Social Science & Medicine
1993, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 609-614 White liver: A cultural disorder resembling aids
by Kerr, Harry D.
- 615-623 Attitudes towards disabilities in a multicultural society
by Westbrook, Mary T. & Legge, Varoe & Pennay, Mark
- 625-629 Primary mental health care in Nicaragua
by Byng, Richard
- 631-639 Predictors of psychological distress among southeast Asian refugees
by Chung, Rita Chi-Ying & Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 641-655 Changes in life satisfaction over a two and a half year period among very elderly people living in London
by Bowling, Ann & Farquhar, Morag & Grundy, Emily & Formby, Juliet
- 657-663 Professional constructions of a 'lay' illness: 'Nerves' in a rural 'coloured' community in South Africa
by Reynolds, John & Swartz, Leslie
- 665-672 Evaluation of a face-to-face weaning food intervention in Kwara state, Nigeria: Knowledge, trial, and adoption of a home-prepared weaning food
by Guptill, Katharine S. & Esrey, Steven A. & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H.
- 673-681 Blood is hotter than water: Popular use of hot and cold in Kel Tamasheq illness management
by Randall, Sara C.
- 683-692 Comparing nurses' and patients' pain evaluations: A study of hospitalized patients in Kuwait
by Harrison, Ann
- 693-701 Validity and reliability testing of the FAMCARE scale: Measuring family satisfaction with advanced cancer care
by Kristjanson, Linda J.
- 703-707 The impact of induced abortions on fertility in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 713-714 Letter to the editor
by Zhang, Kaining
1993, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 385-391 Financing health care in rural China: Preliminary report of a nationwide study
by Xingyuan, Gu & Bloom, Gerald & Shenglan, Tang & Yingya, Zhu & Shouqi, Zhou & Xingbao, Chen
- 393-402 Stress, anxiety and depression: Women's accounts of their health problems
by Walters, Vivienne
- 403-407 Malaria chemoprophylaxis compliance in pregnant women: A cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative interventions
by Helitzer-Allen, Deborah L. & McFarland, Deborah A. & Wirima, Jack J. & Macheso, Allen P.
- 409-418 Problems in the measurement and international comparison of socio-economic differences in mortality
by Valkonen, Tapani
- 419-427 Gender differences in health perceptions and their predictors
by Anson, Ofra & Paran, Esther & Neumann, Lily & Chernichovsky, Dov
- 429-439 Anthropology and AIDS: The cultural context of sexual risk behavior among urban Baganda women in Kampala, Uganda
by McGrath, Janet W. & Rwabukwali, Charles B. & Schumann, Debra A. & Pearson-Marks, Jonnie & Nakayiwa, Sylvia & Namande, Barbara & Nakyobe, Lucy & Mukasa, Rebecca
- 441-450 Socioeconomic status and physical health, how are they related? An empirical study based on twins reared apart and twins reared together
by Lichtenstein, Paul & Harris, Jennifer R. & Pedersen, Nancy L. & McClearn, G.E.
- 451-462 Recent trends in sex mortality ratios for adults in developed countries
by Waldron, Ingrid
- 463-474 Social and epidemiological aspects of Guinea worm control
by Audibert, M. & Coulibaly, D. & Doumbo, O. & Kodio, B. & Soula, G. & Traore, S.
- 475-483 Experiences of Australian mothers who gave birth either at home, at a birth centre, or in hospital labour wards
by Cunningham, John D.
- 485-494 Ensuring access to health care with the introduction of user fees: A Kenyan example
by Huber, Joyce H.
- 495-507 The Latin American trial of psychosocial support during pregnancy: A social intervention evaluated through an experimental design
by Langer, Ana & Victoria, Cesar & Victoria, Magda & Barros, Fernando & Farnot, Ubaldo & Belizan, Jose & Villar, Jose
- 509-524 Correlates of AIDS knowledge in samples of the general population
by Peruga, Armando & Celentano, David D.
- 525-531 Oral rehydration therapy--Qualitative studies of balance between pragmatism and scientific rigour in managing diarrhoea
by Ueli, Bollag
- 533-546 Excess mortality among the unmarried: A case study of Japan
by Goldman, Noreen & Hu, Yuanreng
- 547-556 Life satisfaction and health in cancer patients, orthopedic patients and healthy individuals
by Kreitler, Shulamith & Chaitchik, Samario & Rapoport, Yoram & Kreitler, Hans & Algor, Rahel
- 557-564 Geographic patterns of low birth weight in Hawaii
by Kieffer, Edith C. & Alexander, Greg R. & Lewis, Nancy D & Mor, Joanne
- 565-568 Public Attitudes to charging for some national health service services
by Gooder, P. & Charny, M. & Farrow, S.
- 569-573 Patterns of dentist location: Lansing, Michigan 1950-1991
by Lowell-Smith, Elizabeth G.
- 583-583 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 175-194 The competing discourses of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa: Discourses of rights and empowerment vs discourses of control and exclusion
by Seidel, Gill
- 195-202 Descriptive and normative ethics: Class, context and confidentiality for mothers with HIV
by Brown, Kate H.
- 203-216 Individual rights vs the public health: The problem of the Asian hepatitis B carriers in America
by Muraskin, William
- 217-225 The quality of social roles as predictors of morbidity and mortality
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 227-235 Managerial style and health promotion programs
by Witte, Kim
- 237-247 The Islamic dialogue with African traditional religion: Divination and health care
by Kirby, Jon P.
- 249-264 The power of compassion: Truth-telling among American doctors in the care of dying patients
by Miyaji, Naoko T.
- 265-272 Post-empiricism and psychiatry: Meaning and methodology in cross-cultural research
by Bracken, Patrick J.
- 273-282 Living longer but doing worse: Assessing health status in elderly persons at two points in time in Manitoba, Canada, 1971 and 1983
by Roos, Noralou P. & Havens, Betty & Black, Charlyn
- 283-288 Colostrum and ideas about bad milk: A case study from Guinea-Bissau
by Gunnlaugsson, Geir & Einarsdóttir, Jónína
- 289-295 Type A behavior: Contextual effects within a Southern black community
by Dressler, William W.
- 297-304 Women's work and infant care in the Philippines
by Doan, Rebecca Miles & Popkin, Barry M.
- 305-310 Intrahousehold allocation of resources in larger and smaller Mexican households
by Baer, Roberta D. & Madrigal, Lorena
- 311-315 Women's views of ultrasonography : A comparison of women's experiences of antenatal ultrasound screening with cerebral ultrasound of their newborn infant
by Thorpe, Karen & Harker, Lisa & Pike, Alison & Marlow, Neil
- 317-331 Socio-cultural determinants of child mortality in Southern Peru: Including some methodological considerations
by De Meer, Kees & Bergman, Roland & Kusner, John S.
- 333-342 Pregnancy and childbirth among the amish
by Campanella, Karla & Korbin, Jill E. & Acheson, Louise
- 343-351 Factors associated with high-quantity prescriptions of benzodiazepines in Sweden
by Isacson, Dag & Bingefors, Kerstin & Wennberg, Mats & Dahlström, Monica
- 353-360 Parental social support and child behaviour problems in different populations and socioeconomic groups: A methodological study
by Thernlund, Gunilla M. & Samuelsson, Margarita A. K.
- 361-370 Dental care use by U.S. veterans eligible for VA care
by Gilbert, Gregg H. & Branch, Laurence G. & Longmate, Jeffrey
- 371-372 Mothers brought dead: An enquiry into causes of delay
by Jafarey, Sadiqua N. & Korejo, Razia
- 373-377 Perception of diarrhoeal diseases among mothers and mothers-to-be implications for health education in Saudi Arabia
by Rasheed, Parveen
- 383-383 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
- iii-vi Why changing the U.S. health care system is so difficult
by Wolfe, Barbara L.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 95-102 Social research in health and the American sociopolitical context: The changing fortunes of medical sociology
by Mechanic, David
- 103-108 Health research, a key to equity in health development
by Ramalingaswami, V.
- 109-117 The promotion of health through planned sociopolitical change: Challenges for research and policy
by McKinlay, John B.
- 119-123 Geography of health: Some trends and perspectives
by Verhasselt, Yola
- 125-135 Health transition: The cultural, social and behavioural determinants of health in the Third World
by Caldwell, John C.
- 137-141 Reflections on the economist and health economics in an international setting
by Andreano, Ralph
- 143-155 In search of a contemporary theory for understanding mortality change
by Murray, Christopher J. L. & Chen, Lincoln C.
- 157-166 Health and poverty: Past, present and prospects for the future
by Najman, Jake M.
- 167-173 Self, identity and the naming question: Reflections on the language of disability
by Zola, Irving Kenneth
- vii-vii Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-5 Introduction
by Stacey, Margaret & Olesen, Virginia
- 7-14 Healthy bodies, social bodies: Men's and women's concepts and practices of health in everyday life
by Saltonstall, Robin
- 15-20 Gender differences in the perceptions of common cold symptoms
by Macintyre, Sally
- 21-32 Gender inequalities in health: Social position, affective disorders and minor physical morbidity
by Popay, Jennie & Bartley, Mel & Owen, Charlie
- 33-46 Gender and inequalities in health in later life
by Arber, Sara & Ginn, Jay
- 47-55 Prostitutes and chimney sweeps both have problems: Towards full integration of both sexes in the study of occupational health
by Messing, Karen & Dumais, Lucie & Romito, Patrizia
- 57-66 Reconceptualizing gender in physician-patient relationships
by West, Candace
- 67-76 Structure and struggle: Implementing a social model of a well woman clinic in Glasgow
by Craddock, Carole & Reid, Margaret
- 77-83 Keeping children healthy--The intermediate domain
by Mayall, Berry
- 85-93 Issues of gender in gamete donation
by Haimes, Erica
- v-vii On the relationship between knowledge and action in health policy
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 1421-1431 Can ethnography save the life of medical ethics?
by Hoffmaster, Barry
- 1433-1443 Innovation in primary care: Community health services in Mexico and the United States
by Sherraden, Margaret Sherrard & Wallace, Steven P.
- 1445-1455 Workable competition in health care: Prospects for the Dutch design
by Schut, Frederik T.
- 1457-1468 The anthropology of sexually transmitted disease in Liberia
by Green, Edward C.
- 1469-1476 Led (astray) by genetic maps: The cartography of the human genome and health care
by Lippman, A.
- 1477-1484 Primary care training for patent medicine vendors in rural Nigeria
by Oshiname, Frederick O. & Brieger, William R.
- 1485-1495 Fair law, unfair practices? Benefiting from protective legislation for pregnant workers in Italy and France
by Romito, Patrizia & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe
- 1497-1504 The gap between legal rules and practice in advertising non-registered pharmaceutical products : A new method of analysis
by Wieringa, N. F. & de Meijer, A. H. R. & Schutjens, M. D. B. & Vos, R.
- 1505-1509 A study of quality of life in cancer patients receiving palliative chemotherapy
by Payne, S. A.
- 1511-1520 The relationship between work stress and oral health status
by Segura Marcenes, Wagner & Sheiham, Aubrey
- 1521-1523 Optimizing bereavement outcome: Reading the road ahead
by Couldrick, Ann
- 1525-1533 Disease concordances amongst marital partners: Not 'way of life' or mortality data artifact
by Jones, Fiona & Fletcher, Ben (C. )
1992, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1321-1324 Research capacity building in international health: Definitions, evaluations and strategies for success
by Trostle, James
- 1325-1327 Developing partnerships for health and social science research: The International Clinical Epidemiology Network (INCLEN) social science component
by Higginbotham, Nick
- 1329-1341 A strategy for promoting improved pharmaceutical use: The international network for rational use of drugs
by Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Laing, Richard & Quick, Jonathan & Mohamed Ali, Hassan & Ofori-Adjei, David & Salako, Lateef & Santoso, Budiono
- 1343-1357 The potential of transdisciplinary research for sustaining and extending linkages between the health and social sciences
by Rosenfield, Patricia L.
- 1359-1367 Local knowledge: Research capacity building in international health
by Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo
- 1369-1378 Manuals for ethnographic data collection: Experience and issues
by Herman, Elizabeth & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 1379-1387 Building applied health research capacity in less-developed countries: Problems encountered by the ADDR project
by Trostle, James & Simon, Jonathon
- 1389-1395 Developing applied medical anthropology in third world countries: Problems and actions
by Pelto, Pertti J. & Pelto, Gretel H.
- 1397-1404 Balancing relevance and excellence: Organizational responses to link research with decision making
by Frenk, Julio
- 1405-1420 Theory-driven behavioral intervention research for the control of diarrheal diseases
by Stanton, Bonita & Black, Robert & Engle, Patrice & Pelto, Gretel
1992, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1211-1213 Caribbean transformations : Introduction
by Sargent, Carolyn F. & Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1215-1223 Contemporary health care and the colonial and neo-colonial experience: The case of the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1225-1232 Transformations in maternity services in Jamaica
by Sargent, Carolyn & Rawlins, Joan
- 1233-1244 Social factors mediating social class differences in blood pressure in a Jamaican community
by Dressler, William W. & Grell, Gerald A. C. & Gallagher, Philip N. & Viteri, Fernando E.
- 1245-1257 West Indian gender relations, family planning programs and fertility decline
by Penn Handwerker, W.
- 1259-1271 The effect of parental age, birth order and other variables on early childhood mortality: A Caribbean example
by Brittain, Ann W.
- 1273-1282 Family planning in St Vincent, West Indies: A population history perspective
by Gearing, Jean
- 1283-1292 Social inequities in cardiovascular disease risk factors in East and West Germany
by Helmert, Uwe & Mielck, Andreas & Classen, Elvira
- 1293-1302 An occupational health programme for adults and children in the carpet weaving industry, Mirzapur, India: A case study in the informal sector
by Das, P. K. & Shukla, K. P. & Öry, F. G.
- 1303-1310 The costs of diabetes and its complications
by Leese, Brenda
- 1311-1315 Depression and self-esteem: Rapid screening for depression in black, low literacy, hospitalized tuberculosis patients
by Westaway, Margaret S. & Wolmarans, Liezel
- 1317-1320 Contributions of the proximate determinants to fertility change in Senegal
by Onuoha, Nelson
1992, Volume 35, Issue 9
- 1079-1091 Ethics are local: Engaging cross-cultural variation in the ethics for clinical research
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1093-1102 Culture, meaning and disability: Injury prevention campaigns and the production of stigma
by Wang, Caroline
- 1103-1113 The relationship between consumption and worker productivity: Nutrition and economic approaches
by Korjenek, Patrice A.
- 1115-1122 On the edge: Ward-rounds in a South African psychiatric emergency department
by Swartz, Leslie
- 1123-1129 Exploratory analysis of children's nutrition programs in Canada
by McIntyre, Lynn & Dayle, Jutta B.
- 1131-1136 Is users' knowledge about contraceptives adequate? A case study of finnish IUD users
by Makkonen, Katri & Hemminki, Elina & Uutela, Antti
- 1137-1144 Accounting for differences: Dutch training nurses and their views on migrant women
by van der Zwaard, Joke
- 1145-1155 Exploration of doctor and patient agendas in general practice consultations
by Butler, N.M. & Campion, P.D. & Cox, A.D.
- 1157-1170 Influence of bed supply and health care organization on regional and local patterns of diabetes related hospitalization
by Brown, Laurie J. & Barnett, J.Ross
- 1171-1178 Church-based obstetric care in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayodele
- 1179-1187 Marital status and infant health outcomes
by Bennett, Trude
- 1189-1197 Psychosocial factors influencing non-urgent use of the emergency room: A review of the literature and recommendations for research and improved service delivery
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Brodsky, Beth
- 1199-1210 Fertility differentials among the Ijo in Southern Nigeria: Does urban residence make a difference?
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
1992, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 951-958 Discrimination towards disabled people seeking employment
by Ravaud, Jean-François & Madiot, Béatrice & Ville, Isabelle
- 959-965 Sociology in American medical education since the 1960s: The rhetoric of reform
by Wegar, Katarina
- 967-977 Maternal health and the measurement trap
by Graham, Wendy J. & Campbell, Oona M. R.
- 979-985 Costs of home care for advanced breast and cervical cancer in relation to cost-effectiveness of screening
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & Miltenburg, Theo E. M.
- 987-995 Primary care in accident and emergency and general practice: A comparison
by Green, Judith & Dale, Jeremy
- 997-1001 Regular pattern of preventive dental services--A measure of access
by Newman, John F. & Gift, Helen C.
- 1003-1014 Sickness impact profile: The state of the art of a generic functional status measure
by de Bruin, A. F. & de Witte, L. P. & Stevens, F. & Diederiks, J. P. M.
- 1015-1025 Drug retailer training: Experiences from Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Gartoulla, Ritu Prasad & Pradhan, Y. M. S. & Shrestha, A. D. & Karkee, S. B. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1027-1035 Deriving a survey measure of social support: The reliability and validity of the close persons questionnaire
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Marmot, Michael
- 1037-1042 The use of herbal and other agents to enhance sexual experience
by Runganga, Agnes & Pitts, Marian & John, McMaster
- 1043-1053 Mothers' fear of child death due to acute diarrhoea: A study in urban and rural communities in Northern Punjab, Pakistan
by Malik, Iftikhar A. & Bukhtiari, Noreen & Good, Mary-Jo D. & Iqbal, Muhammad & Azim, Seema & Nawaz, Muhammad & Ashraf, Lubna & Bhatty, Ruby & Ahmed, Aftab
- 1055-1063 The effects of variations in AFDC and medicaid eligibility on prenatal care use
by Coburn, Andrew F. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 1065-1076 Behavior change strategies for family planning
by Elder, John P. & Estey, Jacqueline D.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 839-850 An epidemic in the field? Rapid assessment procedures and health research
by Manderson, Lenore & Aaby, Peter
- 851-856 Immunization coverage, infant morbidity and infant mortality in freetown, Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul & Hill, Robert B. & Horton, S.A.T.P. & Kamara, Clifford & Chowdhury, Jamir
- 857-868 Global budgeting of hospitals in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K.W.
- 869-875 The psychological and social condition of hypertensives resistant to pharmacological treatment
by Isaksson, Hans & Konarski, Kristofer & Theorell, Töres
- 877-890 Re-assessing disability: The impact of schistosomal infection on daily activities among women in Gezira Province, Sudan
by Parker, Melissa
- 891-901 Mother sold food, daughter sells her body: The cultural continuity of prostitution
by Muecke, Margorie A.
- 903-906 Oral contraceptive marketing in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Afolabi Bamgboye, E. & Lapido, O.A.
- 907-913 Artificial donor insemination in Yaounde: Some socio-cultural considerations
by Njikam Savage, Olayinka Margaret
- 915-923 Marital status, fatness and obesity
by Sobal, Jeffrey & Rauschenbach, Barbara S. & Frongillo Jr., Edward A.
- 925-934 His and hers: Male and female anatomy in anatomy texts for U.S. medical students, 1890-1989
by Lawrence, Susan C. & Bendixen, Kae
- 935-947 Self-assessed health among Norwegian adults
by Moum, Torbjoârn
1992, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 747-751 Introduction
by Richters, Annemiek
- 753-766 The needs of women versus the interests of family planning personnel, policy-makers and researchers: Conflicting views on safety and acceptability of contraceptives
by Hardon, Anita Petra
- 767-776 The abortion pill: A solution for unsafe abortions in developing countries?
by Le Grand, Amanda
- 777-787 Female circumcision and gender identity: A questionable alliance?
by Van Der Kwaak, Anke
- 789-793 The value of symphyseotomy compared with caesarean section in cases of obstructed labour : Medical and anthropological considerations
by Engelkes, Elly & Van Roosmalen, Jos
- 795-798 Mothers, injections and poliomyelitis
by Wyatt, H. V.
- 799-810 The importance of extremes: The social implications of intra-household variation in child mortality
by Last, Murray
- 811-817 Training urban traditional birth attendants: Balancing international policy and local reality : Preliminary evidence from the slums of India on the attitudes and practice of clients and practitioners
by Stephens, Carolyn
- 819-829 The rise of female healers in the middle Atlas, Morocco
by Bakker, Jogien
- 831-837 Planning and evaluating women's participation in primary health care
by MacCormack, Carol
1992, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 627-645 Elephantiasis: A disease of development in North East Ghana
by Hunter, John M.
- 645-648 Who to blame? What to do?
by Stock, Robert
- 648-649 Rejoinder
by Hunter, John M.
- 651-664 Going to extremes: The cultural context of stress, illness and coping in Antarctica
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 665-678 Male and female morbidity in general practice: The nature of sex differences
by van Wijk, Cecile M.T.Gijsbers & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van Den Bosch, Wil J.H.M. & Van Den Hoogen, Henk J.M.
- 679-687 Adolescence and health inequalities: Extensions to macintyre and west
by Glendinning, Anthony & Love, John G. & Hendry, Leo B. & Shucksmith, Janet
- 689-697 Health and nutrition effects of cash crop production in developing countries: A comparative analysis
by Kennedy, Eileen & Bouis, Howarth & von Braun, Joachim
- 699-709 Psychometric investigation of a belief system: Caregiving to the chronically ill parent
by Albert, Steven M.
- 711-721 On the seclusion of psychiatric patients
by Brown, Julia S. & Tooke, Sharon K.
- 723-734 A shamanic etiology of affliction from western nepal
by Maskarinec, Gregory G.
- 735-738 Alcohol consumption among male reindeer herders of lappish and finnish origin
by Poikolainen, Kari & Näyhä, Simo & Hassi, Juhani
- 739-740 Infant mortality and illegitimacy
by Lester, David
1992, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 359-365 Assessment of the outcomes of health intervention
by Erben, Rosmarie & Franzkowiak, Peter & Wenzel, Eberhard
- 367-375 Assessment of outcomes of health intervention
by Jenkins, C. David
- 377-387 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Powles, John
- 389-399 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Uutela, Antti & Tuomilehto, Jaakko
- 401-407 On the epistemology of risk: Language, logic and social science
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 409-417 Cultural influences in community participation in health
by Stone, Linda
- 419-424 Cultural and structural influences in the creation of and participation in community health programmes
by Woelk, G. B.
- 425-432 Dying with dignity
by Madan, T. N.
- 433-441 To die with dignity
by Sampaio, Leonor
- 443-452 Birth order and health: Major issues
by Elliott, Barbara A.
- 453-464 The effects of family position and status on health
by Macintyre, Sally
- 465-469 Equity and efficiency in health care
by Light, Donald W.
- 471-479 Substance abuse and control in the united states: Ethical and legal issues
by Newcomb, Michael D.
- 481-493 Ethical and legal issues in the control of drug abuse and drug trafficking: The Nigerian case
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 495-505 Ethical and legal implications of the new genetics: Issues for discussion
by Wertz, Dorothy C.
- 507-513 Health and social problems of refugees
by Clinton-Davis, Lord & Fassil, Yohannes
- 515-523 New paradigms for refugee health problems
by Muecke, Marjorie A.
- 525-529 Health care consequences of the European economic community in 1993 and beyond
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar & Stephenson, Patricia
- 531-540 Impediments to basing government health policies on science in the United States
by Greenberg, Michael
- 541-547 Realities of health for all by the year 2000
by Rathwell, Tom
- 549-555 The role of doctors as health care managers: An international perspective
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & Asfura, Murielle Bendeck & Mora, Julio Frenk
- 557-566 Doctors as managers: Poachers turned gamekeepers?
by Hunter, David J.
- 567-577 High cost technology in health care: A benefit or a burden?
by Rutten, Frans F. H. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 579-587 Challenges to understanding spatial patterns of disease: Philosophical alternatives to logical positivism
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 589-596 Threats to the world eco-system: A role for the social scientists
by Desai, Bharat
- 597-602 Existential ecology: The human/natural world
by Gadow, Sally
- 603-612 The use and value of qualitative methods in health research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek
- 613-617 Women's access to health care in developing countries
by Nash Ojanuga, Durrenda & Gilbert, Cathy
- 619-626 Women and access to health care
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
1992, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 227-238 The genetic analysis of human behavior: A new era?
by Billings, Paul R. & Beckwith, Jonathan & Alper, Joseph S.
- 239-249 Community health promotion programs
by Fincham, S.