Social Science & Medicine
1994, Volume 39, Issue 7
1994, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 755-756 The social responsibility of social scientists
by Mutatkar, R.K.
- 757-766 Poisoned landscapes: The epidemiology of environmental lead exposure in Massachusetts children 1990-1991
by Bailey, Adrian J. & Sargent, James D. & Goodman, David C. & Freeman, Jean & Brown, Mary Jean
- 767-780 Community satisfaction with primary health care services: An evaluation undertaken in the Morogoro region of Tanzania
by Gilson, Lucy & Alilio, Martin & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 781-787 Interpersonal conflict and physical violence during the childbearing year
by Gielen, Andrea Carlson & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Faden, Ruth R. & Kass, Nancy E. & Xue, Xiaonan
- 789-796 Consequences of mental distress recognition in general practice in Italy: A follow-up study
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Laviola, Franca & Sternai, Elena & Terzian, Emanuela & Tognoni, Gianni
- 797-806 Reported and actual prescription of oral rehydration therapy for childhood diarrhoeas by retail pharmacists in Nigeria
by Igun, U.A.
- 807-813 Endemic fluorosis: An analysis of needs and possibilities based on case studies in Kenya
by Mwaniki, D.L. & Courtney, J.M. & Gaylor, J.D.
- 815-822 Urban-rural and regional differences in infant mortality in Taiwan
by Knöbel, Harald H. & Yang, Wen-Shan & Ho, Mei-Shang
- 823-831 Indirect estimates of 'hidden' populations: Capture-recapture methods to estimate the numbers of heroin users in the Australian capital territory
by Larson, Ann & Stevens, Adele & Wardlaw, Grant
- 833-840 A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down? Perspectives on the use of sugar in children's medicines
by Manley, M.C.G. & Calnan, M. & Sheiham, A.
- 841-849 A survey of physician beliefs and self-reported practices concerning screening for early detection of cancer
by Clasen, Carla M. & Vernon, Sally W. & Mullen, Patricia D. & Jackson, Gilchrist L.
- 851-860 The relationship between infants' preceding appetite, illness, and growth performance and mothers' subsequent feeding practice decisions
by Piwoz, Ellen G. & Black, Robert E. & Lopez de Romaña, Guillermo & Creed de Kanashiro, Hilary & Brown, Kenneth H.
- 861-870 The health card insurance scheme in Burundi: A social asset or a non-viable venture?
by Arhin, Dyna C.
- 871-873 Beyond the anglophone world: Regular and alternative medicine: The state of affairs in the Netherlands
by Menges, Louwrens J.
- 881-881 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
1994, Volume 39, Issue 5
- 603-606 Interrogating the Human Diversity Genome Project
by Lock, Margaret
- 607-620 The Italian fight against world hunger. A critical analysis of Italian aid for development in the 1980s
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael R.
- 621-628 Agency relationships in psychotherapy: An economic analysis
by Zweifel, Peter
- 629-645 Control, culture and chronic pain
by Bates, Maryann S. & Rankin-Hill, Lesley
- 647-654 Euthanasia: Why people want to die earlier
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 655-670 Patient views on quality care in general practice: Literature review
by Lewis, J.Rees
- 671-686 Ethnography, epidemiology and infertility in Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C. & Buss, Kimberly A.
- 687-699 Equity and the utilization of health services: Report of an eight-province survey in China
by Henderson, Gail & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Shuigao, Jin & Haijiang, Ma & Keyou, Ge
- 701-713 Profession and life: Separate worlds
by Thornquist, Eline
- 715-725 Explaining health and illness: Lay perceptions on current and future health, the causes of illness, and the nature of recovery
by Furnham, Adrian
- 727-732 Christ as a pharmacist: Medical symbols in German devotion
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 733-741 Self-care and mastery among primary health care patients
by Punamäki, Raija-Leena & Aschan, Hanna
1994, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 455-458 Primary health care and the hospital: Incompatible organisational concepts?
by Malcolm, Laurence
- 459-461 Interpreting infertility: Medical anthropological perspectives : Introduction
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 463-474 Plundered kitchens and empty wombs: Fear of infertility in the Cameroonian Grassfields
by Feldman-Savelsberg, Pamela
- 475-485 The social construction of infertility: The case of the matrilineal Nayars in South India
by Neff, Deborah L.
- 487-505 Kabsa (a.k.a. mushahara) and threatened fertility in Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 507-518 'Born to be a mother': The cultural construction of risk in infertility treatment in the U.S
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 519-526 Explanatory models for cancer among African-American women at two Atlanta neighborhood health centers: The implications for a cancer screening program
by Gregg, Jessica & Curry, Robert H.
- 527-536 Immunization programs and their costs
by Brenzel, Logan & Claquin, Pierre
- 537-541 Socio-cultural dimensions of leprosy in North-Western Botswana
by Kumaresan, J. A. & Maganu, E. T.
- 543-551 The psychosocial impact of implementing a mammography screening campaign in an Australian community
by Turnbull, Deborah & Irwig, Les & Simpson, Judy M. & Donnelly, Neil
- 553-562 The importance of childhood socio-economic group for adult health
by Nyström Peck, Maria
- 563-572 Social-psychological factors affecting help-seeking for emotional problems
by Rickwood, D. J. & Braithwaite, V. A.
- 573-581 Prediction of handicap and emotional distress in patients with recurrent vertigo: Symptoms, coping strategies, control beliefs and reciprocal causation
by Yardley, Lucy
- 583-590 Negative affectivity and intellectual ability: A study of their relation to self-reported physical symptoms, perceived daily stress and mood, and disciplinary problems in military recruits
by Vassend, Olav & Watten, Reidulf & Myhrer, Trond & Syvertsen, Jon Lars
- 591-597 What is a chronic disease? The effects of a re-definition in HIV and AIDS
by Clarke, Aileen
1994, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 305-306 Pharmaceutical health promotion: A new concept in therapeutics
by Mant, Andrea
- 307-321 Integrating traditional medicine into modern health care systems: Examining the role of Chinese medicine in Taiwan
by Chi, Chunhuei
- 323-333 A socioeconomic, clinical and serological study in an African City of prostitutes and women still married to their first husband
by Duncan, M. E. & Tibaux, G. & Pelzer, A. & Mehari, L. & Peutherer, J. & Young, H. & Jamil, Y. & Darougar, S. & Piot, P. & Roggen, E.
- 335-344 Community and participation for general practice: Perceptions of general practitioners and community nurses
by Brown, Ian
- 345-354 The influence of reproductive status on rural Kenyan women's time use
by Baksh, Michael & Neumann, Charlotte G. & Paolisso, Michael & Trostle, Richard M. & Jansen, A. A. J.
- 355-360 Women's health and the privatization of fertility control in Brazil
by Giffin, Karen
- 361-366 Social patterning of medical mortality in youth and early adulthood
by Blane, D. & Bartley, M. & Smith, G. Davey & Filakti, H. & Bethune, A. & Harding, S.
- 367-374 Accounting for medical variation: The case of prescribing activity in a New Zealand general practice sample
by Davis, Peter B. & Yee, Roy Lay & Millar, John
- 375-379 Symptoms, health and illness behaviour in cystic fibrosis
by Brown, C. & Rowley, S. & Helms, P.
- 381-390 Determinants of compliance with iron supplementation: Supplies, side effects, or psychology?
by Galloway, Rae & McGuire, Judith
- 391-400 Living a responsible life: The impact of AIDS on the social indentity of intravenous drug users
by Hassin, Jeanette
- 401-406 A comparison of chamba (marijuana) abusers and general psychiatric admissions in Malawi
by Carr, Stuart & Ager, Alastair & Nyando, Clifford & Moyo, Kamwadi & Titeca, Annette & Wilkinson, Maureen
- 407-413 Disadvantage in physically disabled adults: An assessment of the causation and selection hypotheses
by Shaar, K. H. & McCarthy, M. & Meshefedjian, G.
- 415-424 The use of depth interviewing with vulnerable subjects: Lessons from a research study of parents with learning difficulties
by Booth, Tim & Booth, Wendy
- 425-432 An analysis of home-cased oral rehydration therapy in the Kingdom of Lesotho
by Touchette, Paul & Douglass, Edward & Graeff, Judith & Monoang, Ivy & Mathe, Mannuku & Deke, Lisa Ware
- 433-447 The questionable wisdom of a low-fat diet and cholesterol reduction
by Atrens, Dale M.
- 453-454 Letter to the editor
by Troutman, Beth & Bubrick, Jerome
1994, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 151-154 Editorial : What else do we want from our health services?
by Mooney, Gavin
- 155-164 Effects of illness attribution and depression on the quality of life among persons with serious mental illness
by Mechanic, David & McAlpine, Donna & Rosenfield, Sarah & Davis, Diane
- 165-178 The evangelical uses of leprosy
by Smith Kipp, Rita
- 179-187 Violence in American cities: Young black males in the answer, but what was the question?
by Greenberg, Michael & Schneider, Dona
- 189-199 Britain's regional mortality: A legacy from disaster in the celtic periphery?
by Williams, Rory
- 201-206 Donated blood--Gift or commodity?: Some economic and ethical considerations on voluntary vs commercial donation of blood
by von Schubert, Hartwig
- 207-212 When topical hydrocortisone became an OTC drug in Sweden--A study of the users and their information sources
by Brånstad, Jan-Olof & Kamil, Ismail & Lilja, John & Sjöblom, Magnus
- 213-220 Multidimensional health locus of control beliefs and psychological health for a sample of mothers
by Raja, Shyamala Nada & Williams, Sheila & McGee, Rob
- 221-232 The impact of working with people with HIV/AIDS: A review of the literature
by Barbour, Rosaline S.
- 233-245 Urbanization and mental health in developing countries: A research role for social scientists, public health professionals and social psychiatrists
by Harpham, Trudy
- 247-254 A model for community involvement in health (CIH) program development
by Hildebrandt, Eugenie
- 255-263 Attributional analysis of interprofessional role conflict
by Curtis, Kathleen A.
- 265-277 Elderly support in rural and suburban villages: Implications for future support system in China
by Shi, Leiyu
- 279-289 Relationship between preferences for decisional control and illness information among women with breast cancer: A quantitative and qualitative analysis
by Hack, Thomas F. & Degner, Lesley F. & Dyck, Dennis G.
- 291-297 The choice of dental care sector by young adults before and after subsidisation reform in Finland
by Arinen, Sirkka-Sisko & Sintonen, Harri
1994, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-5 Medical praxis: An interface between ethics, politics, and technology
by Lolas, Fernando
- 7-21 Cost utility analysis: What should be measured?
by Richardson, J.
- 23-38 General practitioner distribution and population dynamics: Munich, 1950-1990
by Shannon, Gary W. & Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 39-52 Innovation in high risk drug therapy
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 53-62 Community social change and mortality
by Lasker, Judith N. & Egolf, Brenda P. & Wolf, Stewart
- 63-75 Seasonal variation in the perceived risk of malaria: Implications for the promotion of insecticide-impregnated bed nets
by Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lwihula, G. K. & Lubega, P. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J.
- 77-83 Self-rated health: Biological continuum or social discontinuity?
by Smith, Anthony M. A. & Shelley, Julia M. & Dennerstein, Lorraine
- 85-93 The social organization of transvestite prostitution and AIDS
by Boles, Jacqueline & Elifson, Kirk W.
- 95-104 The effect of distance to VA facilities on the choice and level of utilization of VA outpatient services
by Burgess, James F. & Avery DeFiore, Donna
- 105-114 Social and environmental factors and life expectancy, infant mortality, and maternal mortality rates: Results of a cross-national comparison
by Hertz, Erica & Hebert, James R. & Landon, Joan
- 115-122 Consistency and variation in unhealthy behaviour among Finnish men, 1982-1990
by Prättälä, R. & Karisto, A. & Berg, M-A.
- 123-131 Qualities of an ideal volunteer community malaria worker: A comparison of the opinions of community residents and national malaria service staff
by Ruebush, Trenton K. & Weller, Susan C. & Klein, Robert E.
- 133-143 Patients, chaperons and healers: Enlarging the therapeutic encounter
by Heilman, Samuel C. & Witztum, Eliezer
1994, Volume 38, Issue 12
- 1591-1592 Introduction
by Drummond, Michael & Davies, Linda & Rutten, Frans
- 1593-1600 Evaluation of health technology: Economic issues for health policy and policy issues for economic appraisal
by Drummond, Michael
- 1601-1607 Current status of economic appraisal of health technology in the European community: Report of the network
by Davies, Linda & Coyle, Douglas & Drummond, Michael & The EC Network on the Methodology of Economic Appraisal of Health Technology
- 1609-1614 Intergration of economic appraisal and health care policy in a health insurance system; The Dutch case
by Rutten, Frans & van der Linden, Jan-Willem
- 1615-1623 Economic appraisal in the British national health service: Implications of recent developments
by Henshall, Christopher & Drummond, Michael
- 1625-1633 Researcher-driven versus policy-driven economic appraisal of health technologies: The case of France
by Moatti, J. P. & Chanut, C. & Benech, J. M.
- 1635-1641 Centralised versus decentralised funding of evaluative research: Impact on medical technology policy in Italy
by France, George
- 1643-1646 Technology assessment in Catalonia: Integrating economic appraisal
by Granados, Alicia & Borràs, Josep M.
- 1647-1652 The role of economic appraisal in Denmark
by Alban, Anita
- 1653-1662 The role of economic appraisal in health technology assessment: The Australian case
by Smith, Chris Selby & Hailey, David & Drummond, Michael
- 1663-1674 Strategies for successful evaluation and policy-making toward health care technology on the move: The case of medical lasers
by Banta, H. David & Vondeling, Hindrik
- 1675-1678 Standardizing economic appraisal of health technology in the European community
by Rovira, Joan
- 1679-1688 Interests in Health Care Technology Assessment (HCTA) and HCTA training needs in eight European countries: Comett-assess
by Szczepura, A. & Kankaanpää, J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 11
- 1475-1482 Religion and health: Is there an association, is it valid, and is it causal?
by Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 1483-1490 The role of caregiver social networks in Alzheimer's disease
by Cohen, Carl & Teresi, Jeanne & Blum, Cynthia
- 1491-1498 Coping with disabilities: The perspective of young adults from different ethnic backgrounds in inner London
by Doyle, Yvonne & Moffatt, Paula & Corlett, Sarah
- 1499-1507 Aprendiendo a prevenir la deshidratacion en comunidades Alejadas y Mercados Mexicanos
by Larrauri, Selene Alvarez & Larrauri, Claudia Alvarez & Carreras, Jorge Jufresa
- 1509-1519 Characteristics of work and life predicting coronary heart disease : Finnish research project on aging workers
by Tuomi, Kaija
- 1521-1529 Health insurance coverage among the elderly
by Wilcox-Gök, Virginia & Rubin, Jeffrey
- 1531-1541 Measuring oral health status: Theoretical and methodological challenges
by Coulter, I. D. & Marcus, M. & Atchison, K. A.
- 1543-1552 The prevalence of informal caregiving to persons with aids in the United States: Caregiver characteristics and their implications
by Turner, Heather A. & Catania, Joseph A. & Gagnon, John
- 1553-1564 A cohort study of unemployment as a cause of psychological disturbance in Australian youth
by Morrell, S. & Taylor, R. & Quine, S. & Kerr, C. & Western, J.
- 1565-1574 Teenage alcohol drinking and non-standard family background
by Isohanni, Matti & Oja, Hannu & Moilanen, Irma & Koiranen, Markku
- 1575-1584 A community study of child spacing, fertility and contraception in West Pokot District, Kenya
by Dean, Nicola R.
- vii-ix Hospice and the holistic alternative
by MacCormack, Carol
1994, Volume 38, Issue 10
- 1321-1324 The politics of AIDS : Introduction
by Singer, Merrill
- 1325-1335 The impact of HIV/AIDS on concepts relating to risk and culture within British community epidemiology: Candidates or targets for prevention
by Frankenberg, Ronald J.
- 1337-1346 Risky business: The cultural construction of AIDS risk groups
by Schiller, Nina Glick & Crystal, Stephen & Lewellen, Denver
- 1347-1365 The boundaries of the self and the unhealthy other: Reflections on health, culture and AIDS
by Crawford, Robert
- 1367-1374 Ethical dilemmas and professional roles in occupational medicine
by Lurie, Sue Gena
- 1375-1383 Child health: Equity in the non-industrialized countries
by Stanton, Bonita
- 1385-1396 Why are socioeconomic mortality differences smaller among women than among men?
by Koskinen, Seppo & Martelin, Tuija
- 1397-1400 A decade beyond medical school: A longitudinal study of physicians' attitudes toward death and terminally-ill patients
by Dickinson, George E. & Tournier, Robert E.
- 1401-1413 Differences in health and welfare between homeless and homed welfare applicants in Los Angeles county
by Takahashi, Lois M. & Wolch, Jennifer R.
- 1415-1422 "I wouldn't have minded a wee one running about": Miscarriage and the family
by Cecil, Rosanne
- 1423-1430 Nurses' views of the coping of patients
by Kahn, David L. & Steeves, Richard H. & Benoliel, Jeanne Q.
- 1431-1437 Chronic job insecurity among automobile workers: Effects on job satisfaction and health
by Heaney, Catherine A. & Israel, Barbara A. & House, James S.
- 1439-1447 Social trajectories and diversity of careers: Two aspects of the evolution of the medical profession in France (1925-1989)
by Bungener, Martine & Paicheler, Geneviève
- 1449-1460 Social class and adolescent smoking behaviour
by Glendinning, Anthony & Shucksmith, Janet & Hendry, Leo
- 1461-1467 Blood donor behaviour in Greece: Implications for health policy
by Chliaoutakis, Joannes & Trakas, Deanna J. & Socrataki, Fotini & Lemonidou, Chrysoula & Papaioannou, Dimitris
- vii-x Does epidemiological transition have utility for health planners?
by Phillips, David R.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 9
- 1171-1191 Cholera diffusion in Russia, 1823-1923
by David Patterson, K.
- 1193-1200 The effects of pregnancy loss on women's health
by Ney, Philip G. & Fung, Tak & Wickett, Adele Rose & Beaman-Dodd, Carol
- 1201-1208 The experience of cancer
by Muzzin, L.J. & Anderson, N.J. & Figueredo, A.T. & Gudelis, S.O.
- 1209-1220 Childhood morbidity and health services utilization: Cross-national comparisons of user-related factors from DHS data
by Fosu, Gabriel B.
- 1221-1234 Quality of home use of oral rehydration solutions: Results from seven healthcom sites
by McDivitt, Judith A. & Hornik, Robert C. & Carr, C.Dara
- 1235-1242 Can social class differentials in hypertension be explained by the general susceptibility hypothesis?
by Nilsson, Peter & Östergren, Per-Olof & Lindholm, Lars & Scherstén, Bengt
- 1243-1256 Using gini-style indices to evaluate the spatial patterns of health practitioners: Theoretical considerations and an application based on Alberta data
by Brown, Malcolm C.
- 1257-1278 Mortality by indicators of socioeconomic status among the finnish elderly
by Martelin, Tuija
- 1279-1288 Older patient satisfaction with communication during an initial medical encounter
by Greene, Michele G. & Adelman, Ronald D. & Friedmann, Erika & Charon, Rita
- 1289-1297 Measures of socioeconomic status for child health research: Comparative results from Bangladesh and Pakistan
by Durkin, M.S. & Islam, S. & Hasan, Z.M. & Zaman, S.S.
- 1299-1305 Concordance of parental and adolescent health behaviors
by Rossow, Ingeborg & Rise, Jostein
- 1307-1315 Self-management of cystic fibrosis: A structural model for educational and behavioral variables
by Parcel, Guy S. & Swank, Paul R. & Mariotto, Marco J. & Bartholomew, L.Kay & Czyzewski, Danita I. & Sockrider, Marianna M. & Seilheimer, Dan K.
- v-viii Depressive disorder
by Venkoba Rao, A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 1017-1036 Dissent in science: Styles of scientific practice and the controversy over the cause of AIDS
by Fujimura, Joan H. & Chou, Danny Y.
- 1037-1046 Alzheimer's disease afflicted spouses who remain at home: Can human dialectics explain the findings?
by Wright, Lore K.
- 1047-1053 The social impact of HIV infection on women in Kigali, Rwanda: A prospective study
by Keogh, P. & Allen, S. & Almedal, C. & Temahagili, B.
- 1055-1060 Psychological distress in survivors of residential fires
by Keane, Anne & Pickett, Mary & Jepson, Christopher & McCorkle, Ruth & Lowery, Barbara J.
- 1061-1068 Alternative medicine in the United States
by Wardwell, Walter I.
- 1069-1073 Midwives in Niger: An uncomfortable position between social behaviours and health care constraints
by Jaffre, Yannick & Prual, Alain
- 1075-1089 Health cards, maternal reports and the measurement of immunization coverage: The example of Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R.
- 1091-1110 Too far to walk: Maternal mortality in context
by Thaddeus, Sereen & Maine, Deborah
- 1111-1124 One person's 'spoiling' is another's freedom to become: Overcoming ethnocentric views about parental control
by Sprott, Julie E.
- 1125-1140 The technocratic body: American childbirth as cultural expression
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 1141-1152 Attitudes toward organ donation and transplantation : A model for understanding reactions to medical procedures after death
by Sanner, Margareta
- 1153-1165 Using STD occurrence to monitor AIDS prevention
by Renton, Adrian M. & Whitaker, Luke
- 1169-1170 A meta-analysis of condom effectiveness in reducing sexually transmitted HIV
by Warner, David Lee & Hatcher, Robert A.
- v-ix Public health education in Australia: Nobody's child?
by Reid, Janice
1994, Volume 38, Issue 7
- 863-865 Frailty and its consequences: Introduction
by Tennstedt, Sharon L. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 Stress and strategies in care systems: the Scandinavian experience
by Daatland, Svein Olav
- 875-882 Pathways to care for the elderly in Greece
by Triantafillou, Judith & Mestheneos, Elizabeth
- 883-903 British home and community care: Research-based critiques and the challenge of the new policy
by Davies, Bleddyn
- 905-914 Longitudinal patterns of formal and informal social support in an urban elderly population
by Kelman, Howard R. & Thomas, Cynthia & Tanaka, Jeefrey S.
- 915-924 Unmet need among disabled elders: A problem in access to community long term care?
by Tennstedt, Sharon & McKinlay, John & Kasten, Linda
- 925-936 Dynamics of functional impairment in late adulthood
by Maddox, George L. & Clark, Daniel O. & Steinhauser, Karen
- 937-942 How measurement techniques influence estimates of disability in older populations
by Jette, Alan M.
- 943-957 Does intergenerational social support influence the psychological well-being of older parents? The contingencies of declining health and widowhood
by Silverstein, Merril & Bengtson, Vern L.
- 959-971 Tolerating reality: The experience of parents of HIV positive sons
by Siegl, Dyan & Morse, Janice M.
- 973-987 Mothers' perceptions of severe pneumonia in their own children: A controlled study in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S. & Mull, J.Dennis & Kundi, M.Z.Malik & Anjum, Muhammad
- 989-997 Susto and the career path of the victim of an industrial accident: A sociological case study
by Holloway, Geoff
- 999-1010 The social significance of routine health behavior in Tamang daily life
by Jackson, J.Carey & Jackson-Carroll, Leslie
1994, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 771-774 Introduction
by Mattingly, Cheryl & Garro, Linda C.
- 775-788 Narrative representations of chronic illness experience: cultural models of illness, mind, and body in stories concerning the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
by Garro, Linda C.
- 789-800 Coming to terms with advanced breast cancer: Black women's narratives from Eastern North Carolina
by Mathews, Holly F. & Lannin, Donald R. & Mitchell, James P.
- 801-809 AIDS-talk and the constitution of cultural models
by Farmer, Paul
- 811-822 The concept of therapeutic 'emplotment'
by Mattingly, Cheryl
- 823-833 The Rashomon approach to dealing with chronic pain
by Jackson, Jean E.
- 835-842 In the subjenctive mode: Epilepsy narratives in Turkey
by Good, Byron J. & Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Togan, Isenbike & Ilbars, Zafer & Güvener, A. & Gelisen, Ilker
- 843-853 Practicing oncology in provincial Mexico: A narrative analysis
by Hunt, Linda M.
- 855-862 Oncology and narrative time
by Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Munakata, Tseunetsugu & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Mattingly, Cheryl & Good, Byron J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 649-663 Illness semantics and international health: The weak lungs/TB complex in the Philippines
by Nichter, Mark
- 665-675 Medical risk: Implicating poor pregnant women
by Handwerker, Lisa
- 677-690 Coronary heart disease: Trends in spatial inequalities and implications for health care planning in England
by Bryce, Carol & Curtis, Sarah & Mohan, John
- 691-698 Gender and class as dimensions of smoking behaviour in Britain: Insights from a survey of mothers
by Graham, Hilary
- 699-709 Health consequences of youth unemployment--review from a gender perspective
by Hammarström, Anne
- 711-716 General practitioner utilisation in Ireland: The role of socio-economic factors
by Nolan, Brian
- 717-724 The use of antimicrobial drugs in Nagpur, India. A window on medical care in a developing country
by Dua, Vikram & Kunin, Calvin M. & VanArsdale White, Laura
- 725-731 A measure of family disruption for use in chickenpox and other childhood illnesses
by McKenna, Stephen P. & Hunt, Sonja M.
- 733-748 Practitioner productivity and the product content of medical care in publicly supported health centers
by Camasso, Michael J. & Camasso, Anne E.
- 749-753 Blaming children for child pedestrian injuries
by Roberts, Ian & Coggan, Carolyn
- 755-761 Breastfeeding practices and lactation mastitis
by Foxman, Betsy & Schwartz, Kendra & Looman, Sophia J.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Roth, Julius A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 489-495 Primary health care in Japan and the United States
by Tsuda, Toshihide & Aoyama, Hideyasu & Froom, Jack
- 497-507 Danger and safety in medicines
by O'Neill, Arthur
- 509-516 Patient satisfaction: A valid concept?
by Williams, Brian
- 517-524 Comparisons of inequalities in health: Evidence from national surveys in Finland, Norway and Sweden
by Lahelma, Eero & Manderbacka, Kristiina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Karisto, Antti
- 525-542 Exorcists, psychiatrists, and the problems of possession in northwest Madagascar
by Sharp, Lesley A.
- 543-552 Terror, silencing and children: International, multidisciplinary collaboration with Guatemalan Maya communities
by Brinton Lykes, M.
- 553-557 Are bereaved family members a valid proxy for a patient's assessment of dying?
by Higginson, Irene & Priest, Patricia & McCarthy, Mark
- 559-564 Marital relationships and somatic and psychological symptoms in pregnancy
by Zimmermann-Tansella, Christa & Bertagni, Paolo & Siani, Roberta & Micciolo, Rocco
- 565-574 Prospects for reform of hospital fees in sub-Saharan Africa: A case study of Niamey National Hospital in Niger
by Weaver, Marcia & Wong, Holly & Sako, Amadou Sekou & Simon, Robert & Lee, Felix
- 575-583 Correlations between education and arthritis in the 1971-1975 NHANES I
by Leigh, J. Paul & Fries, James F.
- 585-592 Patients' intentions in primary care: Relationship to physical and psychological symptoms, and their perception by general practitioners
by Salmon, Peter & Sharma, Narinder & Valori, Roland & Bellenger, Nicholas