Social Science & Medicine
1988, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 385-392 Social support and recovery after surgery for breast cancer: Frequency and correlates of supportive behaviours by family, friends and surgeon
by Neuling, Sandra J. & Winefield, Helen R.
- 393-397 Comparison of infants dying from the sudden infant death syndrome with matched live controls
by Bartholomew, Sheila & MacArthur, B. A.
- 399-403 Social relationships and psychological well-being in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Lamb, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 405-410 Advantages of breastfeeding according to Turkish mothers living in Istanbul and Stockholm
by Koctürk, Tahire
1988, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 197-206 The jungle and the aroma of meats: An ecological theme in Hindu medicine
by Zimmermann, Francis
- 217-221 Confrontation and politeness strategies in physician-patient interactions
by Robins, Lynne S. & Wolf, Fredric M.
- 223-229 The development of medical sociology in Finland
by Lahelma, Eero & Riska, Elianne
- 231-238 Climate, diffused solar radiation and multiple sclerosis
by Laborde, Joyce M. & Dando, William A. & Teetzen, Merle L.
- 239-247 Unemployment and psychiatric distress: Social resources and coping
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 249-254 Unintended pregnancies that lead to babies
by Cartwright, Ann
- 255-262 Predicting the effect of hospital closure on hospital utilization patterns
by McLafferty, Sara
- 263-267 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community--Patterns of individual use during 2 years
by Isacson, Dag & Carsjö, Kerstin & Haglund, Bengt & Smedby, Björn
- 269-275 A comparison of two survey measures of health status
by Leavey, Ralph & Wilkin, David
- 277-285 A psychosocial perspective in the explanation of patients' drug-taking behavior
by Ried, L.Douglas & Christensen, Dale B.
- 287-289 Self-medication among primary care patients in Farazdak clinic in Riyadh
by Abdelwahid Saeed, Abdalla
1988, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 119-127 Poverty and disease: Need for structural change
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 129-148 From vice to madness: The semantics of naturalistic and personalistic understandings in Trinidadian local medicine
by Littlewood, Roland
- 149-158 Marriage and the psychological consequences of a heart attack: A longitudinal study of adaptation to chronic illness after 3 years
by Waltz, Millard & Badura, Bernhard & Pfaff, Holgar & Schott, Thomas
- 159-166 Cancer care--A stress for health professionals
by Delvaux, Nicole & Razavi, Darius & Farvacques, Christine
- 167-172 Predictors of prenatal care utilization
by McDonald, Thomas P. & Coburn, Andrew F.
- 173-180 Journey patterns of the elderly and disabled in the cotswolds: A spatial analysis
by Gant, R. L. & Smith, J. A.
- 181-186 The single parent family and the child's mental health
by Moilanen, Irma & Rantakallio, Paula
- 187-190 Psychiatric disorders and selected variables among medical students in Belgrade (Yugoslavia)
by Eric, Ljubomir & Radovanovic, Zoran & Jevremovic, Ivana & Marinkovic, Jelena
1988, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Anthropological studies of diarrheal illness
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mull, J. Dennis
- 5-16 Cultural models of diarrheal illness: Conceptual framework and review
by Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 17-23 The implementation of a diarrheal disease control program in Honduras: Is it 'selective primary health care' or 'integrated primary health care'?
by Kendall, Carl
- 25-38 Mystification of a simple solution: Oral rehydration therapy in Northeast Brazil
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Rebhun, L. A.
- 39-52 From aralu to ORS: Sinhalese perceptions of digestion, diarrhea, and dehydration
by Nichter, Mark
- 53-67 Mothers' concepts of childhood diarrhea in rural Pakistan: What ORT program planners should know
by Mull, J. Dennis & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 69-73 Some preliminary considerations on the sobada: A traditional treatment for gastrointestinal illness in Costa Rica
by Simpson, Sharleen H.
- 75-85 The household management of childhood diarrhea in rural North India
by Bentley, Margaret E.
- 87-96 Adoption of oral rehydration therapy among Haitian mothers
by Coreil, Jeannine & Genece, Eddy
- 97-105 Anthropological involvement in the Central American diarrheal disease control project
by Scrimshaw, Susan C. M. & Hurtado, Elena
- 107-116 Rapid ethnographic assessment: Applications in a diarrhea management program
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H. & Straus, Walter L. & Schumann, Debra A. & Adegbola, Catherine & de la Pena, Emanuela & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H. & Huffman, Sandra L.
- 117-118 Anthropology and oral rehydration therapy
by Neumann, Alfred K.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 1175-1181 Traditional thought and modern western surgery
by Katz, Pearl & Kirkland, Faris R.
- 1183-1189 The role of commercial sources in the adoption of a new drug
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 1191-1196 Social science and medical education in Nigeria
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 1197-1197 Historical and cross-cultural perspectives on nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee
- 1199-1208 'Prisoners of their own feebleness': Women, nerves and western medicine--A historical overview
by Cayleff, Susan E.
- 1209-1221 Medical and popular traditions of nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee & Whitten, Richard G.
- 1223-1231 The social meanings of nervios: A case study of a central American woman
by Guarnaccia, Peter J. & Farias, Pablo
- 1233-1243 Conceptions of schizophrenia as a problem of nerves: A cross-cultural comparison of Mexican-Americans and Anglo-Americans
by Jenkins, Janis H.
- 1245-1259 'Nerves': Folk idiom for anxiety and depression?
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Camino, Linda A. & Walker, Frederic B.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1079-1085 The taxonomy of social support: An ethnographic analysis among adolescent mothers
by Boyce, W.Thomas & Kay, Margarita & Uitti, Chris
- 1087-1093 The role of organizations in community participation--Prevention of accidental injuries in a rural Swedish municipality
by Schelp, Lothar
- 1095-1101 The doctor-patient relationship during medical internship: The evolution of dissatisfaction
by Sparr, Landy F. & Gordon, Geoffrey H. & Hickam, David H. & Girard, Donald E.
- 1103-1107 Nurses autonomy and job satisfaction
by Carmel, Sara & Yakubovich, Ilana Shoham & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1109-1116 A game-theoretic approach to donor kidney sharing
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 1117-1124 Child morbidity in the Kingston metropolitan area, Jamaica 1983
by Bailey, Wilma
- 1125-1132 Warm bodies, cool milk: Conflicts in post partum food choice for Indochinese women in California
by Fishman, Claudia & Evans, Robin & Jenks, Eloise
- 1133-1139 Communities, self-causation and the natural lottery
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 1141-1158 Content of care by independent midwives: Assistance with pain in labor and birth
by Sakala, Carol
- 1159-1172 Mutumwa nchimi healers and wizardry beliefs in Zambia
by Dillon-Malone, Clive
- 1173-1174 Your neighbour's son: A film review with a commentary on psychosocial processes in the making of a torturer
by Allodi, F.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 979-988 The aids crisis: A United States health care perspective
by Shulman, Lawrence C. & Mantell, Joanne E.
- 989-996 Ethnicity, gender, and utilization of mental health services in a medicaid population
by Temkin-Greener, Helena & Clark, Kathryn T.
- 997-1006 Health in the early contact period: A contemporary example from Papua New Guinea
by Jenkins, Carol L.
- 1007-1017 Review of cancer among 4 religious sects: Evidence that life-styles are distinctive sets of risk factors
by Troyer, Henry
- 1019-1023 Sex differences in factors affecting the daily variation of blood pressure
by James, Gary D. & Yee, Lily S. & Harshfield, Gregory A. & Pickering, Thomas G.
- 1025-1033 Youth unemployment and ill health: Results from a 2-year follow-up study
by Hammarström, Anne & Janlert, Urban & Theorell, Töres
- 1035-1042 Audiology training in Nigeria--I: A training model
by Oyiborhoro, John M.A.
- 1043-1047 Audiology training in Nigeria--II: A cost-effective approach to training programs
by Oyiborhoro, John M.A.
- 1049-1060 Foreign medical graduates in New Zealand 1973-1979: A test of the 'exacerbation hypothesis'
by Barnett, J.Ross
- 1061-1072 Naturopathy in Canada: Changing relationships to medicine, chiropractic and the state
by Gort, Elaine H. & Coburn, David
- 1073-1077 Longhouse dwelling, social contact and the prevalence of leprosy and tuberculosis among native tribes of Sarawak
by Chen, Paul C.Y.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 879-889 Les interventions sanitaires sélectives: Un piège pour les politiques de santé du tiers monde
by Grodos, Daniel & Béthune, Xavier de
- 891-898 The evolution of selective primary health care
by Warren, Kenneth S.
- 899-902 Selectivity within primary health care
by Walsh, Julia A.
- 903-906 Selective primary health care: the counter revolution
by Newell, Kenneth W.
- 907-908 Is there a middle way? Categorical programs for PHC
by Mosley, W. Henry
- 909-917 Building the infrastructure for primary health care: An overview of vertical and integrated approaches
by Smith, Duane L. & Bryant, John H.
- 919-929 Priority setting and economic appraisal: Whose priorities--the community or the economist?
by Green, Andrew & Barker, Carol
- 931-940 Primary health care: on measuring participation
by Rifkin, Susan B. & Muller, Frits & Bichmann, Wolfgang
- 941-948 Growth monitoring--inappropriate promotion of an appropriate technology
by Nabarro, David & Chinnock, Paul
- 949-955 Comprehensive can be effective: The influence of coverage with a health centre network on the hospitalisation patterns in the rural area of Kasongo, Zaire
by Van Lerberghe, W. & Pangu, K.
- 957-962 Government health services versus community: Conflict or harmony
by Chabot, H. T. J. & Bremmers, J.
- 963-969 Gobi versus PHC? Some dangers of selective primary health care
by Wisner, Ben
- 971-977 The straw men of primary health care
by Taylor, Carl & Jolly, Richard
1988, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 775-784 Holistic health and the critique of western medicine
by McKee, Janet
- 785-792 The place of chiropractors in health care delivery: A case study of north Carolina
by Gesler, Wilbert M.
- 793-802 Pluralistic etiological systems in their social context: A Brazilian case study: In memory of James S. Coleman
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 803-827 Schistosomiasis in Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Tsong Lo, Chin & Birrie, Hailu & Ayele, Teklemariam & Tedla, Shibru & Tsegay, Fekade
- 829-838 Psychological distress, perceived health status, and physician utilization in America and west Germany
by Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Lueschen, Guenther
- 839-843 Childhood accidents, family size and birth order
by Bijur, Polly E. & Golding, Jean & Kurzon, Matthew
- 845-851 The distribution of health needs and services in south Africa
by Botha, J.L. & Bradshaw, D. & Gonin, R. & Yach, D.
- 853-861 Holistic physicians and family practitioners: Similarities, differences and implications for health policy
by Goldstein, Michael S. & Sutherland, Carol & Jaffe, Dennis T. & Wilson, Josie
- 863-873 Methodological issues in social support and social network research
by O'Reilly, Patrick
1988, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 677-683 Health and the social power of women
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 685-689 Choosing alternative medicine: A comparison of the beliefs of patients visiting a general practitioner and a homoeopath
by Furnham, Adrian & Smith, Chris
- 691-699 Doctors dispensing medications: Contemporary India and 19th century England
by Kapil, Iris
- 701-713 Maternal and sociodemographic correlates of child morbidity in Bas Zaire: The effects of maternal reporting
by Tsui, Amy Ong & DeClerque, Julia & Mangani, Nlandu
- 715-725 Information for decision makers at hospital laboratory level: An example of a graphical method of representing costs and effects for a replacement automated technology in a haematology laboratory
by Szczepura, A. K. & Stilwell, J. A.
- 727-735 Adolescent pregnancy in Africa: A programmatic focus
by Kulin, Howard E.
- 737-749 Structural characteristics of social networks and their relationship with social support in the elderly: Who provides support
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 751-760 Life-history correlates of environmental tobacco smoke: A study on nonsmoking Hong Kong Chinese wives with smoking versus nonsmoking husbands
by Koo, Linda C. & Ho, John H-C. & Rylander, Ragnar
- 761-768 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--III: Private practitioners on the public system
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Greiner, Ted
1988, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 557-582 The political economy of health care: Colonial Namibia 1915-1961
by Gottschalk, Keith
- 583-585 Offering patients a choice of surgery for early breast cancer: A reduction in anxiety and depression in patients and their husbands
by Morris, Jenny & Royle, G. T.
- 587-595 Models of mystery: Physician and patient perceptions of sudden infant death syndrome
by Wright, Anne L.
- 597-604 A study of costs and behavioral outcomes of menstrual regulation services in Bangladesh
by Kay, Bonnie J. & Kabir, Sandra M.
- 605-612 Maternal employment and child nutrition in Panama
by Tucker, Katherine & Sanjur, Diva
- 613-618 Values and vocational choice: A study of value differences in medical, nursing and psychology students
by Furnham, Adrian
- 619-623 Women in search of stability
by Bailey, Wilma & Wynter, Hugh & Lee, Amy
- 625-633 Cognitive appraisals in cancer patients
by Jenkins, Richard A. & Pargament, Kenneth I.
- 635-639 Breastfeeding and cognitive development in the first 2 years of life
by Morrow-Tlucak, Mary & Haude, Richard H. & Ernhart, Claire B.
- 641-649 Jakarta kampung morbidity variations: Some policy implications
by Lenz, Ralph
- 651-657 Ethno-ophthalmology in the Egyptian delta: An historical systems approach to ethnomedicine in the Middle East
by Inhorn Millar, Marcia & Lane, Sandra D.
- 659-671 Are subarctic Indians undergoing the epidemiologic transition
by Kue Young, T.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 485-489 Worksite health promotion: The social context
by Conrad, Peter
- 491-501 Corporate characteristics and worksite health promotion programs: Survey findings from fortune 500 companies
by Hollander, Roberta B. & Lengermann, Joseph J.
- 503-514 Formal intervention in employee health: Comparisons of the nature and structure of employee assistance programs and health promotion programs
by Roman, Paul M. & Blum, Terry C.
- 515-523 Changing health practices: The experience from a worksite health promotion project
by Kronenfeld, Jennie J. & Jackson, Kirby L. & Davis, Keith E. & Blair, Steven N.
- 525-535 Gender differences in worksite health promotion activities
by Spilman, M. A.
- 537-543 The effects of a worksite health promotion program on the wives of fire fighters
by Zimmerman, Rick S. & Gerace, Terence A. & Smith, John C. & Benezra, Julio
- 545-550 Health and fitness at work: A participants' perspective
by Conrad, Peter
- 551-558 Workplace wellness participation and the becoming of self
by Kotarba, Joseph A. & Bentley, Pamela
- 559-567 The ideological construction of risk: An analysis of corporate health promotion programs in the 1980s
by Alexander, Jacqui
- 569-575 Toward a sociology of worksite health promotion: A few reactions and reflections
by Walsh, Diana Chapman
1988, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 393-399 Physicians and chronic impairment: A study of ophthalmologists' interactions with visually impaired and blind patients
by Greenblatt, Susan L.
- 401-407 Religious values, practices and pregnancy outcomes: A comparison of the impact of sect and mainstream christian affiliation
by Najman, J. M. & Williams, G. M. & Keeping, J. D. & Morrison, J. & Anderson, M. J.
- 409-416 Pharmacies as alternative sources of medical care: The case of Cincinnati
by Selya, Roger Mark
- 417-424 The metaphorical nature of drugs and drug taking
by Montagne, Michael
- 425-434 Evaluating the impact of medical treatment on the quality of life: A 5-year update
by Hollandsworth, James G.
- 435-441 The economy of time in general practice: An assessment of the influence of list size
by Calnan, Michael & Butler, J. R.
- 443-450 Self-evaluations of factors promoting and disturbing sleep: An epidemiological survey in Finland
by Urponen, Helka & Vuori, Ilkka & Hasan, Joel & Partinen, Markku
- 451-462 Fluoride and flouridation
by Smith, Geoffrey E.
- 463-465 Do health beliefs predict health behaviour? A follow-up analysis of breast self-examination
by Calnan, Michael & Rutter, D. R.
- 467-475 Work dynamics in family care of hemophilic children
by Oremland, Evelyn K.
- 477-483 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community-- The importance of demographic and socioeconomic factors
by Isacson, Dag & Haglund, Bengt
1988, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 279-291 Stress research: Its present status and issues for future developments
by Vingerhoets, A. J. J. M. & Marcelissen, F. H. G.
- 293-302 Stress, salt and hypertension
by Henry, James P.
- 303-307 Aerobic fitness and the physiological stress response: A critical evaluation
by van Doornen, L. J. P. & de Geus, E. J. C. & Orlebeke, J. F.
- 309-317 The relationship between coping and emotion: Implications for theory and research
by Folkman, Susan & Lazarus, Richard S.
- 319-325 Life events, combat stress reaction and post-traumatic stress disorder
by Solomon, Zahava & Flum, Hanoch
- 327-332 Disclosure of traumas and psychosomatic processes
by Pennebaker, James W. & Susman, Joan R.
- 333-341 Chronic stress and sympathetic-adrenal medullary responsiveness
by McCarty, Richard & Horwatt, Karin & Konarska, Maria
- 343-350 Migraine and defense mechanisms: Psychophysiological relationships in young females
by Passchier, J. & Goudswaard, P. & Orlebeke, J. F. & Verhage, F.
- 351-358 Stress-coping in migraine
by Sorbi, Marjolijn & Tellegen, Bert
- 359-364 Changing health behaviour outcomes in asthmatic patients: A pilot intervention study
by Maes, S. & Schlösser, M.
- 365-373 Social support and occupational stress: A causal analysis
by Marcelissen, Frans H. G. & Winnubst, Jacques A. M. & Buunk, Bram & de Wolff, Charles J.
- 375-380 Investigating the frequency of nursing stressors: A comparison across wards
by Dewe, Philip J.
- 381-392 On the nature of social stress: Production of a modern mythology
by Pollock, Kristian
1988, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 201-208 Living arrangements and women's health
by Anson, Ofra
- 209-213 Intestinal helminthiases in relation to the socioeconomic environment of Panamanian children
by Holland, Celia V. & Taren, Douglas L. & Crompton, D. W. T. & Nesheim, M. C. & Sanjur, Diva & Barbeau, Irma & Tucker, Katharine & Tiffany, Jean & Rivera, Gloria
- 215-221 Transformations of maps to investigate clusters of disease
by Selvin, S. & Merrill, D. & Schulman, J. & Sacks, S. & Bedell, L. & Wong, L.
- 223-233 National health interview surveys for health care policy
by Kars-Marshall, Cri & Spronk-Boon, Yvonne W. & Pollemans, Marjan C.
- 235-242 Physical disability and social liminality: A study in the rituals of adversity
by Murphy, Robert F. & Scheer, Jessica & Murphy, Yolanda & Mack, Richard
- 243-251 Smoking and the female professions: Pre-occupational influences on the behaviour of recruits to nursing and teaching
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf
- 253-258 Mortality in children among the Aymara Indians of Southern Peru
by de Meer, Kees
- 259-264 Coffee drinking among Finnish youth
by Hemminki, Elina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Rimpelä, Arja & Rimpelä, Matti
- 265-268 Immunization coverage of children in a semi-urban village panchayat in Nepal, 1985
by Ahluwalia, Indu B. & Helgerson, Steven D. & Bia, Frank J.
- 269-276 Violent deaths among Mexican-, Puerto Rican- and Cuban-born migrants in the United States
by Shai, Donna & Rosenwaike, Ira
1988, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-1 Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
- 3-4 Introduction
by Greenberg, Michael
- 5-13 Time-space clustering of Vibrio cholerae 01 in Matlab, Bangladesh, 1970-1982
by Craig, Marian
- 15-24 Regional development and seasonality of communicable diseases in rural Andhra Pradesh, India
by Bhardwaj, Surinder M. & Rao, Madhusudana N.
- 25-36 What does distance matter? Leprosy control in West Nepal
by Pearson, Maggie
- 37-47 Privatising residential care for elderly people: The geography of developments in Devon, England
by Phillips, D.R. & Vincent, J.
- 49-54 Migration and morbidity: Implications for geographical studies of disease
by Bentham, Graham
- 55-70 Monitoring and predicting community mental health centre utilization in Auckland, New Zealand
by Hall, G.Brent
- 71-78 Obstetric care in the Netherlands: Regional differentiation in home delivery
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 79-89 The epidemiology of primary acute pancreatitis in greater Nottingham: 1969-1983
by Giggs, J.A. & Bourke, J.B. & Katschinski, B.
- 91-100 The comparison of health care systems through regional analysis: The case of hospital admissions in Belgium and The Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Van Der Zee, Jouke
- 101-110 Regional and welfare perspectives on the public-private hospital dichotomy in New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Flynn, Helen
- 111-117 DRG calculation and utilization patterns: A review of method and policy
by Scarpaci, Joseph L.
- 119-129 A geographic regression model for medical statistics
by Kennedy, Susan
- 131-140 Carrier models for the simulation of Hodgkin's disease: A review with some extensions
by Thomas, R.W.
- 141-151 Display of small-area variation in health-related data: A methodology using resistant statistics
by Breckenridge, Mary B. & Tallia, Alfred F. & Like, Robert C.
- 153-161 An hierarchical location-allocation model for primary health care delivery in a developing area
by Hodgson, M.J.
- 163-171 A hybrid fleet model for emergency medical service system design
by Bianchi, Geoffrey & Church, Richard L.
- 173-178 Health education and baseline data: Issues and strategies in nutrition campaigning
by Moon, Graham & Twigg, Liz
- 179-186 Linking the geographical, the medical and the political in analysing health care delivery systems
by Rosenberg, M.W.
- 187-199 Private property and public health reform in England 1830-1870
by Kearns, Gerry
1987, Volume 25, Issue 12
- 1259-1267 Social policy and professional self-interest: Physician responses to DRGS
by Notman, Mark & Howe, Kenneth R. & Rittenberg, William & Bridgham, Robert & Holmes, Margaret M. & Rovner, David R.
- 1269-1276 Surgical birth: Interpretations of cesarean delivery among private hospital patients and nursing staff
by Sargent, Carolyn & Stark, Nancy
- 1277-1287 A case study of the interaction between indigenous and Western medicine among the Pokot of Kenya
by Nyamwaya, David
- 1289-1299 Genital chlamydial infection: A role for social scientists
by Millar, Marcia Inhorn
- 1301-1306 The bureaucratic context of international health: A social scientist's view
by Justice, Judith
- 1307-1320 Historical review of the changing pattern of infant feeding in developing countries: The case of Malaysia, the Caribbean, Nigeria and Zaire
by King, Jean & Ashworth, Ann
- 1321-1327 Predicting low birthweight and complicated labor in urban black women: A biopsychosocial perspective
by Reeb, Kenneth G. & Graham, Antonnette V. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Kitson, Gay C.
- 1329-1329 Fluoridation
by Walker, Glen S. R.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 11
- 1183-1187 Health insurance coverage of the working poor
by Berk, Marc L. & Wilensky, Gail R.
- 1189-1196 Non-attendance at outpatient clinics at the regional hospital, Galway, Ireland
by Cawley, Mary E. & Stevens, Fiona M.
- 1197-1203 The assessment of patients' distress in Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinics
by Fitzpatrick, R. & Ikkos, G. & Frost, D. & Nazeer, S.
- 1205-1211 Utility of the health belief model in examining medication compliance among psychiatric outpatients
by Kelly, Gerard R. & Mamon, Joyce A. & Scott, Jack E.
- 1213-1218 Theoretical tensions in biopsychosocial medicine
by Armstrong, David
- 1219-1224 Adapting to the unemployed role: A longitudinal investigation
by Warr, Peter & Jackson, Paul
- 1225-1234 Uses of formal and informal knowledge in the comprehension of instructions for oral rehydration therapy in Kenya
by Eisemon, Thomas O. & Patel, Vimla L. & Sena, Sarone Ole
- 1235-1248 Dimensions of patient control in a free-standing birth center
by Annandale, Ellen C.
- 1249-1255 Family medicine and psychosocial knowledge: How many hats can the family doctor wear?
by Gropper, Michael
1987, Volume 25, Issue 10
- 1073-1081 Population mobility and disease transmission: The example of guinea worm
by Watts, Susan J.
- 1083-1094 Improving the geographical accessibility of health care in rural areas: A Nigerian case study
by Ayeni, Bola & Rushton, Gerard & McNulty, Michael L.
- 1095-1104 Psychological research and chronic low back pain: A stand-still or breakthrough?
by Schmidt, Anton J. M. & Arntz, Arnoud
- 1105-1110 The influence of traditional medicine in shaping medical care practices in Vietnam today
by Ladinsky, Judith L. & Volk, Nancy D. & Robinson, Margaret
- 1111-1120 The dilemma of osteopathic physicians and the rationalization of medical practice
by Eckberg, Douglas Lee
- 1121-1127 An ecological study of the relationship between risk indicators for social disintegration and use of a somatic emergency department
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 1129-1137 Patient-doctor communication on smoking and drinking: Lifestyle in medical consultations
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Aronsson, Karin
- 1139-1146 The pneumatic theory of female Warao herbalists
by Wilbert, Werner