Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
February 1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-168 The Swedish Transplant Acts: Sociological considerations on bodies and giving
by Machado, Nora
- 169-172 Senile dementia in Japan: Prevalence and response
by Ineichen, Bernard
- 173-183 Social networks, social support and coping with serious illness: The family connection
by Ell, Kathleen
- 185-197 The industrial Panopticon: Mining and the medical construction of migrant African labour in South Africa, 1900-1950
by Butchart, Alexander
- 199-207 Factors influencing patient perceived recovery in Mexico
by Finkler, Kaja & Correa, Maria
- 209-220 Patterns and predictors of infertility among African women: A cross-national survey of twenty-seven nations
by Ericksen, Karen & Brunette, Tracy
- 221-231 Rethinking methods for the study of sexual behaviour
by Huygens, Pierre & Kajura, Ellen & Seeley, Janet & Barton, Tom
- 233-243 The Yoruba farm market as a communication channel in guinea worm disease surveillance
by Brieger, William R. & Kendall, Carl
- 245-256 Adaptive demands along the HIV disease continuum
by Pakenham, Kenneth I. & Dadds, Mark R. & Terry, Deborah J.
- 257-264 Sex differences in morbidity: A case of discrimination in general practice
by Sayer, Geoffrey P. & Britt, Helena
- 265-280 Chronic stress and psychological well-being: Evidence from Thailand on household crowding
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee & Sermsri, Santhat
- 281-292 Anthropology, clinical pathology and the electronic fetal monitor: Lessons from the heart
by Bassett, Ken
January 1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-2 Retirement of Peter McEwan
by Illsley, Raymond
- 3-19 Leprosy among the limba: Illness and healing in the context of world view
by Opala, Joseph & Boillot, Francois
- 21-34 Reconsidering the status of anorexia nervosa as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Lee, Sing
- 35-46 Is general practitioner decision making associated with patient socio-economic status?
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & King, Madeleine
- 47-57 Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985
by Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H.
- 59-73 Women and AIDS: An analysis of media misrepresentations
by Sacks, Valerie
- 75-89 Inequalities in health related to women's marital, parental, and employment status--A comparison between the early 70s and the late 80s, Norway
by Elstad, Jon Ivar
- 91-98 Dry sex in Zimbabwe and implications for condom use
by Civic, Diane & Wilson, David
- 99-110 Gender response to neurofibromatosis 1
by Ablon, Joan
- 111-123 The role of clinical vignettes in rapid ethnographic research: A folk taxonomy of diarrhoea in Thailand
by Shawyer, Richard John & Gani, Abdullah Sani Bin & Punufimana, Albert Noel & Seuseu, Namulauulu Kamuta Fualaga
- 125-132 Medical futility decisions and physicians' legal defensiveness: The impact of anticipated conflict on thresholds for end-of-life treatment
by Swanson, Jeffrey W. & Van McCrary, S.
- 133-140 Ethnography of fertility and menstruation in rural Mexico
by Castañeda, Xóchitl & García, Cecilia & Langer, Ana
- 141-152 Prostitutes, prostitution and STD/HIV transmission in Mainland China
by Gil, Vincent E. & Wang, Marco S. & Anderson, Allen F. & Lin, Guo Matthew & Wu, Zongjian Oliver
- 157-157 Letter to the editor
by Bagshawe, Antonia
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 12
- 1603-1605 Social differentials in chronic disease: What can sociological knowledge offer to explain and possibly reduce them?
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1607-1616 Medical humanitarianism and human rights: Reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1617-1619 Professionals, intellectuals, visible practitioners? The case of 'medical humanitarianism'
by Herzlich, Claudine
- 1621-1622 Reaction paper: Medical humanitarianism and human rights; reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Falck, Hans S.
- 1623-1624 On providing a truly international perspective
by Wyatt, David
- 1625-1626 Rejoinder
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1627-1637 The implementation of health promotion: A new structural perspective
by Rütten, Alfred
- 1639-1645 Correlates of health care satisfaction in inner-city patients with hypertension and chronic renal insufficiency
by Harris, Lisa E. & Luft, Friedrich C. & Rudy, David W. & Tierney, William M.
- 1647-1651 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1653-1654 Introduction
by Rifkin, Susan
- 1655-1665 Research and the health services manager in the developing world
by Barker, Carol
- 1667-1676 What is participatory research?
by Cornwall, Andrea & Jewkes, Rachel
- 1677-1683 Ethnographic studies of ARI in Bolivia and their use by the national ARI programme
by Hudelson, Patricia & Huanca, Tomas & Charaly, Dolores & Cirpa, Virginia
- 1685-1692 Perception and social consequences of tuberculosis: A focus group study of tuberculosis patients in Sialkot, Pakistan
by Liefooghe, R. & Michiels, N. & Habib, S. & Moran, M. B. & De Muynck, A.
- 1693-1704 Child sexual abuse in Matabeleland, Zimbabwe
by Meursing, Karla & Vos, Theo & Coutinho, Odette & Moyo, Michael & Mpofu, Sipho & Oneko, Olola & Mundy, Verity & Dube, Simukai & Mahlangu, Thembeni & Sibindi, Flora
- 1705-1713 Socio-cultural and behavioural aspects of mosquito-borne lymphatic filariasis in Thailand: A qualitative analysis
by Rauyajin, Oratai & Kamthornwachara, Benjawan & Yablo, Paul
- 1715-1724 Learning to listen: Formative research in the development of AIDS education for secondary school students
by Mathews, Catherine & Everett, Katherine & Binedell, Julia & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 1725-1729 How do health service managers respond to qualitative research?
by Van der Walt, Hester & Mathews, Catherine
December 1995, Volume 41, Issue 11
- 1467-1468 Welcome? To the brave new world of evidence based medicine
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 1469-1478 The health crisis in the former Soviet Union: A report from the 'post-war' zone
by Field, Mark G.
- 1479-1486 Environmental effects on human reproduction: The basis for new efforts in Eastern Europe
by Kulin, Howard E. & Skakkebaek, Niels E.
- 1487-1498 Culture in treatment, culture as treatment. A critical appraisal of developments in addictions programs for indigenous North Americans and Australians
by Brady, Maggie
- 1499-1505 Locus of control and socioeconomic status: Does internal locus of control reflect real resources and opportunities or personal coping abilities?
by Landau, Ruth
- 1507-1512 Separate black and white infant mortality models: Differences in the importance of structural variables
by Bird, Sheryl Thorburn
- 1513-1516 Psychological factors in the relationship between alcohol and cardiovascular morbidity
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1517-1521 Public opinion regarding end-of-life decisions: Influence of prognosis, practice and process
by Singer, Peter A. & Choudhry, Sujit & Armstrong, Jane & Meslin, Eric M. & Lowy, Frederick H.
- 1523-1533 Anthropology, HIV and contingent identities
by Gatter, Philip N.
- 1535-1567 Health care workers and HIV/AIDS: A critical review of the literature
by Horsman, Janet M. & Sheeran, Paschal
- 1569-1575 Eye care knowledge and practices among Malawian traditional healers and the development of collaborative blindness prevention programmes
by Courtright, Paul
- 1577-1586 Perceptions of risk during pregnancy amongst urban women in Northeast Brazil
by Atkinson, Sarah J. & Farias, Monica Façanha
- 1587-1595 Balancing hot and cold--Balancing power and weakness: Social and cultural aspects of Malay jamu in Singapore
by Tuschinsky, Christine
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1337-1338 Introduction
by Bowling, Ann & Brazier, John
- 1339-1348 Developing outcome measures for ambulatory care--An application to asthma and diabetes
by Mccoll, E. & Steen, I. N. & Meadows, K. A. & Hutchinson, A. & Eccles, M. P. & Hewison, J. & Fowler, P. & Blades, S. M.
- 1349-1358 The Swedish SF-36 Health Survey--I. Evaluation of data quality, scaling assumptions, reliability and construct validity across general populations in Sweden
by Sullivan, Marianne & Karlsson, Jan & Ware, John E.
- 1359-1366 German translation and psychometric testing of the SF-36 Health Survey: Preliminary results from the IQOLA project
by Bullinger, Monika
- 1367-1372 Quality of life in chronic fatigue syndrome
by Schweitzer, Robert & Kelly, Brian & Foran, Amanda & Terry, Deborah & Whiting, John
- 1373-1382 Environmental and health-related quality of life: Conceptual and methodological similarities
by Rogerson, Robert J.
- 1383-1394 Clinical and public health perspectives and applications of health-related quality of life measurement
by Ebrahim, Shah
- 1395-1401 Evaluating the efficacy of medical treatment: Possibilities and limitations
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1411-1415 Health-related quality of life between naturalism and hermeneutics
by Rosenberg, Raben
- 1417-1427 A QALY-based societal health statistic for Canada, 1985
by Holmes, Ann M.
- 1429-1437 Maximizing health benefits vs egalitarianism: An Australian survey of health issues
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 1439-1446 Elderly people's definitions of quality of life
by Farquhar, Morag
- 1447-1462 What things are important in people's lives? A survey of the public's judgements to inform scales of health related quality of life
by Bowling, Ann
- 1463-1465 Quality of life assessment in pediatric oncology: A retrospective review of phase III reports
by Bradlyn, Andrew S. & Harris, Carole V. & Spieth, Leslie E.
November 1995, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1203-1205 A better way of approaching adolescent pregnancy
by Battin, M. P.
- 1207-1216 Sociological dimensions of illness behavior
by Mechanic, David
- 1217-1240 The tooth as a marker of developing world quality of life: A field study in Guatemala
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1241-1254 Health promotion in primary care: Physician-patient communication and decision making about prescription medications
by Makoul, Gregory & Arntson, Paul & Schofield, Theo
- 1255-1260 Confiding in crisis: Gender differences in pattern of confiding among cancer patients
by Harrison, Judy & Maguire, Peter & Pitceathly, Carolyn
- 1261-1271 The cultural production of Bioterapia: Psychic healing and the natural medicine movement in Slovakia
by Rubens, Donna & Gyurkovics, Darina & Hornacek, Karol
- 1273-1287 Reliability-adjusted disease maps
by Kennedy-Kalafatis, Susan
- 1289-1299 The ethics of discharge planning for older adults: An ethnographic analysis
by Dill, Ann E. P.
- 1301-1310 Pre-marital genetic counselling to consanguineous couples: Attitudes, beliefs and decisions among counselled, noncounselled and unrelated couples in Israel
by Shiloh, Shoshana & Reznik, Haike & Bat-Miriam-Katznelson, Mariassa & Goldman, Boleslav
- 1311-1323 Sexual communication in the age of AIDS: The construction of risk and trust among young adults
by Lear, Dana
- 1325-1332 The role of pharmaceuticals in the privatization process in Vietnam's health-care system
by Wolffers, Ivan
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1041-1041 Editorial
by McEwan, P. J. M.
- 1043-1045 Flourishing health work in China
by Xu, Wenbo
- 1047-1055 The Chinese health care system: Lessons for other nations
by Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1057-1064 The reforms of the Chinese health care system: County level changes: The Jiangxi study
by Zheng, Xiang & Hillier, Sheila
- 1065-1072 Market reforms and China's health care system
by HO, Lok Sang
- 1073-1084 Urban economic reform and access to health care coverage in the People's Republic of China
by Grogan, Colleen M.
- 1085-1093 Transformation of China's rural health care financing
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. L. & Li, Qing & Liu, Xingzhu & Ren, Minghui
- 1095-1101 The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy
by Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1103-1110 Health care utilization as a function of subjective health status, job satisfaction and gender among health care workers in Guangzhou, Southern China
by Fielding, R. & Li, J. & Tang, Y. E.
- 1111-1118 Cooperative medical schemes in contemporary rural China
by Xueshan, Feng & Shenglan, Tang & Bloom, Gerald & Segall, Malcolm & Xingyuan, Gu
- 1119-1130 Distribution of medical insurance in China
by Henderson, Gail & Shuigao, Jin & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Jianmin, Wang & Haijiang, Ma & Yunan, He & Xiping, Zhang & Ying, Chang & Keyou, Ge
- 1131-1145 Urban stress in China
by Lin, Nan & Lai, Gina
- 1147-1157 Seeking women's voices: Setting the context for women's health interventions in two rural counties in Yunnan, China
by Wong, Glenn C. & LI, Virginia C. & Burris, Mary Ann & Xiang, Yueping
- 1159-1173 Goods on which one loses: Women and mental health in China
by Pearson, Veronica
- 1175-1184 Flows of social support and health status among older persons in China
by Liu, Xian & Liang, Jersey & Gu, Shengzu
- 1185-1190 Some aspects of diabetes care in Chengdu
by Li, Xiu J. & Deng, Shang P.
- 1191-1195 Outline of control practice of endemic fluorosis in China
by Lian-Fang, Wang & Jian-Zhong, Huang
- 1197-1201 The rise and prospects of medical aesthetics
by Qingxing, Peng & Xue, Wang & Jiaye, Zhao
October 1995, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 911-914 Epidemiology's role in the creation of a humane world: Convergences and divergences among the schools
by Breilh, Jaime
- 915-922 Psychosocial and behavioral factors associated with serum lipids in university students
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Krakau, Ingvar & Högbom, Margita & Romanus-Egerborg, Isolde
- 923-934 Explaining rising mortality among men in Eastern Europe
by Watson, Peggy
- 935-947 Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort
by Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 949-955 Homogénéité de la distribution spatiale des cancers du système reproducteur féminin au Québec
by Drapeau, Aline & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Ghadirian, Parviz
- 957-968 Sewers and scapegoats: Spatial metaphors of smallpox in nineteenth century San Francisco
by Craddock, Susan
- 969-975 Process and outcomes in general practice consultations: Problems in defining high quality care
by Winefield, Helen R. & Murrell, Timothy G. & Clifford, Julie
- 977-981 Public health problems of urbanization
by Mutatkar, R. K.
- 983-1003 Elderly mental health in the developing world
by Levkoff, Sue E. & Macarthur, Ian W. & Bucknall, Julia
- 1005-1021 The subjective experience of health and illness in Ocuituco: A case study
by Castro, Roberto
- 1023-1031 Ethnic differences in contraceptive use in Kuwait: A clinic-based study
by Al-Gallaf, Khalida & Al-Wazzan, Hanan & Al-Namash, Hind & Shah, Nasra M. & Behbehani, Jaafar
- 1033-1037 The impact of the Gulf armed conflict on the health and behaviour of Kuwaiti children
by Al-Eissa, Youssef A.
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 759-760 What is this news on the menstrual cycle and premenstrual syndrome? : Introduction
by Choi, Precilla Y. L.
- 761-767 The premenstrual syndrome: A brief history
by Richardson, John T. E.
- 769-777 Stress responsivity in exercisers and non-exercisers during different phases of the menstrual cycle
by Choi, Precilla Y. L. & Salmon, Peter
- 779-784 The menstrual cycle, science and femininity: Assumptions underlying menstrual cycle research
by Nicolson, Paula
- 785-791 The menstrual cycle and the well being of women
by Bancroft, John
- 793-800 Theory and methodology in premenstrual syndrome research
by Walker, Anne
- 801-807 Increased socioeconomic differences in mortality in eight Spanish provinces
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutiérrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Rodríguez, Carmen
- 809-818 Health of migrants and migrant health policy, the Netherlands as an example
by Venema, H. P. Uniken & Garretsen, H. F. L. & Van Der Maas, P. J.
- 819-828 No real progress towards equity: Health of migrants and ethnic minorities on the eve of the year 2000
by Bollini, Paola & Siem, Harald
- 829-835 Impact of user charges on vulnerable groups: The case of Kibwezi in rural Kenya
by Mbugua, J. Karanja & Bloom, Gerald H. & Segall, Malcolm M.
- 837-844 The social life of bonding theory
by Crouch, Mira & Manderson, Lenore
- 845-855 Research on lifestyles and health: Searching for meaning
by Dean, Kathryn & Colomer, Concha & Pérez-Hoyos, Santiago
- 857-862 Public health crises of cities in developing countries
by Wang'ombe, Joseph K.
- 863-872 Distribution spatiale de sieges anatomiques choisis de cancer au Quebec
by Gbary, A. R. & Philippe, P. & Ducic, S. & Beland, F.
- 873-881 Interruptive patterns in medical visits: The effects of role, status and gender
by Irish, Julie T. & Hall, Judith A.
- 883-891 'If this is what it's doing to our washing, what is it doing to our lungs?' Industrial pollution and public understanding in North-East England
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Phillimore, Peter & Bhopal, Raj & Foy, Christopher
- 893-899 Setting the agenda: Does the medical literature set the agenda for articles about medicines in the newspapers?
by Van Trigt, Anke M. & De Jong-Van Den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Voogt, Linda M. & Willems, Jaap & T.Dirk Tromp, F. J. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 901-907 The social network of patients with schizoaffective disorder as compared to patients with diabetes and to healthy individuals
by Nettelbladt, Per & Svensson, Carina & Serin, Ulrika & Öjehagen, Agneta
September 1995, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 603-604 The 'permanent project syndrome': A counter productive consequence of philanthropy
by Wang'ombe, J. K.
- 605-607 Introduction
by Greenough, Paul
- 609-616 Global immunization--A medical perspective
by Wright, Peter F.
- 617-632 Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand
by Nichter, Mark
- 633-645 Intimidation, coercion and resistance in the final stages of the South Asian Smallpox Eradication Campaign, 1973-1975
by Greenough, Paul
- 647-656 Enhancing coverage and sustainability of vaccination programs: An explanatory framework with special reference to India
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 657-671 Immunization to regulate fertility: Biological and cultural frameworks
by Schrater, Angeline Faye
- 673-686 Assumptions and contradictions in measles and measles immunization research: Is measles good for something?
by Aaby, Peter
- 687-698 Socioeconomic and spatial differentials in mortality and means of committing suicide in New South Wales, Australia, 1985-1991
by Burnley, I. H.
- 699-716 Aids and injecting drug use in the United Kingdom, 1987-1993: The policy response and the prevention of the epidemic
by Stimson, Gerry V.
- 717-723 Psychosocial work characteristics and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young adults: The CARDIA study
by Greenlund, Kurt J. & Liu, Kiang & Knox, Sarah & McCreath, Heather & Dyer, Alan R. & Gardin, Julius
- 725-732 Nutrition, maternal responsiveness and mental development of Ethiopian children
by Aboud, Frances E. & Alemu, Tadesse
- 733-738 Short stature as an effect of economic and social conditions in childhood
by Peck, Maria Nyström & Lundberg, Olle
- 739-745 Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents
by Veitch, P. C.
- 747-751 The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries
by Veitch, P. C.
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 453-460 Health care reform in the United States: On the road to nowhere (again)?
by Barer, Morris L. & Marmor, Theodore R. & Morrison, Ellen M.
- 461-473 Cultural studies of biomedicine: An agenda for research
by Good, Mary-Jo Delvecchio
- 475-482 Equity of health care in Australia
by Lairson, David R. & Hindson, Paul & Hauquitz, Alan
- 483-489 The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 491-499 The social and political meaning of the silent epidemic of miners' phthisis, Bendigo 1860-1960
by Kippen, Sandra
- 501-509 Notions and treatment of guinea worm in Northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 511-515 General practitioners' assessment of and interest in alternative medicine in Canada
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Sutherland, Lloyd R.
- 517-525 Powerlessness, health and mortality: A longitudinal study of older men and mature women
by Seeman, Melvin & Lewis, Susan
- 527-536 Maternal activity budgets: Feasibility of exclusive breastfeeding for six months among urban women in Honduras
by Cohen, Roberta J. & Haddix, Kimber & Hurtado, Elena & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 537-545 Activists and delegators: Elderly patients' preferences about control at the end of life
by Kelner, Merrijoy
- 547-556 Predictors of emergency room use by homeless adults in New York City: The influence of predisposing, enabling and need factors
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Struening, Elmer L. & Andrews, Howard & Pittman, John
- 557-568 Attitudes towards people with HIV: Are they as stigmatizing as people with HIV perceive them to be?
by Green, Gill
- 569-577 Family planning practices and attitudes among former Soviet new immigrant women in Israel
by Remennick, Larissa I. & Amir, Delila & Elimelech, Yuval & Novikov, Yliya
- 579-594 An assessment of research on breastfeeding promotion strategies in developing countries
by Wilmoth, Teresa A. & Elder, John P.
- 595-596 Letter to the editor
by Akalin, Murat Z. & Maine, Deborah
August 1995, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 299-302 Understanding the AIDS epidemic and reacting sensibly to it
by Caldwell, John C.
- 303-315 Stigma, HIV and AIDS: An exploration and elaboration of a stigma trajectory
by Alonzo, Angelo A. & Reynolds, Nancy R.
- 317-332 Exploring the iceberg of morbidity: A comparison of different survey methods for assessing the occurrence of everyday illness
by Kooiker, S. E.
- 333-345 U.S. Apartheid and the spread of AIDS to the suburbs: A multi-city analysis of the political economy of spatial epidemic threshold
by Wallace, Rodrick & Wallace, Deborah
- 347-353 Decisional conflict in general practice: Strategies of patient management
by Di Caccavo, Antonietta & Reid, Fraser
- 355-363 Physician participation in Medicaid managed care
by Silverstein, Gail & Kirkman-Liff, Bradford
- 365-374 Determinants of persistent compliance with screening for colorectal cancer
by Neilson, Aileen R. & Whynes, David K.
- 375-381 Nemawashi essential for conducting research in Japan
by Fetters, Michael D.
- 383-393 Potties, pits and pipes: Explaining hygiene behaviour in Burkina Faso
by Curtis, Valerie & Kanki, Bernadette & Mertens, Thierry & Traore, Etienne & Diallo, Ibrahim & Tall, François & Cousens, Simon
- 395-407 Structural relationships between social support and coping
by Mccoll, Mary Ann & Lei, Hau & Skinner, Harvey
- 409-417 AIDS knowledge and risk behaviors among domestic clients of female sex workers in Bali, Indonesia
by Fajans, Peter & Ford, Kathleen & Wirawan, Dewa Nyoman
- 419-424 Socio-economic differences in smoking: Dutch adolescents' beliefs and behaviour
by De Vries, Hein
- 425-431 Socioeconomic equity in finnish hospital care in relation to need
by Keskimäki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 433-436 Acceptability of prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia (SCA) by female patients and parents of SCA patients in Nigeria
by Durosinmi, M. A. & Odebiyi, A. I. & Adediran, I. A. & Akinola, N. O. & Adegorioye, D. E. & Okunade, M. A.
- 437-446 Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence
by Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark
- 451-451 Letter to the editor
by Kleinman, Arthur
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 151-153 General practice 1995--Caught in the fast lane
by Howie, J. G. R.
- 155-161 A pay-for-performance system for civil service doctors: The Indonesian experiment
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Bayulken, Caroline
- 163-171 Health inequalities in early adulthood: A comparison of young men and women in Britain and Finland
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 173-180 'Doing the right thing': The symbolic meanings and experiences of having an HIV antibody test
by Lupton, Deborah & Mccarthy, Sophie & Chapman, Simon
- 181-195 Living with a chronic illness: Chinese-Canadian and Euro-Canadian women with diabetes--Exploring factors that influence management
by Anderson, J. M. & Wiggins, S. & Rajwani, R. & Holbrook, A. & Blue, C. & Ng, M.
- 197-210 Male gender roles and sexuality: Implications for women's AIDS risk and prevention
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 211-225 Bucking the health establishment: Alexander Milne and the fight for a New Zealand hepatitis B immunization program
by Muraskin, William
- 227-233 Maternal smoking among blacks and whites
by Andreski, Patricia & Breslau, Naomi
- 235-248 Lifestyle, health and social class in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Hendry, Leo & Shucksmith, Janet
- 249-260 The significance of belief and expectancy within the spiritual healing encounter
by Wirth, Daniel P.
- 261-266 Unaccompanied status as a risk factor in Vietnamese Amerasians
by Mckelvey, Robert S. & Webb, John A.
- 267-275 The development of a new methodology to assess perceived needs among indigenous Australians
by Perkins, J. J. & Sanson-Fisher, R. W. & Girgis, A. & Blunden, S. & Lunnay, D.
- 277-284 AIDS in Namibia
by Slotten, Ross A.
July 1995, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-1 120 years old: Why and at what price?
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Bungener, Martine
- 3-11 Geographically-decentralized planning and management in health care: Some informational issues and their implications for efficiency
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John
- 13-24 Contracting out of clinical services in Zimbabwe
by Mcpake, Barbara & Hongoro, Charles
- 25-36 Self-starvation in context: Towards a culturally sensitive understanding of anorexia nervosa
by Lee, Sing
- 37-46 User fees, demand for children's health care and access across income groups: The Philippine case
by Ching, Panfila
- 47-68 Acronyms and effacement: Traditional medical practitioners (TMP) in international health development
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 69-76 Factors affecting couples' adjustment to recurrent breast cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Dorris, Geraldine & Charron-Moore, Carol
- 77-86 Cross cultural communication of tetanus vaccinations in Bolivia
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 87-98 Reconsidering the popularity of primary health centers in India: A case study from rural Maharashtra
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 99-112 Critique of reductionistic models of obsessive-compulsive disorder: Toward a new explanatory paradigm
by Franzblau, Susan H. & Kanadanian, Monique & Rettig, Elizabeth
- 113-121 Abstinence in late adolescence--Antecedents to and covariates of a sober lifestyle and its consequences
by Leifman, H. & Kühlhorn, E. & Allebeck, P. & Andréasson, S. & Romelsjö, A.