Social Science & Medicine
December 1993, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1565-1578 Growth monitoring and the promotion of breastfeeding
by Behague, Dominique
- 1585-1585 Letters to the editor
by Luepker, Russell V.
- 1585-1586 Primary mental health care in Nicaragua five years later
by Sales, Pau Pérez
December 1993, Volume 37, Issue 11
- 1283-1284 Introduction
by Gallin, Rita S. & Govindasamy, Pavalavalli
- 1285-1292 Health-seeking behavior of Rwandan women
by Csete, Joanne
- 1293-1301 Children's nutritional status in female-headed households in the Dominican Republic
by Johnson, F. Catherine & Rogers, Beatrice Lorge
- 1303-1312 Influences of mothers' and fathers' income on children's nutritional status in Guatemala
by Engle, Patrice L.
- 1313-1319 Agricultural productivity, seasonality and gender bias in rural nutrition: Empirical evidence from South India
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Thirumaran, Susheela & Mohanam, T. C.
- 1321-1329 Midwives in the Mexican health system
by Parra, Pilar Alicia
- 1331-1343 The education and contribution of women health care professionals in Saudi Arabia: The case of nursing
by El-Sanabary, Nagat
- 1345-1349 Rural origin as a risk factor for maternal and child health in periurban Bolivia
by Bender, Deborah E. & Rivera, Tirsa & Madonna, Donna
- 1351-1358 The health status of women in Oaxaca: Determinants and consequences
by Winter, Mary & Morris, Earl W. & Murphy, Arthur D.
- 1359-1366 Prenatal diagnosis and sex selection in 19 nations
by Wertz, Dorothy C. & Fletcher, John C.
- 1367-1376 Family composition strategies in rural north India
by Wadley, Susan S.
- 1377-1389 When more means less: Assessing the impact of dairy 'development' on the lives and health of women in rural Rajasthan (India)
by Sharma, Miriam & Vanjani, Urmila
- 1391-1400 Child and maternal health and international economic policies
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1401-1413 AIDS action-research with women in Kinshasa, Zaire
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
November 1993, Volume 37, Issue 10
- 1177-1198 Medically unnecessary cesarean section births: Introduction to a symposium
by Sakala, Carol
- 1199-1218 Caesarean section in Britain and the United States 12% or 24%: Is either the right rate?
by Francome, Colin & Savage, Wendy
- 1219-1222 The Mount Sinai cesarean section reduction program: An update after 6 years
by Myers, Stephen A. & Gleicher, Norbert
- 1223-1231 Cesarean section: Medical benefits and costs
by Shearer, Elizabeth L.
- 1233-1250 Midwifery care and out-of-hospital birth settings: How do they reduce unnecessary cesarean section births?
by Sakala, Carol
- 1251-1260 The effect of physician characteristics on clinical behavior: Cesarean section in New York State
by Dale Tussing, A. & Wojtowycz, Martha A.
- 1261-1269 Explaining excessive rates of cesareans and other childbirth interventions: Contributions from contemporary theories of gender and psychosocial development
by LoCicero, Alice Katherine
- 1271-1281 Psychosocial impact of cesarean section on the family: A literature review
by Mutryn, Cynthia S.
November 1993, Volume 37, Issue 9
- 1093-1108 Economic and demographic research on malaria: A review of the evidence
by Gomes, Melba
- 1109-1114 Determining malaria effects in rural Colombia
by Bonilla, Elssy & Rodriguez, A.
- 1115-1119 The impact of malaria on labour use and efficiency in the Sudan
by Nur, El Tahir Mohamed
- 1121-1130 Agricultural land use patterns and malaria conditions in Kenya
by Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 1131-1136 Economic and social consequences of malaria in new colonization projects in Brazil
by Sawyer, Donald
- 1137-1145 Malaria rates and fate: A socioeconomic study of malaria in Brazil
by Fernandez Castilla, Rogelio E. & Sawyer, Diana Oya
- 1147-1154 Malaria and mobility in Thailand
by Singhanetra-Renard, Anchalee
- 1155-1167 Human mobility and malaria risk in the Naya river basin of Colombia
by Sevilla-Casas, Elías
- 1169-1176 Illness perception: Social cost and coping-strategies of malaria cases
by Jayawardene, Ruwani
October 1993, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 969-974 Complexity, conflict, chaos, coherence, coercion and civility
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 974-976 On conflict resolution and change
by Mburu, F. M.
- 977-978 A good word for the "Young man [or woman] with a gun": Whose violence? Whose "Salutogenesis"?
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 978-979 Sense of coherence and sociology of emotions
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 980-981 Rejoinder
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 983-988 Alternative or additional medicine? An exploratory study in general practice
by Murray, Joanna & Shepherd, Simon
- 989-994 Dry and tight: Sexual practices and potential AIDS risk in Zaire
by Brown, Judith E. & Ayowa, Okako Bibi & Brown, Richard C.
- 995-1003 Programmes de nutrition en milieu rural aux Philippines
by Orihuela-Egoavil, Emilio Fernando
- 1005-1010 The impact of a child death on marital adjustment
by Najman, Jake M. & Vance, John C. & Boyle, Fran & Embleton, Gary & Foster, Bill & Thearle, John
- 1011-1018 Social class gradients in years of potential life lost in Switzerland
by Beer, Valeria & Bisig, Brigitte & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1019-1034 Health behavior: Issues, contradictions and dilemmas
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1035-1043 Variation in hemodialysis patient compliance according to demographic characteristics
by Bame, Sherry I. & Petersen, Nancy & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1045-1054 The hoarding habit, countertransference, and consultation anthropology in a Peruvian psychiatric hospital
by Stein, William W.
- 1055-1068 Inequalities in women's and men's ill-health: Britain and Finland compared
by Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 1069-1078 Determinants of lactation performance across time in an urban population from Mexico
by Perez-Escamilla, Rafael & Segura-Millán, Sofia & Pollitt, Ernesto & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 1079-1085 Working with community organizations to evaluate potential disease clusters
by Graber, David R. & Aldrich, Tim E.
October 1993, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 841-850 State authority, medical dominance, and trends in the regulation of the health professions: The Ontario case
by Coburn, David
- 851-857 Explorations in consultation of the public and health professionals on priority setting in an inner London health district
by Bowling, Ann & Jacobson, Bobbie & Southgate, Lesley
- 859-872 African women's control over their sexuality in an era of AIDS : A study of the Yoruba of Nigeria
by Orubuloye, I. O. & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 873-878 Ante-natal screening: What constitutes 'benefit'?
by Mooney, Gavin & Lange, Mette
- 879-882 MMPI profiles of male and female migraine sufferers
by Kirkcaldy, B. D. & Kobylinska, E. & Furnham, A. F.
- 883-886 The effect of a warning about putative adverse events on drug prescribing in general practice
by Thomson, A. N. & Barham, P. M.
- 887-896 Social disintegration and the spread of AIDS--II : Meltdown of sociogeographic structure in urban minority neighborhoods
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 897-904 Essential and non-essential drugs marketed by the 20 largest European pharmaceutical companies in developing countries
by Hartog, Robert
- 905-916 Physical health status at 36 years in a British national birth cohort
by Kuh, D. J. L. & Wadsworth, M. E. J.
- 917-926 Hispanic Americans and the state mental hospitals in Texas: Ethnic parity as a latent function of a fiscal incentive policy
by Swanson, Jeffrey W. & Holzer, Charles E. & Ganju, Vijay K.
- 927-935 Problems and prospects for health sector links in the Southern African region: The role of South Africa
by Beattie, Allison & Rispel, Laetitia & Booysen, Michelle
- 937-952 Reasoning about childhood nutritional deficiencies by mothers in rural India: A cognitive analysis
by Sivaramakrishnan, Malathi & Patel, Vimla L.
September 1993, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 1-1 Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
- 701-710 A medical geographical anniversary
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 711-717 Space in its place: Developing the link in medical geography
by Kearns, Robin A. & Joseph, Alun E.
- 719-724 On the validity of language: Speaking, knowing and understanding in medical geography
by Scarpaci, Joseph L.
- 725-733 Do places matter? A multi-level analysis of regional variations in health-related behaviour in Britain
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 735-743 Ambiocontrol as a primary factor of health
by Loslier, Luc
- 745-752 Maternal mortality in Africa: 1980-87
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 753-759 Cancer clusters: The importance of monitoring multiple geographic scales
by Schneider, Dona & Greenberg, Michael R. & Donaldson, Milton H. & Choi, Daiwoo
- 761-770 (Over)eating success: The health consequences of the restoration of capitalism in rural China
by Smith, Christopher J.
- 771-777 Lymphoma, multiple myeloma and leukaemia among French farmers in relation to pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
- 779-790 Epidemiological transition and geographical discontinuities: The case of cardiovascular mortality in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 791-804 Modelling psychosocial effects of exposure to solid waste facilities
by Elliott, Susan J. & Taylor, S.Martin & Walter, Stephen & Stieb, David & Frank, John & Eyles, John
- 805-812 Worrying about waste: Living close to solid waste disposal facilities in Southern Ontario
by Eyles, John & Taylor, S.Martin & Johnson, Nancy & Baxter, Jamie
- 813-822 On the use of socio-demographic indicators in local health planning: A Canadian non-metropolitan perspective
by Joseph, Alun E. & Hollett, R.Grant
- 823-831 Avoidable mortality in Québec and its regions
by Pampalon, Robert
- 833-839 Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals
by Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
September 1993, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 575-581 Identifying distress among general practitioners: Predictors of psychological ill-health and job dissatisfaction
by Sutherland, V.J. & Cooper, C.L.
- 583-590 The relationship between the cost of community care and the dependency of old people
by O'Shea, Eamon & Blackwell, John
- 591-602 Patient satisfaction with communication in general surgery: Problems of measurement and improvement
by Meredith, Philip
- 603-612 Housing stressors, social support and psychological distress
by Smith, Carolyn A. & Smith, Christopher J. & Kearns, Robin A. & Abbott, Max W.
- 613-621 Renal disease and black Americans: Selected issues
by Livingston, Ivor Lensworth
- 623-631 Determinants of regional differences in lung cancer mortality in the Netherlands
by Kunst, A.E. & Looman, C.W.N. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 633-638 Women's satisfaction with maternity health care services in Finland
by Kojo-Austin, Hellevi & Malin, Maili & Hemminki, Elina
- 639-648 The use of preventive health care services: Carrier testing for the genetic disorder haemophilia
by Varekamp, I. & Suurmeijer, Th.P.B.M. & Rosendaal, F.R. & Bröcker-Vriends, A.H.J.T.
- 649-660 Maternal perceptions of pneumonia and pneumonia signs in Pakistani children
by Malik Kundi, M.Z. & Anjum, Muhammad & Mull, Dorothy S. & Dennis Mull, J.
- 661-670 Sexual practices and attitudes of street youth in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
by Raffaelli, Marcela & Campos, Regina & Merritt, Alice Payne & Siqueira, Eliana & Antunes, Carlos Mauricio & Parker, Richard & Greco, Marilia & Greco, Dirceu & Halsey, Neal & The Street Youth Study Group
- 671-678 Me' winik: Discovery of the biomedical equivalence for a Maya ethnomedical syndrome
by Berlin, E.A. & Jara A., V.M. & Berlin, B. & Breedlove, D.E. & Duncan, T.O. & Laughlin, R.M.
- 679-684 Focus group interviews about AIDS in Rakai district of Uganda
by Konde-Lule, Joseph K. & Musagara, M. & Musgrave, S.
- 685-689 Family planning practice in Central Sudan
by Taha, Taha El Tahir
- 695-695 Letter to the editor: Constructing generaliseable socio-economic indices
by Carr-Hill, Roy
August 1993, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 441-443 Women and tropical diseases: Introduction
by Manderson, Lenore & Jenkins, Jennifer & Tanner, Marcel
- 445-456 Leprosy in women: Characteristics and repercussions
by Ulrich, Marian & Zulueta, Ana Maria & Cáceres-Dittmar, Gisela & Sampson, Celsa & Pinardi, Maria Eugenia & Rada, Elsa Maria & Aranzazu, Nacarid
- 457-472 An historical and clinical review of the interaction of leprosy and pregnancy: A cycle to be broken
by Duncan, M.E.
- 473-480 Women and malaria--special risks and appropriate control strategy
by Reuben, Rachel
- 481-492 Bilharzia and the boys: Questioning common assumptions
by Parker, Melissa
- 493-501 Adam's rib awry? Women and schistosomiasis
by Michelson, Edward H.
- 503-511 Women and congenital Chagas' disease in Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Epidemiological and sociocultural aspects
by Azogue, Esperanza
- 513-520 Gender and tropical diseases: A new research focus
by Rathgeber, Eva M. & Vlassoff, Carol
- 521-530 Strategies of influence in medical authorship
by Segal, Judy Z.
- 531-539 Factors influencing self-diagnosis and treatment of perceived helminthic infection in a rural Guatemalan community
by Booth, S. & Johns, T. & Lopez-Palacios, C.Y.
- 541-547 Cost-effectiveness of neonatal screening for Duchenne muscular dystrophy--How does this compare to existing neonatal screening for metabolic disorders?
by Rosenberg, T. & Jacobs, H.K. & Thompson, R. & Horne, J.M.
- 549-554 Organizational predictors of outcomes of long-stay nursing home residents
by Rohrer, James E. & Momany, Elizabeth T. & Chang, Wei
- 555-563 The work patterns of lactating women in Madura
by Launer, Lenore J.
- 565-569 Consensus in medical communication
by Dodd, F.J. & Donegan, H.A. & Kernohan, W.G. & Geary, R.V. & Mollan, R.A.B.
August 1993, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 281-283 Anthropological perspectives on chronic illness : Introduction
by Heurtin-Roberts, Suzanne & Becker, Gay
- 285-294 'High-pertension'--The uses of a chronic folk illness for personal adaptation
by Heurtin-Roberts, Suzanne
- 295-304 Redefining health: Living with cancer
by Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 305-313 The dilemma of seeking urgent care: Asthma episodes and emergency service use
by Becker, Gay & Janson-Bjerklie, Susan & Benner, Patricia & Slobin, Kathleen & Ferketich, Sandra
- 315-329 Self-care and multiple sclerosis: A view from two cultures
by McLaughlin, Judith & Zeeberg, Ib
- 331-342 Life stress, social support and clinical depression: A reanalysis of the literature
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar
- 343-353 Health care financing for the elderly in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki & Reich, Michael R.
- 355-368 Health care behavior on Nicaragua's Atlantic coast
by Barrett, Bruce
- 369-383 User fees plus quality equals improved access to health care: Results of a field experiment in Cameroon
by Litvack, Jennie I. & Bodart, Claude
- 385-391 Ways of coping with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Development of an illness management questionnaire
by Ray, Colette & Weir, William & Stewart, David & Miller, Patricia & Hyde, Geoffrey
- 393-399 The general practitioner's use of time: Is it influenced by the remuneration system?
by Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø & Mooney, Gavin
- 401-412 Sexual behaviors relevant to HIV transmission in a rural African population : How much can a KAP survey tell us?
by Schopper, Doris & Doussantousse, Serge & Orav, John
- 413-417 Assessment of trends in geographical inequalities in infant mortality
by Vásquez-Vizoso, F. & Castilla, J. & Pollán, M. & López-Abente, G.
- 419-429 Motorcycling safety research: A review of the social and behavioural literature
by Chesham, D. J. & Rutter, D. R. & Quine, Lyn
- 431-435 Concurrent utilization of chiropractic, prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines and alternative health care
by Northcott, Herbert C. & Bachynsky, John A.
July 1993, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 1-1 Letter to the editor
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 129-138 State authority, medical dominance, and trends in the regulation of the health professions: The Ontario case
by Coburn, David
- 139-151 Des enfants pour la vieillesse : Forme de la Fratrie et soutien aux parents âgés dans le sud-ouest rural français
by Clément, Serge
- 153-158 The utility of health at different stages in life: A quantitative approach
by Busschbach, Jan J. V. & Hessing, Dick J. & De Charro, Frank Th.
- 159-171 A longitudinal study of the impact of behavioural change intervention on cleanliness, diarrhoeal morbidity and growth of children in rural Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Nasar U. & Zeitlin, Marian F. & Beiser, Alexa S. & Super, Charles M. & Gershoff, Stanley N.
- 173-181 Cost-effectiveness analysis of prenatal screening and vaccination against hepatitis B virus--The case of Belgium
by Tormans, G. & Van Damme, P. & Carrin, G. & Clara, R. & Eylenbosch, W.
- 183-198 Determinants of infant mortality in Malawi: A spatial perspective
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 199-211 Determinants of pregnancy outcomes and targeting of maternal health services in Jamaica
by Gertler, Paul & Rahman, Omar & Feifer, Chris & Ashley, Deanna
- 213-232 Disease and mortality among gold miners of Ghana: Colonial government and mining company attitudes and policies, 1900-1938
by Dumett, Raymond
- 233-240 Social determinants of child health in Yemen
by Myntti, Cynthia
- 241-252 La maison du MBOMBO: Rite therapeutique pour les enfants a hauts risques dans le Zaire rural
by Goblet-Vanormelingen, Véronique
- 253-261 An application of Ajzen's theory of planned behaviour to predict mothers' intention to use oral rehydration therapy in a rural area of Benin
by MahougbéHounsa, Assomption & Godin, Gaston & Alihonou, Eusébe & Valois, Pierre & Girard, Jacques
- 263-266 Vasectomy as a reason for donor insemination
by Humphrey, Michael & Humphrey, Heather
- 267-274 The relationship between parenting stress and social support in mothers of children with learning disabilities: A Chinese experience
by Pearson, Veronica & Chan, Tim W. L.
July 1993, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-1 Editorial note
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 1-3 Anthropology in a multidisciplinary field: Substance abuse : Introduction
by Gilbert, M. Jean
- 5-13 Integration and exchange in multidisciplinary alcohol research
by Delaney, William & Ames, Genevieve
- 15-25 Knowledge for use: Anthropology and community-centered substance abuse research
by Singer, Merrill
- 27-30 The value of ethnographic alcohol studies: A psychologist's perspective
by Johnson, Patrick B.
- 33-40 Cost-effectiveness league tables: More harm than good?
by Drummond, Michael & Torrance, George & Mason, James
- 41-52 Unemployment and mental health: A critical review
by Ezzy, Douglas
- 53-59 Predicting the uptake of health checks in general practice: Invitation methods and patients' health beliefs
by Norman, Paul
- 61-67 Queueing for coronary surgery during severe supply-demand mismatch in a Canadian referral centre: A case study of implicit rationing
by Naylor, C. David & Levinton, Carey M. & Wheeler, Susan & Hunter, Linda
- 69-75 Tacit models of disability underlying health status instruments
by Ziebland, Sue & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Jenkinson, Crispin
- 77-83 Knowledge and attitudes about AIDS of residents of greater Athens
by Chliaoutakis, Joannes & Socrataki, Fotini & Darviri, Christina & Gousgounis, Nikos & Trakas, Deanne
- 85-95 Organizational and environmental determinants of the performance of public health units
by Champagne, François & Leduc, Nicole & Denis, Jean-Louis & Pineault, Raynald
- 97-103 Ors and the treatment of childhood diarrhea in Managua, Nicaragua
by Hudelson, Patricia M.
- 105-114 Attitudes of medical professionals toward euthanasia
by Anderson, James G. & Caddell, David P.
- 115-122 Criterion validation of the Nottingham health profile: Patient views of surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy
by Doll, H. A. & Black, N. A. & Flood, A. B. & McPherson, K.
- 127-127 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
June 1993, Volume 36, Issue 12
- 1521-1534 Delay versus help seeking for breast cancer symptoms: A critical review of the literature on patient and provider delay
by Facione, Noreen C.
- 1535-1540 Sexual behaviour in the general population of Sweden
by Herlitz, Claes
- 1541-1543 Drug marketing in french-speaking African countries
by Chirac, P. & Pikon, A. & Poinsignon, Y. & Vitry, A.
- 1545-1554 Evaluating treatment efficacy by triangulation
by Kay, Margarita & de Zapien, Jill Guernsey & Wilson, Carmen Altamirano & Yoder, Marianne
- 1555-1567 The impact of war on the physical and mental health of the family: The Lebanese experience
by Farhood, Laila & Zurayk, Huda & Chaya, Monique & Saadeh, Fadia & Meshefedjian, Garbis & Sidani, Thuraya
- 1569-1578 Community types, socio-economic structure and IHD mortality--A contextual analysis based on Swedish aggregate data
by Starrin, Bengt & Hagquist, Curt & Larsson, Gerry & Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 1579-1586 Predicting dentists' perceived occupational risk for HIV infection
by Kunzel, Carol & Sadowsky, Donald
- 1587-1595 A typology of care episodes experienced by people with schizophrenia in an english town
by Cotterill, Lesley & Thomas, Richard
- 1597-1604 Verbal exchanges in medical interviews: Implications and innovations
by Putnam, Samuel M. & Stiles, William B.
- 1605-1612 Intra-household food distribution among Guatemalan families in a supplementary feeding program: Behavior patterns
by Engle, Patrice L. & Nieves, Isabel
- 1613-1624 The cultural construction of childhood diarrhoea in rural Nicaragua: Relevance for epidemiology and health promotion
by Smith, George Davey & Gorter, Anna & Hoppenbrouwer, Joost & Sweep, Annemarie & Perez, Rosa Maria & Gonzales, Carmen & Morales, Patricia & Pauw, Josefina & Sandiford, Peter
- 1625-1633 Satisfaction and change: A survey of volunteers in a hospice organisation
by Field, David & Johnson, Ian
- 1635-1644 A meta-analysis of condom effectiveness in reducing sexually transmitted HIV
by Weller, Susan C.
- 1645-1647 How many people actually use condoms? An investigation of motel clients in Managua
by Gorter, Anna & Miranda, Esperanza & Smith, George Davey & Ortells, Pascual & Low, Nicola
June 1993, Volume 36, Issue 11
- 1383-1395 Community financing of health care in Africa: An evaluation of the Bamako initiative
by McPake, Barbara & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne
- 1397-1405 User charges for health services in developing countries: A review of the economic literature
by McPake, Barbara
- 1407-1416 Nutrition and the commercialization of agriculture: Ten years later
by DeWalt, Kathleen M.
- 1417-1428 Housing, stress, and physical well-being: Evidence from Thailand
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Sermsri, Santhat & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee
- 1429-1441 Stress and exercise among the Japanese elderly
by Krause, Neal & Goldenhar, Linda & Liang, Jersey & Jay, Gina & Maeda, Daisaku
- 1443-1453 Costs and resource utilization for the treatment of incomplete abortion in Kenya and Mexico
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Benson, Janie & Bradley, Janet & Ordoñez, Aurora Rábago
- 1455-1465 Border crossing for hospital care and its implications for the use of statewide data
by Yip, Winnie & Luft, Harold S.
- 1467-1472 Covert suicide among elderly Japanese females: Questioning unintensional drownings
by Rockett, Ian R.H. & Smith, Gordon S.
- 1473-1482 Physician prescribing decisions: The effects of situational involvement and task complexity on information acquisition and decision making
by Chinburapa, Vijit & Larson, Lon N. & Brucks, Merrie & Draugalis, JoLaine & Bootman, J.Lyle & Puto, Christopher P.
- 1483-1493 A retrospective analysis of the cost-effectiveness of dental sealants in a children's health center
by Weintraub, Jane A. & Stearns, Sally C. & Burt, Brian A. & Beltran, Eugenio & Eklund, Stephen A.
- 1495-1502 Tobit, fixed effects, and cohort analyses of the relationship between severity and duration of rheumatoid arthritis
by Leigh, J.Paul & Fries, James F.
- 1503-1507 Traditional birth attendants and maternal mortality in Ghana
by Eades, Carol A. & Brace, Christopher & Osei, Lawrence & LaGuardia, Katherine D.
- 1509-1517 A critical appraisal of the demand/control model of the psychosocial work environment: Epistemological, social, behavioral and class considerations
by Muntaner, Carles & O'Campo, Patricia J.
May 1993, Volume 36, Issue 10
- 1243-1245 The geographical inequalities in mortality in Africa
by Iyun, B.Folasade
- 1247-1256 Les inegalites geographiques de l'infection a vih et du sida en Afrique sud-saharienne
by Amat-Roze, Jeanne-Marie
- 1257-1265 Evolution comparee de la mortalite en Afrique du nord de 1960 a nos jours
by Tabutin, Dominique
- 1267-1272 Spatial distribution of mortality from leading notifiable diseases in Nigeria
by Egunjobi, Layi
- 1273-1283 The inequalities of morbidity and mortality in Mauritius--Its ethic and geographic dimension
by Kalla, Abdool Cader
- 1285-1290 Les inegalites geographiques de la mortalite au Cameroun
by Ngatchou, Richard Dackam & Gubry, Patrick & Ngwe, Emmanuel
- 1291-1296 Differences de mortalite chez les Dogon de Boni
by Brown, E. & Cazes, M.H.
- 1297-1311 Geographie de la mortalite et de la natalite a pikine (senegal): Interets et limites des donnees d'etat civil dans les villes africaines
by Salem, Gérard
- 1313-1317 L'inegalite geographique devant la mort en Asie du Sud, du Sud-Est et de l'Est
by Veron, Jacques
- 1319-1323 The geographical inequalities of mortality in China
by Ru-Kang, Fang
- 1325-1330 Spatial patterns of mortality in Bangladesh
by Raihan Sharif, A.H.M. & Monzurul Huq, Sheikh Md. & Mesbah-us-Saleheen
- 1331-1334 Regional inequalities of child mortality in Peninsular Malaysia with special reference to the differentials between Perlis and Kuala Terengganu
by Brehm, Uwe
- 1335-1338 The geo-systemic model and mortality in Ubon-Ratchathani
by Loslier, Luc
- 1339-1348 Aspects geographiques de la mortalite en Polynesie Francaise
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 1349-1355 Geographical inequalities in mortality in Latin America
by Curto de Casas, Susana Isabel
- 1357-1365 Disparites regionales et socio-economiques de la mortalite en Amerique Latine
by Orihuela-Egoavil, Emilio Fernando
- 1367-1371 The problem of fuzzy cause-specific death rates in mortality context analysis: The case of Panama City
by Bock, S. & Gans, P.
- 1373-1382 Life expectancy and infant mortality in Latin America
by Bähr, Jürgen & Wehrhahn, Rainer
May 1993, Volume 36, Issue 9
- 1109-1120 Demographic variables in fetal and child mortality: Hmong in Thailand
by Kunstadter, Peter & Lennington Kunstadter, Sally & Podhisita, Chai & Leepreecha, Prasit
- 1121-1136 Processing narratives of self-destructive behavior in routine medical encounters: Health promotion, disease prevention, and the discourse of health care
by Waitzkin, Howard & Britt, Theron
- 1137-1144 Factors associated with health behaviour among mothers of lower socio-economic status: A British example
by Pill, Roisin & Peters, T.J. & Robling, M.R.
- 1145-1150 Community participation in disease control
by Bermejo, Alvaro & Bekui, Amenuve