Social Science & Medicine
1987, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 535-542 Changing ideas: The medicalization of menopause
by Bell, Susan E.
- 543-549 Moral and social aspects of aids: A medical students' project
by Elford, Jonathan
- 551-558 The magnitude of the maternal mortality problem in sub-Saharan Africa
by Boerma, Ties
1987, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 401-407 Geographical distribution of cerebrovascular disease mortality and food intakes in Japan
by Omura, Toshitaka & Hisamatsu, Shun'ichi & Takizawa, Yukio & Minowa, Masumi & Yanagawa, Hiroshi & Shigematsu, Itsuzo
- 409-416 Patients' noncompliance and how doctors manage this
by Heszen-Klemens, Irena
- 417-422 Community attitudes to mental illness in New Zealand twenty-two years on
by Green, Dianne E. & McCormick, Iain A. & Walkey, Frank H. & Taylor, Antony J. W.
- 423-429 The nationalisation of the Swedish pharmacies
by Lilja, John
- 431-437 Parental perceptions and attitudes toward asthma and its treatment: A controlled study
by Donnelly, J. E. & Donnelly, W. J. & Thong, Y. H.
- 439-443 Measles case fatality among the under-fives: A multivariate analysis of risk factors in a rural area of Bangladesh
by Bhuiya, Abbas & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & D'Souza, Stan & Nahar, Lutfun & Shaikh, Kashem
- 445-448 The secret bread tests: Selective primary health care or experimentation on human-beings?
by Kamien, Max
- 449-452 Maternal and child factors for reported child abuse among Chinese in Hong Kong
by Lau, Edith M. C. & Donnan, S. P. B.
- 453-462 Power and privileges in medical care: An analysis of medical services in post-colonial Nigeria
by Ogoh Alubo, S.
- 463-473 Correlates of stages in the progression from everyday drinking to problem drinking
by Knibbe, R. A. & Drop, M. J. & Muytjens, A.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 293-301 The ambiguity of symbols in the structure of healing
by Laderman, Carol
- 303-316 Gender and symptoms of depression and anxiety among Kikuyu secondary school students in Kenya
by Mitchell, Sharon & Abbott, Susan
- 317-325 Tai Dam health care practices: Asian refugee women in Iowa
by Bell, Sue E. & Whiteford, Michael B.
- 327-334 Patterns of rural hospital closure in the United States
by Mayer, Jonathan D. & Kohlenberg, Elizabeth R. & Sieferman, G. Eric & Rosenblatt, Roger A.
- 335-349 Applications of behavior modification to health promotion in the developing world
by Elder, John P.
- 351-357 Patient satisfaction with the clinical encounter: Social psychological determinants
by Like, Robert & Zyzanski, Stephen J.
- 359-370 A randomized control trial of cardiac rehabilitation
by Burgess, Ann W. & Lerner, Debra J. & D'Agostino, Ralph B. & Vokonas, Pantel S. & Hartman, Carol R. & Gaccione, Peter
- 371-377 The role of the chemist in primary health care for children with minor complaints
by Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Maclean, Una
- 379-382 Comparison of a dietary attitude index based on questionnaire data and a 7-day diet recall interview: A study among pregnant women
by Olsen, Jørn & Frische, Grethe
- 383-394 Coping with intestinal illness among the Kamba in Machakos, Kenya, and aspects of schistosomiasis control
by Kloos, Helmut & Ouma, John H. & Kariuki, H. Curtis & Butterworth, Anthony E.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 187-196 Treatment-seeking for depression by black and white Americans
by Sussman, Linda K. & Robins, Lee N. & Earls, Felton
- 197-208 Public health in pre-colonial east-central Africa
by Waite, Gloria
- 209-217 'The stumbling disease': A case study of stigma among Azorean-Portuguese
by Boutté, Marie I.
- 219-223 Modeling the outcomes of nursing home care
by Rohrer, James E. & Hogan, Andrew J.
- 225-246 Canine heartworm disease: A review and pilot study
by Haddock, Kenneth C.
- 247-253 Health care policy and regional epidemiology: International comparisons and a case-study from the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, J.P.
- 255-262 Breastfeeding: Its relatioship with postpartum amenorrhea and postpartum sexual abstinence in a Nigerian community
by Oni, Gbolahan A.
- 263-274 Rural health care: A British success or a tale of unmet need?
by Fearn, Richard
- 275-283 An educational intervention for altering water-sanitation behaviours to reduce childhood diarrhoea in urban Bangladesh: formulation, preparation and delivery of educational intervention
by Stanton, Bonita F. & Clemens, John D. & Khair, Tajkera & Khatun, Khodeza & Jahan, Dilwara Akhter
- 285-288 Do health professionals agree on the parenting potential of pregnant women?
by Sommerfeld, D.P. & Hughes, J.R.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 97-100 Public awareness of AIDS in Rwanda
by Feldman, Douglas A. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 101-107 Arab-American patients: A medical record review
by Lipson, Juliene G. & Reizian, Alice E. & Meleis, Afaf I.
- 109-115 Meningitis and unpaved roads
by Williams, Robert
- 117-124 Mortality after bereavement: A review of the literature on survival periods and factors affecting survival
by Bowling, Ann
- 125-134 Development of a measure of potential health behaviour: A salience of lifestyle index
by Pill, Roisin & Stott, Nigel C. H.
- 135-143 Informed consent: The physicians' perspective
by Taylor, Kathryn M. & Kelner, Merrijoy
- 145-157 Relationship of chronic stress, social support, and coping style to health among Namibian refugees
by Shisana, Olive & Celentano, David D.
- 159-168 The family's adaptation to childhood leukemia
by Fife, Betsy & Norton, James & Groom, Gary
- 169-175 Evaluation of holistic medicine
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 177-181 The best of both worlds: Bringing traditional medicine up to date
by Akerele, Olayiwola
1987, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-11 Health and the holy in African and Afro-American spirit possession
by Csordas, Thomas J.
- 13-21 Models of stress and meanings of unemployment: Reactions to job loss among technical professionals
by Jacobson, David
- 23-36 Defective modernization and health in Mexico
by Simonelli, Jeanne M.
- 37-41 High levels of childhood rickets in rural North Yemen
by Underwood, Peter & Margetts, Barrie
- 43-46 The treatment of musculoskeletal disorders by a Mexican bonesetter (SOBADOR)
by Anderson, Robert
- 47-50 Ethnicity and pain: A biocultural model
by Bates, Maryann S.
- 51-56 Sudden infant deaths and clear weather in a subtropical environment
by Auliciems, A. & Barnes, A.
- 57-69 Interdisciplinary approaches in epidemic studies--II: Four geographic models of the flow of contagious disease
by Angulo, Juan J.
- 71-82 The impact of late adolescent substance use on young adult health status and utilization of health services: A structural- equation model over four years
by Newcomb, Michael D. & Bentler, P.M.
- 83-94 The measurement of social support in population surveys
by Orth-Gomér, Kristina & Undén, Anna-Lena
1986, Volume 23, Issue 12
- 1205-1215 Geriatric care and distributive justice: Problems and prospects
by Gill, Derek G. & Ingman, Stanley R.
- 1217-1227 Anticipating the needs of the U.S. aged in the 21st century: Dilemmas in epidemiology, gerontology, and public policy
by Lusky, Richard A.
- 1229-1236 The social creation of dependence, dependency ratios, and the elderly in the United States: A critical analysis
by Calasanti, Toni M. & Bonanno, Alessandro
- 1237-1250 Reforming medicare: The limited framework of political discourse on equity and economy
by Walker, Georgia K.
- 1251-1260 Policy intellectuals, class struggle and the construction of old age: The creation of the Social Security Act of 1935
by Brents, Barbara G.
- 1261-1266 The non-profit sector and community-based care for the elderly in the U.S.: A disappearing resource?
by Estes, Carroll L. & Wood, Juanita B.
- 1267-1277 Analysing access to nursing home care
by Howe, Anna L. & Phillips, Colleen & Preston, George A. N.
- 1279-1286 Distributive justice and the treatment of acute illness in nursing homes
by Kayser-Jones, Jeanie Schmit
- 1287-1295 Social policy and everyday life in nursing homes: A critical ethnography
by Diamond, Timothy
- 1297-1303 Improving care in nursing homes using community advocacy
by Williams, Constance
- 1305-1317 Social insurance and the delivery of social services in France
by Wallimann, Isidor
- 1319-1326 State, society and old-age policy in France: From 1945 to the current crisis
by Guillemard, Anne-Marie
- 1327-1332 Medical care and social support for the elderly in Switzerland: Imbalance and mix
by Morabia, Alfredo & Takla, Hilke & Loew, Francois
- 1333-1345 The development of health and social services for the elderly in Iceland: An overview
by Wieland, G. Darryl & Pálsdóttir, Dögg
- 1347-1352 Health care of the aged in Korea
by Koo, Jasoon & Cowgill, Donald O.
- 1353-1362 Population aging in the People's Republic of China
by Liang, Jersey & Jow-Ching Tu, Edward & Chen, Xiangming
- 1363-1369 Emerging trends in gerontology and geriatrics: Implications for the self-care of the elderly
by Hickey, Tom & Dean, Kathryn & Holstein, Bjorn E.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 11
- 1121-1129 'La bonne mère:' Pratiques rurales et urbaines de la rougeole chez les femmes haalpulaaren du Sénégal
by Fassin, Didier
- 1131-1138 Coinsurance effects on dental prices
by Grembowski, David & Conrad, Douglas A.
- 1139-1145 Concern about cancer in women undergoing elective gynaecological surgery
by Steptoe, Andrew & Horti, Jane & Stanton, Stuart
- 1147-1150 Vietnamese refugee children in camps in Hong Kong
by Tsoi, Mona M. & Yu, Gabriel K. K. & Lieh-Mak, Felice
- 1151-1156 Attitudes of breast-feeding mothers: A survey of 649 mothers
by Jones, Dee A.
- 1157-1161 An examination of the relationships among interpersonal stress, morale and academic performance in male and female medical students
by Spiegel, David A. & Smolen, Robert C. & Jonas, Cindy K.
- 1163-1169 Social life factors affecting the mortality of total Japanese population
by Araki, Shunichi & Murata, Katsuyuki
- 1171-1179 Employment and ill-health among women in Israel
by Lewin-Epstein, Noah
- 1181-1185 Occupational hazards and heart attacks
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 1187-1200 New clinical roles for pharmacists: A study of role expansion
by Adamcik, Barbara A. & Ransford, H. Edward & Oppenheimer, Phillip R. & Brown, Janice F. & Eagan, Pamela A. & Weissman, Fred G.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 10
- 911-911 Foreword
by Good, Charles M.
- 913-918 Introduction
by Giggs, John A.
- 919-928 Disaggregating regional variations in mortality by cause of death: A case study of the Republic of Ireland
by Pringle, D.G.
- 929-934 Disease competition as a factor in ecological studies of mortality: The case of urban centers
by Greenberg, Michael R.
- 935-943 Analysing geographic variations in mortality using poisson regression: The example of ischaemic heart disease in England and Wales 1969-1973
by Lovett, A.A. & Bentham, C.G. & Flowerdew, R.
- 945-961 Mental disorders and ecological structure in Nottingham
by Giggs, John A.
- 963-973 The uses of spatial analysis in medical geography: A review
by Gesler, Wil
- 975-982 The comparative study of patterns of Guinea worm prevalence as a guide to control strategies
by Watts, Susan J.
- 983-993 Disease and development: Coguatera fish poisoning
by Lewis, Nancy D.
- 995-1002 Modelling the incidence of childhood diarrhea
by Taylor, S.Martin & Frank, John & White, Norman F. & Myers, Joyce
- 1003-1010 Medical pluralism and infant mortality in a rural area of Bangladesh
by Bhardwaj, Surinder M. & Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 1011-1015 Planned out-of-hospital births, New Jersey, 1978-1980
by Schneider, Dona
- 1017-1020 Bovine leukosis: An example of poor disease monitoring of international livestock shipments to developing countries
by Odend'hal, Stewart
- 1021-1026 Proximity to hospital and mortality from motor vehicle traffic accidents
by Bentham, Graham
- 1027-1032 Immunization against whooping cough in Salford: A spatial analysis
by Gatrell, Anthony C.
- 1033-1050 Rings of madness: Service areas of 19th century asylums in North America
by Hunter, John M. & Shannon, Gary W. & Sambrook, Stephanie L.
- 1051-1057 Separating doctors' homes and doctors' offices: San Francisco, 1881-1941
by Shumsky, Neil Larry & Bohland, James & Knox, Paul
- 1059-1065 International perspectives on the health care crisis in the United States
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 1067-1078 Equity in the distribution of health and welfare services: Can we rely on the state to reverse the 'inverse care law?'
by Smith, Christopher J.
- 1079-1086 The geographical restructuring of urban hospitals: Spatial dimensions of corporate strategy
by McLafferty, Sara
- 1087-1092 Who cares what care?: An inverse interest law?
by Eyles, John & Woods, Kevin
- 1093-1103 Territorial justice and primary health care: An example from London
by Powell, Martin A.
- 1105-1117 Primary health care in the Philippines: Banking on the barangays?
by Phillips, David R.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 9
- 841-845 The performing patient in ritual healing
by Joralemon, Donald
- 847-850 Cost savings from alternative treatments for tuberculosis
by Barnum, Howard N.
- 851-860 Physician-induced demand by Irish GPs
by Tussing, A. Dale & Wojtowycz, Martha A.
- 861-868 Preventive dentistry in a health centre: Effectiveness and cost
by Donaldson, C. & Forbes, J. F. & Smalls, M. & Boddy, F. A. & Stephen, K. W. & McCall, D.
- 869-874 An example of cross-cultural measurement of psychological symptoms in post-partum mothers
by Watson, Elizabeth & Evans, Stephen J. W.
- 875-888 Health care in a declining economy: The case of Zambia
by Freund, Paul J.
- 889-897 'New age' healing in the U.S
by Levin, Jeffrey S. & Coreil, Jeannine
- 899-904 Improving functional status in arthritis: The effect of social support
by Weinberger, Morris & Hiner, Sharon L. & Tierney, William M.
- 905-910 Limited impact of the breast self-examination movement: A Latin American illustration
by Sheley, Joseph F. & Lessan, Gloria T.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 8
- 747-755 The context of menopause: Psychotropic drug use and menopausal status
by Kaufert, Patricia A. & Gilbert, Penny
- 757-761 Medical researchers and clinicians as seekers of information: The Nigeria case study
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 763-771 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system: The case of district general practitioners
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 773-780 Factors related to the use of ambulatory mental health services in three providers plans
by Diehr, Paula & Price, Kurt & Williams, Stephen J. & Matin, Diane P.
- 781-781 Foreword
by Smith, H. L.
- 783-787 Divided loyalties and ambiguous relationships
by Toulmin, Stephen
- 789-796 Divided loyalties in medicine: The ambivalence of occupational medical practice
by Walsh, Diana Chapman
- 797-802 Divided loyalties in adolescent psychiatry: Late adolescence
by Arnstein, Robert L.
- 803-815 Ethical issues regarding mixed agency of military physicians
by Howe, Edmund G.
- 817-826 Divided loyalties: A physician's responsibilities in an information age
by Gellman, Robert M.
- 827-832 Divided loyalties for physicians: Social context and moral problems
by Murray, Thomas H.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 7
- 641-650 Illness experience in a chronic disease--ALS
by Cobb, Ann Kuckelman & Hamera, Edna
- 651-664 Infant feeding in Mali, West Africa: Variations in belief and practice
by Dettwyler, Katherine A.
- 665-671 An alternate level of care, the prospective payment system and the challenge of extended care
by Tellis-Nayak, V. & Tellis-Nayak, M.
- 673-682 An integrated sociocultural curriculum for community medicine in Bali, Indonesia
by Connor, Linda H. & Higginbotham, Nick
- 683-686 The changing pattern of post-partum sexual abstinence in a Nigerian rural community
by Isenalumhe, Anthony Eko & Oviawe, Osawaru
- 687-688 Bhye Bhaddi: A food and health concept of Punjabi Asians
by Bhopal, Rajinder Singh
- 689-700 'Disease and development' or 'the underdevelopment of health': A critical review of geographical perspectives on African health problems
by Stock, Robert
- 701-708 Attitudes of Nigerian physicians toward a national health service
by Umeh, Joseph C. & Freeman, Robert A. & Garner, Dowey D. & Blevins, David E.
- 709-716 Childhood relationships, adult coping resources and depression
by Richman, Judith A. & Flaherty, Joseph A.
- 717-719 Patterns of drug use among adolescents: The past decade
by Smart, Reginald G. & Adlaf, Edward M.
- 721-735 Financial, organizational and professional factors affecting health care utilization
by Dutton, Diana
- 737-744 Socio-demographic variation in perceived illness and the use of primary care: The value of community survey data for primary care service planning
by Bucquet, Denis & Curtis, Sarah
1986, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 539-548 Personal preferences and ethnic variations among anglo and hispanic breast and bottle feeders
by Weller, Susan C. & Dungy, Claibourne I.
- 549-554 Influence of weather on osteoarthritics
by Laborde, Joyce M. & Dando, William A. & Powers, Marjorie J.
- 555-558 A method of rapid assessment of the distribution and endemicity of dracunculiasis in Nigeria
by Edungbola, Luke D. & Watts, Susan J. & Kale, Oladele O. & Smith, Gordon S. & Hopkins, Donald R.
- 559-566 Why health improves: Defining the issues concerning 'comprehensive primary health care' and 'selective primary health care'
by Rifkin, Susan B. & Walt, Gill
- 567-575 Psychological aspects of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: A review
by Skevington, Suzanne M.
- 577-585 Bearing illness: Study of couples where the husband awaits coronary graft surgery
by Radley, Alan & Green, Ruth
- 587-594 Attitudes to the medical specialities: Comparing pre-clinical students' perceptions of nine specialities
by Furnham, Adrian
- 595-604 Variations in the diagnosis of psychosocial disorders: A general practice observation study
by Verhaak, Peter F. M.
- 605-609 Social factors and the gender difference in mortality
by Koskenvuo, Markku & Kaprio, Jaakko & Lönnqvist, Jouko & Sarna, Seppo
- 611-620 Utilization of health services in Indonesia
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Meesook, Oey Astra
- 621-627 Smoking as an anticipatory rite of passage: some sociological hypotheses on health-related behaviour
by Robb, J. H.
- 629-633 Homes for the elderly in Liguria
by Spagnoli, A. & Avanzini, F. & Foresti, G. & Pirone, F. & Tognoni, G.
- 635-635 On certainty and uncertainty
by Underwood, Peter
1986, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 439-444 Contrasting patterns of blood pressure and related factors within a Maori and European population in New Zealand
by Wood, Corinne Shear & Gans, Lydia P.
- 445-453 Patterns of variation in breast-feeding behaviors
by Quandt, Sara A.
- 455-459 The cultural impact of the 'AIDS' test: The American experience
by McCombie, S. C.
- 461-468 Principles and the search for moral certainty
by Churchill, Larry R. & Simán, JoséJorge
- 469-470 The role of occupational health units in hospital: An assessment by employees
by Mayberry, John F. & Foulis, Wendy & Street, Connie M.
- 471-475 Diabetes, depression and employment status
by Friis, Robert & Nanjundappa, G.
- 477-483 Culture and disease
by Appels, A.
- 485-491 Malnutrition and basic needs surveys in Thailand
by Savasdisara, Tongchai & Tips, Walter E. J. & Fordeyn, Dirk & Chaiwut, Rachadaporn
- 493-499 An exploratory study of poor adjustment styles among retirees
by Braithwaite, V. A. & Gibson, D. M. & Bosly-Craft, Richard
- 501-509 Cultural values and biomedical knowledge: Choices in infant feeding : Analysis of a survey
by Gabriel, Ayala & Gabriel, K. Ruben & Lawrence, Ruth A.
- 511-517 Class and health: Comparing Britain and Sweden
by Lundberg, Olle
- 519-525 Role ambiguity in general practice: The care of patients dying at home
by Still, A. W. & Todd, C. J.
- 527-530 Interests and specialty choice in medicine
by Meir, Elchanan I. & Engel, Kathy
- 531-535 Aging in a 'healthy' population
by McKinlay, Sonja M. & McKinlay, John B.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 347-355 The primary health center as a social system: PHC, social status, and the issue of team-work in South Asia
by Nichter, Mark A.
- 357-366 Diarrhea and the social marketing of oral rehydration salts in Bangladesh
by Green, Edward C.
- 367-377 Herbalism and divination in Southern Malawi
by Morris, Brian
- 379-386 Traditional concepts of mental disorder among Indian psychiatric patients: Preliminary report of work in progress
by Weiss, Mitchell G. & Sharma, S. D. & Gaur, R. K. & Sharma, J. S. & Desai, A. & Doongaji, D. R.
- 387-391 Confidentiality expectations of patients in teaching hospital clinics versus private practice offices
by Weiss, Barry D. & Senf, Janet H. & Carter, John Z. & Rothe, Thomas C.
- 393-415 The patterning of health by social position in contemporary Britain: Directions for sociological research
by Macintyre, Sally
- 417-422 Further observations on social factors associated with duodenal ulcer in Soweto
by Segal, Isidor & Unterhalter, Beryl & Rosenbush, Heidi
- 423-427 Reassurance reconsidered
by Buchsbaum, David G.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 231-240 Cost effectiveness of potential immunization interventions against diarrhoeal disease
by Creese, Andrew L.
- 241-247 Geographical patterns of cancer mortality in China
by Lam, Nina Sui-Ngan
- 249-257 Aedes aegypti mosquitoes in the Americas: A review of their interactions with the human population
by Slosek, Jean
- 259-267 Physician utilization of computers in medical practice: Policy implications based on a structural model
by Anderson, James G. & Jay, Stephen J. & Schweer, Harlan M. & Anderson, Marilyn M.
- 269-275 A population-based survey of loss and psychological distress during war
by Hourani, Laurel Lockwood & Armenian, Haroutine & Zurayk, Huda & Afifi, Larry
- 277-281 Psychiatric research instruments in the transcultural setting: Experiences in India and Brazil
by Sen, Biswajit & Mari, Jair de Jesus
- 283-291 The changing structure of Dutch mental health care
by Breemer Ter Stege, C. P. C. & van Heugten, P.
- 293-295 Privacy protection and population-based health research
by Lako, C. J.
- 297-303 Causes of infant and early childhood deaths in Sierra Leone
by Kandeh, Borbor Sama
- 305-312 Marital status, delay in seeking treatment and survival from breast cancer
by Neale, Anne Victoria & Tilley, Barbara C. & Vernon, Sally W.
- 313-322 Marital status of persons with spinal cord injury
by Brown, Julia S. & Giesy, Barbara
- 323-332 'Reprofessionalization' or 'occupational imperialism'?: Some reflections on pharmacy in Britain
by Holloway, S. W. F. & Jewson, N. D. & Mason, D. J.
- 333-336 Traditional child spacing practices of women: Experiences from a primary care project in Lagos, Nigeria
by Olukoya, A. A.
- 337-344 Assessment of a short scale to measure social support
by Funch, Donna P. & Marshall, James R. & Gebhardt, Garren P.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 95-98 Toward a critical medical anthropology
by Baer, Hans A. & Singer, Merrill & Johnsen, John H.
- 99-112 Plea for acceptance: School refusal syndrome in Japan
by Lock, Margaret
- 113-130 Toward a political-economy of alcoholism: The missing link in the anthropology of drinking
by Singer, Merrill
- 131-138 Polychlorinated biphenyls in the electrical machinery industry: An ethnological study of community action and corporate responsibility
by Nash, June & Kirsch, Max
- 139-148 Curative medicine, preventive medicine and health status: The influence of politics on health status in a rural Mexican village
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 149-157 Planning for primary health care in Nicaragua: A study in revolutionary process
by Donahue, John M.
- 159-178 Breaking the circuit of social control: Lessons in public psychiatry from Italy and Franco Basaglia
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy & Lovell, Anne M.
- 179-189 Family therapy workshops in the United States: Potential abuses in the production of therapy in an advanced capitalist society
by McLean, Athena
- 191-199 Community health and reform in Hong Kong
by McDermott, Kathleen
- 201-210 The dynamics of cooptation in a feminist health clinic
by Morgen, Sandra
- 211-222 Rewriting the SES: Demographic patterns and divorcing families
by Schneider, Jo Anne
1986, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-7 Creativity in illness: Methodological linkages to the logic and language of science in folk pursuit of health in central Italy
by Romanucci-Ross, Lola
- 9-16 Home away from home: The alternative birth center
by Klee, Linnea
- 17-29 Women's health in a marginal area of Kenya
by Ferguson, Alan
- 31-34 Interviewing skills training--A study
by Weihs, Karen & Chapados, James T.
- 35-41 Encouraging the development of integrated health centres: A critical analysis of lower referral rates
by Wijkel, Dirk