Social Science & Medicine
1990, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 577-584 The mortality of first and second generation Irish immigrants in the U.K
by Raftery, James & Jones, David R. & Rosato, Michael
- 585-591 Application of the verbal autopsy during a clinical trial
by Pacqué-Margolis, Sara & Pacqué, Michel & Dukuly, Zwannah & Boateng, John & Taylor, Hugh R.
- 593-601 Blood pressure studies among Amazonian native populations: A review from an epidemiological perspective
by Fleming-Moran, Millicent & Coimbra, Carlos E. A.
- 603-607 Community pharmacy: A method of assessing quality of care
by Smith, Felicity J. & Salkind, M. R. & Jolly, Brian C.
- 609-618 A pilot study for an HIV prevention programme among commercial sex workers in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
by Wilson, David & Sibanda, Babusi & Mboyi, Lilian & Msimanga, Sheila & Dube, Godwin
- 619-624 Tolerance for ambiguity among medical students: Implications for their selection, training and practice
by Geller, Gail & Faden, Ruth R. & Levine, David M.
- 625-626 Belief in the efficacy of alternative medicine among general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Knipschild, Paul & Kleijnen, Jos & Riet, Gerben ter
1990, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 421-432 Questioning the status quo: Sickness absence research so far claims more than it should!
by Reidy, Angela
- 433-444 Levels of health development: A new tool for comparative research and policy formulation
by Hunter, Susan S.
- 445-453 Characteristics of women having abortion in China
by Li, Virginia C. & Wong, Glenn C. & Qui, Shu-hua & Cao, Fu-ming & Li, Pu-quan & Sun, Jing-hua
- 455-460 Reported versus recorded health service utilization in Grenada, West Indies
by Hayes, Michael V. & Taylor, S. Martin & Bayne, Lillian R. & Poland, Blake D.
- 461-465 Length of unemployment and psychological distress: Longitudinal and cross-sectional data
by Winefield, Anthony H. & Tiggemann, Marika
- 467-476 Patterns of preference for information sources in the adoption of new drugs by specialists
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 477-484 The influence of social support on AIDS-related grief reaction among gay men
by Lennon, Mary Clare & Martin, John L. & Dean, Laura
- 485-490 Falls and subjective health rating among the elderly: Evidence from two Israeli samples
by Cwikel, Julie & Kaplan, Giora & Barell, Vita
- 491-500 An assessment of survey data on birthweight
by Moreno, Lorenzo & Goldman, Noreen
- 501-505 Psychology, mental health care and the future: Is appropriate transformation in post-apartheid South Africa possible?
by Vogelman, Lloyd
- 507-514 Urbanisation and health: Methodological difficulties in undertaking epidemiological research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek & Mathews, Catherine & Buch, Eric
- 515-523 The blood transfusion taboo of Jehovah's Witnesses: Origin, development and function of a controversial doctrine
by Singelenberg, Richard
1990, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 223-223 Foreword
by Asvall, Jo E.
- 225-227 Introduction
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 229-236 Comparative review of sources, methodology and knowledge
by Illsley, Raymond
- 237-248 Health and social inequities in Belgium
by Lagasse, Raphael & Humblet, Perrine C. & Lenaerts, Ann & Godin, Isabelle & Moens, Guido F.G.
- 249-256 Health and social inequities in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchgässler, K.-U.
- 257-265 Health and social inequities in Finland and elsewhere
by Lahelma, Eero & Valkonen, Tapani
- 267-274 Social inequalities in self-reported morbidity: Interpretation and comparison of data from Britain and France
by Aiach, Pierre & Curtis, Sarah
- 275-284 Interpreting inequalities in the Hungarian health system
by Csaszi, Lajos
- 285-290 Health and social inequities in Ireland
by Cook, Geoffrey
- 291-303 Health in Israel: Patterns of equality and inequality
by Shuval, Judith T.
- 305-312 Social differences in health and utilization of health services in Italy
by Piperno, Aldo & Di Orio, Ferdinando
- 313-318 Health and social inequities in Malta
by Agius, Francis
- 319-329 Health and social inequities in The Netherlands
by Spruit, Ingeborg P.
- 331-342 Health and social inequity in Norway
by Måseide, Per
- 343-350 Health inequalities in Poland
by Duch, Danuta & Sokooâwska, Magdalena
- 351-358 Health and social inequities in Spain
by Rodríguez, Josep A. & Lemkow, Louis
- 359-367 Health and social inequities in Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 369-386 Health and social inequities in Switzerland
by Lehmann, Philippe & Mamboury, Catherine & Minder, Christoph E.
- 387-392 Health and social inequalities in Turkey
by Dedeoglu, Necati
- 393-404 The measurement of inequities in health: Lessons from the British experience
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 405-412 Health and social inequities in Yugoslavia
by Mastilica, Miroslav
- 413-420 The economics of inequality in health: A bibliography
by Pereira, João
1990, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 101-114 Utilization of selected hospitals, health centres and health stations in Central, Southern and Western Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 115-128 Self-concept and cancer in adults: Theoretical and methodological issues
by Curbow, Barbara & Somerfield, Mark & Legro, Marcia & Sonnega, John
- 129-139 Geographical distribution of diabetes among the native population of Canada: A national survey
by Young, T.Kue & Szathmary, Emöke J.E. & Evers, Susan & Wheatley, Brian
- 141-152 Socio-economic mortality differences in the Netherlands in 1950-1984: A regional study of cause-specific mortality
by Kunst, A.E. & Looman, C.W.N. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 153-157 Responsiveness to physicians' requests for information concerning drug interactions: A comparison of brand and generic companies
by Thomas, Martin & Lexchin, Joel
- 159-164 The impact of family functioning on health changes in children with cystic fibrosis
by Patterson, Joan M. & McCubbin, Hamilton I. & Warwick, Warren J.
- 165-170 Epilepsy and well-being
by Collings, John A.
- 171-173 Childbirth and postpartum care: Biomedical constraints on lay practice: Introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 175-189 The role of obstetrical rituals in the resolution of cultural anomaly
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 191-201 A comparison of attitudes and practices of episiotomy among obstetrical practitioners in New Mexico
by Graham, Susan Brandt & Catanzarite, Valerian & Bernstein, Judith & Varela-Gittings, Frances
- 203-210 The making of a medical tradition: Vaginal birth after cesarean
by McClain, Carol Shepherd
- 211-221 The place of the clock in pediatric advice: Rationales, cultural themes, and impediments to breastfeeding
by Millard, Ann V.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-4 Introduction
by Falck, Hans S.
- 5-11 Social work and the management of severe head injury
by Carlton, Thomas Owen & Darlene Gillikin Stephenson, M.
- 13-17 Social work practice theory: A trans-cultural resource for health care
by Turner, Francis J.
- 19-26 Social work in health care: Directions in practice
by Berkman, Barbara & Bonander, Evelyn & Rutchick, Irene & Silverman, Phyllis & Kemler, Beth & Marcus, Leonard & Isaacson-Rubinger, Molly-Jane
- 27-34 Person/environment construct: Positivist versus naturalist, dilemma or opportunity for health social work research and practice?
by Rodwell, Mary K.
- 35-42 Between social and somatic disorders: The promotion of health as part of general social work practice
by Wendt, Wolf Rainer
- 43-50 The national health care system in the welfare state
by Oppl, Hubert & von Kardorff, Ernst
- 51-59 Pain, somatic focus, and emotional adjustment in children of chronic headache sufferers and controls
by Mikail, Samuel F. & von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 61-68 Cash cropping, subsistence agriculture, and nutritional status among mothers and children in lowland Papua New Guinea
by Shack, Kathryn W. & Grivetti, Louis E. & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 69-72 Are physicians' ratings of pain affected by patients' physical attractiveness?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Ross, Michael A. & Von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 73-79 Self- and other-awareness of the risk of HIV/AIDS in people with haemophilia and implications for behavioural change
by Markova, I. & Wilkie, P. A. & Naji, S. A. & Forbes, C. D.
- 81-90 Fear of cancer and knowledge of cancer: A review and proposed relevance to hazardous waste sites
by Berman, Steven H. & Wandersman, Abraham
- 91-94 Equity objectives in Portuguese health policy
by Jamieson, Anne & van der Geest, Sjaak & Pereira, João
- 95-96 Informal contacts in Poland's health care services
by Lignowska, Iza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 1265-1272 Research on AIDS interventions in developing countries: State of the art
by Schopper, Doris
- 1273-1281 Racial and gender discrimination: Risk factors for high blood pressure?
by Krieger, Nancy
- 1283-1288 Problems in comparing findings on social class cross-culturally--Applied to infant mortality (Australia and Britain)
by Quine, Susan
- 1289-1295 Gender differences in the experience of headache
by Celentano, David D. & Linet, Martha S. & Stewart, Walter F.
- 1297-1311 Mothers' satisfaction with the cost of children's care: The role of practice settings and actual expenses
by Dutton, Diana & Gomby, Deanna & Meunier, Baudouin
- 1313-1318 Change and continuity in patient theories of illness: The case of epilepsy
by Kirchgässler, K. U.
- 1319-1327 Design, implementation, and evaluation of a community financing scheme for hospital care in developing countries: A pre-paid health plan in the Bwamanda health zone, Zaire
by Moens, Freddy
- 1329-1339 Self-certification in lay midwives' organizations: A vehicle for professional autonomy
by Butter, Irene H. & Kay, Bonnie J.
- 1341-1347 Modeling the growth of long-stay populations in public mental hospitals
by Fisher, William H. & Phillips, Barbara F.
- 1349-1358 Participation effect from water projects on EPI
by Eng, Eugenia & Briscoe, John & Cunningham, Anne
- 1359-1365 Collaborative practice and provider styles of delivering health care
by Campbell, James D. & Mauksch, Hans O. & Neikirk, Helen J. & Hosokawa, Michael C.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1149-1159 Qualitative research on chronic illness: The issue and the story
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 1161-1172 'Discovering' chronic illness: Using grounded theory
by Charmaz, Kathy
- 1173-1186 Personal narratives, social careers and medical courses: Analysing life trajectories in autobiographies of people with multiple sclerosis
by Robinson, Ian
- 1187-1194 Generating a model of epileptic stigma: The role of qualitative analysis
by Scambler, Graham & Hopkins, Anthony
- 1195-1200 Strategic uses of narrative in the presentation of self and illness: A research note
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler
- 1201-1210 Quality of everyday life in long stay institutions for the elderly. An observational study of long stay hospital and nursing home care
by Clark, Patricia & Bowling, Ann
- 1211-1224 Patient careers in end-stage renal failure
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 1225-1227 Use of the genealogical method in the exploration of chronic illness: A research note
by Armstrong, David
- 1229-1239 The status and validity of accounts obtained at interview: A contrast between two studies of families with a disabled child
by West, Patrick
- 1241-1246 What cancer tells us about general practice. Birth of an hypothesis
by Aiach, P. & Cebe, D. & Broclain, D.
- 1247-1256 Temporality and identity loss due to Alzheimer's disease
by Orona, Celia J.
- 1257-1263 Qualitative research on chronic illness: A commentary on method and conceptual development
by Conrad, Peter
- V-VI Preface
by Strauss, Anselm
1990, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1041-1048 The relative influence of the community and the health system on work performance: A case study of community health workers in Colombia
by Robinson, Sheila A. & Larsen, Donald E.
- 1049-1063 Sorcery and penicillin: Treating illness on a Papua New Guinea island
by Lepowsky, Maria
- 1065-1072 Managing ecological upheavals: A third world perspective
by Desai, Bharat
- 1073-1080 Anticipatory grief: A review
by Sweeting, Helen N. & Gilhooly, Mary L. M.
- 1081-1087 Economic aspects of cervical cancer screening
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Lubbe, Koos Th. N. & van Oortmarssen, Gerrit J. & van Agt, Heleen M. A. & van Ballegooijen, Marjolein & Habbema, J. Dik F.
- 1089-1095 The risk approach in diarrheal disease intervention in Grenada
by Martin Taylor, S. & Hayes, Michael & Frank, John & White, Norman
- 1097-1105 Malaria among gold miners in Southern Pará, Brazil: Estimates of determinants and individual costs
by Vosti, Stephen A.
- 1107-1118 Participation in breast screening programs: A review
by Vernon, Sally W. & Laville, Elizabeth A. & Jackson, Gilchrist L.
- 1119-1129 A logit analysis of hospital choice behavior in Chollabukdo province of Korea
by Kim, Byung-Ryang
- 1131-1138 The rational use of antischistosomal drugs in schistosomiasis control
by Chandiwana, Stephen K. & Taylor, Paul
- 1139-1141 Patient origins and usage of a unani clinic in Aligarh Town, India
by Izhar, Nilofar
- 1143-1143 Letter to the editor
by Friedlander, Edward R.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 945-950 The medicalization of anthropology: A critical perspective on the critical-clinical debate
by Morgan, Lynn M.
- 951-959 On the creation of 'problem' patients
by Wright, Anne L. & Morgan, Wayne J.
- 961-968 Meeting production: The economics of contracting mental illness
by Baldwin, Dana M.
- 969-985 Contradictions in the social production of clinical knowledge: The case of schizophrenia
by McLean, Athena
- 987-1000 In what systems do alcohol/chemical addictions make sense? Clinical ideologies and practices as cultural metaphors
by Stein, Howard F.
- 1001-1009 Levels of explanation and cautions for a critical clinical anthropology
by Press, Irwin
- 1011-1013 The possibilities and dilemmas of building bridges between critical medical anthropology and clinical anthropology: A discussion
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1015-1023 Can they get along without us? Sustainability of donor-supported health projects in Central America and Africa
by Bossert, Thomas J.
- 1025-1034 Primary health care in a multi-level perspective: Towards a research agenda
by van der Geest, Sjaak & Speckmann, Johan D. & Streefland, Pieter H.
- 1035-1040 Farmers' occupational health programme in Finland, 1979-1987
by Notkola, V. & Husman, K. & Tupi, K. & Virolainen, R. & Nuutinen, J.
- V-V Preface
by Wright, Anne L. & Johnson, Thomas M.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 839-847 Waiting for the family legacy: The experience of being at risk for Machado-Joseph disease
by Boutté, Marie I.
- 849-857 Damaged goods: Oral narratives of the experience of disability in American culture
by Phillips, Marilynn J.
- 859-865 Double bind and disability: The case of traumatic head injury
by Krefting, Laura
- 867-877 Rehabilitation ideology and respiratory support technology
by Kaufert, Joseph M. & Locker, David
- 879-887 Ambiguity and difference: Families with dwarf children
by Ablon, Joan
- 889-893 The concept of self in the context of crisis: A study of families of the severely brain-injured
by Mwaria, Cheryl B.
- 895-900 Stigma, biomedical efficacy, and institutional control
by Goldin, Carol S.
- 901-912 International perspectives on treatment choice in neonatal intensive care units
by Levin, Betty Wolder
- 913-918 Facing AIDS: Reactions among police officers, nurses and the general public in Sweden
by Herlitz, Claes & Brorsson, Bengt
- 919-928 The indigenization of pharmaceuticals: Therapeutic transitions in rural Hausaland
by Etkin, Nina L. & Ross, Paul J. & Muazzamu, Ibrahim
- 929-940 Households, resources, and child health in a self-help settlement in Cairo, Egypt
by Tekce, Belgin
- 943-944 A comment on the meaning of numerical valuations of health states
by Nord, Erik
- V-VI Introduction
by Groce, Nora & Scheer, Jessica
1990, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 761-771 Medicalization, public policy and the elderly: Social services in jeopardy?
by Binney, Elizabeth A. & Estes, Carroll L. & Ingman, Stanley R.
- 773-776 Nutritional status and the incidence and duration of diarrhoeal disease among children in Northeast Thailand
by Thongkrajai, Earmporn & Stoeckel, John & Thongkrajai, Pramote
- 777-787 Gender differences in medical student distress: Contributions of prior socialization and current role-related stress
by Richman, Judith A. & Flaherty, Joseph A.
- 789-796 Chemotherapy: Principles in practice--A case study of the Philippines
by Gomes, Melba & Salazar, Nelia P.
- 797-804 Referrals to physiotherapy: The relation between the number of referrals, the indication for referral and the inclination to refer
by Kerssens, Jan J. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 805-810 Incongruence between self-reported symptoms and objective evidence of respiratory disease among construction workers
by Demers, Raymond Y. & Fischetti, Lawrence R. & Neale, Anne Victoria
- 811-818 Patient sociodemographic characteristics as predictors of satisfaction with medical care: A meta-analysis
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 819-828 Flat on your back or back to your flat? Sources of increased hospital services utilization among the elderly in British Columbia
by Hertzman, C. & Pulcins, I. R. & Barer, M. L. & Evans, R. G. & Anderson, G. M. & Lomas, J.
- 829-835 The French version of the Nottingham health profile. A comparison of items weights with those of the source version
by Bucquet, D. & Condon, S. & Ritchie, K.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 643-656 Health aspects of resettlement in Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 657-664 Baby Doe regulations and medical judgment
by York, Glyn Y. & Gallarno, Robert M. & York, Reginald O.
- 665-673 Social class and health in youth: Findings from the west of Scotland twenty-07 study
by West, Patrick & Macintyre, Sally & Annandale, Ellen & Hunt, Kate
- 675-691 Cow dung, rock salt, and medical innovation in the Hindu Kush of Pakistan: The cultural transformation of neonatal tetanus and iodine deficiency
by Mull, Dorothy S. & Anderson, Jon W. & Mull, J.Dennis
- 693-699 A pilot study of attendance for breast cancer screening
by Eardley, Anne & Elkind, Andrea
- 701-711 Neighbourhoods for health service administration
by Kivell, P.T. & Turton, B.J. & Dawson, B.R.P.
- 713-720 Homosexual and bisexual men's coping with the AIDS epidemic: Qualitative interviews with 10 non-HIV-tested homosexual and bisexual men
by Brendstrup, Eva & Schmidt, Kirsten
- 721-726 Health belief and compliance with screening for fecal occult blood
by Hoogewerf, Peter E. & Hislop, T.Gregory & Morrison, Brenda J. & Burns, Sheilagh D. & Sizto, Ronald
- 727-727 Anthropology and health in the arctic and subarctic: Status and prospects: Introduction
by Zegura, Stephen L.
- 729-738 Perceptions of risk, dilemmas of policy: Nuclear fallout in Swedish Lapland
by Beach, Hugh
- 739-749 Temporal constructs and inuit mental health
by Christie, Laird & Halpern, Joel M.
- 751-759 Secular trends and the pattern of growth in arctic populations
by Jamison, Paul L.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 523-536 The structure of readjustment after heart attack
by Ben-Sira, Zeev & Eliezer, Ronit
- 537-547 Towards a typology of general practitioners' attitudes to general practice
by Bucks, Romola S. & Williams, Angela & Whitfield, Michael J. & Routh, David A.
- 549-552 Attitudes to AIDS: A comparative analysis of a new and negative stereotype
by Walkey, Frank H. & Taylor, Antony J.W. & Green, Dianne E.
- 553-568 Inequalities in pregnancy outcome: A review of psychosocial and behavioural mediators
by Rutter, D.R. & Quine, Lyn
- 569-578 Problems and coping behaviour of facial cancer patients
by Koster, M.E.T.A. & Bergsma, J.
- 579-589 Physician utilization and urban native people in Saskatoon, Canada
by Waldram, James B.
- 591-596 Self care--Who does best?
by McLean, Julienne & Pietroni, Patrick
- 597-604 Psychosocial influences on new born outcomes: A controlled prospective study
by Pagel, Mark D. & Smilkstein, Gabriel & Regen, Hari & Montano, Dan
- 605-615 Determinants of active self-care behaviour of insulin treated patients with diabetes: Implications for diabetes education
by de Weerdt, Inge & Visser, Adriaan Ph. & Kok, Gerjo & van der Veen, Ed A.
- 617-623 Ghost illness in a North Indian village
by Freed, Ruth S. & Freed, Stanley A.
- 625-633 Breast-feeding in the modern health sector in Indonesia: The mother's perspective
by Hull, Valerie & Thapa, Shyam & Pratomo, Hadi
- 635-637 The relationship of social support and health
by Bloom, Joan R.
- 639-640 Driving experience and the risk of traffic accident among motorcyclists
by Wong, Tze-Wai & Lee, James & Phoon, Wai-on & Yiu, Po-Chu & Fung, Kam-Pui & McLean, Jack A.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 389-399 Clinical ethics: A role theoretic look
by Agich, George J.
- 401-405 Some links between successful implementation of primary health care interventions and the overall utilization of health services
by Gish, Oscar
- 407-415 Women and AIDS
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 417-429 Doctors and the state: Lessons from the Biko case
by Silove, Derrick
- 431-440 Behavioural factors affecting physical health of the New Zealand Maori
by Sachdev, Perminder S.
- 441-447 The biocultural context of social networks and depression among the elderly
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Wingard, Deborah L. & Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth
- 449-455 The mundane ailment and the physical self: Analysis of the social psychology of health and illness
by Olesen, Virginia & Schatzman, Leonard & Droes, Nellie & Hatton, Diane & Chico, Nan
- 457-467 The confounding of occupation and smoking and its consequences
by Sterling, T. & Weinkam, J.
- 469-477 Gender differences in the effect of unemployment on psychological distress
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 479-486 Injury mortality in American Indian, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white children in new Mexico, 1958-1982
by Olson, Lenora M. & Becker, Thomas M. & Wiggins, Charles L. & Key, Charles R. & Samet, Jonathan M.
- 487-494 Barriers and motivators to prenatal care among low-income women
by Lia-Hoagberg, Betty & Rode, Peter & Skovholt, Catherine J. & Oberg, Charles N. & Berg, Cynthia & Mullett, Sara & Choi, Thomas
- 497-502 Low birth-weight and pre-term delivery in South-East Asia. The who international collaborative study of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
by Golding, Jean & Shenton, Terry
- 503-508 Social support, stress and functional status in patients with osteoarthritis
by Weinberger, Morris & Tierney, William M. & Booher, Patricia & Hiner, Sharon L.
- 509-515 Long-term patterns of general practice consulting behaviour: A qualitative 9-year analysis of general practice histories of a working-aged rural Finnish population
by Kokko, Simo J.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 261-266 Trends in the geographic inequality of cardiovascular disease mortality in the United States, 1962-1982
by Wing, Steve & Casper, Michele & Davis, Wayne & Hayes, Carl & Riggan, Wilson & Tyroler, H.A.
- 267-279 HIV/AIDS and school boards: A policy approach
by Foster, William F. & Somerville, Margaret A. & Duckett, Margaret
- 281-287 Community health workers in Bolivia: Adapting to traditional roles in the Andean community
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 289-295 Prenatal screening of pregnant mothers for parenting difficulties: Final results from the Queen Mary Child care unit
by Egan, Tony G. & Monaghan, Sheila M. & Muir, Roy C. & Gilmore, Ruth J. & Clarkson, John E. & Crooks, Terry J.
- 297-304 Patient outcomes and regional planning of coronary care services: A location-allocation approach
by McLafferty, Sara & Broe, Daniel
- 305-310 Gender differences in tobacco use in Kenya
by Kaplan, Mara & Carriker, Laura & Waldron, Ingrid
- 311-323 Spiritual and natural etiologies on a Polynesian outlier in Papua New Guinea
by Feinberg, Richard
- 325-339 A model of empathic understanding and adherence to treatment regimens in practitioner-patient relationships
by Squier, Roger W.
- 341-348 Breast feeding promotion in an urban and a rural Jamaican hospital
by Cunningham, William E. & Segree, Winsome
- 349-364 Preventing alcohol related birth damage: A review
by Waterson, E.J. & Murray-Lyon, Iain M.
- 365-372 The social recognition of repetition strain injuries: An Australian/American comparison
by Hopkins, Andrew
- 373-378 Male and female physicians: Family and career comparisons
by Uhlenberg, Peter & Cooney, Teresa M.
- 379-383 Determinants of partial participation in the immunization programmes in Iran
by Nasseri, Kiumarss & Latifi, Mehdi & Azordegan, Firooz & Shafii, Forough & All-E-Agha, Reza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 179-187 Reinventing medical anthropology: Toward a critical realignment
by Singer, Merrill
- 189-197 Three propositions for a critically applied medical anthropology
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 199-204 Some implications for the study of the doctor-patient interaction: Power, structure, and agency in the works of Howard Waitzkin and Arthur Kleinman
by Pappas, Gregory
- 205-209 Somatizing distress: Hospital treatment of psychiatric co-morbidity and the limitations of biomedicine
by Padgett, Deborah & Johnson, Thomas M.
- 211-219 International politics and primary health care in Costa Rica
by Morgan, Lynn M.
- 221-226 A question of adequacy: Primary health care in the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 227-235 Transnational tobacco companies and health in underdeveloped countries: Recommendations for avoiding a smoking epidemic
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 237-248 Kerr-McGee and the NRC: From Indian country to silkwood to Gore
by Baer, Hans
- 249-260 A critical perspective on coronary artery disease and coronary bypass surgery
by Bates, Maryann S.
- V-VIII Critical medical anthropology in question
by Singer, Merrill & Baer, Hans A. & Lazarus, Ellen
1990, Volume 30, Issue 1
- VII-IX Introduction
by Earickson, Robert
- 1-12 Spatial patterns of use of health services in the Kingston Metropolitan Area, Jamaica
by Bailey, W. & Phillips, D.R.