Social Science & Medicine
1989, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 155-164 "A built bed is a filled bed?" An empirical re-examination
by van Doorslaer, E.K.A. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 165-173 Variations in resource utilization--The role of medical practice and its economic impact
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Håkansson, Stefan
- 175-182 Assessing data quality: A computerized approach
by Roos, Leslie L. & Sharp, Sandra M. & Wajda, Andre
1989, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-8 AIDS in Africa: Emerging trends
by Pela, A. Ona & Platt, Jerome J.
- 9-12 Health information imperatives for Third World countries
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 13-15 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 15-17 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A reply
by McGuire, Alistair
- 19-27 Effects of breast cancer and mastectomy on emotional support and adjustment
by Zemore, Robert & Shepel, Lawrence F.
- 29-36 Dimensions of negative affectivity, self-reported somatic symptoms, and health-related behaviors
by Vassend, Olav
- 37-44 Defensive work in nursing homes: Accountability gone amok
by Wiener, Carolyn L. & Kayser-Jones, Jeanie
- 45-51 Differences between Kallawaya-Andean and Greek-European humoral theory
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 53-58 Measuring satisfaction with health care: A comparison of single with paired rating strategies
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Minkin, S. & Tritchler, D. L. & Till, J. E. & Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A.
- 59-67 As children survive: Dilemmas of aging in the developing world
by Bicknell, William J. & Parks, Cindy Lou
- 69-80 Perceptual correlates of physician referral to physical therapists: Implications for role expansion
by Ritchey, Ferris J. & Pinkston, Dorothy & Goldbaum, Joanne E. & Heerten, Margret E.
- 81-86 A prospective study to identify the fall-prone patient
by Morse, Janice M. & Black, Colleen & Oberle, Kathleen & Donahue, Patricia
- 87-92 It's how you say it: Physicians' vocal behavior
by Harrigan, Jinni A. & Gramata, James F. & Lucic, Karen S. & Margolis, Charles
- 93-97 Three conflicts as a result of causal attributions
by Kroode, Herman Ten & Oosterwijk, Mieke & Steverink, Nardi
1988, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1299-1308 Medical compliance as an ideology
by Trostle, James A.
- 1309-1316 Sports participation and health status: A preliminary analysis
by Lamb, K.L. & Dench, S. & Brodie, D.A. & Roberts, K.
- 1317-1325 Socioeconomic status and health status: A study of males in the Canada health survey
by Hay, David Ian
- 1327-1335 Revision of the Italian psychiatric reform: North/South differences and future strategies
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael & Muscettola, Giovanni
- 1337-1342 Predictive value of life events, psychosocial factors and self-rated health on disability in an elderly rural French population
by Grand, A. & Grosclaude, P. & Bocquet, H. & Pous, J. & Albarede, J.L.
- 1343-1348 The concept of flow in Rwandan popular medicine
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1349-1355 Depression in unemployed Swedish women
by Hall, Ellen M. & Johnson, Jeffrey V.
- 1357-1368 Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence
by Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K.
- 1369-1379 Is there a religious factor in health care utilization?: A review
by Schiller, Preston L. & Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 1381-1386 How physicians choose drugs
by Denig, P. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F.M. & Zijsling, D.H.
- 1387-1392 Effects of a community-wide smoking cessation program
by Wheeler, Robert J.
- 1393-1400 The role of social support and life stress events in use of mental health services
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald
- 1401-1409 Practice compatibility and type of framework: Essential dimensions in the salaried primary care practitioners' approach to practice
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 1411-1414 The Nottingham health profile: An analysis of its sensitivity in differentiating illness groups
by Jenkinson, Crispin & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Argyle, Michael
- 1415-1427 Pharmaceuticals in two Brazilian villages: Lay practices and perceptions
by Haak, Hilbrand
- 1429-1432 Alcohol-related knowledge, beliefs and attitudes among health and clerical personnel
by Poikolainen, Kari
- 1433-1437 Cornell medical index responses and mortality in a Polynesian population
by Crews, Douglas E. & Pearson, Jay D.
- 1439-1446 The urban community as the client in preterm birth prevention: Evaluation of a program component
by Freda, Margaret Comerford & Damus, Karla & Merkatz, Irwin R.
- 1447-1459 The impacts of positive psychological states on physical health: A review and theoretical framework
by Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Cooper, Cary L.
- 1461-1464 Accountability of anthropologists, indigenous healers and their governments: A plea for reasonable medicine
by Glasser, Morton
1988, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1125-1130 Can collaborative programs between biomedical and African indigenous health practitioners succeed?
by Green, Edward C.
- 1131-1138 The transformation of Zimbabwe's health care system: A review of the white paper on health
by Manga, Pran
- 1139-1145 Information and decision-making preferences of hospitalized adult cancer patients
by Blanchard, Christina G. & Labrecque, Mark S. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Blanchard, Edward B.
- 1147-1152 Assessing alcoholism as a risk factor for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
by Molgaard, Craig A. & Nakamura, Chester & Hovell, Melbourne & Elder, John P.
- 1153-1170 Private medicine and the privatisation of health care in South Africa
by Naylor, C. David
- 1171-1182 Entre 'sickness' et 'illness': De la socialisation a l'individualisation de la 'maladie'
by Zempléni, Andras
- 1183-1188 A human development intervention in the Philippines: Effect on child morbidity
by Hill, John H. & Woods, M. E. & Dorsey, Steven D.
- 1189-1196 Workers' perceptions, knowledge and responses regarding occupational health and safety: A report on a Canadian study
by Walters, Vivienne & Haines, Ted
- 1197-1206 Symbolic, ritual and social dynamics of spiritual healing
by Glik, Deborah C.
- 1207-1213 Health through three life stages: A longitudinal study of urban black adolescents
by Brunswick, Ann F. & Merzel, Cheryl R.
- 1215-1221 Psychological distress and the decision to seek medical care
by Berkanovic, Emil & Hurwicz, Margo-Lea & Landsverk, John
- 1223-1235 Health services inequalities in Nigeria
by Ityavyar, Dennis A.
- 1237-1245 Social factors affecting use of immunization in Indonesia
by Kim, Streatfield & Singarimbun, Masri
- 1247-1256 Statutory change and 'street-level' implementation of psychiatric commitment
by Marx, Jonathan I. & Levinson, Richard M.
- 1257-1262 Choice of surgery for early breast cancer: Psychosocial considerations
by Morris, Jenny & Ingham, Roger
- 1263-1268 Children and core-periphery differences
by Vuorinen, Heikki S. & Floman, Peter A. & Väänänen, Ilkka S.
- 1269-1275 Gender differences in tobacco use in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America
by Waldron, Ingrid & Bratelli, Gary & Carriker, Laura & Sung, Wei-Chin & Vogeli, Christine & Waldman, Elizabeth
- 1277-1286 Causal reasoning and the treatment of diarrhoeal disease by mothers in Kenya
by Patel, Vimla L. & Eisemon, Thomas O. & Arocha, JoséF.
- 1287-1294 Modeling hospital closure relative to organizational theory: The applicability of ecology theory's environmental determinism and adaptation perspectives
by Gifford, Blair D. & Mullner, Ross M.
- 1295-1298 Distribution of knowledge of AIDS: A national study
by Ross, Michael W.
1988, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1011-1018 Social policy for pollution-related diseases
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1019-1029 Science and persuasion: Environmental disease in U.S. courts
by Boden, Leslie I. & Raymond Miyares, J. & Ozonoff, David
- 1031-1041 Scientific information in judicial and administrative systems
by Burger Jr, Edward J.
- 1043-1052 Compensation of pollution-related health damage in Japan
by Aronson, Bruce
- 1053-1059 Current problems and prospects with the Japanese compensation system for pollution-related health damage
by Awaji, Takehisa & Tsukatani, Tsuneo
- 1061-1070 A review of legal and policy issues in legislating compensation for victims of toxic substance pollution
by Soble, Stephen M & Brennan, Janis H
- 1071-1084 Collective judicial management of mass toxic tort controversies: Lessons and issues from the agent orange litigation
by Novey, Lawrence B.
- 1085-1095 Major industrial risks and compensation of victims: The role for insurance
by Smets, Henri
- 1097-1103 The psychological dimensions of health care for patients exposed to radiation and the other invisible environmental contaminants
by Vyner, Henry M.
- 1105-1112 Some international law aspects of the Bhopal disaster
by Tyagi, Y.K. & Rosencranz, Armin
- 1113-1123 The Bhopal disaster and the right to know
by Jasanoff, Sheila
1988, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 879-888 Transforming China's collective health care system: A village study
by Huang, Shu-Min
- 889-894 Post-1950 mortality trends and medical care: Gains in life expectancy due to declines in mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention in the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Looman, Caspar W.N. & Kunst, Anton E. & Habbema, J.Dik F. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 895-900 Contributions of patients to general practitioner consultations in relation to their understanding of doctor's instructions and advice
by Robinson, E.J. & Whitfield, M.J.
- 901-910 Mortality and living conditions: Relative mortality levels and their relation to the physical quality of life in urban populations
by Anson, Jon
- 911-917 Regional variations in cardiovascular mortality in Sweden--Structural vulnerability in the local community
by Starrin, Bengt & Larsson, Gerry & Brenner, Sten-Olof
- 919-925 Ritual coordination of medical pluralism in highland Nepal: Implications for policy
by Parker, Barbara
- 927-933 Towards a conceptual framework of lay evaluation of health care
by Calnan, Michael
- 935-939 What patients like about their medical care and how often they are asked: A meta-analysis of the satisfaction literature
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 941-945 Oral contraceptives, sociocultural beliefs and psychiatric symptoms
by Fakhr El-Islam, M. & Malasi, Taha H. & Abu-Dagga, Sanaa I.
- 947-954 Identifying factors associated with health care use: A hospital-based risk screening index
by Evans, Ron L. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Lawrence, Kaye V. & Bishop, Duane S.
- 955-970 Computerized calculation of essential drug requirements
by Soeters, Robert & Bannenberg, Wilbert
- 971-985 La geographie du cancer de l'oesophage
by Ghadirian, P. & Thouez, J.P. & Simard, A.
- 987-994 Do British women undergo too many or too few hysterectomies?
by Coulter, Angela & McPherson, Klim & Vessey, Martin
- 995-998 Adolescents and nuclear arms issues
by Sheffet, Amiram M. & Zutz, Harry M. & Titelbaum, Jules A. & Louria, Donald B.
- 999-1002 Life stressors and social resources: An integrated assessment approach
by Moos, Rudolf H. & Fenn, Catharine B. & Billings, Andrew G.
1988, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 747-750 Techniques of healing in Southeast Asia
by Laderman, Carol & Van Esterik, Penny
- 751-759 To strengthen and refresh: Herbal therapy in Southeast Asia
by Van Esterik, Penny
- 761-768 The interplay of traditional therapies in south Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 769-778 Folk medicine in Laos: A comparison between two ethnic groups
by Westermeyer, Joseph
- 779-787 Healing texts and healing techniques in indigenous Balinese medicine
by McCauley, Ann P.
- 789-797 Doctoring by go-between: Aspects of health care for Malay children
by Massard, Josiane
- 799-810 Wayward winds: Malay archetypes, and theory of personality in the context of shamanism
by Laderman, Carol
- 811-818 The pragmatics of aesthetics: The performance of healing among Senoi temiar
by Roseman, Marina
- 819-828 The drum is the shaman, the spear guides his voice
by Hoskins, Janet
- 829-839 Healing boundaries in south Kalimantan
by Tsing, Anna Lowenhaupt
- 841-856 Severing the bonds of love: A case study in soul loss
by Steedly, Mary Margaret
- 857-877 Ambiguity, synecdoche and affect in semai medicine
by Dentan, Robert Knox
1988, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 661-665 Health, apartheid and the frontline states
by Zwi, Anthony & Marks, Shula & Andersson, Neil
- 667-681 Apartheid and health in the 1980s
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
- 683-689 Tuberculosis in the Western Cape health region of South Africa
by Yach, Derek
- 691-702 Occupational health and safety in South Africa: The perspectives of capital, state and unions
by Zwi, Anthony & Fonn, Sharon & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 703-716 The consequences of health service privatisation for equality and equity in health care in South Africa
by Price, Max
- 717-722 Health as a target: South Africa's destabilization of Mozambique
by Cliff, Julie & Noormahomed, Abdul Razak
- 723-731 The economy, the health sector and child health in Zimbabwe since independence
by Sanders, David & Davies, Rob
- 733-741 Labour insecurity and health: An epidemiological study in Zimbabwe
by Loewenson, Rene
- 743-745 Health, nutrition and agricultural development in Northern Zambia
by Vaughan, Megan & Moore, Henrietta
1988, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 569-578 Effects of HIV infection, perceived health and clinical status on a cohort at risk for aids
by Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kerth & Joseph, Jill G. & Ostrow, David G. & Phair, John P. & Chmiel, Joan S. & Wortman, Camille B. & Emmons, Carol-Ann
- 579-586 Images of general practice: The perceptions of the doctor
by Calnan, Michael
- 587-596 Biocultural belief and iodine prophylaxis
by Lellep Fernandez, Renate
- 597-605 Self-assessment of health before and after a myocardial infarction
by Mæland, John G. & Havik, Odd E.
- 607-614 Child mortality in a Nigerian City: Its levels and socioeconomic differentials
by Oni, Gbolahan A.
- 615-622 Occupation, marriage and disease-specific mortality concordance
by Fletcher, Ben (C)
- 623-626 Type a behavior pattern and illness other than coronary heart disease
by Wrzesniewski, Kazimierz & Wonicki, Julian & Turlejski, Jan
- 627-636 The effect of child fostering on feeding practices and access to health services in rural Sierra Leone
by Bledsoe, Caroline H. & Ewbank, Douglas C. & Isiugo-Abanihe, Uche C.
- 637-644 Meta-analysis of satisfaction with medical care: Description of research domain and analysis of overall satisfaction levels
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 645-649 'Repetition strain injury': An Australian epidemic of upper limb pain
by Hall, Wayne & Morrow, Louise
- 651-660 Reasons for non-attendance for computer-managed cervical screening: Pilot interviews
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf & Haran, Dave & Eardley, Anne & Spencer, Brenda
1988, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 415-416 Permanence and change in Asian health care
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 417-424 The semiotics of ritual healing in a North Indian Muslim shrine
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 425-436 From mantra to mataráa: Opacity and transparency in the language of Tobelo magic and medicine (Halmahera Island, Indonesia)
by Taylor, Paul Michael
- 437-443 Supernaturalist curers and sorcery accusations in Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 445-450 Healing thyself: A Korean shaman's afflictions
by Kendall, Laurel
- 451-460 Bereavement and loss in two Muslim communities: Egypt and Bali compared
by Wikan, Unni
- 461-469 The quality of a mother's milk and the health of her child: Beliefs and practices of the women of Mithila
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 471-477 Humoral concepts of mental illness in India
by Weiss, Mitchell G. & Desai, Amit & Jadhav, Sushrut & Gupta, Lalit & Channabasavanna, S.M. & Doongaji, D.R. & Behere, Prakash B.
- 479-489 Exploring pluralism--The many faces of Ayurveda
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 491-495 Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice in Nepal
by Durkin, Maureen
- 497-504 Childbearing in Korea
by Sich, Dorothea
- 505-513 Modes of production and medicine: An examination of the theory in light of Sherpa medical traditionalism
by Adams, Vincanne
- 515-520 Hegemony and healing in rural North Yemen
by Myntti, Cynthia
- 521-529 Integration of traditional Chinese medicine with Western medicine--Right or wrong?
by Jingfeng, Cai
- 531-544 Plural medicine in Sri Lanka: Do ayurvedic and western medical practices differ?
by Waxler-Morrison, Nancy E.
- 545-552 Illness behaviour in Sri Lanka: Results of a survey in two Sinhalese communities
by Wolffers, Ivan
- 553-561 International consultation and the homogenization of psychiatry in Southeast Asia
by Higginbotham, Nick & Marsella, Anthony J.
- 563-567 Pharmaceuticals and health policy: An Indian example
by Stoker, Andrew & Jeffery, Roger
1988, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 291-296 Inequalities? Social class differentials in health in British youth
by West, Patrick
- 297-303 AIDS and the human community
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 305-320 HMOs in the U.S.A. and Britain: A new prospect for health care?
by Rayner, Geof
- 321-326 The expectation of life without disability in England and Wales
by Bebbington, A. C.
- 327-337 A review of the social patterning and significance of measures of height, weight, blood pressure and respiratory function
by Macintyre, Sally
- 339-343 Defining death: Organ transplants, tradition and technology in Japan
by Feldman, Eric A.
- 345-352 Origins and stability of children's health beliefs relative to medicine use
by Bush, Patricia J. & Iannotti, Ronald J.
- 353-357 Traditional medicine and the stakes of legitimation in Senegal
by Fassin, Didier & Fassin, Eric
- 359-368 Health surveys in developing countries: The objectives and design of an international programme
by Timaeus, Ian & Harpham, Trudy & Price, Max & Gilson, Lucy
- 369-375 Immediate effectiveness of brief psychological training for health professionals dealing with terminally ill cancer patients: A controlled study
by Razavi, Darius & Delvaux, Nicole & Farvacques, Christine & Robaye, Edmond
- 377-383 Artificial insemination using donor semen and the issue of secrecy: The views of donors and recipient couples
by Daniels, Ken R.
- 385-392 Social support and recovery after surgery for breast cancer: Frequency and correlates of supportive behaviours by family, friends and surgeon
by Neuling, Sandra J. & Winefield, Helen R.
- 393-397 Comparison of infants dying from the sudden infant death syndrome with matched live controls
by Bartholomew, Sheila & MacArthur, B. A.
- 399-403 Social relationships and psychological well-being in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Lamb, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 405-410 Advantages of breastfeeding according to Turkish mothers living in Istanbul and Stockholm
by Koctürk, Tahire
1988, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 197-206 The jungle and the aroma of meats: An ecological theme in Hindu medicine
by Zimmermann, Francis
- 217-221 Confrontation and politeness strategies in physician-patient interactions
by Robins, Lynne S. & Wolf, Fredric M.
- 223-229 The development of medical sociology in Finland
by Lahelma, Eero & Riska, Elianne
- 231-238 Climate, diffused solar radiation and multiple sclerosis
by Laborde, Joyce M. & Dando, William A. & Teetzen, Merle L.
- 239-247 Unemployment and psychiatric distress: Social resources and coping
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 249-254 Unintended pregnancies that lead to babies
by Cartwright, Ann
- 255-262 Predicting the effect of hospital closure on hospital utilization patterns
by McLafferty, Sara
- 263-267 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community--Patterns of individual use during 2 years
by Isacson, Dag & Carsjö, Kerstin & Haglund, Bengt & Smedby, Björn
- 269-275 A comparison of two survey measures of health status
by Leavey, Ralph & Wilkin, David
- 277-285 A psychosocial perspective in the explanation of patients' drug-taking behavior
by Ried, L.Douglas & Christensen, Dale B.
- 287-289 Self-medication among primary care patients in Farazdak clinic in Riyadh
by Abdelwahid Saeed, Abdalla
1988, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 119-127 Poverty and disease: Need for structural change
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 129-148 From vice to madness: The semantics of naturalistic and personalistic understandings in Trinidadian local medicine
by Littlewood, Roland
- 149-158 Marriage and the psychological consequences of a heart attack: A longitudinal study of adaptation to chronic illness after 3 years
by Waltz, Millard & Badura, Bernhard & Pfaff, Holgar & Schott, Thomas
- 159-166 Cancer care--A stress for health professionals
by Delvaux, Nicole & Razavi, Darius & Farvacques, Christine
- 167-172 Predictors of prenatal care utilization
by McDonald, Thomas P. & Coburn, Andrew F.
- 173-180 Journey patterns of the elderly and disabled in the cotswolds: A spatial analysis
by Gant, R. L. & Smith, J. A.
- 181-186 The single parent family and the child's mental health
by Moilanen, Irma & Rantakallio, Paula
- 187-190 Psychiatric disorders and selected variables among medical students in Belgrade (Yugoslavia)
by Eric, Ljubomir & Radovanovic, Zoran & Jevremovic, Ivana & Marinkovic, Jelena
1988, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Anthropological studies of diarrheal illness
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mull, J. Dennis
- 5-16 Cultural models of diarrheal illness: Conceptual framework and review
by Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 17-23 The implementation of a diarrheal disease control program in Honduras: Is it 'selective primary health care' or 'integrated primary health care'?
by Kendall, Carl
- 25-38 Mystification of a simple solution: Oral rehydration therapy in Northeast Brazil
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Rebhun, L. A.
- 39-52 From aralu to ORS: Sinhalese perceptions of digestion, diarrhea, and dehydration
by Nichter, Mark
- 53-67 Mothers' concepts of childhood diarrhea in rural Pakistan: What ORT program planners should know
by Mull, J. Dennis & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 69-73 Some preliminary considerations on the sobada: A traditional treatment for gastrointestinal illness in Costa Rica
by Simpson, Sharleen H.
- 75-85 The household management of childhood diarrhea in rural North India
by Bentley, Margaret E.
- 87-96 Adoption of oral rehydration therapy among Haitian mothers
by Coreil, Jeannine & Genece, Eddy
- 97-105 Anthropological involvement in the Central American diarrheal disease control project
by Scrimshaw, Susan C. M. & Hurtado, Elena
- 107-116 Rapid ethnographic assessment: Applications in a diarrhea management program
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H. & Straus, Walter L. & Schumann, Debra A. & Adegbola, Catherine & de la Pena, Emanuela & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H. & Huffman, Sandra L.
- 117-118 Anthropology and oral rehydration therapy
by Neumann, Alfred K.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 1175-1181 Traditional thought and modern western surgery
by Katz, Pearl & Kirkland, Faris R.
- 1183-1189 The role of commercial sources in the adoption of a new drug
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 1191-1196 Social science and medical education in Nigeria
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 1197-1197 Historical and cross-cultural perspectives on nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee
- 1199-1208 'Prisoners of their own feebleness': Women, nerves and western medicine--A historical overview
by Cayleff, Susan E.
- 1209-1221 Medical and popular traditions of nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee & Whitten, Richard G.
- 1223-1231 The social meanings of nervios: A case study of a central American woman
by Guarnaccia, Peter J. & Farias, Pablo
- 1233-1243 Conceptions of schizophrenia as a problem of nerves: A cross-cultural comparison of Mexican-Americans and Anglo-Americans
by Jenkins, Janis H.
- 1245-1259 'Nerves': Folk idiom for anxiety and depression?
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Camino, Linda A. & Walker, Frederic B.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1079-1085 The taxonomy of social support: An ethnographic analysis among adolescent mothers
by Boyce, W.Thomas & Kay, Margarita & Uitti, Chris
- 1087-1093 The role of organizations in community participation--Prevention of accidental injuries in a rural Swedish municipality
by Schelp, Lothar
- 1095-1101 The doctor-patient relationship during medical internship: The evolution of dissatisfaction
by Sparr, Landy F. & Gordon, Geoffrey H. & Hickam, David H. & Girard, Donald E.
- 1103-1107 Nurses autonomy and job satisfaction
by Carmel, Sara & Yakubovich, Ilana Shoham & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1109-1116 A game-theoretic approach to donor kidney sharing
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 1117-1124 Child morbidity in the Kingston metropolitan area, Jamaica 1983
by Bailey, Wilma
- 1125-1132 Warm bodies, cool milk: Conflicts in post partum food choice for Indochinese women in California
by Fishman, Claudia & Evans, Robin & Jenks, Eloise
- 1133-1139 Communities, self-causation and the natural lottery
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 1141-1158 Content of care by independent midwives: Assistance with pain in labor and birth
by Sakala, Carol
- 1159-1172 Mutumwa nchimi healers and wizardry beliefs in Zambia
by Dillon-Malone, Clive
- 1173-1174 Your neighbour's son: A film review with a commentary on psychosocial processes in the making of a torturer
by Allodi, F.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 979-988 The aids crisis: A United States health care perspective
by Shulman, Lawrence C. & Mantell, Joanne E.