Social Science & Medicine
1989, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 913-922 The epidemiological transition in an overseas territory: Disease mapping in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 923-926 Geology, trace elements and health
by Warren, Harry V.
- 927-932 Health problems in rural communities, Zimbabwe
by Mutambirwa, Jane
- 933-938 An assessment of a rural health programme on child and maternal care: The Ogbomoso Community Health Care Programme (CHCP), Oyo State, Nigeria
by Iyun, Folasade
- 939-942 Geriatric assessment--An Australian idea
by Munro-Ashman, J.
- 943-951 Relations between health levels, services and demand in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 953-958 The Hobart typhoid epidemic of 1887-88
by Kellaway, R.G.
- 959-964 Air pollution and respiratory diseases in children in São Paulo, Brazil
by Sobral, Helena Ribeiro
- 965-974 The other face of development: Native population, health status and indicators of malnutrition--The case of the Cree and Inuit of Northern Quebec
by Thouez, J.P. & Rannou, A. & Foggin, P.
- 975-982 Management of pneumonia in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, Wade C. & Harris, Shelley A.
- 983-990 Lymphatic filariasis in Madras, India
by Hyma, B. & Ramesh, A. & Gunesekaran, K.
- 991-997 Acute diarrhoeal disease in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, S.A. & Edmundson, Wade C.
- 999-1001 Brucellosis in Saudi Arabia
by Kiel, Frank W. & Yousuf Khan, M.
- 1003-1008 The geographical distribution of motorcycle accidents in Tasmania, 1983-1986
by Anutha, K. & Chladil, M.A.
- 1009-1013 Asbestos hazards in the city of Rome, Italy
by Del Piano, M. & Palagiano, C. & Rimatori, V.
- 1015-1026 Sudden infant deaths in Tasmania, 1980-1986: A seven year prospective study
by McGlashan, Neil D.
- 1027-1033 The diffusion of cardiovascular disease in the Norwegian farming community: A comnination of morbidity and mortality data
by Aase, Asbjørn & Almås, Reidar
- 1035-1042 Stroke mortality in Miyagi, Japan
by Sato, Tokiko
1989, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 791-792 The concept of disease: Its evolution in medical students
by Stefan, M. D. & McManus, I. C.
- 793-798 Love, self-esteem, and multiple sclerosis
by Walsh, Anthony & Walsh, Patricia Ann
- 799-811 Culture and 'compliance' among leprosy patients in Pakistan
by Mull, J. Dennis & Wood, Corinne Shear & Gans, Lydia P. & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 813-818 Predicting the onset of smoking in boys and girls
by Charlton, Anne & Blair, Valerie
- 819-833 Pesticides et cancers en milieu rural agricole au Quebec: Interpretation geographique
by Godon, Daniel & Lajoie, Pierre & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Nadeau, Daniel
- 835-844 Exploring the determinants of periodontal treatment costs: A special focus on cigarette smoking
by Sintonen, Harri & Tuominen, Risto
- 845-852 Changing health beliefs and behaviors of resettled Laotian refugees: Ethnic variation in adaptation
by Brainard, Jean & Zaharlick, Amy
- 853-857 Prescription drug advertising trends: A study of oral hypoglycemics
by Mehta, Kumar K. & Sorofman, Bernard A. & Rowland, Clayton R.
- 859-868 Breast feeding and bottle feeding controversies in the developing world: Evidence from a study in four countries
by Winikoff, Beverly & Laukaran, Virginia H.
- 869-876 Sex differentials in cardiovascular mortality: An ecological analysis
by Park, Kyung Ae & Clifford, William B.
- 877-883 Assessing Arab-American health care needs
by Laffrey, Shirley C. & Meleis, Afaf I. & Lipson, Juliene G. & Solomon, Margot & Omidian, Patricia A.
- 885-889 Differential mortality by ethnicity: Foreign-born Irish, Italians and Jews in New York city, 1979-81
by Rosenwaike, Ira & Hempstead, Katherine
- 891-894 Cigarette smoking among medical students in Belgrade related to parental smoking habits
by Vlajinac, Hristina & Adanja, Benko & Jarebinski, Mirjana
- 895-896 Quest for health (a fable)
by Rodd, Nancy
- 897-898 Turkish migrants and somatic fixation in the Netherlands: Research in Amsterdam
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 901-901 Letter to the editor
by van der Geest, Sjaak
1989, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 691-693 The making of a sociomedical scientist
by Cahalan, Don
- 695-703 The long-run cost characteristics of dental practices in the U.S.A
by Brown, L.Jackson
- 705-714 Sentinel health events as indicators of unmet needs
by Carr, Willine & Szapiro, natan & Heisler, Toni & Krasner, Melvin I.
- 715-719 Issues and problems in measuring children's health status in community health research
by Fink, Raymond
- 721-728 The sociological image of medicine and the patient
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 729-732 Premature mortality and chronic alcoholism: Medical examiner cases, New Jersey
by Haberman, Paul W. & Natarajan, Geetha
- 733-742 The impact of the physical environment on the psychological well-being of office workers
by Klitzman, Susan & Stellman, Jeanne M.
- 743-751 Life events, meaning and narrative: The case of infidelity and divorce
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler
- 753-760 Professional life cycle changes and their effect on knowledge level of dental practitioners
by Sadowsky, Donald & Kunzel, Carol
- 761-768 An empirical analysis of the dimensions of health status measures
by Segovia, Jorge & Bartlett, Roy F. & Edwards, Alison C.
- 769-778 What diagnosis does not tell: The case for a noncategorical approach to chronic illness in childhood
by Stein, Ruth E.K. & Jessop, Dorothy Jones
- 779-789 Drug use among Puerto Rican youth: An exploration of generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 591-597 Non-government organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims in Africa
by Mburu, F.M.
- 599-608 Are large-scale volunteer community health worker programmes feasible? The case of Sri Lanka
by Walt, Gill & Perera, Myrtle & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 609-616 Impairment, disability and handicap in chronic respiratory illness
by Williams, Simon J. & Bury, Michael R.
- 617-626 Respiratory health indicators and acculturation among the Inuit and Cree of Northern Quebec: A regional approach using geographic seriation analysis
by Foggin, P.M. & Aurillon, N.
- 627-634 From anomie to anomia and anomic depression: A sociological critique on the use of anomie in psychiatric research
by Deflem, Mathieu
- 635-642 The social experiences of cancer patients under treatment: A comparative study
by Tempelaar, R. & de Haes, J.C.J.M. & de Ruiter, J.H. & Bakker, D. & van den Heuvel, W.J.A. & van Nieuwenhuijzen, M.G.
- 643-652 Born female: The development of nursing in Thailand
by Muecke, Marjorie A. & Srisuphan, Wichit
- 653-658 The demand for abortion in England and Wales
by Cairns, John A.
- 659-667 The relation of widow's needs and resources to perceived health and depression
by Lowenstein, Ariela & Rosen, Aaron
- 669-675 'Source force' and the Nepal medical profession
by Weiner, Saul J.
- 677-679 Infant mortality and health care in Mexican communities
by Holian, John
- 681-681 The impact of environmental factors upon patient attitudes and behaviour. A sociological study from Poland
by Lignowska, Iza
- 685-687 A disavowal and criticisms of 'breastfeeding trends in Singapore'
by Counsilman, J.J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 479-486 Availability of pharmaceuticals in sub-Saharan Africa: Roles of the public, private and church mission sectors
by Vogel, Ronald J. & Stephens, Betsy
- 487-496 Healers, deities, saints and doctors: elements for the analysis of medical systems
by Pedersen, Duncan & Baruffati, Veronica
- 497-502 The psychosocial adjustment of patients and spouses to dialysis treatment
by Soskolne, Varda & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 503-514 Making health policy management intersectoral: Issues of information analysis and use in less developed countries
by de Kadt, Emanuel
- 515-526 On the specificity of healing functions: A study of diagnosis in three faith healing institutions in Feira (Bahia, Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 527-536 The effects of nursing and physician services: Some preliminary results
by Hogan, Andrew J. & Rohrer, James E.
- 537-544 The logic of a controversy: The case of agent orange in Australia
by Hall, Wayne
- 545-553 The public controversies of aids in Puerto Rico
by Cunningham, Ineke
- 555-561 Family response in head injury: Denial ... or hope for the future?
by Ridley, Barbara
- 563-575 Sinking heart: A Punjabi communication of distress
by Krause, Inga-Britt
- 577-584 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV-infection in the Nordic countries--a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, Allan & Bjoerner, Jakob & Christensen, Birgit Westphal
- 585-588 Do low levels of labour pain reflect low sensitivity to noxious stimulation?
by Niven, Catherine A. & Gijsbers, Karel J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 265-276 AIDS: Methodological problems in studying its prevention and spread
by Ankrah, E. Maxine
- 277-292 Methodological problems in the study of psychosocial influences on the AIDS process
by Kaplan, Howard B.
- 293-300 Assumptions governing approaches to diagnosis and treatment
by Aakster, Cor W.
- 301-307 Traditional or transitional medical systems? Pharmacotherapy as a case for analysis
by Tan, Michael Lim
- 309-315 The health of adolescents: Beliefs and behaviour
by Friedman, Herbert L.
- 317-325 Understanding childrens' health behaviour: The implications for health promotion for young people
by Nutbeam, Don & Aar, Leif & Catford, John
- 327-339 Cultural variations in the response to psychiatric disorders and emotional distress
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 341-349 Differences in the approaches of the doctor, manager, politician and social scientist in health care controversies--Hospital case-mix management methods: An illustration of the manager's approach in health care controversies
by de Pouvourville, Gérard
- 351-356 Technological disaster--Survival and bereavement
by Hodgkinson, Peter E.
- 357-367 Ecological upheavals with special reference to desertification and predicting health impact
by Were, Miriam K.
- 369-376 The contribution of medical care to inequalities in health: Differences between socio-economic groups in decline of mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 377-383 Generational equity in America: A cultural historian's perspective
by Cole, Thomas R.
- 385-394 Justice across the generations
by Somerville, Margaret A.
- 395-402 Non-governmental organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims
by Smith, Karl
- 403-411 Man and his parasites: Integration of biomedical and social approaches to transmission and control
by Holland, Celia V.
- 413-423 Nutrition and health: Patterns and policy perspectives in food-rich countries
by Milio, Nancy
- 425-434 Pain: Its experience and treatments
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 435-444 Schools of thought on pain
by Vrancken, Mariet A. E.
- 445-454 A new age for older people? policy shifts in health and social care
by Jamieson, Anne
- 455-462 Professional reimbursement and professional behavior: Emerging issues and research challenges
by Rosen, Bruce
- 463-468 Conceptual and methodological problems in research on the quality of life in clinical medicine
by Siegrist, Johannes & Junge, Astrid
- 469-477 Assumptions of the QALY procedure
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 117-123 Conceptual, theoretical and methodological issues in self-care research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 125-130 Self-care in health promotion
by Kickbusch, Ilona
- 131-136 Control over health and patterns of health-related behaviour
by Calnan, Michael
- 137-152 Self-care components of lifestyles: The importance of gender, attitudes and the social situation
by Dean, Kathryn
- 153-161 Exploring the correlates of self-provided health care behaviour
by Segall, Alexander & Goldstein, Jay
- 163-169 Menstrual pain, health and behaviour in girls
by Teperi, Juha & Rimpelä, Matti
- 171-183 Self-care among older adults
by Haug, Marie R. & Wykle, May L. & Namazi, Kevan H.
- 185-193 Self-care within a model for demand for medical care
by Bentzen, Niels & Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller
- 195-204 From activated patient to pacified activist: A study of the self-care movement in the United States
by DeFriese, Gordon H. & Woomert, Alison & Guild, Priscilla A. & Steckler, Allan B. & Konrad, Thomas R.
- 205-212 Mothers' benefit of a self-care booklet and a self-care educational session at child health centres
by Rasmussen, Finn
- 213-219 A clinical trial of a self-care approach to the management of chronic headache in general practice
by Winkler, Robin & Underwood, Peter & Fatovich, Barry & James, Ray & Gray, Dennis
- 221-224 Long-term outcomes of an arthritis self-management study: Effects of reinforcement efforts
by Lorig, Kate & Holman, Halsted R.
- 225-232 Benefits of self-help groups: A survey of 232 members from 65 disease-related groups
by Trojan, Alf
- 233-244 Self-care in Israel: Physicians' views and perspectives
by Shuval, Judith T. & Javetz, Rachel & Shye, Diana
- 245-252 The interpretation of self-care: A difference in outlook between clients and home-nurses
by Van Agthoven, W. M. & Plomp, H. N.
- 253-258 Statistical analysis of complex health and social data
by Kreiner, Svend
- 259-260 Letter to the editor
by Bloch, Daniel A. & Lorig, Kate & Brown, Byron Wm. & Moses, Lincoln E.
- 261-262 Letter to the editor
by Lavers, R. J. & Carr-Hill, R. A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-12 The social control of human biomedical research: An overview and review of the literature
by Benson, Paul R.
- 13-22 Concepts about infant health, growth, and weaning: A comparison between nutritional scientists and madurese mothers
by Launer, Lenore J. & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 23-24 Social factors and trachoma: A review of the literature
by Marx, Rani
- 35-42 Are people willing and able to pay for health services?
by Yoder, Richard A.
- 43-52 Active patients: The integration of modern and traditional obstetric practices in Nepal
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 53-60 Migration, acculturation and utilization of primary health care
by Van der Stuyft, Patrick & De Muynck, Aimé & Schillemans, Leo & Timmerman, Chris
- 61-67 Overcoming 'psychosomatic' illness: Lay attributions of cure for five possible psychosomatic illness
by Furnham, Adrian
- 69-78 Is religion therapeutically significant for hypertension?
by Levin, Jeffrey S. & Vanderpool, Harold Y.
- 79-84 Hypertension and asthma: Psychological aspects
by Ford, Frances M. & Hunter, M. & Hensley, M. J. & Gillies, A. & Carney, S. & Smith, A. J. & Bamford, J. & Lenzer, M. & Lister, G. & Ravazdy, S. & Steyn, M.
- 85-94 The factor structure of the CES-D in the Hispanic health and nutrition examination survey: The influences of ethnicity, gender and language
by Guarnaccia, Peter J. & Angel, Ronald & Worobey, Jacqueline Lowe
- 95-106 The impact of road construction on hospital in-patient catchments in the Meru district of Kenya
by Airey, Tony
- 107-108 Sociology of hospitals and of patient-physician interaction in West Germany
by Kohlmann, Thomas & Siegrist, Johannes
- 109-111 A French research programme: Santé-maladie-société (1984-1988)
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Paicheler, Geneviève & Souteyrand, Yves
1989, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 1211-1220 Population differences in susceptibility to AIDS: An evolutionary analysis
by Rushton, J.Philippe & Bogaert, Anthony F.
- 1221-1228 Gender differences in the perception and utilization of social support: Theoretical perspectives and an empirical test
by Flaherty, Joseph & Richman, Judith
- 1229-1238 Mind, body, and culture: Somatization among Hispanics
by Angel, Ronald & Guarnaccia, Peter J.
- 1239-1248 Emotional expression in cancer onset and progression
by Gross, James
- 1249-1253 Knowledge, attitudes and practices among rural communities in Zimbabwe in relation to Phytolacca dodecandra--a plant molluscicide
by Ndamba, J. & Chandiwana, S.K. & Makaza, N.
- 1255-1267 La lutte communautaire contre une endémie tropicale: Croyances surnaturelles et pièges à tsétsé au Congo
by Leygues, Michel & Gouteux, Jean-Paul
- 1269-1274 Health lifestyles and self-direction in employment among American men: A test of the spillover effect
by Abel, Thomas & Cockerham, William C. & Lueschen, Guenther & Kunz, Gerhard
- 1275-1282 Social support: Diverse theoretical perspectives
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1283-1288 Piecework, repetitive work and medicine use in the clothing industry
by Vinet, Alain & Vézina, Michel & Brisson, Chantal & Bernard, Paul-Marie
- 1289-1309 Three bodies of practice in a traditional south Indian martial art
by Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- 1311-1314 The relevance of the health belief model to Australian smokers
by Knight, Rosemary A. & Hay, David A.
- 1315-1320 Autonomy, job satisfaction and professional self-image among nurses in the context of a physicians' strike
by Shoham-Yakubovich, Ilana & Carmel, Sara & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1321-1329 Perceived stress in medical school: Resistors, persistors, adaptors and maladaptors
by Vitaliano, Peter P. & Maiuro, Roland D. & Mitchell, Ellen & Russo, Joan
- 1331-1338 Choosing who shall not be treated in the NHS
by Charny, M.C. & Lewis, P.A. & Farrow, S.C.
- 1339-1341 Censorship and medical sociology in the Netherlands
by Van Der Geest, Sjaak
- 1343-1349 Medical anthropology in Mexico
by Vargas, Luis Alberto & Casillas, Leticia E.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1099-1101 Introduction : Marxist perspectives in social medicine
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 1103-1112 The American dominative medical system as a reflection of social relations in the larger society
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1113-1120 Medicine in the industrial battle: Early workers' compensation
by Bale, Anthony
- 1121-1127 Epidemiologia y contrahegemonia
by Breilh, Jaime & Granda, Edmundo
- 1129-1138 Mental health monopoly: Corporate trends in mental health services
by Brown, Phil & Cooksey, Elizabeth
- 1139-1148 The commodification of American health care
by Caplan, Ronald L.
- 1149-1157 Technological innovation and the labour process in health care
by Daly, Jeanne & Willis, Evan
- 1159-1164 State and health
by Deppe, Hans-Ulrich
- 1165-1170 The reluctant imperialism of the medical profession
by de Swaan, Abram
- 1171-1182 The political economy of workers' health and safety
by Elling, Ray H.
- 1183-1191 Social analysis of collective health in Latin America
by Laurell, Asa Cristina
- 1193-1203 The coming of age of critical medical anthropology
by Singer, Merrill
- 1205-1209 Ideology in medical science: Class in the clinic
by Woolhandler, Steffie & Himmelstein, David U.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1005-1006 Community-based health care 10 years post alma ata
by Mburu, F. M. & Ties Boerma, J.
- 1007-1017 Hospital outreach community-based health care: The case of chogoria, Kenya
by DeBoer, Cornelis N. & McNeil, Malcolm
- 1019-1030 Primary health care in Northwestern Somalia: A case study
by Bentley, Chris
- 1031-1037 A people-centred approach to primary health care implementation in Mvumi, Tanzania
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1039-1051 Community-based health care in Kibwezi, Kenya: 10 years in retrospect
by Johnson, Karin E. & Kisubi, Wilson K. & Karanja Mbugua, J. & Lackey, Douglas & Stanfield, Paget & Osuga, Ben
- 1053-1058 A tale of two clinics--primary health care in refugee settings: Lessons from Sudan and Somalia
by Downing, Raymond
- 1059-1062 A case study of the Tenwek hospital community health programme in Kenya
by Jacobson, Mark L. & Labbok, Miriam H. & Parker, Robert L. & Stevens, David L. & Carter, Susan A.
- 1063-1071 An integrated rural health project in Saradidi, Kenya
by Owino Kaseje, Dan C. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
- 1073-1079 Whither community-based health care?
by Mburu, F. M.
- 1081-1084 Mass produced village health workers and the promise of primary health care
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1085-1090 The dilemma of essential drugs in primary health care
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1091-1097 Simplifying the evaluation of primary health care programmes
by Van Norren, Bert & Ties Boerma, J. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 939-941 Upgrading apprenticeship
by Lave, Jean
- 887-898 Why some countries have national health insurance, others have national health services, and the U.S. has neither
by Navarro, Vicente
- 899-904 Sadness, depression and social reciprocity in highland Ecuador
by Tousignant, Michel & Maldonado, Mario
- 905-915 In the shadow of biomedicine: Self medication in two Ecuadorian pharmacies
by Price, Laurie J.
- 917-924 The assessment of diviners and their knowledge by civil servants in Southwestern Nigeria
by Pearce, Tola Olu
- 925-937 Cosmopolitical obstetrics: Some insights from the training of traditional midwives
by Jordan, Brigitte
- 937-938 Comments
by Browner, C. H.
- 938-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 939-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Jeffery, R. & Jeffery, P. M.
- 941-943 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 943-944 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by Rhodes, Lorna Amarasingham
- 945-956 Views of what's wrong: Diagnosis and patients' concepts of illness
by Hunt, Linda M. & Jordan, Brigitte & Irwin, Susan
- 957-961 Knowledge about AIDS and self-reported behaviour among Zimbabwean secondary school pupils
by Wilson, David & Greenspan, Ruth & Wilson, Christopher
- 963-970 Ayurveda: A multilectic interpretation
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 971-983 End stage renal disease and the marital dyad: An empirical investigation
by Chowanec, Gregory D. & Binik, Y. M.
- 985-996 Food taboos in maternal and child health: The views of traditional healers in Ile-Ife, Nigeria
by Odebiyi, A. I.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 769-781 Medical technologies in developing countries: Issues of technology development, transfer, diffusion and use
by Bonair, Ann & Rosenfield, Patricia & Tengvald, Karin
- 783-789 Shame among unemployed men
by Eales, M.J.
- 791-803 Chronic respiratory illness and disability: A critical review of the psychosocial literature
by Williams, Simon Johnson
- 805-809 Suicide and increased availability of handguns in the United States
by Clarke, Ronald V. & Jones, Peter R.
- 811-818 A new approach to community health
by Follér, Maj-Lis
- 819-828 Personal control and health promotion
by Peterson, Christopher & Stunkard, Albert J.
- 829-835 Patient involvement in decision-making in surgical and orthopaedic practice: The project perioperative risk
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Svärdsudd, Kurt & Wedel, Hans & Säljö, Roger
- 837-842 Predictors of foetal and neonatal mortality in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles. A multivariate analysis
by Wildschut, H.I.J. & Wiedijk, V. & Oosting, J. & Voorn, W. & Huber, J. & Treffers, P.E.
- 843-849 The politics of immunization in public health
by McCombie, S.C.
- 851-859 Punctuality, pain and time-orientation among Sicilian-Canadians
by Migliore, Sam
- 861-867 The impact of prospectively set hospital budgets on psychiatric admissions
by Frank, Richard G. & Jackson, Catherine A.
- 869-874 Intolerance of ambiguity in students entering medical school
by DeForge, Bruce R. & Sobal, Jeffery
- 875-884 The practice of traditional Korean medicine in Washington, D.C
by Pang, Keum Young
- 885-885 The Nottingham health profile
by Carr-Hill, Roy A. & Kind, Paul
1989, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 631-632 Introduction
by Ugalde, Antonio & Zwi, Anthony
- 633-642 Towards an epidemiology of political violence in the third world
by Zwi, Anthony & Ugalde, Antonio
- 643-647 Perceptions from epidemiologic research in an endemic war
by Armenian, Haroutune K.
- 649-657 Violence, conflict and health in Africa
by Ityavyar, Dennis A. & Ogba, Leo O.
- 659-667 Children in political violence
by Gibson, Kerry