Social Science & Medicine
1992, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1369-1378 Manuals for ethnographic data collection: Experience and issues
by Herman, Elizabeth & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 1379-1387 Building applied health research capacity in less-developed countries: Problems encountered by the ADDR project
by Trostle, James & Simon, Jonathon
- 1389-1395 Developing applied medical anthropology in third world countries: Problems and actions
by Pelto, Pertti J. & Pelto, Gretel H.
- 1397-1404 Balancing relevance and excellence: Organizational responses to link research with decision making
by Frenk, Julio
- 1405-1420 Theory-driven behavioral intervention research for the control of diarrheal diseases
by Stanton, Bonita & Black, Robert & Engle, Patrice & Pelto, Gretel
1992, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1211-1213 Caribbean transformations : Introduction
by Sargent, Carolyn F. & Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1215-1223 Contemporary health care and the colonial and neo-colonial experience: The case of the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1225-1232 Transformations in maternity services in Jamaica
by Sargent, Carolyn & Rawlins, Joan
- 1233-1244 Social factors mediating social class differences in blood pressure in a Jamaican community
by Dressler, William W. & Grell, Gerald A. C. & Gallagher, Philip N. & Viteri, Fernando E.
- 1245-1257 West Indian gender relations, family planning programs and fertility decline
by Penn Handwerker, W.
- 1259-1271 The effect of parental age, birth order and other variables on early childhood mortality: A Caribbean example
by Brittain, Ann W.
- 1273-1282 Family planning in St Vincent, West Indies: A population history perspective
by Gearing, Jean
- 1283-1292 Social inequities in cardiovascular disease risk factors in East and West Germany
by Helmert, Uwe & Mielck, Andreas & Classen, Elvira
- 1293-1302 An occupational health programme for adults and children in the carpet weaving industry, Mirzapur, India: A case study in the informal sector
by Das, P. K. & Shukla, K. P. & Öry, F. G.
- 1303-1310 The costs of diabetes and its complications
by Leese, Brenda
- 1311-1315 Depression and self-esteem: Rapid screening for depression in black, low literacy, hospitalized tuberculosis patients
by Westaway, Margaret S. & Wolmarans, Liezel
- 1317-1320 Contributions of the proximate determinants to fertility change in Senegal
by Onuoha, Nelson
1992, Volume 35, Issue 9
- 1079-1091 Ethics are local: Engaging cross-cultural variation in the ethics for clinical research
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1093-1102 Culture, meaning and disability: Injury prevention campaigns and the production of stigma
by Wang, Caroline
- 1103-1113 The relationship between consumption and worker productivity: Nutrition and economic approaches
by Korjenek, Patrice A.
- 1115-1122 On the edge: Ward-rounds in a South African psychiatric emergency department
by Swartz, Leslie
- 1123-1129 Exploratory analysis of children's nutrition programs in Canada
by McIntyre, Lynn & Dayle, Jutta B.
- 1131-1136 Is users' knowledge about contraceptives adequate? A case study of finnish IUD users
by Makkonen, Katri & Hemminki, Elina & Uutela, Antti
- 1137-1144 Accounting for differences: Dutch training nurses and their views on migrant women
by van der Zwaard, Joke
- 1145-1155 Exploration of doctor and patient agendas in general practice consultations
by Butler, N.M. & Campion, P.D. & Cox, A.D.
- 1157-1170 Influence of bed supply and health care organization on regional and local patterns of diabetes related hospitalization
by Brown, Laurie J. & Barnett, J.Ross
- 1171-1178 Church-based obstetric care in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayodele
- 1179-1187 Marital status and infant health outcomes
by Bennett, Trude
- 1189-1197 Psychosocial factors influencing non-urgent use of the emergency room: A review of the literature and recommendations for research and improved service delivery
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Brodsky, Beth
- 1199-1210 Fertility differentials among the Ijo in Southern Nigeria: Does urban residence make a difference?
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
1992, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 951-958 Discrimination towards disabled people seeking employment
by Ravaud, Jean-François & Madiot, Béatrice & Ville, Isabelle
- 959-965 Sociology in American medical education since the 1960s: The rhetoric of reform
by Wegar, Katarina
- 967-977 Maternal health and the measurement trap
by Graham, Wendy J. & Campbell, Oona M. R.
- 979-985 Costs of home care for advanced breast and cervical cancer in relation to cost-effectiveness of screening
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & Miltenburg, Theo E. M.
- 987-995 Primary care in accident and emergency and general practice: A comparison
by Green, Judith & Dale, Jeremy
- 997-1001 Regular pattern of preventive dental services--A measure of access
by Newman, John F. & Gift, Helen C.
- 1003-1014 Sickness impact profile: The state of the art of a generic functional status measure
by de Bruin, A. F. & de Witte, L. P. & Stevens, F. & Diederiks, J. P. M.
- 1015-1025 Drug retailer training: Experiences from Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Gartoulla, Ritu Prasad & Pradhan, Y. M. S. & Shrestha, A. D. & Karkee, S. B. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1027-1035 Deriving a survey measure of social support: The reliability and validity of the close persons questionnaire
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Marmot, Michael
- 1037-1042 The use of herbal and other agents to enhance sexual experience
by Runganga, Agnes & Pitts, Marian & John, McMaster
- 1043-1053 Mothers' fear of child death due to acute diarrhoea: A study in urban and rural communities in Northern Punjab, Pakistan
by Malik, Iftikhar A. & Bukhtiari, Noreen & Good, Mary-Jo D. & Iqbal, Muhammad & Azim, Seema & Nawaz, Muhammad & Ashraf, Lubna & Bhatty, Ruby & Ahmed, Aftab
- 1055-1063 The effects of variations in AFDC and medicaid eligibility on prenatal care use
by Coburn, Andrew F. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 1065-1076 Behavior change strategies for family planning
by Elder, John P. & Estey, Jacqueline D.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 839-850 An epidemic in the field? Rapid assessment procedures and health research
by Manderson, Lenore & Aaby, Peter
- 851-856 Immunization coverage, infant morbidity and infant mortality in freetown, Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul & Hill, Robert B. & Horton, S.A.T.P. & Kamara, Clifford & Chowdhury, Jamir
- 857-868 Global budgeting of hospitals in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K.W.
- 869-875 The psychological and social condition of hypertensives resistant to pharmacological treatment
by Isaksson, Hans & Konarski, Kristofer & Theorell, Töres
- 877-890 Re-assessing disability: The impact of schistosomal infection on daily activities among women in Gezira Province, Sudan
by Parker, Melissa
- 891-901 Mother sold food, daughter sells her body: The cultural continuity of prostitution
by Muecke, Margorie A.
- 903-906 Oral contraceptive marketing in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Afolabi Bamgboye, E. & Lapido, O.A.
- 907-913 Artificial donor insemination in Yaounde: Some socio-cultural considerations
by Njikam Savage, Olayinka Margaret
- 915-923 Marital status, fatness and obesity
by Sobal, Jeffrey & Rauschenbach, Barbara S. & Frongillo Jr., Edward A.
- 925-934 His and hers: Male and female anatomy in anatomy texts for U.S. medical students, 1890-1989
by Lawrence, Susan C. & Bendixen, Kae
- 935-947 Self-assessed health among Norwegian adults
by Moum, Torbjoârn
1992, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 747-751 Introduction
by Richters, Annemiek
- 753-766 The needs of women versus the interests of family planning personnel, policy-makers and researchers: Conflicting views on safety and acceptability of contraceptives
by Hardon, Anita Petra
- 767-776 The abortion pill: A solution for unsafe abortions in developing countries?
by Le Grand, Amanda
- 777-787 Female circumcision and gender identity: A questionable alliance?
by Van Der Kwaak, Anke
- 789-793 The value of symphyseotomy compared with caesarean section in cases of obstructed labour : Medical and anthropological considerations
by Engelkes, Elly & Van Roosmalen, Jos
- 795-798 Mothers, injections and poliomyelitis
by Wyatt, H. V.
- 799-810 The importance of extremes: The social implications of intra-household variation in child mortality
by Last, Murray
- 811-817 Training urban traditional birth attendants: Balancing international policy and local reality : Preliminary evidence from the slums of India on the attitudes and practice of clients and practitioners
by Stephens, Carolyn
- 819-829 The rise of female healers in the middle Atlas, Morocco
by Bakker, Jogien
- 831-837 Planning and evaluating women's participation in primary health care
by MacCormack, Carol
1992, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 627-645 Elephantiasis: A disease of development in North East Ghana
by Hunter, John M.
- 645-648 Who to blame? What to do?
by Stock, Robert
- 648-649 Rejoinder
by Hunter, John M.
- 651-664 Going to extremes: The cultural context of stress, illness and coping in Antarctica
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 665-678 Male and female morbidity in general practice: The nature of sex differences
by van Wijk, Cecile M.T.Gijsbers & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van Den Bosch, Wil J.H.M. & Van Den Hoogen, Henk J.M.
- 679-687 Adolescence and health inequalities: Extensions to macintyre and west
by Glendinning, Anthony & Love, John G. & Hendry, Leo B. & Shucksmith, Janet
- 689-697 Health and nutrition effects of cash crop production in developing countries: A comparative analysis
by Kennedy, Eileen & Bouis, Howarth & von Braun, Joachim
- 699-709 Psychometric investigation of a belief system: Caregiving to the chronically ill parent
by Albert, Steven M.
- 711-721 On the seclusion of psychiatric patients
by Brown, Julia S. & Tooke, Sharon K.
- 723-734 A shamanic etiology of affliction from western nepal
by Maskarinec, Gregory G.
- 735-738 Alcohol consumption among male reindeer herders of lappish and finnish origin
by Poikolainen, Kari & Näyhä, Simo & Hassi, Juhani
- 739-740 Infant mortality and illegitimacy
by Lester, David
1992, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 359-365 Assessment of the outcomes of health intervention
by Erben, Rosmarie & Franzkowiak, Peter & Wenzel, Eberhard
- 367-375 Assessment of outcomes of health intervention
by Jenkins, C. David
- 377-387 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Powles, John
- 389-399 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Uutela, Antti & Tuomilehto, Jaakko
- 401-407 On the epistemology of risk: Language, logic and social science
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 409-417 Cultural influences in community participation in health
by Stone, Linda
- 419-424 Cultural and structural influences in the creation of and participation in community health programmes
by Woelk, G. B.
- 425-432 Dying with dignity
by Madan, T. N.
- 433-441 To die with dignity
by Sampaio, Leonor
- 443-452 Birth order and health: Major issues
by Elliott, Barbara A.
- 453-464 The effects of family position and status on health
by Macintyre, Sally
- 465-469 Equity and efficiency in health care
by Light, Donald W.
- 471-479 Substance abuse and control in the united states: Ethical and legal issues
by Newcomb, Michael D.
- 481-493 Ethical and legal issues in the control of drug abuse and drug trafficking: The Nigerian case
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 495-505 Ethical and legal implications of the new genetics: Issues for discussion
by Wertz, Dorothy C.
- 507-513 Health and social problems of refugees
by Clinton-Davis, Lord & Fassil, Yohannes
- 515-523 New paradigms for refugee health problems
by Muecke, Marjorie A.
- 525-529 Health care consequences of the European economic community in 1993 and beyond
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar & Stephenson, Patricia
- 531-540 Impediments to basing government health policies on science in the United States
by Greenberg, Michael
- 541-547 Realities of health for all by the year 2000
by Rathwell, Tom
- 549-555 The role of doctors as health care managers: An international perspective
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & Asfura, Murielle Bendeck & Mora, Julio Frenk
- 557-566 Doctors as managers: Poachers turned gamekeepers?
by Hunter, David J.
- 567-577 High cost technology in health care: A benefit or a burden?
by Rutten, Frans F. H. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 579-587 Challenges to understanding spatial patterns of disease: Philosophical alternatives to logical positivism
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 589-596 Threats to the world eco-system: A role for the social scientists
by Desai, Bharat
- 597-602 Existential ecology: The human/natural world
by Gadow, Sally
- 603-612 The use and value of qualitative methods in health research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek
- 613-617 Women's access to health care in developing countries
by Nash Ojanuga, Durrenda & Gilbert, Cathy
- 619-626 Women and access to health care
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
1992, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 227-238 The genetic analysis of human behavior: A new era?
by Billings, Paul R. & Beckwith, Jonathan & Alper, Joseph S.
- 239-249 Community health promotion programs
by Fincham, S.
- 251-259 The negotiation of death: Clinical decision making at the end of life
by Slomka, Jacquelyn
- 261-269 The psychosocial review of systems
by Goldberg, Richard J. & Novack, Dennis H.
- 271-279 Determinants and dimensions involved in self-evaluation of health
by Fýlkesnes, Knut & Førde, Olav Helge
- 281-286 Varied potential risks of HIV infection among prostitutes
by Jackson, Lois & Highcrest, Alexàndra & Coates, Randall A.
- 287-293 Responses to the institution among elderly patients in hospital long-stay care
by Higgs, P. F. & MacDonald, L. D. & Ward, M. C.
- 295-303 Physician satisfaction, professional characteristics and behavior formalization in hospitals
by Stevens, Fred & Diederiks, Joseph & Philipsen, Hans
- 305-315 A comparative study of abused and neglected American Indian children in the Southwest
by DeBruyn, Lemyra M. & Lujan, Carol Chiago & May, Philip A.
- 317-322 Do Australian researchers accept committee review and conduct ethical research?
by McNeill, Paul M. & Berglund, Catherine A. & Webster, Ian W.
- 323-333 Joining a healing community for cancer: Who and why?
by Sutherland, Carol E. & Goldstein, Michael S.
- 335-346 Indigenous mortality: Placing Australian aboriginal mortality within a broader context
by Hogg, Robert S.
- 347-355 Verbal exchanges in medical interviews: Concepts and measurement
by Stiles, William B. & Putnam, Samuel M.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 105-110 Psychosocial problems in primary care: Some results from the Dutch national study of morbidity and interventions in general practice
by Verhaak, Peter F. M. & Tijhuis, Marja A. R.
- 111-120 Policy directions in urban health in developing countries--The slum improvement approach
by Harpham, Trudy & Stephens, Carolyn
- 121-130 Sexually transmitted disease, ethnomedicine and health policy in Africa
by Green, Edward C.
- 131-137 Malaria: Ethnomedical perceptions and practice in an Adangbe farming community and implications for control
by Agyepong, Irene Akua
- 139-145 Quality of life in patients with resected oesophageal cancer
by van Knippenberg, F. C. E. & Out, J. J. & Tilanus, H. W. & Mud, H. J. & Hop, W. C. J. & Verhage, F.
- 147-160 Syphilis, sex and crack cocaine: Images of risk and morality
by Balshem, Martha & Oxman, Gary & van Rooyen, Deborah & Girod, Kathy
- 161-175 Economic appraisal of asthma and COPD care: A literature review 1980-1991
by P.M.H., Maureen & Mölken, Rutten-Van & Van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 177-182 Kidney procurement policies in the eurotransplant region : 'Opting in' versus 'opting out'
by Kokkedee, William
- 183-188 From illness to symbol and symbol to illness
by Lieban, Richard W.
- 189-193 A classification of psychological distress for use in primary care settings
by Goldberg, David
- 195-208 Mortality from selected cancers in NSW and Sydney, Australia
by Burnley, I. H.
- 209-216 Professional reimbursement and management of time in general practice : An international comparison
by Calnan, Michael & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack
- 217-224 Integrating conflicting professional roles: Physician participation in randomized clinical trials
by Taylor, Kathryn M.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-2 Reckless driving, casual sex and shoplifting: What psychiatric categories, culture and history reveal about each other
by Nuckolls, Charles W.
- 3-24 From DSM-I to III-R; voices of self, mastery and the other: A cultural constructivist reading of U.S. psychiatric classification
by Gaines, Atwood D.
- 25-35 Structured ambiguity and the definition of psychiatric illness: Adjustment disorder among medical inpatients
by Pollock, Donald
- 37-47 Toward a cultural history of the personality disorders
by Nuckolls, Charles W.
- 49-56 The social construction of premenstrual syndrome
by Rodin, Mari
- 57-71 Psychiatry as social ordering: Anorexia nervosa, a paradigm
by Gremillion, Helen
- 73-80 Adolescence as a culture-bound syndrome
by Hill, Robert F. & Dennis Fortenberry, J.
- 81-90 DSM-III-R and religion
by Post, Stephen G.
- 91-103 The role of culture in a theory of psychiatric illness
by Fabrega, Horacio
1992, Volume 34, Issue 12
- 1303-1303 Introduction
by Powers, Bethel Ann
- 1305-1315 Feeling old versus being old: Views of troubled aging
by Cremin, Mary Christine
- 1317-1323 "It's like you're down on a bed of affliction": Aging and diabetes among black Americans
by Reid, Barbara V.
- 1325-1334 Intimacy, domesticity and pet therapy with the elderly: Expectation and experience among nursing home volunteers
by Savishinsky, Joel S.
- 1335-1343 The roles staff play in the social networks of elderly institutionalized people
by Powers, Bethel Ann
- 1345-1350 Health and illness behavior and patient-practitioner relationships
by Mechanic, David
- 1351-1361 The experience of asthma
by Snadden, David & Brown, Judith Belle
- 1363-1375 The routinization of hospice: Charisma and bureaucratization
by James, Nicky & Field, David
- 1377-1383 Effects of occupational stress on the physical and psychological health of women in a microelectronics plant
by Bromet, Evelyn J. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Parkinson, David K. & Cohen, Shelly & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 1385-1397 Health-seeking behavior and the meaning of medications in Balochistan, Pakistan
by Hunte, Pamela A. & Sultana, Farhat
- 1399-1404 Compensation for harm: The implications for medical research
by Harvey, Ian & Chadwick, Ruth
- 1405-1411 Pregnant dreaming: Search for a typology of a proposed dream genre
by Sered, Susan & Abramovitch, Henry
- 1413-1424 The effect of the social organization of work on the voluntary turnover rate of hospital nurses in the United States
by Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Nichols, Beverly A.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 11
- 1169-1182 Underreaction to AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Caldwell, John C. & Orubuloye, I.O. & Caldwell, Pat
- 1183-1190 Planning health care in South Africa--Is there a role for traditional healers?
by Freeman, M. & Motsei, M.
- 1191-1201 Suicide and unemployment in Italy: Description, analysis and interpretation of recent trends
by Platt, Stephen & Micciolo, Rocco & Tansella, Michele
- 1203-1216 Methodological issues and research strategies in the study of coping with cancer
by Somerfield, Mark & Curbow, Barbara
- 1217-1225 Patients' choices and perceptions after an invitation to participate in treatment decisions
by England, Stephanie Legg & Evans, Jeremy
- 1227-1235 Perceived morbidity and health behaviour in a Dogon community
by Copp[combining acute accent]o, P. & Pisani, L. & Keita, A.
- 1237-1247 Access to ambulatory care among noninstitutionalized, activity-limited persons 65 and over
by Miller, Robert H.
- 1249-1261 The quality and quantity of social support: Stroke recovery as psycho-social transition
by Glass, Thomas A. & Maddox, George L.
- 1263-1269 Genetic counselor attitudes towards fetal sex identification and selective abortion
by Burke, B.Meredith
- 1271-1276 Provision of food and fluids in terminal care: A sociological analysis
by McInerney, Fran
- 1277-1290 Mother's milk and pseudoscientific breastmilk testing in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S.
- 1291-1293 Prevalence of smoking in secondary schools in the greater Accra region of Ghana
by Amonoo-Lartson, R. & Pappoe, Matilda E.
- 1295-1297 Beri-beri: Age-gender bias in the Gambia
by Barrett, Hazel R. & Browne, Angela W.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1069-1076 The cultural logic of Indian medicine: Prognosis and etiology in Rajasthani popular therapeutics
by Lambert, Helen
- 1077-1087 What can information systems do for primary health care? An international perspective
by Sandiford, Peter & Annett, Hugh & Cibulskis, Richard
- 1089-1095 Community-based HIV/AIDS research--Whither community participation? Unsolved problems in a research programme in rural Uganda
by Seeley, Janet A. & Kengeya-Kayondo, Jane F. & Mulder, Daan W.
- 1097-1103 Quantitative and qualitative approaches to the evaluation of the medical dialogue
by Roter, Debra & Frankel, Richard
- 1105-1117 Yolmo aesthetics of body, health and 'soul loss'
by Desjarlais, Robert R.
- 1119-1127 Sexual behaviour related to psycho-social factors in a population of Danish homosexual and bisexual men
by Schmidt, Kirsten W. & Fouchard, Jan R. & Krasnik, Allan & Zoffmann, Henrik & Jacobsen, Henrik L. & Kreiner, Svend
- 1129-1134 Development and validation of the PCQ: A questionnaire to measure the psychological consequences of screening mammography
by Cockburn, Jill & De Luise, Trudy & Hurley, Susan & Clover, Kerrie
- 1135-1146 The impact of road construction on the spatial characteristics of hospital utilization in the Meru district of Kenya
by Airey, Tony
- 1147-1154 Determinants of perceived health status of medical outpatients
by Barsky, Arthur J. & Cleary, Paul D. & Klerman, Gerald L.
- 1155-1163 Communicative styles and adaptations in physician-parent consultations
by Street, Richard L.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 9
- 945-945 Preface
by Barer, Morris L. & Culyer, Anthony J. & Mooney, Gavin
- 947-957 Econometric critique of the economic change model of mortality
by Søgaard, Jes
- 959-964 To prescribe or not to prescribe: On the regulation of pharmaceuticals in less developed countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S.
- 965-972 The economic evaluation of malaria control technologies: The case of Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 973-981 Assessing the costs and benefits of medical research: The diabetic retinopathy study
by Drummond, Michael F. & Davies, Linda M. & Ferris, Frederick L.
- 983-991 The impact of recombinant human erythropoietin on medical care costs for hemodialysis patients in Canada
by Sheingold, Steven & Churchill, David & Muirhead, Norman & Laupacis, Andreas & Labelle, Roberta & Goeree, Ronald
- 993-1004 A cost utility analysis of mammography screening in Australia
by Hall, Jane & Gerard, Karen & Salkeld, Glenn & Richardson, Jeff
- 1005-1010 Towards a new approach for estimating indirect costs of disease
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin
- 1011-1021 Quality competition in local hospital markets: Some econometric evidence from the period 1982-1988
by Chirikos, Thomas N.
- 1023-1034 Consumer information and biased selection in the demand for coverage supplementing medicare
by Davidson, Bruce N. & Sofaer, Shoshanna & Gertler, Paul
- 1035-1048 Towards a capitation formula for competing health insurers. An empirical analysis
by van Vliet, RenéC. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 1049-1055 The collectivisation of health insurance
by Nuijens, W. J. F. I.
- 1057-1068 International health spending forecasts: Concepts and evaluation
by Getzen, Thomas E. & Poullier, Jean-Pierre
1992, Volume 34, Issue 8
- 829-835 Child developmental delay and socio-economic disadvantage in Australia: A longitudinal study
by Najman, J. M. & Bor, W. & Morrison, J. & Andersen, M. & Williams, G.
- 837-842 More resources better health? A cross-national perspective
by Kim, Kwangkee & Moody, Philip M.
- 843-853 Behavioral risk factors for sexually transmitted disease in american households
by Ericksen, Karen Paige & Trocki, Karen F.
- 855-865 Yellow fever epidemics and mortality in the United States, 1693-1905
by Patterson, K. David
- 867-884 'Culture' in culture-bound syndromes: The case of anorexia nervosa
by Banks, Caroline Giles
- 885-898 Shades of blue: The negotiation of limited codes by medical residents
by Muller, Jessica H.
- 899-905 Maternal education in relation to early and late child health outcomes: Findings from a Brazilian cohort study
by Victoria, Cesar G. & Huttly, Sharon R. A. & Barros, Fernando C. & Lombardi, Cintia & Vaughan, J. Patrick
- 907-917 Gender, marital status and the social control of health behavior
by Umberson, Debra
- 919-927 A comparison of social support variables between women who intend to breast or bottle feed
by Renee Matich, J. & Sims, Laura S.
- 929-942 Correlates of hysterectomy in Australia
by Santow, Gigi & Bracher, Michael
1992, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 719-724 Militarism and world health
by Kiefer, Christie W.