Social Science & Medicine
1991, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 741-742 Beyond the anglophone world : Medical anthropology in the Netherlands
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 743-744 Censorship or bias: The conditions for critical medical sociology
by Holme Hansen, Ebba
1991, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 531-543 Efficiency in pathology laboratories: A survey of operations management in NHS bacteriology
by Szczepura, A.K.
- 545-557 On the measurement of inequalities in health
by Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 559-568 Caveat emptor or blissful ignorance? Patients and the consumerist ethos
by Lupton, Deborah & Donaldson, Cam & Lloyd, Peter
- 569-577 Accrual to cancer clinical trials: Directions from the research literature
by Gotay, Carolyn Cook
- 579-585 Work disability and the experience of pain and depression in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fifield, Judith & Reisine, Susan T. & Grady, Kathleen
- 587-596 Adverse effects of Benzodiazepines
by Gudex, C.
- 597-603 Occupational health and the environment in an urban slum in India
by Shukla, Abhay & Kumar, Satish & Öry, F.G.
- 605-611 Social support, disability and depression: A longitudinal study of rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Archer, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 613-620 Infant, neonatal, postneonatal and perinatal mortality in Spain, 1975-1984. Interregional and interannual differences
by Lardelli, Pablo & Masa, Josefa & Maderuelo, Angel & Delgado, Miguel & Gálvez, Ramón
- 621-626 Modifications of health behaviour in response to air pollution notifications in Copenhagen
by Skov, Torsten & Cordtz, Torben & Jensen, Lilli Kirkeskov & Saugman, Peter & Schmidt, Kirsten & Theilade, Peter
- 627-634 Comparison of influences on breastfeeding initiation of firstborn children, 1960-69 vs 1970-79
by Starbird, Ellen H.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 4
- ix-x Introduction
by Bentham, Graham & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew
- 339-346 Explanation in medical geography: Evidence and epistemology
by Bennett, David
- 347-353 'Scurvy' Lind's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 355-360 Health discrepancies in rural areas in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert
- 361-368 Inequalities in health and health service use: Evidence from the general household survey
by Haynes, Robin
- 369-379 Another day in paradise? Life on the margins in urban New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A. & Smith, Christopher J. & Abbott, Max W.
- 381-393 Depopulation of the Northern Plains Natives
by Decker, Jody F.
- 395-404 Problems and potential of researching epidemiological transition: Examples from Southeast Asia
by Phillips, David R.
- 405-414 The socio-cultural context of the transmission of HIV in Thailand
by Ford, Nicholas & Koetsawang, Suporn
- 415-421 Geographical variations of motor-vehicle injuries in Quebec, 1983-1988
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Joly, Marie-France & Rannou, André & Bussière, Yves & Bourbeau, Robert
- 423-428 Risk factor changes and mortality changes: A regional perspective on ischaemic heart disease in Norway 1966-1985
by Krüger, Øystein
- 429-434 Chernobyl fallout and perinatal mortality in England and Wales
by Bentham, Graham
- 435-440 Childhood leukaemia mortality and population change in England and Wales 1969-1973
by Langford, Ian
- 441-447 Psychosocial impacts in populations exposed to solid waste facilities
by Taylor, S.Martin & Elliott, Susan & Eyles, John & Frank, John & Haight, Murray & Streiner, David & Walter, Stephen & White, Norman & Willms, Dennis
- 449-458 Sterilization versus segregation: Control of the 'Feebleminded', 1900-1938
by Radford, John P.
- 459-470 Geographical implications of restricting foreign medical immigration: A New Zealand case study, 1976-1987
by Barnett, J.Ross
- 471-476 Substitution of primary care and specialist care: A regional analysis in Denmark
by Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 477-487 Trends in the spatial dimensions of the long term care delivery system. The case of New York State
by Evans, Marlene & Welge, Charles
- 489-500 A needs-based methodology for allocating health care resources in Ontario, Canada: Development and an application
by Eyles, J. & Birch, S. & Chambers, S. & Hurley, J. & Hutchison, B.
- 501-508 Ecological and individual effects in childhood immunisation uptake: A multi-level approach
by Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham & Clegg, Andrew
- 509-518 "I don't believe in needles": Qualitative aspects of a study into the uptake of infant immunisation in two english health authorities
by New, Suzanne J. & Senior, Martyn L.
- 519-530 The place of health in the health of place: The case of the Hokianga special medical area
by Kearns, Robin A.
- vii-vii Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1991, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 225-237 The production of health and the demand for health care in Finland
by Häkkinen, Unto
- 239-248 Concern about aids among hospital physicians, nurses and social workers
by Dworkin, Joan & Albrecht, Gary & Cooksey, Judith
- 249-256 Perceptions of problematic events and quality of care among patients and parents after successful therapy of the child's malignant disease
by Kvist, S.Béatrice M. & Rajantie, Jukka & Kvist, Mårten & Siimes, Martti A.
- 257-267 Social network, social support and acute chest complaints among young and middle-aged patients in an emergency department--A case-control study
by Östergren, P.-O. & Hanson, B.S. & Isacsson, S.-O. & Tejler, L.
- 269-274 Psychoactive drug use among medical doctors is higher than in the general population
by Domenighetti, Gianfranco & Tomamichel, Michele & Gutzwiller, Felix & Berthoud, Silvio & Casabianca, Antoine
- 275-282 The effects of cimetidine on the cost of ulcer disease in Sweden
by Jönsson, Bengt & Carlsson, Per
- 283-287 Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury in Johannesburg--I. Methodological issues in a developing country context
by Brown, Digby S.O. & Nell, Victor
- 289-296 Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury in Johannesburg--II. Morbidity, mortality and etiology
by Nell, Victor & Brown, Digby S.O.
- 297-308 Lay self-care in health: The views and perspectives of Israeli laypeople
by Shye, Diana & Javetz, Rachel & Shuval, Judith T.
- 309-319 Using routine surveys to measure mortality: A tool for programme managers
by David, Patricia H. & Bisharat, Leila & Kawar, Sana
- 321-326 Qualitative methods in operations research on contraceptive distribution systems: A case study from Nigeria
by Webb, Glenn & Ladipo, O.A. & McNamara, Regina
- 327-334 Infant mortality among ethnic immigrant groups
by Weeks, John R. & Rumbaut, Rubén G.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 101-113 Women's perspectives on chronic illness: Ethnicity, ideology and restructuring of life
by Anderson, Joan M. & Blue, Connie & Lau, Annie
- 115-125 Coping with an ileostomy
by Kelly, Michael P.
- 127-137 Employee and job attributes as predictors of absenteeism in a national sample of workers: The importance of health and dangerous working conditions
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 139-152 Discrepant legacies: Premature mortality in two industrial towns
by Phillimore, Peter R. & Morris, David
- 153-160 Ayurveda, malaria and the indigenous herbal tradition in Sri Lanka
by Silva, Kalinga Tudor
- 161-166 General practitioners' subjective experience of surgery workload
by Norman, Paul & Fitter, Mike & Wall, Toby
- 167-175 Tswana medicine in interaction with biomedicine
by Haram, Liv
- 177-183 Effects of social relationships on survival for women with breast cancer: A prospective study
by Waxler-Morrison, Nancy & Hislop, T. Gregory & Mears, Bronwen & Kan, Lisa
- 185-192 Maternal tetanus immunization in Aceh Province, Sumatra: The cost-effectiveness of alternative strategies
by Berman, Peter & Quinley, John & Yusuf, Burhannuddin & Anwar, Syaifuddin & Mustaini, Udin & Azof, A. & Iskandar
- 193-200 Promoting traditional medicine in Ethiopia: A brief historical review of government policy
by Bishaw, Makonnen
- 201-205 Dental care of institutionalized elderly in Singapore
by Soh, George
- 207-213 Age at first experience of intercourse among Norwegian adolescents: A lifestyle perspective
by Kraft, P.
- 215-215 AD HOC Research Committee on brain death and organ transplantation
by Yonemoto, S.
- 217-217 Social medicine in China
by Cai, J.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-3 What should behavioral scientists be doing about AIDS?
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 5-9 Sex, drugs and HIV: an ethnographic approach
by Magaña, J. Raúl
- 11-23 AIDS risk and prevention among adolescents
by Boyer, Cherrie B. & Kegeles, Susan M.
- 25-36 Sexual risk reduction behaviors among young heterosexual adults
by Cochran, Susan D. & Peplau, Letitia Anne
- 37-45 Examining ethnicity versus race in AIDS related sex research
by Wyatt, Gail Elizabeth
- 47-54 AIDS survey methodology with black Americans
by Mays, Vickie M. & Jackson, James S.
- 55-61 The risk approach: Unassailable logic?
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 64-66 Comment
by Davies, A. Michael & Backett, E. Maurice & Petros-Barvazian, Angele
- 66-67 Comment
by Dowie, Jack
- 67-69 Comment
by Dawes, Robyn M.
- 69-69 Comment
by Warren, Kenneth S.
- 71-76 Change in knowledge in a coronary heart disease risk factor intervention study in three communities
by Langenhoven, Marietjie L. & Rossouw, Jacques E. & Jooste, Pieter L. & Chalton, Derek O. & Swanepoel, Anne S. P. & Rossouw, Lesley J. & Jordaan, Peet C. J. & Steyn, Mariana
- 77-82 Adolescents' attitudes to abortion in samples from Italy and Sweden
by Agostino, M. Bengtsson & Wahlberg, V.
- 83-89 Misinformation about medications in rural Ghana
by Wolf-Gould, Carolyn S. & Taylor, Naomi & Horwitz, Sarah McCue & Barry, Michele
- 91-94 What's important for quality of life to Indians--In relation to cancer
by Chaturvedi, Santosh K.
- 95-96 The role of physical attractiveness in the assessment of elderly patients
by Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas & Tuokko, Holly & Beattie, Beverly Lynn
- 69-70 Rejoinder
by Hayes, Michael V.
- iii-iii Introduction
by Shedlin, Michele Goldzieher
1991, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1319-1326 Guineaworm control case study: Planning a multi-strategy approach
by Brieger, William R. & Ramakrishna, Jayashree & Adeniyi, Joshua D. & Sridhar, M. K. C. & Kale, Oladele O.
- 1327-1336 Primary health services in Ecuador: Comparative costs, quality, and equity of care in ministry of health and rural social security facilities
by Robertson, Robert L. & Castro, Carlos E. & Gomez, Luis Carlos & Gwynne, Gretchen & Tinajero Baca, Ciro Luis & Zschock, Dieter K.
- 1337-1340 The quality of life of cancer patients who refuse chemotherapy
by Gilbar, Ora
- 1341-1349 Culture, biomedicine and child mortality in Cameroon
by Azevedo, Mario J. & Prater, Gwendolyn S. & Lantum, Daniel N.
- 1351-1360 Rural health and labour supplies: Empirical evidence from the World Bank assisted agricultural development project in the Kwara State of Nigeria
by Chinedu Umeh, J.
- 1361-1366 Cree Indian healing practices and western health care: A comparative analysis
by Morse, Janice M. & Young, David E. & Swartz, Lise
- 1367-1378 Prostitution, AIDS, and preventive health behavior
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 1379-1387 Response of parents to five killer diseases among children in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayodele
- 1389-1392 Informed consent: A study of experiences and opinion of utilizers of health services from India
by Sriram, T. G. & Kishore Kumar, K. V. & Jayaprakash, M. R. & Sriram, Radhika & Shanmugham, V.
- 1393-1399 Diffusion and physiological responses to the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 in Nigeria
by Ohadike, Don C.
- 1401-1412 Relative costs and cost-effectiveness of extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy versus percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the treatment of renal and ureteric stones
by Mays, Nicholas
- 1413-1416 Why are we weighting? A critical examination of the use of item weights in a health status measure
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1417-1424 User's responses to assistive devices for physical disability
by Brooks, Nancy A.
- 1425-1433 Maternal role of clerical workers: A feminist analysis
by Stevens, Patricia E. & Meleis, Afaf Ibrahim
1991, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1201-1218 Supply and use of essential drugs in sub-Saharan Africa: Some issues and possible solutions
by Foster, Susan
- 1219-1227 La sante des populations d'origine etrangere en France
by Bourdillon, F. & Lombrail, P. & Antoni, M. & Benrekassa, J. & Bennegadi, R. & Leloup, M. & Huraux-Rendu, C. & Scotto, J. C.
- 1229-1235 Social and dietary predictors of serum lipids: A Brazilian example
by Dressler, William W. & Dos Santos, Jose Ernesto & Viteri, Fernando E. & Gallagher, Philip N.
- 1237-1243 Stress, support, psychological states and sleep
by Paulsen, Virginia M. & Shaver, Joan L.
- 1245-1255 Measuring knowledge of cancer
by Berman, Steven H. & Wandersman, Abraham
- 1257-1262 Religion and psychological distress in a community sample
by Williams, David R. & Larson, David B. & Buckler, Robert E. & Heckmann, Richard C. & Pyle, Caroline M.
- 1263-1268 Relationships among and demographic predictors of dentists' self-reported adherence to national guidelines
by Dorsey, Maureen & Overman, Pamela & Hayden, William J. & Mayberry, William & Requa-Clark, Barbara & Krust, Kimberly
- 1269-1274 Community health screening programs for African-Americans and the medical anthropologist
by Bailey, Eric J.
- 1275-1281 Knowledge, Attitudes and Perceptions (KAP) of onchocerciasis: A survey among residents in an endemic area in Guatemala targeted for mass chemotherapy with ivermectin
by Richards, Frank & Klein, Robert E. & Gonzales-Peralta, Carlos & Zea Flores, Rodolfo & Zea Flores, Guillermo & Castro Ramirez, Julio
- 1283-1289 Obstetrical attitudes and practices before and after the Canadian consensus conference statement on cesarean birth
by Domnick Pierre, Karin & Vayda, Eugene & Lomas, Jonathan & Enkin, Murray W. & Hannah, Walter J. & Anderson, Geoff M.
- 1291-1296 Loneliness and social support of mothers of chronically ill children
by Florian, Victor & Krulik, Tamar
- 1297-1300 Confounding of occupation and smoking: Its magnitude and consequences
by Smith, George Davey & Shipley, Martin J.
- 1301-1310 Doctor-patient communication and the quality of care
by Bensing, Jozien
- 1311-1313 Note on 'suicide and increased availability of handguns in the United States': The influence of firearm ownership on accidental deaths
by Lester, David & Clarke, Ronald V.
- 1317-1318 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1079-1088 Challenges to equity in health and health care: A Zimbabwean case study
by Loewenson, Rene & Sanders, David & Davies, Rob
- 1089-1096 Life events, sense of coherence and health: Gender differences on the kibbutz
by Carmel, Sara & Anson, Ofra & Levenson, Arie & Bonneh, Dan Y. & Maoz, Benjamin
- 1097-1103 The health care of poor persons living in wealthy areas
by Berk, Marc L. & Cunningham, Peter & Beauregard, Karen
- 1105-1110 Women's lung cancer mortality, socio-economic status and changing smoking patterns
by Pugh, Helena & Power, Christine & Goldblatt, Peter & Arber, Sara
- 1111-1119 Workload and job satisfaction among general practitioners: A review of the literature
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jank B. F.
- 1121-1128 The politics of psychiatric self-help: Political factions, interactional support, and group longevity in a social movement
by Emerick, Robert E.
- 1129-1136 Results of two methods to determine health expectancy in The Netherlands in 1981-1985
by van Ginneken, J. K. S. & Dissevelt, A. G. & van de Water, H. P. A. & van Sonsbeek, J. L. A.
- 1137-1142 Hostility to people with aids: Risk perception and demographic factors
by Mondragón, Delfi & Kirkman-Life, Bradford & Schneller, Eugene S.
- 1143-1150 Verbal analysis of doctor-patient communication
by Meeuwesen, Ludwien & Schaap, Cas & van der Staak, Cees
- 1151-1159 Life expectancies of cigarette smokers and nonsmokers in the United States
by Rogers, Richard G. & Powell-Griner, Eve
- 1161-1167 Determinants of subject compliance within an experimental anti-HIV drug protocol
by Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Coburn, Mary & Hyslop, Newton & Greenspan, Debra & Balson, Paul M.
- 1169-1181 Gender differences in Israeli physicians' career patterns, productivity and family structure
by Shye, Diana
- 1183-1189 Compliance in acute and chronic patients receiving a health belief model intervention in the emergency department
by Jones, Susan L. & Jones, Paul K. & Katz, Janet
- 1191-1198 Regulating teratogenicity as a health risk
by Gilden, Nanda & Bodewitz, Henk
- i-i Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 967-980 AIDS and the social side of health
by Ankrah, E.Maxine
- 981-987 Underreporting by cancer patients: The case of response-shift
by Breetvelt, I.S. & Van Dam, F.S.A.M.
- 989-1005 Patterns and causes of gender differences in smoking
by Waldron, Ingrid
- 1007-1016 The patient's right to information in Japan--Legal rules and doctor's opinions
by Hattori, Hiroyuki & Salzberg, Stephan M. & Kiang, Winston P. & Fujimiya, Tatsuya & Tejima, Yutaka & Furuno, Junji
- 1017-1027 Depression and acute myocardial infarction: A review and reinterpretation
by Fielding, Richard
- 1029-1036 Treating psychiatric disorders among Mien refugees from highland Laos
by Moore, Laurie J. & Boehnlein, James K.
- 1037-1050 HIV, heroin and heterosexual relations
by Kane, Stephanie
- 1051-1056 Interpersonal conflicts at work and psychosocial characteristics of employees
by Appelberg, Kirsi & Romanov, Kalle & Honkasalo, Marja-Liisa & Koskenvuo, Markku
- 1057-1061 The effect of a household partner and home urine monitoring on adherence to a sodium restricted diet
by Cohen, Stuart J. & Weinberger, Myron H. & Fineberg, Naomi S. & Miller, Judy Z. & Grim, Clarence E. & Luft, Friedrich C.
- 1063-1066 Ethnic differences in the experience of pain
by Thomas, V.J. & Rose, F.D.
- 1067-1073 Adult leukemia and farm practices: An alternative approach for assessing geographical pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 853-866 Bringing social structure back into clinical decision making
by Clark, Jack A. & Potter, Deborah A. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 The decontextualization of mental illness: The portrayal of work in psychiatric drug advertisements
by Kleinman, Daniel Lee & Cohen, Lawrence Jack
- 875-885 Ambiguous responsibility in the doctor-patient relationship: The case of infertility
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 887-898 The use of national sample surveys for nutritional surveillance: Lessons from Malawi's national sample survey of agriculture
by Pelletier, David L. & Msukwa, Louis A. H.
- 899-908 Measuring health lifestyles in a comparative analysis: Theoretical issues and empirical findings
by Abel, Thomas
- 909-915 Rapid appraisal in an urban setting, an example from the developed world
by Ong, Bie Nio & Humphris, Gerry & Annett, Hugh & Rifkin, Susan
- 917-930 Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about HIV infection and AIDS among healthy factory workers and their wives, Kinshasa, Zaire
by Irwin, Kathleen & Bertrand, Jane & Mibandumba, Ndilu & Mbuyi, Kashama & Muremeri, Chirezi & Mukoka, Makolo & Munkolenkole, Kamenga & Nzilambi, Nzila & Bosenge, Ngaly & Ryder, Robert & Peterson, Herbert & Lee, Nancy C. & Wingo, Phyllis & O'Reilly, Kevin & Rufo, Kathy
- 931-942 A structural analysis of physician-midwife interaction in an obstetrical training program
by Graham, Susan Brandt
- 943-952 Communication and awareness about death: A study of a random sample of dying people
by Seale, Clive
- 953-957 A survey of the cervical screening service in a London district, including reasons for non-attendance, ethnic responses and views on the quality of the service
by Doyle, Yvonne
- 959-961 Women's health education in rural Bangladesh
by Sloss, Laura J. & Munier, Ahmed
1991, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 745-755 Politics, power and poverty: Health for all in 2000 in the Third World?
by Green, Reginald Herbold
- 757-765 Narrative analysis: A method of psychosocial research for AIDS-affected people
by Viney, Linda L. & Bousfield, Lynne
- 767-771 Age and the operationalization of social support
by Olsen, Ole & Iversen, Lars & Sabroe, Svend
- 773-781 The role of public values in setting health care priorities
by Hadorn, David C.
- 783-791 AIDS prevention and sexual liberalization in Great Britain
by Mittag, Helga
- 793-804 Why is health relatively poor on Sri Lanka's tea estates?
by Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 805-811 Effect of domestic and occupational roles on morbidity and mortality
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 813-818 Factors affecting treatment decisions for a life-threatening illness: The case of medical treatment of breast cancer
by Siminoff, L. A. & Fetting, J. H.
- 819-830 The social context of occupational stress in a caring profession
by Handy, Jocelyn A.
- 831-836 Racial inequalities in childhood asthma
by Mitchell, E. A.
- 837-846 Smoking and sedentary behavior as related to work organization
by Johansson, Gunn & Johnson, Jeffrey V. & Hall, Ellen M.
- 847-852 Traveling waves of HIV infection on a low dimensional 'socio-geographic' network
by Wallace, Rodrick
1991, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 627-632 Satisfaction with communication, medical knowledge, and coping style in patients with metastatic cancer
by Steptoe, Andrew & Sutcliffe, Ian & Allen, Bryony & Coombes, Charles
- 633-642 Community oriented primary care: Origins, evolution, applications
by Tollman, Stephen
- 643-648 The constitution of physicians' power: A theoretical framework for comparative analysis
by Duran-Arenas, Luis & Kennedy, Michael
- 649-665 Aging and disability in China: Cultural issues in measurement and interpretation
by Ikels, Charlotte
- 667-675 Is growth monitoring worthwhile? An evaluation of its use in three child health programmes in Zaire
by Gerein, Nancy M. & Ross, David A.
- 677-681 The impact of who you know and where you live on opinions about aids and health care
by Gerbert, Barbara & Sumser, John & Maguire, Bryan T.
- 683-688 The HIV test and sexual behaviour in a sample of homosexually active men
by Dawson, Jill & Fitzpatrick, Ray & McLean, John & Hart, Graham & Boulton, Mary
- 689-696 Patterns of diet related self-care in diabetes
by Maclean, Heather M.
- 697-704 Role retention and quality of life of bone marrow transplant survivors
by Baker, Frank & Curbow, Barbara & Wingard, John R.
- 705-714 The MOS social support survey
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald & Stewart, Anita L.
- 715-723 Delayed antenatal care: Does it effect pregnancy outcome?
by Thomas, Peter & Golding, Jean & Peters, Tim J.
- 725-731 Communicating probabilistic information to cancer patients: Is there 'noise' on the line?
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Tritchler, D. L. & Sem, F. & Brooks, L. & Till, J. E.
- 733-741 A test of an expanded theory of reasoned action to predict mammography participation
by Montano, Daniel E. & Taplin, Stephen H.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 525-534 Performance and state changes during the menstrual cycle, conceptualised within a broad band testing framework
by Ussher, J. M. & Wilding, J. M.
- 535-539 The male street prostitute: A vector for transmission of HIV infection into the heterosexual world
by Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Osofsky, Howard J. & Balson, Paul M. & Gaumer, H. Richard
- 541-548 Information-giving in medical consultations: The influence of patients' communicative styles and personal characteristics
by Street, Richard L.
- 549-552 A dialogue between practitioners of alternative (traditional) medicine and modern (western) medicine in Norway
by Christie, Vigdis Moe
- 553-558 Nurse appraisal systems: Characteristics and effectiveness
by Cardy, Robert L. & Korodi, Cathy
- 559-563 Ethics and the care of persons with Bell's palsy
by Erde, Edmund L. & Eden, Avrim R.
- 565-577 Health care provision and distributive justice: End stage renal disease and the elderly in Britain and America
by Gill, Derek G. & Ingman, Stanley R. & Campbell, James
- 579-590 Gender differences in health related behaviour: Some unanswered questions
by Kandrack, Mary-Anne & Grant, Karen R. & Segall, Alexander
- 591-599 Whose side are we on now? Ethical issues in social research and medical practice
by Lawson, Annette
- 601-612 Pilgrimage of pain: The illness experiences of women with repetition strain injury and the search for credibility
by Reid, Janice & Ewan, Christine & Lowy, Eva
- 613-618 An alternative to unattended delivery--A training programme for village midwives in Papua New Guinea
by Alto, William A. & Albu, Ruth E. & Irabo, Garabinu
- 619-622 Who stopped smoking?--Results from a panel survey of living conditions in Sweden
by Lundberg, O. & Rosén, B. & Rosén, M.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 359-365 Contextual variations in the meaning of health inequality
by Illsley, Raymond & Baker, Deborah
- 367-371 Inequality in health--Some theoretical and empirical problems
by Vågerö, Denny
- 373-384 Rethinking the health selection explanation for health inequalities
by West, Patrick
- 385-393 Causal explanations for class inequality in health--An empirical analysis
by Lundberg, Olle
- 395-402 Lack of class variation in health in adolescence: An artefact of an occupational measure of social class?
by Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 403-410 Socio-economic differences in mortality among children. Do they persist into adulthood?
by Östberg, Viveca & Vågerö, Denny
- 411-417 Social and economic background and class inequalities in health among young adults
by Power, Chris
- 419-423 Long-term unemployment and mortality in Sweden, 1980-1986
by Stefansson, Claes-Göran
- 425-436 Class, paid employment and family roles: Making sense of structural disadvantage, gender and health status
by Arber, Sara
- 437-440 Mortality among the elderly in Sweden by social class
by Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 441-448 Managing medicine: A response to the 'crisis'
by Hunter, David J.
- 449-454 Tranquillisers and health care in crisis
by Gabe, Jonathan & Bury, Michael
- 455-464 The increasing number of very old people will change the Swedish model of the welfare state
by Thorslund, Mats
- 465-471 Advertising for psychotropic drugs in the Nordic countries: Metaphors, gender and life situations
by Riska, Elianne & Hägglund, Ulrica
- 473-481 Towards a Swedish health policy for the 1990s: Planned markets and public firms
by von Otter, Casten & Saltman, Richard B.
- 483-489 Community versus hospital care: The crisis in psychiatric provision
by Prior, Lindsay
- 491-497 The service system at the crossroad of demography and policy making-- Implications for the elderly
by Andersson, Lars