Exploratory study of the impacts of Mutual Health Organizations on social dynamics in Benin
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schneider, Pia, 2005. "Trust in micro-health insurance: an exploratory study in Rwanda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(7), pages 1430-1438, October.
- Goudge, Jane & Gilson, Lucy, 2005. "How can trust be investigated? Drawing lessons from past experience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(7), pages 1439-1451, October.
- De Allegri, Manuela & Sanon, Mamadou & Bridges, John & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2006. "Understanding consumers' preferences and decision to enrol in community-based health insurance in rural West Africa," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 58-71, March.
- De Allegri, Manuela & Sanon, Mamadou & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2006. ""To enrol or not to enrol?": A qualitative investigation of demand for health insurance in rural West Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(6), pages 1520-1527, March.
- Ridde, Valéry, 2008. ""The problem of the worst-off is dealt with after all other issues": The equity and health policy implementation gap in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 1368-1378, March.
- Gilson, Lucy, 2003. "Trust and the development of health care as a social institution," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 1453-1468, April.
- Dong, Hengjin & De Allegri, Manuela & Gnawali, Devendra & Souares, Aurélia & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2009. "Drop-out analysis of community-based health insurance membership at Nouna, Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 174-179, October.
- Birungi, Harriet, 1998. "Injections and self-help: risk and trust in Ugandan health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(10), pages 1455-1462, November.
- Atim, Chris, 1999. "Social movements and health insurance: a critical evaluation of voluntary, non-profit insurance schemes with case studies from Ghana and Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 881-896, April.
- Habtom, GebreMichael Kibreab & Ruys, Pieter, 2007. "Traditional risk-sharing arrangements and informal social insurance in Eritrea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 218-235, January.
- Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia, 2003. "Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 1205-1219, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart, 2014. "Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 18-27.
- Mladovsky, Philipa, 2014. "Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance? Findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 78-88.
- Slim Haddad & Valery Ridde & Ismaelou Yacoubou & Geneviève Mák & Michel Gbetié, 2012. "An Evaluation of the Outcomes of Mutual Health Organizations in Benin," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(10), pages 1-8, October.
- Agier, Isabelle & Ly, Antarou & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry, 2016. "Endorsement of universal health coverage financial principles in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 157-166.
- Hampshire, Kate R. & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Tanle, Augustine & Abane, Albert, 2011. "Out of the reach of children? Young people's health-seeking practices and agency in Africa's newly-emerging therapeutic landscapes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(5), pages 702-710, September.
- Mladovsky, Philipa, 2014. "Why do people drop out of community-based health insurance?: findings from an exploratory household survey in Senegal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55820, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsMutual Health Organizations Social dynamics Trust Empowerment Aid Worst-off Benin;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:3:p:467-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.