Guardians of health: The dimensions of elder caregiving among women in a Mexico City neighborhood
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merril Silverstein & Zhen Cong & Shuzhuo Li, 2006. "Intergenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements of Older People in Rural China: Consequences for Psychological Well-Being," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(5), pages 256-266.
- Ariela Lowenstein, 2007. "Solidarity–Conflict and Ambivalence: Testing Two Conceptual Frameworks and Their Impact on Quality of Life for Older Family Members," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(2), pages 100-107.
- Martin Pinquart & Silvia Sörensen, 2003. "Associations of Stressors and Uplifts of Caregiving With Caregiver Burden and Depressive Mood: A Meta-Analysis," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(2), pages 112-128.
- Holroyd, Eleanor, 2001. "Hong Kong Chinese daughters' intergenerational caregiving obligations: : a cultural model approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 1125-1134, November.
- Martin Pinquart & Silvia Sörensen, 2007. "Correlates of Physical Health of Informal Caregivers: A Meta-Analysis," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(2), pages 126-137.
- Martin Pinquart & Silvia Sörensen, 2006. "Gender Differences in Caregiver Stressors, Social Resources, and Health: An Updated Meta-Analysis," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(1), pages 33-45.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yahirun, Jenjira J. & Sheehan, Connor M. & Hayward, Mark D., 2017. "Adult children's education and changes to parents' physical health in Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 93-101.
- Elizabeth McDermott & Carolyn A. Mendez-Luck, 2018. "The Processes of Becoming a Caregiver Among Mexican-Origin Women: A Cultural Psychological Perspective," SAGE Open, , vol. 8(2), pages 21582440187, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Irene Magaña & Pablo Martínez & María‐Soledad Loyola, 2020. "Health outcomes of unpaid caregivers in low‐ and middle‐income countries: A systematic review and meta‐analysis," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 29(21-22), pages 3950-3965, November.
- Cinzia Di Novi & Rowena Jacobs & Matteo Migheli, 2013. "The quality of life of female informal caregivers: from Scandinavia to the Mediterranean Sea," Working Papers 084cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- O'Reilly, Dermot & Connolly, Sheelah & Rosato, Michael & Patterson, Chris, 2008. "Is caring associated with an increased risk of mortality? A longitudinal study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1282-1290, October.
- Miller, Lyndsey M. & Utz, Rebecca L. & Supiano, Katherine & Lund, Dale & Caserta, Michael S., 2020. "Health profiles of spouse caregivers: The role of active coping and the risk for developing prolonged grief symptoms," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 266(C).
- Idstad, Mariann & Røysamb, Espen & Tambs, Kristian, 2011. "The effect of change in mental disorder status on change in spousal mental health: The HUNT study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1408-1415.
- Irene Mosca & Alan Barrett, 2016.
"The impact of adult child emigration on the mental health of older parents,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 687-719, July.
- Mosca, Irene & Barrett, Alan, 2014. "The Impact of Adult Child Emigration on the Mental Health of Older Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 8037, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Low, Timothy Qing Ying, 2021. "The situation and well-being of custodial grandparents in Myanmar: Impacts of adult children's cross-border and internal migration," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 277(C).
- Eve Wittenberg & Adrianna Saada & Lisa Prosser, 2013. "How Illness Affects Family Members: A Qualitative Interview Survey," The Patient: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research, Springer;International Academy of Health Preference Research, vol. 6(4), pages 257-268, December.
- Mitra, Sophie & Gao, Qin & Chen, Wei & Zhang, Yalu, 2020. "Health, work, and income among middle-aged and older adults: A panel analysis for China," The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 17(C).
- Young Kyung Do & Edward C. Norton & Sally C. Stearns & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2015. "Informal Care and Caregiver's Health," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 224-237, February.
- Fan, Ying & Fang, Shuai & Yang, Zan, 2018. "Living arrangements of the elderly: A new perspective from choice constraints in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 101-116.
- Rossarin Soottipong Gray & Umaporn Pattaravanich, 2020. "Internal and external resources, tiredness and the subjective well-being of family caregivers of older adults: a case study from western Thailand, Southeast Asia," European Journal of Ageing, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 349-359, September.
- Chiu‐Yueh Hsiao, 2010. "Family demands, social support and caregiver burden in Taiwanese family caregivers living with mental illness: the role of family caregiver gender," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 19(23‐24), pages 3494-3503, December.
- Daniel Lüdecke & Olaf Knesebeck & Christopher Kofahl, 2016. "Public knowledge about dementia in Germany—results of a population survey," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(1), pages 9-16, January.
- Vladimir Spokoiny & Mayya Zhilova, 2013. "Sharp deviation bounds for quadratic forms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki, 2017. "The socioeconomic within-gender gap in informal caregiving among middle-aged women: Evidence from a Japanese nationwide survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 48-53.
- Wang, Wei-Pang & Wu, Li-Hsueh & Zhang, Wei & Tsay, Ruey-Ming, 2019. "Culturally-specific productive engagement and self-rated health among Taiwanese older adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 79-86.
- Joukje Swinkels & Theo van Tilburg & Ellen Verbakel & Marjolein Broese van Groenou, 2019. "Explaining the Gender Gap in the Caregiving Burden of Partner Caregivers," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 74(2), pages 309-317.
- Lingguo Cheng & Hong Liu & Ye Zhang & Zhong Zhao, 2018.
"The heterogeneous impact of pension income on elderly living arrangements: evidence from China’s new rural pension scheme,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 155-192, January.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China's New Rural Pension Scheme," IZA Discussion Papers 9116, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China’s New Rural Pension Scheme," GLO Discussion Paper Series 80, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Rebecca E Lacey & Anne McMunn & Elizabeth Webb, 2018. "Informal caregiving and markers of adiposity in the UK Household Longitudinal Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(7), pages 1-15, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMexico Elderly Caregiving Women;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:68:y:2009:i:2:p:228-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.