A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moser, Stephanie & Mosler, Hans-Joachim, 2008. "Differences in influence patterns between groups predicting the adoption of a solar disinfection technology for drinking water in Bolivia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 497-504, August.
- David C. Schmittlein & Vijay Mahajan, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation for an Innovation Diffusion Model of New Product Acceptance," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 57-78.
- repec:eee:thpobi:v:76:y:2009:i:1:p:59-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sherman, Susan G. & Sutcliffe, Catherine & Srirojn, Bangorn & Latkin, Carl A. & Aramratanna, Apinun & Celentano, David D., 2009. "Evaluation of a peer network intervention trial among young methamphetamine users in Chiang Mai, Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 69-79, January.
- Mahler, Heike I.M. & Kulik, James A. & Butler, Heather A. & Gerrard, Meg & Gibbons, Frederick X., 2008. "Social norms information enhances the efficacy of an appearance-based sun protection intervention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 321-329, July.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Dixon, Helen G. & Scully, Maree L. & Wakefield, Melanie A. & White, Victoria M. & Crawford, David A., 2007. "The effects of television advertisements for junk food versus nutritious food on children's food attitudes and preferences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 1311-1323, October.
- Panter-Brick, Catherine & Clarke, Sian E. & Lomas, Heather & Pinder, Margaret & Lindsay, Steve W., 2006. "Culturally compelling strategies for behaviour change: A social ecology model and case study in malaria prevention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(11), pages 2810-2825, June.
- Kikumbih, Nassor & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne & Mponda, Hadji & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong, 2005. "The economics of social marketing: the case of mosquito nets in Tanzania," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 369-381, January.
- Alex Bentley & Paul Ormerod, 2009. "Tradition And Fashion In Consumer Choice: Bagging The Scottish Munros," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(3), pages 371-381, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Bentley & Michael O’Brien & Paul Ormerod, 2011. "Quality versus mere popularity: a conceptual map for understanding human behavior," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 10(2), pages 181-191, December.
- Aleksandar Bradic, 2012. "The Role of Social Feedback in Financing of Technology Ventures," Papers 1301.2196, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsIntervention Tipping points H1N1 Influenza Social networks Time series Modelling Bird flu; swine flu; health scares;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:3:p:482-485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.