study in municipalities of central Colombia and north-eastern Brazil," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 204-213.
- Vicky Barham & Hana Bataineh & Rose Anne Devlin, 2017. "Unmet Health Care and Health Care Utilization," Working Papers 1716E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Ventelou, Bruno, 2011. "Measuring and decomposing socioeconomic inequality in healthcare delivery: A microsimulation approach with application to the Palestinian conflict-affected fragile setting," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 133-141, January.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:135:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1483-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brackbill, Robert M. & Stellman, Steven D. & Perlman, Sharon E. & Walker, Deborah J. & Farfel, Mark R., 2013. "Mental health of those directly exposed to the World Trade Center disaster: Unmet mental health care need, mental health treatment service use, and quality of life," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 110-114.
- Kim, Tae Jun & Vonneilich, Nico & Lüdecke, Daniel & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf, 2017. "Income, financial barriers to health care and public health expenditure: A multilevel analysis of 28 countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 158-165.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada Unmet need Health care utilization Equity Access barriers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:70:y:2010:i:3:p:465-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .