A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moser, Stephanie & Mosler, Hans-Joachim, 2008. "Differences in influence patterns between groups predicting the adoption of a solar disinfection technology for drinking water in Bolivia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 497-504.
- David C. Schmittlein & Vijay Mahajan, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation for an Innovation Diffusion Model of New Product Acceptance," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 57-78.
- Sherman, Susan G. & Sutcliffe, Catherine & Srirojn, Bangorn & Latkin, Carl A. & Aramratanna, Apinun & Celentano, David D., 2009. "Evaluation of a peer network intervention trial among young methamphetamine users in Chiang Mai, Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 69-79.
- Mahler, Heike I.M. & Kulik, James A. & Butler, Heather A. & Gerrard, Meg & Gibbons, Frederick X., 2008. "Social norms information enhances the efficacy of an appearance-based sun protection intervention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 321-329.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 215-227.
- Panter-Brick, Catherine & Clarke, Sian E. & Lomas, Heather & Pinder, Margaret & Lindsay, Steve W., 2006. "Culturally compelling strategies for behaviour change: A social ecology model and case study in malaria prevention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 2810-2825.
- repec:eee:thpobi:v:76:y:2009:i:1:p:59-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dixon, Helen G. & Scully, Maree L. & Wakefield, Melanie A. & White, Victoria M. & Crawford, David A., 2007. "The effects of television advertisements for junk food versus nutritious food on children's food attitudes and preferences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1311-1323.
- Kikumbih, Nassor & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne & Mponda, Hadji & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong, 2005. "The economics of social marketing: the case of mosquito nets in Tanzania," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 369-381.
- Alex Bentley & Paul Ormerod, 2009. "Tradition And Fashion In Consumer Choice: Bagging The Scottish Munros," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(3), pages 371-381, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aleksandar Bradic, 2012. "The Role of Social Feedback in Financing of Technology Ventures," Papers 1301.2196, arXiv.org.
- R. Bentley & Michael O’Brien & Paul Ormerod, 2011. "Quality versus mere popularity: a conceptual map for understanding human behavior," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 10(2), pages 181-191, December.
More about this item
KeywordsIntervention Tipping points H1N1 Influenza Social networks Time series Modelling Bird flu; swine flu; health scares;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:3:p:482-485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .