Social Science & Medicine
1991, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 333-342 The research imperative and bureaucratic control: The case of clinical research
by Hall, David
- 343-347 Duration and correlates of post-partum abstinence in four sites in Zaire
by Hassig, Susan E. & Bertrand, Jane T. & Djunghu, Balowa & Kinzoni, Minuku & Mangani, Nlandu
- 349-351 Sociocultural aspects of menstrual attitudes and premenstrual experiences in India
by Chaturvedi, Santosh K. & Chandra, Prabha S.
- 353-354 The beginning of the pain centres in France
by Hekster, G. B.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 117-126 The quest for wholeness: Health care strategies among the residents of council-built hostels in cape town
by Heap, Marion & Ramphele, Mamphela
- 127-140 Women and depression: A Durkheimian perspective
by Schwartz, Sharon
- 141-146 The Tromsø study: Predictors of self-evaluated health--Has society adopted the expanded health concept?
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Førde, Olav Helge
- 147-152 A comparison of hospice and conventional care
by Seale, Clive
- 153-157 The management of confidentiality in general medical practice: A comparative study in the U.S.A. and the Netherlands
by Lako, C.J. & Lindenthal, J.J.
- 159-165 Distribution and performance of rural health workers in Papua New Guinea
by Thomason, Jane A. & Kolehmainen-Aitken, Riitta-Liisa
- 167-174 Overconfidence among physicians and nurses: The 'micro-certainty, macro-uncertainty' phenomenon
by Baumann, Andrea O. & Deber, Raisa B. & Thompson, Gail G.
- 175-191 Traditional perceptions of marasmus in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S.
- 193-196 The understanding of common health terms by doctors, nurses and patients
by Hadlow, Jan & Pitts, Marian
- 197-201 Determinants of mental illness in a rural Ethiopian adult population
by Tafari, Solomon & Aboud, Frances E. & Larson, Charles P.
- 203-209 Attitudes of rural people in central Ethiopia toward epilepsy
by Tekle-Haimanot, Redda & Abebe, Mekonnen & Forsgren, Lars & Gebre-Mariam, Ayele & Heijbel, Jan & Holmgren, Gösta & Ekstedt, Jan
- 211-219 Analysing morbidity determination with flawed data: The case of dysentery in regional India
by Beenstock, Michael & Sturdy, Patricia
- 221-228 Adolescents' perceptions of risk for HIV infection: Implications for future research
by Strunin, Lee
- 229-232 Dental students' treatment of anxious patients
by O'Shea, Robert M. & Mendola, Pauline & Corah, Norman L.
- 237-237 Letter to the editor
by Philippe Rushton, J.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-10 Pioneer medical missions in colonial Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 11-14 Imperialism, colonialism and the new science of nutrition: The Tanganyika experience, 1925-1945
by Little, Marilyn
- 15-27 Sickness absence and work strain among Danish slaughterhouse workers: An analysis of absence from work regarded as coping behaviour
by Kristensen, Tage S.
- 29-34 Children who cross cultures
by Öry, FerkóG. & Simons, Marjanne & Verhulst, Frank C. & Leenders, Frans R. H. & Wolters, Willem H. G.
- 35-42 Patients' willingness to enter clinical trials: Measuring the association with perceived benefit and preference for decision participation
by Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A. & McGreal, M. J. & Thiel, E. C. & Fine, S. & Erlichman, C.
- 43-49 Health service resources as determinants of infant death in rural Bangladesh: An empirical study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 51-57 Library services for primary health care
by Weitzel, Rolf
- 59-64 Public knowledge of thalassemia in Greece and current concepts of the social status of the thalassemic patients
by Politis, Constantina & Richardson, Clive & Yfantopoulos, John G.
- 65-70 Multidisciplinary co-operation in primary care for asthmatic children
by Mesters, Ilse & Meertens, Ree & Mosterd, Neeltje
- 71-76 Experience and preparation of community nursing staff for work associated with HIV infection and AIDS
by Bond, Senga & Rhodes, Tim & Philips, Peter & Setters, Jo & Foy, Chris & Bond, John
- 77-81 Factors influencing professional home care utilization among the elderly
by Kempen, G. I. J. M. & Suurmeijer, TH. P. B. M.
- 83-87 Need satisfaction in terminal care settings
by Dawson, Norma Jean
- 89-94 Patient compliance--Whose responsibility?
by Ross, Fiona M.
- 95-102 Family relationships in two types of terminal care
by Birenbaum, Linda K. & Robinson, Michaelle Ann
- 103-106 Epidemiology and the new public health; Implications for training
by Bruce, N. G.
- 107-108 Comparative perspectives in biopsychosocial health. Report on a symposium
by Lolas, Fernando & Hentschel, Uwe & Hahn, Peter
- 109-110 Soviet medicine in the era of 'Perestroyka'--Some notes on the Siberian conference on human health as an indicator of social development
by Firkowska-Mankiewicz, Anna
1990, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1287-1293 Economic appraisal of new technology in the absence of survival data--The case of total hip replacement
by Daellenbach, H. G. & Gillespie, W. J. & Crosbie, P. & Daellenbach, U. S.
- 1295-1299 Cultural consultation for cancer: Astrocytoma in a Cambodian adolescent
by Eisenbruch, Maurice & Handelman, Lauren
- 1301-1311 The structure of a factory closure: Individual responses to job-loss and unemployment in a 10-year controlled follow-up study
by Westin, Steinar
- 1313-1319 Adverse effects of acculturation: Psychological distress among Mexican American young adults
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Marks, Gary
- 1321-1326 A test of the relationship between race, socioeconomic status, and psychological distress
by Cockerham, William C.
- 1327-1336 Practice guidelines and professional autonomy in a universal health insurance system: The case of tissue plasminogen activator in Ontario
by Naylor, C. David & Hollenberg, A. Andrew
- 1337-1345 Sensitivity to patient's psychosocial concerns: Relationships among ratings by primary care and traditional internal medicine house officers and patient self-assessments
by Mullan, Patricia B. & Stross, Jeoffrey K.
- 1347-1363 Producing health, consuming health care
by Evans, Robert G. & Stoddart, Gregory L.
- 1365-1375 Changes in breast-feeding in the Philippines, 1973-1983
by Guilkey, David K. & Popkin, Barry M. & Flieger, Wilhelm & Akin, John S.
- 1377-1385 Perceptions and behaviour among elderly hospital patients: Description and explanation of age differences in satisfaction, knowledge, emotions and behaviour
by Breemhaar, B. & Visser, A. Ph. & Kleijnen, J. G. V. M.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1191-1200 Apartheid, stress and illness: The demographic context of distress reported by South African Africans
by Turton, Raistrick William & Chalmers, Beverly E.
- 1201-1206 Valuation of health states by the general public: Feasibility of a standardized measurement procedure
by Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & Bonsel, Gouke J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 1207-1211 Cost and output of mobile clinics in a commercial farming area in Zimbabwe
by Vos, J. & Borgdorff, M. W. & Kachidza, E. G.
- 1213-1217 Winter-summer differences in the effects of emotion, posture and place of measurement on blood pressure
by James, Gary D. & Yee, Lily S. & Pickering, Thomas G.
- 1219-1227 Roots of increased health care inequality in New York
by Wallace, Deborah
- 1229-1232 Correlates of willingness to consider organ donation among blacks
by Creecy, Robert F. & Wright, Roosevelt
- 1233-1238 Changing water-use patterns in a water-poor area: Lessons for a trachoma intervention project
by McCauley, Ann P. & Lynch, Matthew & Pounds, Moses B. & West, Sheila
- 1239-1243 The evolution of antihypertensive therapy
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Wilson, Nicholas
- 1245-1249 Determinants of mothers' treatment of diarrhea in rural Ethiopia
by Olango, Petros & Aboud, Frances
- 1251-1256 Estimates of psychological distress among Vietnamese refugees: Adolescents, unaccompanied minors and young adults
by Kirk Felsman, J. & Leong, Frederick T. L. & Johnson, Mark C. & Crabtree Felsman, Irene
- 1257-1263 Drug makers and drug regulators: Too close for comfort. A study of the Canadian situation
by Lexchin, Joel
- 1265-1270 Childhood vaccination in a squatter area of Manila: Coverage and providers
by Auer, Christian & Tanner, Marcel
- 1271-1275 Smoking behaviour among pregnant women prior to antenatal care registration
by Cnattingius, Sven & Thorslund, Mats
- 1277-1280 Pharmaceutical service delivery by community pharmacies in areas of contrasting medical provision
by Mukerjee, D. & Blane, D. B.
- 1281-1283 Evaluating health related quality of life: An indifference curve interpretation for the time trade-off technique
by Mehrez, Abraham & Gafni, Amiram
1990, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1075-1084 State violence and health in Nigeria
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 1085-1092 Ambulatory medical care for the elderly in Switzerland
by Jeangros, Claudine & Hausser, Dominique & Martin, Jean
- 1093-1102 Within and without: Images of community and implications for South African psychology
by Butchart, Alex & Seedat, Mohamed
- 1103-1118 Regulation, retrenchment-- The DRG experience: Problems from changing reimbursemwnt practice
by Greer Gay, E. & Kronenfeld, Jennie J.
- 1119-1125 Injections: A fatal attraction?
by Reeler, Anne Vibeke
- 1127-1134 Low status control, high effort at work and ischemic heart disease: Prospective evidence from blue-collar men
by Siegrist, Johannes & Peter, Richard & Junge, Astrid & Cremer, Peter & Seidel, Dieter
- 1135-1141 Knowledge and attitude change as predictors of metabolic improvement in diabetes education
by Dunn, Stewart M. & Beeney, Linda J. & Hoskins, Penny L. & Turtle, John R.
- 1143-1158 Professional interface with mutual-aid self-help groups: A review
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1159-1168 Determinants of health-promoting lifestyle in ambulatory cancer patients
by Frank-Stromborg, Marilyn & Pender, Nola J. & Noble Walker, Susan & Sechrist, Karen R.
- 1169-1176 Social learning correlates of exercise self-efficacy: Early experiences with physical activity
by Hofstetter, C.R. & Hovell, M.F. & Sallis, J.F.
- 1177-1185 The psychological profile of women attending breast-screening tests
by Kreitler, Shulamith & Chaitchik, Samario & Kreitler, Hans
1990, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 951-962 International behavioral responses to a health hazard: AIDS
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 963-969 Self-perceived health among sports participants and non-sports participants
by Lamb, K. L. & Roberts, K. & Brodie, D. A.
- 971-978 Gender, employment and medication use
by Zadoroznyj, Maria & Svarstad, Bonnie L.
- 979-987 Oral rehydration therapy and social marketing in rural Kenya
by Kenya, P. R. & Gatiti, S. & Muthami, L. N. & Agwanda, R. & Mwenesi, H. A. & Katsivo, M. N. & Omondi-Odhiambo & Surrow, A. & Juma, R. & Ellison, R. H. & Cooper, G. & van Andel, F. G.
- 989-995 An orientation toward help-seeking for emotional problems
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Peters, L. & Foets, M.
- 997-1000 Do attitudes predict uptake of smoking in teenagers? Case not proven
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1000-1000 A reply to Jarvis, Goddard and McNeill by Charlton, Blair and Tranmer
by Charlton, A. & Blair, V. & Tranmer, M.
- 1001-1001 Reply to Dr Charlton et al
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1003-1011 Associations with life satisfaction among very elderly people living in a deprived part of inner London
by Bowling, Ann
- 1013-1022 Stress experienced by physicians and nurses in the cancer ward
by Ullrich, Andreas & FitzGerald, Peter
- 1023-1028 Condoms and cosmology: The 'fractal' person and sexual risk in Rwanda
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1029-1033 Health, attitudes and beliefs of working women
by Mubarak, K. & Shafqat, S. & Malik, U. & Pirzada, R. & Qureshi, A. F.
- 1035-1041 Patterns of psychosocial performance in the doctor-patient encounter: A study of family practice residents
by Shapiro, Johanna
- 1043-1050 Towards rational medicine use: Is there a role for children?
by Bush, Patricia J. & Hardon, Anita P.
- 1051-1056 Some health dimensions of self-efficacy: Analysis of theoretical specificity
by Hofstetter, C. R. & Sallis, J. F. & Hovell, M. F.
- 1057-1066 Expanding theoretical conceptualizations of self-help groups
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1067-1071 Cooperation in mental health: An Italian project in Nicaragua
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Briceno, Roberto Aguilar & Asioli, Fabrizio & Liberati, Alessandro & Tognoni, Gianni
1990, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 831-831 Preface
by Illsley, Raymond
- 833-836 Introduction
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsley, Raymond
- 837-846 The Bulgarian country profile: The dynamics of some inequalities in health
by Minev, Duchomir & Dermendjieva, Bogdana & Mileva, Natasha
- 847-857 The Hungarian country profile: Inequalities in health and health care in Hungary
by Orosz, Eva
- 859-866 The Polish country profile: Economic crisis and inequalities in health
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund
- 867-877 The Soviet country profile: Health of the U.S.S.R. population in the 70s and 80s--An approach to a comprehensive analysis
by Mezentseva, Elena & Rimachevskaya, Natalia
- 879-889 International comparative analysis: Main findings and conclusions
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsey, Raymond
- 891-905 Scientific racism: Reflections on peer review, science and ideology
by Leslie, Charles
- 905-909 Comments
by Rushton, J. Philippe
- 909-910 Comments
by Owen Lovejoy, C.
- 910-911 Comments
by Wilson, Glenn D.
- 911-912 Comments
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 912-912 Rejoinder
by Leslie, Charles
- 913-923 The holistic heresy: Strategies of ideological challenge in the medical profession
by Wolpe, Paul Root
- 925-931 The measurement of health-related quality of life: Major dimensions identified by factor analysis
by Jenkins, C. David & Jono, Robert T. & Stanton, Babette-Ann & Stroup-Benham, Christine A.
- 933-939 The near-death experience as status passage
by Kellehear, Allan
- 941-947 A comparative study of feelings, attitudes and behaviors of patients with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
by Gaston-Johansson, Fannie & Gustafsson, Marianne & Felldin, Ruth & Sanne, Harold
1990, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 711-718 Community health care and hospital attendance: A case study in rural Ghana
by Zwart, Sjoerd & Voorhoeve, Henk W. A.
- 719-727 Patient initiatives and physician-challenging behaviors: The views of Israeli health professionals
by Shye, Diana & Javetz, Rachel & Shuval, Judith T.
- 729-736 Modernization and catecholamine excretion of young Samoan adults
by Pearson, Jay D. & Hanna, Joel M. & Fitzgerald, Maureen H. & Baker, Paul T.
- 737-741 'Codes' and practice: Information in drug advertisements--An example from Sri Lanka
by Tomson, Göran & Weerasuriya, Kris
- 743-751 Preferences for health care involvement, perceived control and surgical recovery: A prospective study
by Mahler, Heike I. M. & Kulik, James A.
- 753-762 Health status and the housing system
by Smith, Susan J.
- 763-771 Caring for the elderly: The partnership issue
by Jutras, Sylvie
- 773-781 Spatial patterns of attendance at general practitioner services
by Hays, Susan M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Moran, Warren
- 783-789 Female autonomy and child nutritional status: The extended-family residential unit in Amman, Jordan
by Doan, Rebecca Miles & Bisharat, Leila
- 791-800 Knowledge regarding organ donation: Identifying and overcoming barriers to organ donation
by Horton, Raymond L. & Horton, Patricia J.
- 801-813 Urban desertification, public health and public order: 'Planned shrinkage', violent death, substance abuse and AIDS in the Bronx
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 815-822 Patterns of care for chronic patients after the Italian psychiatric reform. A longitudinal case register study
by Calabrese, Lori Viscogliosi & Micciolo, Rocco & Tansella, Michele
- 823-828 Evaluation of rational drug prescribing in democratic yemen
by Walker, Godfrey J. A. & Hogerzeil, Hans V. & Sallami, Ali O. & Alwan, Ala'din A. S. & Fernando, George & Kassem, Fahdl A.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 631-637 International migration of health manpower in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ojo, Kenneth Olayinka
- 639-648 Debt crisis, health and health services in Africa
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 649-659 Economic development strategies: Maternal and child health
by Uyanga, Joseph
- 661-665 Health services for the aged in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Oshomuvwe, J.O.
- 667-669 Malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Nevill, C.G.
- 671-680 Impact of HIV/AIDS on African children
by Preble, Elizabeth A.
- 681-690 Orphans as a window on the AIDS epidemic in sub-saharan Africa: Initial results and implications of a study in Uganda
by Hunter, Susan S.
- 691-698 Health implications of war in Uganda and Sudan
by Dodge, Cole P.
- 699-704 Substance abuse, health and social welfare in Africa: An analysis of the Nigerian experience
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 705-710 Psychology and health in Africa
by Ezeilo, Bernice N.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 527-536 Psychological distress and mortality: Evidence from the Alameda county study
by Roberts, Robert E. & Kaplan, George A. & Camacho, Terry C.
- 537-544 Sociodemographic and health factors in the well-being of homeless men in Sydney, Australia
by Darnton-Hill, Ian & Mandryk, John A. & Mock, Philip A. & Lewis, June & Kerr, Charles B.
- 545-550 Modeling heart disease mortality with census tract rates and social class mixtures
by Logue, Everett E. & Jarjoura, David
- 551-556 Sport participation and perceived health status: A study of adolescents
by Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Vilhjalmsson, Runar & Valgeirsson, Gunnar
- 557-563 Emergency department utilization by two subcultures in the same geographical region
by Carmel, Sara & Anson, Ofra & Levin, Mordechai
- 565-576 Primary care practitioners' likelihood to engage in a bio-psychosocial approach: An additional perspective on the doctor-patient relationship
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 577-584 The mortality of first and second generation Irish immigrants in the U.K
by Raftery, James & Jones, David R. & Rosato, Michael
- 585-591 Application of the verbal autopsy during a clinical trial
by Pacqué-Margolis, Sara & Pacqué, Michel & Dukuly, Zwannah & Boateng, John & Taylor, Hugh R.
- 593-601 Blood pressure studies among Amazonian native populations: A review from an epidemiological perspective
by Fleming-Moran, Millicent & Coimbra, Carlos E. A.
- 603-607 Community pharmacy: A method of assessing quality of care
by Smith, Felicity J. & Salkind, M. R. & Jolly, Brian C.
- 609-618 A pilot study for an HIV prevention programme among commercial sex workers in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
by Wilson, David & Sibanda, Babusi & Mboyi, Lilian & Msimanga, Sheila & Dube, Godwin
- 619-624 Tolerance for ambiguity among medical students: Implications for their selection, training and practice
by Geller, Gail & Faden, Ruth R. & Levine, David M.
- 625-626 Belief in the efficacy of alternative medicine among general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Knipschild, Paul & Kleijnen, Jos & Riet, Gerben ter
1990, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 421-432 Questioning the status quo: Sickness absence research so far claims more than it should!
by Reidy, Angela
- 433-444 Levels of health development: A new tool for comparative research and policy formulation
by Hunter, Susan S.
- 445-453 Characteristics of women having abortion in China
by Li, Virginia C. & Wong, Glenn C. & Qui, Shu-hua & Cao, Fu-ming & Li, Pu-quan & Sun, Jing-hua
- 455-460 Reported versus recorded health service utilization in Grenada, West Indies
by Hayes, Michael V. & Taylor, S. Martin & Bayne, Lillian R. & Poland, Blake D.
- 461-465 Length of unemployment and psychological distress: Longitudinal and cross-sectional data
by Winefield, Anthony H. & Tiggemann, Marika
- 467-476 Patterns of preference for information sources in the adoption of new drugs by specialists
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 477-484 The influence of social support on AIDS-related grief reaction among gay men
by Lennon, Mary Clare & Martin, John L. & Dean, Laura
- 485-490 Falls and subjective health rating among the elderly: Evidence from two Israeli samples
by Cwikel, Julie & Kaplan, Giora & Barell, Vita
- 491-500 An assessment of survey data on birthweight
by Moreno, Lorenzo & Goldman, Noreen
- 501-505 Psychology, mental health care and the future: Is appropriate transformation in post-apartheid South Africa possible?
by Vogelman, Lloyd
- 507-514 Urbanisation and health: Methodological difficulties in undertaking epidemiological research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek & Mathews, Catherine & Buch, Eric
- 515-523 The blood transfusion taboo of Jehovah's Witnesses: Origin, development and function of a controversial doctrine
by Singelenberg, Richard
1990, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 223-223 Foreword
by Asvall, Jo E.
- 225-227 Introduction
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 229-236 Comparative review of sources, methodology and knowledge
by Illsley, Raymond
- 237-248 Health and social inequities in Belgium
by Lagasse, Raphael & Humblet, Perrine C. & Lenaerts, Ann & Godin, Isabelle & Moens, Guido F.G.
- 249-256 Health and social inequities in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchgässler, K.-U.
- 257-265 Health and social inequities in Finland and elsewhere
by Lahelma, Eero & Valkonen, Tapani
- 267-274 Social inequalities in self-reported morbidity: Interpretation and comparison of data from Britain and France
by Aiach, Pierre & Curtis, Sarah
- 275-284 Interpreting inequalities in the Hungarian health system
by Csaszi, Lajos
- 285-290 Health and social inequities in Ireland
by Cook, Geoffrey
- 291-303 Health in Israel: Patterns of equality and inequality
by Shuval, Judith T.
- 305-312 Social differences in health and utilization of health services in Italy
by Piperno, Aldo & Di Orio, Ferdinando
- 313-318 Health and social inequities in Malta
by Agius, Francis
- 319-329 Health and social inequities in The Netherlands
by Spruit, Ingeborg P.
- 331-342 Health and social inequity in Norway
by Måseide, Per
- 343-350 Health inequalities in Poland
by Duch, Danuta & Sokooâwska, Magdalena
- 351-358 Health and social inequities in Spain
by Rodríguez, Josep A. & Lemkow, Louis
- 359-367 Health and social inequities in Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 369-386 Health and social inequities in Switzerland
by Lehmann, Philippe & Mamboury, Catherine & Minder, Christoph E.
- 387-392 Health and social inequalities in Turkey
by Dedeoglu, Necati
- 393-404 The measurement of inequities in health: Lessons from the British experience
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 405-412 Health and social inequities in Yugoslavia
by Mastilica, Miroslav
- 413-420 The economics of inequality in health: A bibliography
by Pereira, João
1990, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 101-114 Utilization of selected hospitals, health centres and health stations in Central, Southern and Western Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 115-128 Self-concept and cancer in adults: Theoretical and methodological issues
by Curbow, Barbara & Somerfield, Mark & Legro, Marcia & Sonnega, John
- 129-139 Geographical distribution of diabetes among the native population of Canada: A national survey
by Young, T.Kue & Szathmary, Emöke J.E. & Evers, Susan & Wheatley, Brian
- 141-152 Socio-economic mortality differences in the Netherlands in 1950-1984: A regional study of cause-specific mortality
by Kunst, A.E. & Looman, C.W.N. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 153-157 Responsiveness to physicians' requests for information concerning drug interactions: A comparison of brand and generic companies
by Thomas, Martin & Lexchin, Joel
- 159-164 The impact of family functioning on health changes in children with cystic fibrosis
by Patterson, Joan M. & McCubbin, Hamilton I. & Warwick, Warren J.
- 165-170 Epilepsy and well-being
by Collings, John A.
- 171-173 Childbirth and postpartum care: Biomedical constraints on lay practice: Introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 175-189 The role of obstetrical rituals in the resolution of cultural anomaly
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 191-201 A comparison of attitudes and practices of episiotomy among obstetrical practitioners in New Mexico
by Graham, Susan Brandt & Catanzarite, Valerian & Bernstein, Judith & Varela-Gittings, Frances
- 203-210 The making of a medical tradition: Vaginal birth after cesarean
by McClain, Carol Shepherd
- 211-221 The place of the clock in pediatric advice: Rationales, cultural themes, and impediments to breastfeeding
by Millard, Ann V.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-4 Introduction
by Falck, Hans S.
- 5-11 Social work and the management of severe head injury
by Carlton, Thomas Owen & Darlene Gillikin Stephenson, M.
- 13-17 Social work practice theory: A trans-cultural resource for health care
by Turner, Francis J.
- 19-26 Social work in health care: Directions in practice
by Berkman, Barbara & Bonander, Evelyn & Rutchick, Irene & Silverman, Phyllis & Kemler, Beth & Marcus, Leonard & Isaacson-Rubinger, Molly-Jane
- 27-34 Person/environment construct: Positivist versus naturalist, dilemma or opportunity for health social work research and practice?
by Rodwell, Mary K.
- 35-42 Between social and somatic disorders: The promotion of health as part of general social work practice
by Wendt, Wolf Rainer
- 43-50 The national health care system in the welfare state
by Oppl, Hubert & von Kardorff, Ernst
- 51-59 Pain, somatic focus, and emotional adjustment in children of chronic headache sufferers and controls
by Mikail, Samuel F. & von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 61-68 Cash cropping, subsistence agriculture, and nutritional status among mothers and children in lowland Papua New Guinea
by Shack, Kathryn W. & Grivetti, Louis E. & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 69-72 Are physicians' ratings of pain affected by patients' physical attractiveness?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Ross, Michael A. & Von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 73-79 Self- and other-awareness of the risk of HIV/AIDS in people with haemophilia and implications for behavioural change
by Markova, I. & Wilkie, P. A. & Naji, S. A. & Forbes, C. D.
- 81-90 Fear of cancer and knowledge of cancer: A review and proposed relevance to hazardous waste sites
by Berman, Steven H. & Wandersman, Abraham