Social Science & Medicine
February 1995, Volume 40, Issue 4
February 1995, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 281-284 The epidemiology of functional apartheid and human rights abuses
by Heggenhougen, H. K.
- 285-290 Medical anthropology and epidemiology: Divergences or convergences?
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 291-305 The risk epidemic in medical journals
by Skolbekken, John-Arne
- 307-320 Hidden geographies: The changing lifeworlds of women with multiple sclerosis
by Dyck, Isabel
- 321-329 Ecology and ethnomedicine: Exploring links between current environmental crisis and indigenous medical practices
by Anyinam, Charles
- 331-338 Health policy making: The Dutch experience
by de Leeuw, Evelyne & Polman, Loes
- 339-348 Lifestyle in primary health care discourse
by Johanson, Marita & Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 349-358 The influence of supply-related characteristics on general practitioners' workload
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 359-370 Who says yes? Identifying selection biases in a psychosocial intervention study of multiple sclerosis
by Schwartz, Carolyn E. & Fox, Bernard H.
- 371-377 Deviation from the carrying capacity for physicians and growth rate of physician supply: The Taiwan case
by Chiang, Tung-liang
- 379-392 Causes of delay in seeking treatment for heart attack symptoms
by Dracup, Kathleen & Moser, Debra K. & Eisenberg, Mickey & Meischke, Hendrika & Alonzo, Angelo A. & Braslow, Allan
- 393-407 Access to ambulatory care for American Indians and Alaska Natives; the relative importance of personal and community resources
by Cunningham, Peter J. & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
- 409-415 Psychosocial theory and the creation of the risky self
by Ogden, Jane
January 1995, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 141-146 Letters to Dr Frankenstein? Ethics and the new reproductive technologies
by ten Have, Henk
- 147-161 Social roles and physical health: The case of female disadvantage in poor countries
by Santow, Gigi
- 163-175 Family life and health in adolescence: A role for culture in the health inequalities debate
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick
- 177-188 Variations in poverty and health between slum settlements: Contradictory findings from Visakhapatnam, India
by Asthana, Sheena
- 189-197 Sickness absence for psychiatric illness: The Whitehall II study
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Feeney, Amanda & Head, Jenny & Canner, Robert & North, Fiona & Marmot, Michael
- 199-212 Women's employment, marriage, motherhood and mortality: A test of the multiple role and role accumulation hypotheses
by Martikainen, Pekka
- 213-221 What do general practitioners and their patients want from general practice and are they receiving it? A framework
by Buetow, Stephen A.
- 223-230 The spring peak in suicides: A cross-national analysis
by Chew, Kenneth S. Y. & McCleary, Richard
- 231-243 Content and predictors of consultation experiences among finnish primary care patients
by Punamäki, Raija-Leena & Kokko, Simo J.
- 245-251 Influences on sick building syndrome symptoms in three buildings
by Bachmann, Max O. & Myers, Jonathan E.
- 253-263 Infant mortality and mother's education in Ondo State, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayo
- 265-274 Suntanning and sun protection: A review of the psychological literature
by Arthey, Stephen & Clarke, Valerie A.
- 279-280 Letter to the editor
by Tafesse, Eskinder
January 1995, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-3 Overview: Guilt, blame and shame in sickness
by Finerman, Ruthbeth & Bennett, Linda A.
- 5-13 'Parental incompetence' and 'selective neglect': Blaming the victim in child survival
by Finerman, Ruthbeth
- 15-25 Accountability for alcoholism in American families
by Bennett, Linda A.
- 27-36 Stigma: The hidden burden of infertility
by Whiteford, Linda M. & Gonzalez, Lois
- 37-46 Individual or societal responsibility? Explanations of diabetes in an Anishinaabe (Ojibway) community
by Garro, Linda C.
- 47-53 The political economy of responsibility in health and illness
by Donahue, John M. & McGuire, Meredith B.
- 55-65 Meeting the changing health needs of women in developing countries
by Paolisso, Michael & Leslie, Joanne
- 67-76 Medical students' first-person narratives of a patient's story of AIDS
by Marshall, Patricia A. & O'Keefe, J. Paul
- 77-90 Reversals of fortune? Sex differences in health in childhood and adolescence
by Sweeting, Helen
- 91-103 Psychosocial correlates of drug use among Puerto Rican youth: Generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
- 105-115 Psychosocial stress, women and heart health: A critical review
by Elliott, Susan J.
- 117-124 Continuity and change in reproductive and abortion patterns of Soviet immigrants in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 125-130 Positive life orientation and recovery from myocardial infarction
by Agarwal, Manju & Dalal, A. K. & Agarwal, D. K. & Agarwal, R. K.
- 131-135 Factors affecting non-response to cervical cytology screening in Norfolk, England
by Bentham, Graham & Hinton, Jackie & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew & Bestwick, Chris
December 1994, Volume 39, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Place, space and health
by Picheral, Henri E.
- 1591-1603 Firm behavior in the U.S. market for factor VIII: A need for policy?
by Nauenberg, Eric & Sullivan, Sean D.
- 1605-1613 Social status and the health of families: A model
by Dressler, William W.
- 1615-1622 Sense of coherence, coping and caregiver role overload
by Gallagher, Timothy J. & Wagenfeld, Morton O. & Baro, Franz & Haepers, Kristien
- 1623-1632 QALYs, HYEs and individual preferences-- A graphical illustration
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 1633-1639 Household headship and child nutrition: A case study in Western Kenya
by Onyango, Adelheid & Tucker, Katherine & Eisemon, Thomas
- 1641-1647 Self-medication among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lam, Cindy L. K. & Catarivas, Martine G. & Munro, Clarke & Lauder, Ian J.
- 1649-1656 Sexual behaviour in Kenya: Implications for sexually transmitted disease transmission and control
by Moses, Stephen & Muia, Esther & Bradley, Janet E. & Nagelkerke, Nico J. D. & Ngugi, Elizabeth N. & Njeru, Erastus K. & Eldridge, Gloria & Olenja, Joyce & Wotton, Kay & Plummer, Francis A. & Brunham, Robert C.
- 1657-1665 Changes in active life expectancy in Taiwan: Compression or expansion?
by Tu, Edward Jow-Ching & Chen, Kuanjeng
- 1667-1673 Psychotropic drugs: Long-term use, dependency and the gender factor
by Ettorre, Elizabeth & Klaukka, Timo & Riska, Elianne
- 1675-1679 Stress disorders of families of the disappeared: A controlled study in Honduras
by Quirk, Gregory J. & Casco, Leonel
December 1994, Volume 39, Issue 11
- 1497-1499 The role of the European union in promoting healthy ageing
by Jamieson, Anne
- 1501-1508 The institutionalization of the good death
by McNamara, Beverley & Waddell, Charles & Colvin, Margaret
- 1509-1525 Agenda for an anthropology of pharmaceutical practice
by Nichter, Mark & Vuckovic, Nancy
- 1527-1535 The relationship of alcohol use to sexual activity in a U.S. national sample
by Leigh, Barbara C. & Temple, Mark T. & Trocki, Karen F.
- 1537-1544 Test-retest reliability of health state valuations collected with the EuroQol questionnaire
by van Agt, Heleen M. E. & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & Krabbe, Paul F. M. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 1545-1554 Perceptions of menopause in northeast Thailand: Contested meaning and practice
by Chirawatkul, Siriporn & Manderson, Lenore
- 1555-1563 Psychological well-being of gay men with AIDS: Contribution of positve and negative illness-related network interactions to depressive mood
by Siegel, Karolynn & Raveis, Victoria H. & Karus, Daniel
- 1565-1578 HIV prevention education for lesbians and bisexual women: A cultural analysis of a community intervention
by Stevens, Patricia E.
- 1579-1584 A Dutch view of medical anthropology: Criticisms and suggestions
by Maretzki, Thomas W.
- 1585-1586 Behavioural change amongst drug injectors in Scottish prisons
by Shewan, D. & Gemmell, M. & Davies, J. B.
November 1994, Volume 39, Issue 10
- 1405-1412 Forming and reforming the market for third-party purchasing of health care
by van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T. & Rutten, Frans F.H.
- 1413-1424 On the ideal market structure for third-party purchasing of health care
by Enthoven, Alain C.
- 1425-1432 Forming the system of health insurance in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 1433-1445 Can competition enhance efficiency in health care? Lessons from the reform of the U.K. National Health Service
by Maynard, Alan
- 1447-1457 Reforming the Israeli health care market
by Chinitz, David P.
- 1459-1472 Should catastrophic risks be included in a regulated competitive health insurance market?
by van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Schut, Frederik T.
- 1473-1481 Forming and reforming the market for third-party purchasing of health care: A German perspective
by von der Schulenburg, J.-Matthias Graf
- 1483-1495 The role of the sickness funds in the Belgian health care market
by Nonneman, Walter & van Doorslaer, Eddy
November 1994, Volume 39, Issue 9
- 1125-1131 Beyond the orthodox: Heresy in medicine and social science
by Gillett, Grant
- 1133-1148 The dynamics of heresy in a profession
by Wolpe, Paul Root
- 1149-1154 The cultural and philosophical foundations of normative medical ethics
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 1155-1164 The forms and limits of medical ethics
by Hoffmaster, Barry
- 1165-1179 Violence against women: A neglected public health issue in less developed countries
by Heise, Lori L. & Raikes, Alanagh & Watts, Charlotte H. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1181-1188 Domestic violence--An emerging health issue
by Kornblit, Ana Lia
- 1189-1201 Efficiency and equity implications of the health care reforms
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
- 1203-1210 Equity and efficiency in health reform. A European view
by VÅgerö, Denny
- 1211-1220 The sociology of entrenchment: A cystic fibrosis test for everyone?
by Koch, Lene & Stemerding, Dirk
- 1221-1227 Mapping the human genome--Friend or foe?
by McLean, Sheila A. M.
- 1229-1235 Ethnological studies of medical sciences
by MacCormack, Carol
- 1237-1247 Gender inequalities of health in the third world
by Okojie, Christiana E. E.
- 1249-1259 Gender inequalities in health in the third world: Uncharted ground
by Vlassoff, Carol
- 1261-1274 Health and human rights: The challenge for developing countries
by Dujardin, Bruno
- 1275-1286 Drugs, sex and social science: Social science research and health policy in Australia
by Manderson, Lenore
- 1287-1293 The impact of social science research on health policy
by Orosz, Eva
- 1295-1302 Policy implications of differential health status in East and West Europe. The case of Hungary
by Makara, Peter
- 1303-1314 From population control to reproductive health: An emerging policy agenda
by Lane, Sandra D.
- 1315-1321 The role of the state in health systems
by Belmartino, Susana
- 1323-1338 The social impact of aging populations: Some major issues
by Restrepo, Helena E. & Rozental, Manuel
- 1339-1358 Stigmatization, scapegoating and discrimination in sexually transmitted diseases: Overcoming 'them' and 'us'
by Gilmore, Norbert & Somerville, Margaret A.
- 1359-1366 Stigmatization and AIDS: Critical issues in public health
by Goldin, Carol S.
- 1367-1373 Social science education as a component of medical training
by MacLeod, S. M. & McCullough, H. N.
- 1375-1384 Health delivery standards: Vested interests in health planning
by Mburu, F. M.
- 1385-1393 Planning in the health sector: For whom, by whom?
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 1395-1403 What is needed to claim adequacy in health services?
by Falck, Hans S.
October 1994, Volume 39, Issue 8
- 1011-1014 Experimental treatment, values and rationing
by Lie, Reidar K.
- 1015-1025 Contradictions in women's health care provision: A case study of attendance for breast cancer screening
by Ross, Nancy A. & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Pross, Diane C. & Bass, Brenda
- 1027-1035 Primary health care in Zimbabwe: Can it survive?: An exploration of the political and historical developments affecting the implementation of PHC
by Woelk, Godfrey B.
- 1037-1050 Patterns of class inequality in health through the lifespan: Class gradients at 15, 35 and 55 years in the west of Scotland
by Ford, Graeme & Ecob, Russell & Hunt, Kate & Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 1051-1062 Will AIDS be contained within U.S. minority urban populations?
by Wallace, Rodrick & Fullilove, Mindy & Fullilove, Robert & Gould, Peter & Wallace, Deborah
- 1063-1068 Perceptions and treatment of intestinal worms in rural Bangladesh: Local differences in knowledge and behaviour
by Rousham, E.K.
- 1069-1076 A comparative study of patient satisfaction with health care in Japan and the United States
by Kurata, John H. & Watanabe, Yoshiyuki & McBride, Christine & Kawai, Keiichi & Andersen, Ronald
- 1077-1082 Traditional uvulectomy in Niger: A public health problem?
by Prual, Alain & Gamatie, Youssouf & Djakounda, Mariama & Huguet, Dominique
- 1083-1091 Health or healthy: Why people are not sick in a Southern Ontarian town
by Litva, Andrea & Eyles, John
- 1093-1104 Psychosocial effects of PCB contamination and remediation: The case of Smithville, Ontario
by Dunn, James R. & Taylor, S.Martin & Elliott, Susan J. & Walter, Stephen D.
- 1105-1115 User charges for rural health services in Papua New Guinea
by Thomason, Jane & Mulou, Navy & Bass, Caroline
- 1121-1121 Letter to the editor
by George, Sabu M.
October 1994, Volume 39, Issue 7
- 883-885 Whither community health workers in the age of structural adjustment?
by Mburu, F.M.
- 887-903 Epidemiology and the web of causation: Has anyone seen the spider?
by Krieger, Nancy
- 905-917 The social impact of HIV/AIDS in developing countries
by Danziger, Renee
- 919-929 AIDS and women in Brazil: The emerging problem
by Goldstein, Donna M.
- 931-948 Aids and the health crisis of the U.S. urban poor; the perspective of critical medical anthropology
by Singer, Merrill
- 949-954 Subject, project or self? Thoughts on ethical dilemmas for social and medical researchers
by Batchelor, Jane A. & Briggs, Catherine M.
- 955-965 Multi-dimensional interaction analysis: A collaborative approach to the study of medical discourse
by Charon, Rita & Greene, Michele G. & Adelman, Ronald D.
- 967-981 The end of the second most expensive health care system in the world: Some geographical implications
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & James, Amanda
- 983-990 Self-rated health revisited: Exploring survey interview episodes with elderly respondents
by Jylhä, Marja
- 991-1003 An essay:: AIDS and the social body
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 1009-1009 Letter to the editor
by Fieldman, Ernest H.
September 1994, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 755-756 The social responsibility of social scientists
by Mutatkar, R.K.
- 757-766 Poisoned landscapes: The epidemiology of environmental lead exposure in Massachusetts children 1990-1991
by Bailey, Adrian J. & Sargent, James D. & Goodman, David C. & Freeman, Jean & Brown, Mary Jean
- 767-780 Community satisfaction with primary health care services: An evaluation undertaken in the Morogoro region of Tanzania
by Gilson, Lucy & Alilio, Martin & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 781-787 Interpersonal conflict and physical violence during the childbearing year
by Gielen, Andrea Carlson & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Faden, Ruth R. & Kass, Nancy E. & Xue, Xiaonan
- 789-796 Consequences of mental distress recognition in general practice in Italy: A follow-up study
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Laviola, Franca & Sternai, Elena & Terzian, Emanuela & Tognoni, Gianni
- 797-806 Reported and actual prescription of oral rehydration therapy for childhood diarrhoeas by retail pharmacists in Nigeria
by Igun, U.A.
- 807-813 Endemic fluorosis: An analysis of needs and possibilities based on case studies in Kenya
by Mwaniki, D.L. & Courtney, J.M. & Gaylor, J.D.
- 815-822 Urban-rural and regional differences in infant mortality in Taiwan
by Knöbel, Harald H. & Yang, Wen-Shan & Ho, Mei-Shang
- 823-831 Indirect estimates of 'hidden' populations: Capture-recapture methods to estimate the numbers of heroin users in the Australian capital territory
by Larson, Ann & Stevens, Adele & Wardlaw, Grant
- 833-840 A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down? Perspectives on the use of sugar in children's medicines
by Manley, M.C.G. & Calnan, M. & Sheiham, A.
- 841-849 A survey of physician beliefs and self-reported practices concerning screening for early detection of cancer
by Clasen, Carla M. & Vernon, Sally W. & Mullen, Patricia D. & Jackson, Gilchrist L.
- 851-860 The relationship between infants' preceding appetite, illness, and growth performance and mothers' subsequent feeding practice decisions
by Piwoz, Ellen G. & Black, Robert E. & Lopez de Romaña, Guillermo & Creed de Kanashiro, Hilary & Brown, Kenneth H.
- 861-870 The health card insurance scheme in Burundi: A social asset or a non-viable venture?
by Arhin, Dyna C.
- 871-873 Beyond the anglophone world: Regular and alternative medicine: The state of affairs in the Netherlands
by Menges, Louwrens J.
- 881-881 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
September 1994, Volume 39, Issue 5
- 603-606 Interrogating the Human Diversity Genome Project
by Lock, Margaret
- 607-620 The Italian fight against world hunger. A critical analysis of Italian aid for development in the 1980s
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael R.
- 621-628 Agency relationships in psychotherapy: An economic analysis
by Zweifel, Peter
- 629-645 Control, culture and chronic pain
by Bates, Maryann S. & Rankin-Hill, Lesley
- 647-654 Euthanasia: Why people want to die earlier
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 655-670 Patient views on quality care in general practice: Literature review
by Lewis, J.Rees
- 671-686 Ethnography, epidemiology and infertility in Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C. & Buss, Kimberly A.
- 687-699 Equity and the utilization of health services: Report of an eight-province survey in China
by Henderson, Gail & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Shuigao, Jin & Haijiang, Ma & Keyou, Ge
- 701-713 Profession and life: Separate worlds
by Thornquist, Eline
- 715-725 Explaining health and illness: Lay perceptions on current and future health, the causes of illness, and the nature of recovery
by Furnham, Adrian
- 727-732 Christ as a pharmacist: Medical symbols in German devotion
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 733-741 Self-care and mastery among primary health care patients
by Punamäki, Raija-Leena & Aschan, Hanna
August 1994, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 455-458 Primary health care and the hospital: Incompatible organisational concepts?
by Malcolm, Laurence
- 459-461 Interpreting infertility: Medical anthropological perspectives : Introduction
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 463-474 Plundered kitchens and empty wombs: Fear of infertility in the Cameroonian Grassfields
by Feldman-Savelsberg, Pamela
- 475-485 The social construction of infertility: The case of the matrilineal Nayars in South India
by Neff, Deborah L.
- 487-505 Kabsa (a.k.a. mushahara) and threatened fertility in Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 507-518 'Born to be a mother': The cultural construction of risk in infertility treatment in the U.S
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 519-526 Explanatory models for cancer among African-American women at two Atlanta neighborhood health centers: The implications for a cancer screening program
by Gregg, Jessica & Curry, Robert H.
- 527-536 Immunization programs and their costs
by Brenzel, Logan & Claquin, Pierre
- 537-541 Socio-cultural dimensions of leprosy in North-Western Botswana
by Kumaresan, J. A. & Maganu, E. T.
- 543-551 The psychosocial impact of implementing a mammography screening campaign in an Australian community
by Turnbull, Deborah & Irwig, Les & Simpson, Judy M. & Donnelly, Neil
- 553-562 The importance of childhood socio-economic group for adult health
by Nyström Peck, Maria
- 563-572 Social-psychological factors affecting help-seeking for emotional problems
by Rickwood, D. J. & Braithwaite, V. A.
- 573-581 Prediction of handicap and emotional distress in patients with recurrent vertigo: Symptoms, coping strategies, control beliefs and reciprocal causation
by Yardley, Lucy
- 583-590 Negative affectivity and intellectual ability: A study of their relation to self-reported physical symptoms, perceived daily stress and mood, and disciplinary problems in military recruits
by Vassend, Olav & Watten, Reidulf & Myhrer, Trond & Syvertsen, Jon Lars
- 591-597 What is a chronic disease? The effects of a re-definition in HIV and AIDS
by Clarke, Aileen
August 1994, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 305-306 Pharmaceutical health promotion: A new concept in therapeutics
by Mant, Andrea
- 307-321 Integrating traditional medicine into modern health care systems: Examining the role of Chinese medicine in Taiwan
by Chi, Chunhuei
- 323-333 A socioeconomic, clinical and serological study in an African City of prostitutes and women still married to their first husband
by Duncan, M. E. & Tibaux, G. & Pelzer, A. & Mehari, L. & Peutherer, J. & Young, H. & Jamil, Y. & Darougar, S. & Piot, P. & Roggen, E.
- 335-344 Community and participation for general practice: Perceptions of general practitioners and community nurses
by Brown, Ian
- 345-354 The influence of reproductive status on rural Kenyan women's time use
by Baksh, Michael & Neumann, Charlotte G. & Paolisso, Michael & Trostle, Richard M. & Jansen, A. A. J.
- 355-360 Women's health and the privatization of fertility control in Brazil
by Giffin, Karen
- 361-366 Social patterning of medical mortality in youth and early adulthood
by Blane, D. & Bartley, M. & Smith, G. Davey & Filakti, H. & Bethune, A. & Harding, S.
- 367-374 Accounting for medical variation: The case of prescribing activity in a New Zealand general practice sample
by Davis, Peter B. & Yee, Roy Lay & Millar, John
- 375-379 Symptoms, health and illness behaviour in cystic fibrosis
by Brown, C. & Rowley, S. & Helms, P.
- 381-390 Determinants of compliance with iron supplementation: Supplies, side effects, or psychology?
by Galloway, Rae & McGuire, Judith
- 391-400 Living a responsible life: The impact of AIDS on the social indentity of intravenous drug users
by Hassin, Jeanette
- 401-406 A comparison of chamba (marijuana) abusers and general psychiatric admissions in Malawi
by Carr, Stuart & Ager, Alastair & Nyando, Clifford & Moyo, Kamwadi & Titeca, Annette & Wilkinson, Maureen
- 407-413 Disadvantage in physically disabled adults: An assessment of the causation and selection hypotheses
by Shaar, K. H. & McCarthy, M. & Meshefedjian, G.
- 415-424 The use of depth interviewing with vulnerable subjects: Lessons from a research study of parents with learning difficulties
by Booth, Tim & Booth, Wendy
- 425-432 An analysis of home-cased oral rehydration therapy in the Kingdom of Lesotho
by Touchette, Paul & Douglass, Edward & Graeff, Judith & Monoang, Ivy & Mathe, Mannuku & Deke, Lisa Ware
- 433-447 The questionable wisdom of a low-fat diet and cholesterol reduction
by Atrens, Dale M.
- 453-454 Letter to the editor
by Troutman, Beth & Bubrick, Jerome
July 1994, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 151-154 Editorial : What else do we want from our health services?
by Mooney, Gavin
- 155-164 Effects of illness attribution and depression on the quality of life among persons with serious mental illness
by Mechanic, David & McAlpine, Donna & Rosenfield, Sarah & Davis, Diane
- 165-178 The evangelical uses of leprosy
by Smith Kipp, Rita
- 179-187 Violence in American cities: Young black males in the answer, but what was the question?
by Greenberg, Michael & Schneider, Dona
- 189-199 Britain's regional mortality: A legacy from disaster in the celtic periphery?
by Williams, Rory
- 201-206 Donated blood--Gift or commodity?: Some economic and ethical considerations on voluntary vs commercial donation of blood
by von Schubert, Hartwig
- 207-212 When topical hydrocortisone became an OTC drug in Sweden--A study of the users and their information sources
by Brånstad, Jan-Olof & Kamil, Ismail & Lilja, John & Sjöblom, Magnus
- 213-220 Multidimensional health locus of control beliefs and psychological health for a sample of mothers
by Raja, Shyamala Nada & Williams, Sheila & McGee, Rob
- 221-232 The impact of working with people with HIV/AIDS: A review of the literature
by Barbour, Rosaline S.
- 233-245 Urbanization and mental health in developing countries: A research role for social scientists, public health professionals and social psychiatrists
by Harpham, Trudy
- 247-254 A model for community involvement in health (CIH) program development
by Hildebrandt, Eugenie
- 255-263 Attributional analysis of interprofessional role conflict
by Curtis, Kathleen A.
- 265-277 Elderly support in rural and suburban villages: Implications for future support system in China
by Shi, Leiyu
- 279-289 Relationship between preferences for decisional control and illness information among women with breast cancer: A quantitative and qualitative analysis
by Hack, Thomas F. & Degner, Lesley F. & Dyck, Dennis G.
- 291-297 The choice of dental care sector by young adults before and after subsidisation reform in Finland
by Arinen, Sirkka-Sisko & Sintonen, Harri
July 1994, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-5 Medical praxis: An interface between ethics, politics, and technology
by Lolas, Fernando
- 7-21 Cost utility analysis: What should be measured?
by Richardson, J.
- 23-38 General practitioner distribution and population dynamics: Munich, 1950-1990
by Shannon, Gary W. & Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 39-52 Innovation in high risk drug therapy
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 53-62 Community social change and mortality
by Lasker, Judith N. & Egolf, Brenda P. & Wolf, Stewart
- 63-75 Seasonal variation in the perceived risk of malaria: Implications for the promotion of insecticide-impregnated bed nets
by Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lwihula, G. K. & Lubega, P. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J.
- 77-83 Self-rated health: Biological continuum or social discontinuity?
by Smith, Anthony M. A. & Shelley, Julia M. & Dennerstein, Lorraine
- 85-93 The social organization of transvestite prostitution and AIDS
by Boles, Jacqueline & Elifson, Kirk W.