Social Science & Medicine
June 1996, Volume 42, Issue 12
- 1669-1680 Sounds of comfort in the trauma center: How nurses talk to patients in pain
by Proctor, Adele & Morse, Janice M. & Khonsari, Elizabeth Shirin
- 1681-1690 Chameleon voices: Interpreting for deaf parents
by Preston, Paul
- 1691-1701 Living with the mentally ill: Effects on the health and functioning of other household members
by Gallagher, Sally K. & Mechanic, David
- 1703-1719 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The intellectual foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1721-1734 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The political foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1735-1743 Hepatitis B epidemiology and cultural practices in Amerindian populations of Amazonia: The Tupí-Mondé and the Xavánte from Brazil
by Coimbra, Carlos E. A. & Santos, Ricardo V. & Yoshida, Clara F. Y. & Baptista, Márcia L. & Flowers, Nancy M. & Carlos, Antônio & Do Valle, F.
June 1996, Volume 42, Issue 11
- 1457-1464 The prevalence of pain in a disabled population
by Astin, Maureen & Lawton, Dot & Hirst, Michael
- 1465-1471 Post-traumatic responses to aerial bombing
by Somasundaram, Daya J.
- 1473-1481 Use of analgesics in Sweden--The importance of sociodemographic factors, physical fitness, health and health-related factors, and working conditions
by Antonov, Karolina & Isacson, Dag
- 1483-1491 Patient satisfaction and the elderly
by Owens, David J. & Batchelor, Claire
- 1493-1500 Community participation in health care: The Turkish case
by Tatar, Mehtap
- 1501-1510 Health care reforms in Bulgaria: An initial appraisal
by Borissov, Vesselin & Rathwell, Tom
- 1511-1519 Doctor-patient interactions in oncology
by Ford, Sarah & Fallowfield, Lesley & Lewis, Shôn
- 1521-1536 Donor insemination: The gifting and selling of semen
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M.
- 1537-1544 Social adjustment and spouse relationships among women with stress incontinence before and after surgical treatment
by Berglund, Anna-Lena & Eisemann, Martin & Lalos, Ann & Lalos, Othon
- 1545-1553 The at-risk health status and technology: A diagnostic invitation and the 'gift' of knowing
by Kenen, Regina H.
- 1555-1559 Aerobic exercise, subjective health and psychological well-being within age and gender subgroups
by Ransford, H. Edward & Palisi, Bartolomeo J.
- 1561-1567 The measurement of beliefs about physical symptoms in English general practice patients
by Salmon, Peter & Woloshynowych, Maria & Valor, Roland
- 1569-1575 Ethics and the police surgeon: Compromise or conflict?
by Kelly, Kathleen & Moon, Graham & Savage, Stephen P. & Bradshaw, Yvonne
- 1577-1588 Can licensed drug sellers contribute to safe motherhood? A survey of the treatment of pregnancy-related anaemia in Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Madden, Jeanne M. & Shrestha, Ananda D. & Karkee, Shiba B. & Das, Prabhakar L. & Pradhan, Yogendra M. S. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1589-1597 The Latin American trial of psychosocial support during pregnancy: Effects on mother's wellbeing and satisfaction
by Langer, Ana & Farnot, Ubaldo & Garcia, Cecilia & Barros, Fernando & Victora, Cesar & Belizan, Jose M. & Villar, Jose
- 1599-1604 Immunization coverage and child mortality in two rural districts of Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul
May 1996, Volume 42, Issue 10
- 1345-1349 Introduction
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
- 1351-1365 Psychosocial factors of coronary heart disease in women: A review
by Brezinka, Veronika & Kittel, France
- 1367-1379 Women, health and the environment
by Kettel, Bonnie
- 1381-1390 Maternal mortality and the problem of accessibility to obstetric care; the strategy of maternity waiting homes
by Figa'-Talamanca, Irene
- 1391-1400 Chinese village women as visual anthropologists: A participatory approach to reaching policymakers
by Wang, Caroline & Burris, Mary Ann & Ping, Xiang Yue
- 1401-1410 Lymphatic filariasis and the women of India
by Bandyopadhyay, Lalita
- 1411-1417 Working women's sexual risk taking in Jamaica
by Le Franc, Elsie & Wyatt, Gail Elizabeth & Chambers, Claudia & Eldemire, Denise & Bain, Brendan & Ricketts, Heather
- 1419-1425 Medical professional dominance and client dissatisfaction : A study of doctor-patient interaction and reported dissatisfaction with medical care among female patients at four hospitals in Trinidad and Tobago
by Phillips, Daphne
- 1427-1432 The provision of female sterilization in São Paulo, Brazil: A study among low income women
by Vieira, Elisabeth Meloni & Ford, Nicholas J.
- 1433-1446 Gender aspects and women's participation in the control and management of malaria in central Sudan
by A/Rahman, Samira Hamid & Mohamedani, Ahmed A. & Mirgani, Einas Mubarak & Ibrahim, Adil Mahgoub
- 1447-1456 The menopause: Women's psychology and health care
by Defey, Denise & Storch, Eduardo & Cardozo, Silvia & Díaz, Olga & Fernández, Graciela
May 1996, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1203-1216 Women's health: Dimensions and differentials
by Macran, Susan & Clarke, Lynda & Joshi, Heather
- 1217-1226 Psychosocial work environment in human service organizations: A conceptual analysis and development of the demand-control model
by Söderfeldt, Björn & Söderfeldt, Marie & Muntaner, Carles & O'Campo, Patricia & Warg, Lars-Erik & Ohlson, Carl-Göran
- 1227-1233 The diet-heart disease hypothesis: A response to Atrens
by Rieger, Elizabeth
- 1235-1246 Dynamics of participation in a community health project
by Kelly, K. J. & van Vlaenderen, H.
- 1247-1258 Doctors and the health industry: A case study of transcutaneous oxygen monitoring in neonatal intensive care
by Miké, Valerie & Krauss, Alfred N. & Ross, Gail S.
- 1259-1272 A cost-benefit analysis of voluntary routine HIV-antibody testing for hospital patients
by La Croix, Sumner J. & Russo, Gerard
- 1273-1281 A regional comparison of socioeconomic and health indices in a Canadian province
by Frohlich, Norman & Mustard, Cam
- 1283-1296 Social vs biological: Theories on the transmission of AIDS in Africa
by Hunt, Charles W.
- 1297-1311 The risky and protective motorcycling opinions and behaviours of young on-road motorcyclists in New Zealand
by Reeder, A. I. & Chalmers, D. J. & Langley, J. D.
- 1313-1323 Predictors of non-urgent utilization of hospital emergency services in Kuwait
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Jaafar, Behbehani
- 1325-1333 Notes on the socio-economic and cultural factors influencing the transmission of HIV in Botswana
by Macdonald, David S.
- 1343-1343 Letter to the editor
by Arai, Yumiko
- 1344-1344 Letter to the editor
by Lock, Margaret
April 1996, Volume 42, Issue 8
- 1117-1120 Inappropriate distribution of medicines by professionals in developing countries
by Trostle, James
- 1121-1128 Antibiotic use in a periurban community in Mexico: A household and drugstore survey
by Calva, Juan
- 1129-1131 Availability of over-the-counter drugs for arthritis in Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Ferraz, Marcos Bosi & Pereira, Ronaldo Borges & Paiva, Jose Gerardo A & Atra, Edgard & Santos, Jose Quirino Dos
- 1133-1139 Drug prescribing practices of general practitioners and paediatricians for childhood diarrhoea in Karachi, Pakistan
by Nizami, S. Q. & Khan, I. A. & Bhutta, Z. A.
- 1141-1153 Factors influencing physicians' prescribing behaviour in the treatment of childhood diarrhoea: Knowledge may not be the clue
by Paredes, Patricia & de la Peña, Manuela & Flores-Guerra, Enrique & Diaz, Judith & Trostle, James
- 1155-1161 Retail pharmacies in developing countries: A behavior and intervention framework
by Goel, P. & Ross-Degnan, D. & Berman, P. & Soumerai, S.
- 1163-1168 Small group intervention vs formal seminar for improving appropriate drug use
by Santoso, Budiono
- 1169-1176 Effect of training on the clinical management of malaria by medical assistants in Ghana
by Ofori-Adjei, David & Arhinful, Daniel K.
- 1177-1183 Interactional group discussion: Results of a controlled trial using a behavioral intervention to reduce the use of injections in public health facilities
by Hadiyono, Johana E. Prawitasari & Suryawati, Sri & Danu, Sulanto S. & Sunartono & Santoso, Budiono
- 1185-1194 Improving physician prescribing patterns to treat rhinopharyngitis. Intervention strategies in two health systems of Mexico
by Pérez-Cuevas, Ricardo & Guiscafré, Hector & Muñoz, Onofre & Reyes, Hortensia & Tomé, Patricia & Libreros, Vita & Gutiérrez, Gonzalo
- 1195-1202 Assessing the impact of a regulatory intervention in Pakistan
by Bhutta, Tariq Iqbal & Balchin, Cassandra
April 1996, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 965-974 The dynamics of professional commitment: Immigrant physicians from the former Soviet Union in Israel
by Shuval, Judith T. & Bernstein, Judith
- 975-983 Practice of in-vitro fertilization: A case study from Finland
by Silverio, Maili Malin & Hemminki, Elina
- 985-996 The creation of protection and hope in patients with malignant brain tumours
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 997-1010 Forecasting the AIDS epidemic in Puerto Rico
by Löytönen, Markku & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1011-1019 Regulatory actions to enhance appropriate drug use: The case of antidiarrhoeal drugs
by Haak, Hilbrand & Claeson, Mariam E.
- 1021-1025 Rationing health care: Views from general practice
by Ayres, Philip J.
- 1027-1037 An economic analysis of Chinese fertility behavior
by Liu, Gordon G. & Yamada, Tetsuji & Yamada, Ta-i
- 1039-1047 Exposure to missile attacks: The impact of the Persian Gulf War on physical health, health behaviours and psychological distress in high and low risk areas in Israel
by Soskolne, Varda & Baras, Mario & Palti, Hava & Epstein, Leon
- 1049-1055 Distributing scarce livers: The moral reasoning of the general public
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
- 1057-1067 Local terminology for febrile illnesses in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania and its impact on the design of a community-based malaria control programme
by Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lurie, M. & Lwihula, G. K. & Premji, Z. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J.
- 1069-1075 The impact on employment of an intervention to increase recognition of previously untreated anxiety among primary care physicians
by Yelin, Edward & Mathias, Susan D. & Buesching, Don P. & Rowland, Clayton & Calucin, Ruth Q. & Fifer, Sheila
- 1077-1084 Coping with additional stresses: Comparative study of healthy and cancer patient new immigrants
by Baider, Lea & Kaufman, Bella & Ever-Hadani, Penina & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 1085-1093 Age and health status in a patient satisfaction survey
by Cohen, G.
- 1095-1108 A triple burden for health sector reform: 'Post'-conflict rehabilitation in Uganda
by Macrae, Joanna & Zwi, Anthony B. & Gilson, Lucy
- 1113-1115 Letter to the editor
by Uzych, Leo
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 787-787 Foreword
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 789-790 Introduction
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 791-800 Daniel Drake's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 801-816 Defining localities for health planning: A GIS approach
by Bullen, Nina & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 817-830 Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 831-841 Establishing links between air quality and health: Searching for the impossible?
by Dunn, Christine & Kingham, Simon
- 843-855 Interactive spatial data analysis in medical geography
by Gatrell, A. C. & Bailey, T. C.
- 857-869 Analyzing perceived limiting long-term illness using U.K. census microdata
by Gould, Myles I. & Jones, Kelvyn
- 871-878 Alzheimer's disease: Preliminary study of spatial distribution at birth place
by Jean, H. & Emard, J. -F. & Thouez, J. -P. & Houde, L. & Robitaille, Y. & Mathieu, J. & Boily, C. & Daoud, N. & Beaudry, M. & Cholette, A. & Bouchard, R. & Veilleux, F. & Gauvreau, D.
- 879-885 The application of K-function analysis to the geographical distribution of road traffic accident outcomes in Norfolk, England
by Jones, Andrew P. & Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 887-896 Restructuring long-term care and the geography of ageing: A view from rural New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Chalmers, A. I. (Lex)
- 897-908 Regional variations in mortality rates in England and Wales: An analysis using multi-level modelling
by Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 909-922 The selection of needs indicators for regional resource allocation in the fields of health and social services in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert & Saucier, Alain & Berthiaume, Nicole & Ferland, Pierre & Couture, Régis & Caris, Patricia & Fortin, Lynda & Lacroix, Diane & Kirouac, René
- 923-935 Explaining urban-rural variations in health: A review of interactions between individual and environment
by Verheij, Robert A.
- 937-948 The development of Ontario's Home Care Program: A critical geographical analysis
by Williams, Allison M.
- 949-963 The household context for women's health care decisions: Impacts of U.K. policy changes
by Young, Ruth
March 1996, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 639-641 Traditional reaction to modern stress
by Lee, Rance P. L.
- 643-649 Quality of care: A comparison of preferences between medical specialists and patients with chronic diseases
by van der Waal, Marieke A. E. & Casparie, Anton F. & Lako, Christiaan J.
- 651-659 The significance of children's age in estimating the effect of maternal time use on children's well-being
by Ricci, Judith A. & Jerome, Norge W. & Sirageldin, Ismail & Aly, Hekmat & Moussa, Wafaa & Galal, Osman & Harrison, Gail G. & Kirksey, Avanelle
- 661-670 Regulatory effects of health examination programs on medical expenditures for the elderly in Japan
by Matsuda, Shinya
- 671-679 Which resources pay for treatment? A model for estimating the informal economy of health
by Wallman, Sandra & Baker, Maia
- 681-689 Self-rated health and mortality in a Lithuanian and a Dutch population
by Appels, A. & Bosma, H. & Grabauskas, V. & Gostautas, A. & Sturmans, F.
- 691-703 Syringe-mediated drug sharing among injecting drug users: Patterns, social context and implications for transmission of blood-borne pathogens
by Grund, Jean-Paul C. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Stern, L. Synn & Jose, Benny & Neaigus, Alan & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 705-712 Variation in diagnoses: Influence of specialists' training on selecting and ranking relevant information in geriatric case vignettes
by Kalf, Annette J. H. & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 713-719 Health and a residential care population
by Segal, Steven P. & Vandervoort, Debra J. & Liese, Lawrence H.
- 721-731 Determinants of informal caregivers' satisfaction with services for dying cancer patients
by Fakhoury, Walid & McCarthy, Mark & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 733-743 A review of research on the nature and quality of HIV testing services: A proposal for process-based studies
by Beardsell, Susan & Coyle, Adrian
- 785-785 Letter to the editor
by Barzelatto, Jose
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 479-482 Abortion from a crosscultural perspective: An introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 483-494 The pregnancy that doesn't stay: The practice and perception of abortion by Ekiti Yoruba women
by Renne, Elisha P.
- 495-508 Abortion traditions in rural Jamaica
by Sobo, E. J.
- 509-519 Abortion policy and practice in Greece
by Georges, Eugenia
- 521-530 Women's perspectives on abortion in Romania
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Horga, Mihai & Andronache, Laurentia
- 531-542 Abortion in Turkey: A matter of state, family or individual decision
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 543-560 Abortion law and practice in China: An overview with comparisons to the United States
by Rigdon, Susan M.
- 561-563 Back pain and epidemiology review: The epidemiology and cost of back pain : Clinical Standards Advisory Group (Committee Chaired by Michael Rosen). Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1994. (Respectively 89pp. and 72pp. paperback, Â£14.00: ISBN 0-11-321887-7 and ISBN 0-11-321889-3)
by Troup, J. D. G.
- 565-578 Alcohol use among American Indian adolescents: The role of culture in pathological drinking
by O'Nell, Theresa D. & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 579-588 Demarcation and transformation within homoeopathic knowledge. A strategy of professionalization
by Cant, Sarah & Sharma, Ursula
- 589-597 Black/white differences in the relationship of maternal age to birthweight: A population-based test of the weathering hypothesis
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 599-608 Psychological distress among caregivers to heart transplant recipients
by Canning, Robert D. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Davidson, Suzanne
- 609-615 Inconsistency and health state valuations
by Dolan, Paul & Kind, Paul
- 617-624 Gender differences in health: Are things really as simple as they seem?
by Macintyre, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Sweeting, Helen
- 625-627 Letter to the editor
by Gürsoy, Akile
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 301-303 Human rights and health within the dominant paradigm
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 305-311 A note on the relationship between ex ante and expected willingness to pay for health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 313-324 Limitations of quantitative research in the study of structural adjustment
by Lundy, Patricia
- 325-338 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part I. Methods and descriptive data
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René
- 339-352 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part II. Statistical correlates
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René & Mock, Nancy
- 353-361 'Healing fictions': Stories of choosing in the aftermath of the detection of fetal anomalies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Jones, Linda Corson
- 363-377 A cross-national study of quality of life factors associated with patterns of elderly disablement
by Lamb, Vicki L.
- 379-388 The use of drug information sources by physicians: Development of a data-generating methodology
by Boerkamp, E. J. C. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M. & Reuyl, J. C. & Versluis, A.
- 389-398 Medication decision-making and management: A client-centered model
by Chewning, Betty & Sleath, Betsy
- 399-420 Areal and socioeconomic differentials in infant and child mortality in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 421-430 Innovations in acumoxa: Acupuncture analgesia, scalp and ear acupuncture in the People's Republic of China
by Hsu, Elisabeth
- 431-435 Importance of schistosomiasis in the Isoka district of Zambia: A prerequisite for its control using community participation
by Siziya, Seter & Mushanga, Martin
- 437-445 Acute respiratory infections--Mothers' perceptions of etiology and treatment in South-Western Nigeria
by Iyun, B. Folasade & Tomson, Göran
- 447-451 Carbon monoxide suicide from car exhausts
by Öström, Mats & Thorson, Jan & Eriksson, Anders
- 453-462 Origins and working conditions of female sex workers in urban Thailand: Consequences of social context for HIV transmission
by Wawer, Maria J. & Podhisita, Chai & Kanungsukkasem, Uraiwan & Pramualratana, Anthony & McNamara, Regina
- 463-469 Attitudes of pediatric nurses facing HIV risk
by Berkowitz, Nancy F. & Nuttall, Ronald L.
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-168 The Swedish Transplant Acts: Sociological considerations on bodies and giving
by Machado, Nora
- 169-172 Senile dementia in Japan: Prevalence and response
by Ineichen, Bernard
- 173-183 Social networks, social support and coping with serious illness: The family connection
by Ell, Kathleen
- 185-197 The industrial Panopticon: Mining and the medical construction of migrant African labour in South Africa, 1900-1950
by Butchart, Alexander
- 199-207 Factors influencing patient perceived recovery in Mexico
by Finkler, Kaja & Correa, Maria
- 209-220 Patterns and predictors of infertility among African women: A cross-national survey of twenty-seven nations
by Ericksen, Karen & Brunette, Tracy
- 221-231 Rethinking methods for the study of sexual behaviour
by Huygens, Pierre & Kajura, Ellen & Seeley, Janet & Barton, Tom
- 233-243 The Yoruba farm market as a communication channel in guinea worm disease surveillance
by Brieger, William R. & Kendall, Carl
- 245-256 Adaptive demands along the HIV disease continuum
by Pakenham, Kenneth I. & Dadds, Mark R. & Terry, Deborah J.
- 257-264 Sex differences in morbidity: A case of discrimination in general practice
by Sayer, Geoffrey P. & Britt, Helena
- 265-280 Chronic stress and psychological well-being: Evidence from Thailand on household crowding
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee & Sermsri, Santhat
- 281-292 Anthropology, clinical pathology and the electronic fetal monitor: Lessons from the heart
by Bassett, Ken
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-2 Retirement of Peter McEwan
by Illsley, Raymond
- 3-19 Leprosy among the limba: Illness and healing in the context of world view
by Opala, Joseph & Boillot, Francois
- 21-34 Reconsidering the status of anorexia nervosa as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Lee, Sing
- 35-46 Is general practitioner decision making associated with patient socio-economic status?
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & King, Madeleine
- 47-57 Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985
by Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H.
- 59-73 Women and AIDS: An analysis of media misrepresentations
by Sacks, Valerie
- 75-89 Inequalities in health related to women's marital, parental, and employment status--A comparison between the early 70s and the late 80s, Norway
by Elstad, Jon Ivar
- 91-98 Dry sex in Zimbabwe and implications for condom use
by Civic, Diane & Wilson, David
- 99-110 Gender response to neurofibromatosis 1
by Ablon, Joan
- 111-123 The role of clinical vignettes in rapid ethnographic research: A folk taxonomy of diarrhoea in Thailand
by Shawyer, Richard John & Gani, Abdullah Sani Bin & Punufimana, Albert Noel & Seuseu, Namulauulu Kamuta Fualaga
- 125-132 Medical futility decisions and physicians' legal defensiveness: The impact of anticipated conflict on thresholds for end-of-life treatment
by Swanson, Jeffrey W. & Van McCrary, S.
- 133-140 Ethnography of fertility and menstruation in rural Mexico
by Castañeda, Xóchitl & García, Cecilia & Langer, Ana
- 141-152 Prostitutes, prostitution and STD/HIV transmission in Mainland China
by Gil, Vincent E. & Wang, Marco S. & Anderson, Allen F. & Lin, Guo Matthew & Wu, Zongjian Oliver
- 157-157 Letter to the editor
by Bagshawe, Antonia
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 12
- 1603-1605 Social differentials in chronic disease: What can sociological knowledge offer to explain and possibly reduce them?
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1607-1616 Medical humanitarianism and human rights: Reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1617-1619 Professionals, intellectuals, visible practitioners? The case of 'medical humanitarianism'
by Herzlich, Claudine
- 1621-1622 Reaction paper: Medical humanitarianism and human rights; reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Falck, Hans S.
- 1623-1624 On providing a truly international perspective
by Wyatt, David
- 1625-1626 Rejoinder
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1627-1637 The implementation of health promotion: A new structural perspective
by Rütten, Alfred
- 1639-1645 Correlates of health care satisfaction in inner-city patients with hypertension and chronic renal insufficiency
by Harris, Lisa E. & Luft, Friedrich C. & Rudy, David W. & Tierney, William M.
- 1647-1651 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1653-1654 Introduction
by Rifkin, Susan
- 1655-1665 Research and the health services manager in the developing world
by Barker, Carol
- 1667-1676 What is participatory research?
by Cornwall, Andrea & Jewkes, Rachel
- 1677-1683 Ethnographic studies of ARI in Bolivia and their use by the national ARI programme
by Hudelson, Patricia & Huanca, Tomas & Charaly, Dolores & Cirpa, Virginia
- 1685-1692 Perception and social consequences of tuberculosis: A focus group study of tuberculosis patients in Sialkot, Pakistan
by Liefooghe, R. & Michiels, N. & Habib, S. & Moran, M. B. & De Muynck, A.
- 1693-1704 Child sexual abuse in Matabeleland, Zimbabwe
by Meursing, Karla & Vos, Theo & Coutinho, Odette & Moyo, Michael & Mpofu, Sipho & Oneko, Olola & Mundy, Verity & Dube, Simukai & Mahlangu, Thembeni & Sibindi, Flora
- 1705-1713 Socio-cultural and behavioural aspects of mosquito-borne lymphatic filariasis in Thailand: A qualitative analysis
by Rauyajin, Oratai & Kamthornwachara, Benjawan & Yablo, Paul
- 1715-1724 Learning to listen: Formative research in the development of AIDS education for secondary school students
by Mathews, Catherine & Everett, Katherine & Binedell, Julia & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 1725-1729 How do health service managers respond to qualitative research?
by Van der Walt, Hester & Mathews, Catherine
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 11
- 1467-1468 Welcome? To the brave new world of evidence based medicine
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 1469-1478 The health crisis in the former Soviet Union: A report from the 'post-war' zone
by Field, Mark G.
- 1479-1486 Environmental effects on human reproduction: The basis for new efforts in Eastern Europe
by Kulin, Howard E. & Skakkebaek, Niels E.
- 1487-1498 Culture in treatment, culture as treatment. A critical appraisal of developments in addictions programs for indigenous North Americans and Australians
by Brady, Maggie
- 1499-1505 Locus of control and socioeconomic status: Does internal locus of control reflect real resources and opportunities or personal coping abilities?
by Landau, Ruth
- 1507-1512 Separate black and white infant mortality models: Differences in the importance of structural variables
by Bird, Sheryl Thorburn
- 1513-1516 Psychological factors in the relationship between alcohol and cardiovascular morbidity
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1517-1521 Public opinion regarding end-of-life decisions: Influence of prognosis, practice and process
by Singer, Peter A. & Choudhry, Sujit & Armstrong, Jane & Meslin, Eric M. & Lowy, Frederick H.
- 1523-1533 Anthropology, HIV and contingent identities
by Gatter, Philip N.
- 1535-1567 Health care workers and HIV/AIDS: A critical review of the literature
by Horsman, Janet M. & Sheeran, Paschal
- 1569-1575 Eye care knowledge and practices among Malawian traditional healers and the development of collaborative blindness prevention programmes
by Courtright, Paul
- 1577-1586 Perceptions of risk during pregnancy amongst urban women in Northeast Brazil
by Atkinson, Sarah J. & Farias, Monica Façanha
- 1587-1595 Balancing hot and cold--Balancing power and weakness: Social and cultural aspects of Malay jamu in Singapore
by Tuschinsky, Christine
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1337-1338 Introduction
by Bowling, Ann & Brazier, John
- 1339-1348 Developing outcome measures for ambulatory care--An application to asthma and diabetes
by Mccoll, E. & Steen, I. N. & Meadows, K. A. & Hutchinson, A. & Eccles, M. P. & Hewison, J. & Fowler, P. & Blades, S. M.
- 1349-1358 The Swedish SF-36 Health Survey--I. Evaluation of data quality, scaling assumptions, reliability and construct validity across general populations in Sweden
by Sullivan, Marianne & Karlsson, Jan & Ware, John E.
- 1359-1366 German translation and psychometric testing of the SF-36 Health Survey: Preliminary results from the IQOLA project
by Bullinger, Monika
- 1367-1372 Quality of life in chronic fatigue syndrome
by Schweitzer, Robert & Kelly, Brian & Foran, Amanda & Terry, Deborah & Whiting, John
- 1373-1382 Environmental and health-related quality of life: Conceptual and methodological similarities
by Rogerson, Robert J.
- 1383-1394 Clinical and public health perspectives and applications of health-related quality of life measurement
by Ebrahim, Shah
- 1395-1401 Evaluating the efficacy of medical treatment: Possibilities and limitations
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1411-1415 Health-related quality of life between naturalism and hermeneutics
by Rosenberg, Raben
- 1417-1427 A QALY-based societal health statistic for Canada, 1985
by Holmes, Ann M.
- 1429-1437 Maximizing health benefits vs egalitarianism: An Australian survey of health issues
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 1439-1446 Elderly people's definitions of quality of life
by Farquhar, Morag