Health among the oldest-old in China: Which living arrangements make a difference?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeng Yi & James W. Vaupel & Xiao Zhenyu & Zhang Chunyuan & Liu Yuzhi, 2002. "Sociodemographic and Health Profiles of the Oldest Old In China," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(2), pages 251-273.
- Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Liu, Guangya, 2007. "Characteristics of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest-old in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 871-883, February.
- A. Walter-Ginzburg & T. Blumstein & A. Chetrit & B. Modan, 2002. "Social Factors and Mortality in the Old-Old in Israel," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 57(5), pages 308-318.
- Boukje Maria van Gelder & Marja Tijhuis & Sandra Kalmijn & Simona Giampaoli & Aulikki Nissinen & Daan Kromhout, 2006. "Marital Status and Living Situation During a 5-Year Period Are Associated With a Subsequent 10-Year Cognitive Decline in Older Men: The FINE Study," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(4), pages 213-219.
- Lund, Rikke & Due, Pernille & Modvig, Jens & Holstein, Bjørn Evald & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Andersen, Per Kragh, 2002. "Cohabitation and marital status as predictors of mortality--an eight year follow-up study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 673-679, August.
- Zhenmei Zhang, 2006. "Gender Differentials in Cognitive Impairment and Decline of the Oldest Old in China," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(2), pages 107-115.
- Li, Lydia & Liang, Jersey & Toler, Amanda & Gu, Shengzu, 2005. "Widowhood and depressive symptoms among older Chinese: Do gender and source of support make a difference?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 637-647, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:3:371-377_7 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheng, Cheng, 2017. "Anticipated support from children and later-life health in the United States and China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 201-209.
- Kou, Lirong & Xu, Honggang & Hannam, Kevin, 2017. "Understanding seasonal mobilities, health and wellbeing to Sanya, China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 87-99.
- Maruyama, Shiko, 2015. "The effect of coresidence on parental health in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-22.
- Lingguo Cheng & Hong Liu & Ye Zhang & Zhong Zhao, 2018.
"The heterogeneous impact of pension income on elderly living arrangements: evidence from China’s new rural pension scheme,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 155-192, January.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China's New Rural Pension Scheme," IZA Discussion Papers 9116, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China’s New Rural Pension Scheme," GLO Discussion Paper Series 80, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Feinian Chen & Hui Liu & Kriti Vikram & Yu Guo, 2015. "For Better or Worse: The Health Implications of Marriage Separation Due to Migration in Rural China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(4), pages 1321-1343, August.
- Turner, Alex J. & Nikolova, Silviya & Sutton, Matt, 2016. "The effect of living alone on the costs and benefits of surgery amongst older people," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 95-103.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2014.
"Does Coresidence Improve An Elderly Parent'S Health?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 965-983, September.
- Meliyanni Johar & Shiko Maruyama, 2011. "Does Coresidence Improve an Elderly Parent’s Health?," Discussion Papers 2011-08, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Shiko Maruyama, 2012. "Inter Vivos Health Transfers: Final Days of Japanese Elderly Parents," Discussion Papers 2012-20, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Feng, Zhixin & Jones, Kelvyn & Wang, Wenfei Winnie, 2015. "An exploratory discrete-time multilevel analysis of the effect of social support on the survival of elderly people in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 181-189.
More about this item
KeywordsChina Oldest-old Living arrangements Mortality Gender;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:68:y:2009:i:2:p:220-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .