Social Science & Medicine
1991, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1029-1036 Treating psychiatric disorders among Mien refugees from highland Laos
by Moore, Laurie J. & Boehnlein, James K.
- 1037-1050 HIV, heroin and heterosexual relations
by Kane, Stephanie
- 1051-1056 Interpersonal conflicts at work and psychosocial characteristics of employees
by Appelberg, Kirsi & Romanov, Kalle & Honkasalo, Marja-Liisa & Koskenvuo, Markku
- 1057-1061 The effect of a household partner and home urine monitoring on adherence to a sodium restricted diet
by Cohen, Stuart J. & Weinberger, Myron H. & Fineberg, Naomi S. & Miller, Judy Z. & Grim, Clarence E. & Luft, Friedrich C.
- 1063-1066 Ethnic differences in the experience of pain
by Thomas, V.J. & Rose, F.D.
- 1067-1073 Adult leukemia and farm practices: An alternative approach for assessing geographical pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 853-866 Bringing social structure back into clinical decision making
by Clark, Jack A. & Potter, Deborah A. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 The decontextualization of mental illness: The portrayal of work in psychiatric drug advertisements
by Kleinman, Daniel Lee & Cohen, Lawrence Jack
- 875-885 Ambiguous responsibility in the doctor-patient relationship: The case of infertility
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 887-898 The use of national sample surveys for nutritional surveillance: Lessons from Malawi's national sample survey of agriculture
by Pelletier, David L. & Msukwa, Louis A. H.
- 899-908 Measuring health lifestyles in a comparative analysis: Theoretical issues and empirical findings
by Abel, Thomas
- 909-915 Rapid appraisal in an urban setting, an example from the developed world
by Ong, Bie Nio & Humphris, Gerry & Annett, Hugh & Rifkin, Susan
- 917-930 Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about HIV infection and AIDS among healthy factory workers and their wives, Kinshasa, Zaire
by Irwin, Kathleen & Bertrand, Jane & Mibandumba, Ndilu & Mbuyi, Kashama & Muremeri, Chirezi & Mukoka, Makolo & Munkolenkole, Kamenga & Nzilambi, Nzila & Bosenge, Ngaly & Ryder, Robert & Peterson, Herbert & Lee, Nancy C. & Wingo, Phyllis & O'Reilly, Kevin & Rufo, Kathy
- 931-942 A structural analysis of physician-midwife interaction in an obstetrical training program
by Graham, Susan Brandt
- 943-952 Communication and awareness about death: A study of a random sample of dying people
by Seale, Clive
- 953-957 A survey of the cervical screening service in a London district, including reasons for non-attendance, ethnic responses and views on the quality of the service
by Doyle, Yvonne
- 959-961 Women's health education in rural Bangladesh
by Sloss, Laura J. & Munier, Ahmed
1991, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 745-755 Politics, power and poverty: Health for all in 2000 in the Third World?
by Green, Reginald Herbold
- 757-765 Narrative analysis: A method of psychosocial research for AIDS-affected people
by Viney, Linda L. & Bousfield, Lynne
- 767-771 Age and the operationalization of social support
by Olsen, Ole & Iversen, Lars & Sabroe, Svend
- 773-781 The role of public values in setting health care priorities
by Hadorn, David C.
- 783-791 AIDS prevention and sexual liberalization in Great Britain
by Mittag, Helga
- 793-804 Why is health relatively poor on Sri Lanka's tea estates?
by Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 805-811 Effect of domestic and occupational roles on morbidity and mortality
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 813-818 Factors affecting treatment decisions for a life-threatening illness: The case of medical treatment of breast cancer
by Siminoff, L. A. & Fetting, J. H.
- 819-830 The social context of occupational stress in a caring profession
by Handy, Jocelyn A.
- 831-836 Racial inequalities in childhood asthma
by Mitchell, E. A.
- 837-846 Smoking and sedentary behavior as related to work organization
by Johansson, Gunn & Johnson, Jeffrey V. & Hall, Ellen M.
- 847-852 Traveling waves of HIV infection on a low dimensional 'socio-geographic' network
by Wallace, Rodrick
1991, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 627-632 Satisfaction with communication, medical knowledge, and coping style in patients with metastatic cancer
by Steptoe, Andrew & Sutcliffe, Ian & Allen, Bryony & Coombes, Charles
- 633-642 Community oriented primary care: Origins, evolution, applications
by Tollman, Stephen
- 643-648 The constitution of physicians' power: A theoretical framework for comparative analysis
by Duran-Arenas, Luis & Kennedy, Michael
- 649-665 Aging and disability in China: Cultural issues in measurement and interpretation
by Ikels, Charlotte
- 667-675 Is growth monitoring worthwhile? An evaluation of its use in three child health programmes in Zaire
by Gerein, Nancy M. & Ross, David A.
- 677-681 The impact of who you know and where you live on opinions about aids and health care
by Gerbert, Barbara & Sumser, John & Maguire, Bryan T.
- 683-688 The HIV test and sexual behaviour in a sample of homosexually active men
by Dawson, Jill & Fitzpatrick, Ray & McLean, John & Hart, Graham & Boulton, Mary
- 689-696 Patterns of diet related self-care in diabetes
by Maclean, Heather M.
- 697-704 Role retention and quality of life of bone marrow transplant survivors
by Baker, Frank & Curbow, Barbara & Wingard, John R.
- 705-714 The MOS social support survey
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald & Stewart, Anita L.
- 715-723 Delayed antenatal care: Does it effect pregnancy outcome?
by Thomas, Peter & Golding, Jean & Peters, Tim J.
- 725-731 Communicating probabilistic information to cancer patients: Is there 'noise' on the line?
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Tritchler, D. L. & Sem, F. & Brooks, L. & Till, J. E.
- 733-741 A test of an expanded theory of reasoned action to predict mammography participation
by Montano, Daniel E. & Taplin, Stephen H.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 525-534 Performance and state changes during the menstrual cycle, conceptualised within a broad band testing framework
by Ussher, J. M. & Wilding, J. M.
- 535-539 The male street prostitute: A vector for transmission of HIV infection into the heterosexual world
by Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Osofsky, Howard J. & Balson, Paul M. & Gaumer, H. Richard
- 541-548 Information-giving in medical consultations: The influence of patients' communicative styles and personal characteristics
by Street, Richard L.
- 549-552 A dialogue between practitioners of alternative (traditional) medicine and modern (western) medicine in Norway
by Christie, Vigdis Moe
- 553-558 Nurse appraisal systems: Characteristics and effectiveness
by Cardy, Robert L. & Korodi, Cathy
- 559-563 Ethics and the care of persons with Bell's palsy
by Erde, Edmund L. & Eden, Avrim R.
- 565-577 Health care provision and distributive justice: End stage renal disease and the elderly in Britain and America
by Gill, Derek G. & Ingman, Stanley R. & Campbell, James
- 579-590 Gender differences in health related behaviour: Some unanswered questions
by Kandrack, Mary-Anne & Grant, Karen R. & Segall, Alexander
- 591-599 Whose side are we on now? Ethical issues in social research and medical practice
by Lawson, Annette
- 601-612 Pilgrimage of pain: The illness experiences of women with repetition strain injury and the search for credibility
by Reid, Janice & Ewan, Christine & Lowy, Eva
- 613-618 An alternative to unattended delivery--A training programme for village midwives in Papua New Guinea
by Alto, William A. & Albu, Ruth E. & Irabo, Garabinu
- 619-622 Who stopped smoking?--Results from a panel survey of living conditions in Sweden
by Lundberg, O. & Rosén, B. & Rosén, M.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 359-365 Contextual variations in the meaning of health inequality
by Illsley, Raymond & Baker, Deborah
- 367-371 Inequality in health--Some theoretical and empirical problems
by Vågerö, Denny
- 373-384 Rethinking the health selection explanation for health inequalities
by West, Patrick
- 385-393 Causal explanations for class inequality in health--An empirical analysis
by Lundberg, Olle
- 395-402 Lack of class variation in health in adolescence: An artefact of an occupational measure of social class?
by Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 403-410 Socio-economic differences in mortality among children. Do they persist into adulthood?
by Östberg, Viveca & Vågerö, Denny
- 411-417 Social and economic background and class inequalities in health among young adults
by Power, Chris
- 419-423 Long-term unemployment and mortality in Sweden, 1980-1986
by Stefansson, Claes-Göran
- 425-436 Class, paid employment and family roles: Making sense of structural disadvantage, gender and health status
by Arber, Sara
- 437-440 Mortality among the elderly in Sweden by social class
by Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 441-448 Managing medicine: A response to the 'crisis'
by Hunter, David J.
- 449-454 Tranquillisers and health care in crisis
by Gabe, Jonathan & Bury, Michael
- 455-464 The increasing number of very old people will change the Swedish model of the welfare state
by Thorslund, Mats
- 465-471 Advertising for psychotropic drugs in the Nordic countries: Metaphors, gender and life situations
by Riska, Elianne & Hägglund, Ulrica
- 473-481 Towards a Swedish health policy for the 1990s: Planned markets and public firms
by von Otter, Casten & Saltman, Richard B.
- 483-489 Community versus hospital care: The crisis in psychiatric provision
by Prior, Lindsay
- 491-497 The service system at the crossroad of demography and policy making-- Implications for the elderly
by Andersson, Lars
- 499-506 A 'crisis' of closure and openness: The present state of the Swedish mental health system in the light of a policy of sectorisation
by Goldie, Nigel & Fredén, Lars
- 507-515 The informal sector of welfare: A crisis in caring?
by Graham, Hilary
- 517-524 Disablement and the ideological crisis in health care
by Williams, Gareth H.
- v-vii Guest editorial
by Vågerö, Denny & Hunter, David J.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 241-247 The mental health of women 6 months after they give birth to an unwanted baby: A longitudinal study
by Najman, J. M. & Morrison, J. & Williams, G. & Andersen, M. & Keeping, J. D.
- 249-259 Can intensive campaigns dynamize front line health services? The evaluation of an immunization campaign in thiès health district, Senegal
by Unger, J. -P.
- 261-266 The persistence of Chinese medicine: Adjustment and diversity
by Ooi, G. L.
- 267-272 Handicaps physiques, pratiques economiques et strategies matrimoniales au Senegal
by Fassin, Didier
- 273-278 Screening couples for parenthood by donor insemination
by Humphrey, Michael & Humphrey, Heather & Ainsworth-Smith, Ian
- 279-286 Confidentiality for whom?
by Robinson, Ian
- 287-294 Dental decisionmaking and variation in dentist service rates
by Grembowski, David & Milgrom, Peter & Fiset, Louis
- 295-304 Grief resolution among the bereaved in hospice and hospital wards
by Ransford, H. Edward & Smith, M. Lorraine
- 305-309 Morbidity in Swedish farmers, 1978-1983, according to national hospital records
by Thelin, Anders
- 311-320 Prediction of motivation and behavior change following health promotion: Role of health beliefs, social support, and self-efficacy
by Kelly, Robert B. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Alemagno, Sonia A.
- 321-326 The public prestige of medical specialties: Overviews and undercurrents
by Rosoff, Stephen M. & Leone, Matthew C.
- 327-332 The influence of medical school clinical experiences on career preferences: A multidimensional perspective
by Brooks, Charles H.
- 333-342 The research imperative and bureaucratic control: The case of clinical research
by Hall, David
- 343-347 Duration and correlates of post-partum abstinence in four sites in Zaire
by Hassig, Susan E. & Bertrand, Jane T. & Djunghu, Balowa & Kinzoni, Minuku & Mangani, Nlandu
- 349-351 Sociocultural aspects of menstrual attitudes and premenstrual experiences in India
by Chaturvedi, Santosh K. & Chandra, Prabha S.
- 353-354 The beginning of the pain centres in France
by Hekster, G. B.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 117-126 The quest for wholeness: Health care strategies among the residents of council-built hostels in cape town
by Heap, Marion & Ramphele, Mamphela
- 127-140 Women and depression: A Durkheimian perspective
by Schwartz, Sharon
- 141-146 The Tromsø study: Predictors of self-evaluated health--Has society adopted the expanded health concept?
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Førde, Olav Helge
- 147-152 A comparison of hospice and conventional care
by Seale, Clive
- 153-157 The management of confidentiality in general medical practice: A comparative study in the U.S.A. and the Netherlands
by Lako, C.J. & Lindenthal, J.J.
- 159-165 Distribution and performance of rural health workers in Papua New Guinea
by Thomason, Jane A. & Kolehmainen-Aitken, Riitta-Liisa
- 167-174 Overconfidence among physicians and nurses: The 'micro-certainty, macro-uncertainty' phenomenon
by Baumann, Andrea O. & Deber, Raisa B. & Thompson, Gail G.
- 175-191 Traditional perceptions of marasmus in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S.
- 193-196 The understanding of common health terms by doctors, nurses and patients
by Hadlow, Jan & Pitts, Marian
- 197-201 Determinants of mental illness in a rural Ethiopian adult population
by Tafari, Solomon & Aboud, Frances E. & Larson, Charles P.
- 203-209 Attitudes of rural people in central Ethiopia toward epilepsy
by Tekle-Haimanot, Redda & Abebe, Mekonnen & Forsgren, Lars & Gebre-Mariam, Ayele & Heijbel, Jan & Holmgren, Gösta & Ekstedt, Jan
- 211-219 Analysing morbidity determination with flawed data: The case of dysentery in regional India
by Beenstock, Michael & Sturdy, Patricia
- 221-228 Adolescents' perceptions of risk for HIV infection: Implications for future research
by Strunin, Lee
- 229-232 Dental students' treatment of anxious patients
by O'Shea, Robert M. & Mendola, Pauline & Corah, Norman L.
- 237-237 Letter to the editor
by Philippe Rushton, J.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-10 Pioneer medical missions in colonial Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 11-14 Imperialism, colonialism and the new science of nutrition: The Tanganyika experience, 1925-1945
by Little, Marilyn
- 15-27 Sickness absence and work strain among Danish slaughterhouse workers: An analysis of absence from work regarded as coping behaviour
by Kristensen, Tage S.
- 29-34 Children who cross cultures
by Öry, FerkóG. & Simons, Marjanne & Verhulst, Frank C. & Leenders, Frans R. H. & Wolters, Willem H. G.
- 35-42 Patients' willingness to enter clinical trials: Measuring the association with perceived benefit and preference for decision participation
by Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A. & McGreal, M. J. & Thiel, E. C. & Fine, S. & Erlichman, C.
- 43-49 Health service resources as determinants of infant death in rural Bangladesh: An empirical study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 51-57 Library services for primary health care
by Weitzel, Rolf
- 59-64 Public knowledge of thalassemia in Greece and current concepts of the social status of the thalassemic patients
by Politis, Constantina & Richardson, Clive & Yfantopoulos, John G.
- 65-70 Multidisciplinary co-operation in primary care for asthmatic children
by Mesters, Ilse & Meertens, Ree & Mosterd, Neeltje
- 71-76 Experience and preparation of community nursing staff for work associated with HIV infection and AIDS
by Bond, Senga & Rhodes, Tim & Philips, Peter & Setters, Jo & Foy, Chris & Bond, John
- 77-81 Factors influencing professional home care utilization among the elderly
by Kempen, G. I. J. M. & Suurmeijer, TH. P. B. M.
- 83-87 Need satisfaction in terminal care settings
by Dawson, Norma Jean
- 89-94 Patient compliance--Whose responsibility?
by Ross, Fiona M.
- 95-102 Family relationships in two types of terminal care
by Birenbaum, Linda K. & Robinson, Michaelle Ann
- 103-106 Epidemiology and the new public health; Implications for training
by Bruce, N. G.
- 107-108 Comparative perspectives in biopsychosocial health. Report on a symposium
by Lolas, Fernando & Hentschel, Uwe & Hahn, Peter
- 109-110 Soviet medicine in the era of 'Perestroyka'--Some notes on the Siberian conference on human health as an indicator of social development
by Firkowska-Mankiewicz, Anna
1990, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1287-1293 Economic appraisal of new technology in the absence of survival data--The case of total hip replacement
by Daellenbach, H. G. & Gillespie, W. J. & Crosbie, P. & Daellenbach, U. S.
- 1295-1299 Cultural consultation for cancer: Astrocytoma in a Cambodian adolescent
by Eisenbruch, Maurice & Handelman, Lauren
- 1301-1311 The structure of a factory closure: Individual responses to job-loss and unemployment in a 10-year controlled follow-up study
by Westin, Steinar
- 1313-1319 Adverse effects of acculturation: Psychological distress among Mexican American young adults
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Marks, Gary
- 1321-1326 A test of the relationship between race, socioeconomic status, and psychological distress
by Cockerham, William C.
- 1327-1336 Practice guidelines and professional autonomy in a universal health insurance system: The case of tissue plasminogen activator in Ontario
by Naylor, C. David & Hollenberg, A. Andrew
- 1337-1345 Sensitivity to patient's psychosocial concerns: Relationships among ratings by primary care and traditional internal medicine house officers and patient self-assessments
by Mullan, Patricia B. & Stross, Jeoffrey K.
- 1347-1363 Producing health, consuming health care
by Evans, Robert G. & Stoddart, Gregory L.
- 1365-1375 Changes in breast-feeding in the Philippines, 1973-1983
by Guilkey, David K. & Popkin, Barry M. & Flieger, Wilhelm & Akin, John S.
- 1377-1385 Perceptions and behaviour among elderly hospital patients: Description and explanation of age differences in satisfaction, knowledge, emotions and behaviour
by Breemhaar, B. & Visser, A. Ph. & Kleijnen, J. G. V. M.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1191-1200 Apartheid, stress and illness: The demographic context of distress reported by South African Africans
by Turton, Raistrick William & Chalmers, Beverly E.
- 1201-1206 Valuation of health states by the general public: Feasibility of a standardized measurement procedure
by Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & Bonsel, Gouke J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 1207-1211 Cost and output of mobile clinics in a commercial farming area in Zimbabwe
by Vos, J. & Borgdorff, M. W. & Kachidza, E. G.
- 1213-1217 Winter-summer differences in the effects of emotion, posture and place of measurement on blood pressure
by James, Gary D. & Yee, Lily S. & Pickering, Thomas G.
- 1219-1227 Roots of increased health care inequality in New York
by Wallace, Deborah
- 1229-1232 Correlates of willingness to consider organ donation among blacks
by Creecy, Robert F. & Wright, Roosevelt
- 1233-1238 Changing water-use patterns in a water-poor area: Lessons for a trachoma intervention project
by McCauley, Ann P. & Lynch, Matthew & Pounds, Moses B. & West, Sheila
- 1239-1243 The evolution of antihypertensive therapy
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Wilson, Nicholas
- 1245-1249 Determinants of mothers' treatment of diarrhea in rural Ethiopia
by Olango, Petros & Aboud, Frances
- 1251-1256 Estimates of psychological distress among Vietnamese refugees: Adolescents, unaccompanied minors and young adults
by Kirk Felsman, J. & Leong, Frederick T. L. & Johnson, Mark C. & Crabtree Felsman, Irene
- 1257-1263 Drug makers and drug regulators: Too close for comfort. A study of the Canadian situation
by Lexchin, Joel
- 1265-1270 Childhood vaccination in a squatter area of Manila: Coverage and providers
by Auer, Christian & Tanner, Marcel
- 1271-1275 Smoking behaviour among pregnant women prior to antenatal care registration
by Cnattingius, Sven & Thorslund, Mats
- 1277-1280 Pharmaceutical service delivery by community pharmacies in areas of contrasting medical provision
by Mukerjee, D. & Blane, D. B.
- 1281-1283 Evaluating health related quality of life: An indifference curve interpretation for the time trade-off technique
by Mehrez, Abraham & Gafni, Amiram
1990, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1075-1084 State violence and health in Nigeria
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 1085-1092 Ambulatory medical care for the elderly in Switzerland
by Jeangros, Claudine & Hausser, Dominique & Martin, Jean
- 1093-1102 Within and without: Images of community and implications for South African psychology
by Butchart, Alex & Seedat, Mohamed
- 1103-1118 Regulation, retrenchment-- The DRG experience: Problems from changing reimbursemwnt practice
by Greer Gay, E. & Kronenfeld, Jennie J.
- 1119-1125 Injections: A fatal attraction?
by Reeler, Anne Vibeke
- 1127-1134 Low status control, high effort at work and ischemic heart disease: Prospective evidence from blue-collar men
by Siegrist, Johannes & Peter, Richard & Junge, Astrid & Cremer, Peter & Seidel, Dieter
- 1135-1141 Knowledge and attitude change as predictors of metabolic improvement in diabetes education
by Dunn, Stewart M. & Beeney, Linda J. & Hoskins, Penny L. & Turtle, John R.
- 1143-1158 Professional interface with mutual-aid self-help groups: A review
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1159-1168 Determinants of health-promoting lifestyle in ambulatory cancer patients
by Frank-Stromborg, Marilyn & Pender, Nola J. & Noble Walker, Susan & Sechrist, Karen R.
- 1169-1176 Social learning correlates of exercise self-efficacy: Early experiences with physical activity
by Hofstetter, C.R. & Hovell, M.F. & Sallis, J.F.
- 1177-1185 The psychological profile of women attending breast-screening tests
by Kreitler, Shulamith & Chaitchik, Samario & Kreitler, Hans
1990, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 951-962 International behavioral responses to a health hazard: AIDS
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 963-969 Self-perceived health among sports participants and non-sports participants
by Lamb, K. L. & Roberts, K. & Brodie, D. A.
- 971-978 Gender, employment and medication use
by Zadoroznyj, Maria & Svarstad, Bonnie L.
- 979-987 Oral rehydration therapy and social marketing in rural Kenya
by Kenya, P. R. & Gatiti, S. & Muthami, L. N. & Agwanda, R. & Mwenesi, H. A. & Katsivo, M. N. & Omondi-Odhiambo & Surrow, A. & Juma, R. & Ellison, R. H. & Cooper, G. & van Andel, F. G.
- 989-995 An orientation toward help-seeking for emotional problems
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Peters, L. & Foets, M.
- 997-1000 Do attitudes predict uptake of smoking in teenagers? Case not proven
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1000-1000 A reply to Jarvis, Goddard and McNeill by Charlton, Blair and Tranmer
by Charlton, A. & Blair, V. & Tranmer, M.
- 1001-1001 Reply to Dr Charlton et al
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1003-1011 Associations with life satisfaction among very elderly people living in a deprived part of inner London
by Bowling, Ann
- 1013-1022 Stress experienced by physicians and nurses in the cancer ward
by Ullrich, Andreas & FitzGerald, Peter
- 1023-1028 Condoms and cosmology: The 'fractal' person and sexual risk in Rwanda
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1029-1033 Health, attitudes and beliefs of working women
by Mubarak, K. & Shafqat, S. & Malik, U. & Pirzada, R. & Qureshi, A. F.
- 1035-1041 Patterns of psychosocial performance in the doctor-patient encounter: A study of family practice residents
by Shapiro, Johanna
- 1043-1050 Towards rational medicine use: Is there a role for children?
by Bush, Patricia J. & Hardon, Anita P.
- 1051-1056 Some health dimensions of self-efficacy: Analysis of theoretical specificity
by Hofstetter, C. R. & Sallis, J. F. & Hovell, M. F.
- 1057-1066 Expanding theoretical conceptualizations of self-help groups
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1067-1071 Cooperation in mental health: An Italian project in Nicaragua
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Briceno, Roberto Aguilar & Asioli, Fabrizio & Liberati, Alessandro & Tognoni, Gianni
1990, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 831-831 Preface
by Illsley, Raymond
- 833-836 Introduction
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsley, Raymond
- 837-846 The Bulgarian country profile: The dynamics of some inequalities in health
by Minev, Duchomir & Dermendjieva, Bogdana & Mileva, Natasha
- 847-857 The Hungarian country profile: Inequalities in health and health care in Hungary
by Orosz, Eva
- 859-866 The Polish country profile: Economic crisis and inequalities in health
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund
- 867-877 The Soviet country profile: Health of the U.S.S.R. population in the 70s and 80s--An approach to a comprehensive analysis
by Mezentseva, Elena & Rimachevskaya, Natalia
- 879-889 International comparative analysis: Main findings and conclusions
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsey, Raymond
- 891-905 Scientific racism: Reflections on peer review, science and ideology
by Leslie, Charles
- 905-909 Comments
by Rushton, J. Philippe
- 909-910 Comments
by Owen Lovejoy, C.
- 910-911 Comments
by Wilson, Glenn D.
- 911-912 Comments
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 912-912 Rejoinder
by Leslie, Charles
- 913-923 The holistic heresy: Strategies of ideological challenge in the medical profession
by Wolpe, Paul Root
- 925-931 The measurement of health-related quality of life: Major dimensions identified by factor analysis
by Jenkins, C. David & Jono, Robert T. & Stanton, Babette-Ann & Stroup-Benham, Christine A.
- 933-939 The near-death experience as status passage
by Kellehear, Allan
- 941-947 A comparative study of feelings, attitudes and behaviors of patients with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
by Gaston-Johansson, Fannie & Gustafsson, Marianne & Felldin, Ruth & Sanne, Harold
1990, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 711-718 Community health care and hospital attendance: A case study in rural Ghana
by Zwart, Sjoerd & Voorhoeve, Henk W. A.
- 719-727 Patient initiatives and physician-challenging behaviors: The views of Israeli health professionals
by Shye, Diana & Javetz, Rachel & Shuval, Judith T.
- 729-736 Modernization and catecholamine excretion of young Samoan adults
by Pearson, Jay D. & Hanna, Joel M. & Fitzgerald, Maureen H. & Baker, Paul T.
- 737-741 'Codes' and practice: Information in drug advertisements--An example from Sri Lanka
by Tomson, Göran & Weerasuriya, Kris
- 743-751 Preferences for health care involvement, perceived control and surgical recovery: A prospective study
by Mahler, Heike I. M. & Kulik, James A.
- 753-762 Health status and the housing system
by Smith, Susan J.
- 763-771 Caring for the elderly: The partnership issue
by Jutras, Sylvie