Perceived job insecurity and worker health in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joelson, Lars & Wahlquist, Leif, 1987. "The psychological meaning of job insecurity and job loss: Results of a longitudinal study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 179-182.
- Cheng, Yawen & Chen, Chun-Wan & Chen, Chiou-Jong & Chiang, Tung-liang, 2005. "Job insecurity and its association with health among employees in the Taiwanese general population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 41-52.
- Paul D. Allison, 1994. "Using Panel Data to Estimate the Effects of Events," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 23(2), pages 174-199, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:7:1030-1036_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heaney, Catherine A. & Israel, Barbara A. & House, James S., 1994. "Chronic job insecurity among automobile workers: Effects on job satisfaction and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1431-1437.
- William T. Gallo & Elizabeth H. Bradley & Joel A. Dubin & Richard N. Jones & Tracy A. Falba & Hsun-Mei Teng & Stanislav V. Kasl, 2006. "The Persistence of Depressive Symptoms in Older Workers Who Experience Involuntary Job Loss: Results From the Health and Retirement Survey," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(4), pages 221-228.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcus Klemm, 2012. "Job Security and Fertility: Evidence from German Reunification," Ruhr Economic Papers 0379, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Italo A. Gutierrez & Pierre-Carl Michaud, 2017.
"Whistle While You Work: Job Insecurity and Older Workers' Mental Health in the United States,"
Cahiers de recherche
1702, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Italo A. Gutierrez & Pierre-Carl Michaud, 2017. "Whistle While You Work: Job Insecurity and Older Workers’ Mental Health in the United States," CIRANO Working Papers 2017s-21, CIRANO.
- Tapia Granados, José A. & Rodriguez, Javier M., 2015.
"Health, economic crisis, and austerity: A comparison of Greece, Finland and Iceland,"
Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 941-953.
- JosÃ© A. Tapia Granados & Javier M. Rodriguez, 2015. "Health, Economic Crisis, and Austerity: A Comparison of Greece, Finland, and Iceland," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 1cdbac6dc6c548e3877b7b180, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Ambugo, Eliva A., 2014. "Cross-country variation in the sociodemographic factors associated with major depressive episode in Norway, the United Kingdom, Ghana, and Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 154-160.
- King, Tanya & Kilpatrick, Sue & Willis, Karen & Speldewinde, Christopher, 2015. "“A Different Kettle of Fish”: Mental health strategies for Australian fishers, and farmers," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 134-140.
- Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Inoue, Mariko & Yano, Eiji, 2012. "Effect of unequal employment status on workers’ health: Results from a Japanese national survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 439-451.
- Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V., 2012. "Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1891-1894.
- Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J., 2015. "Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 223-231.
- Klemm, Marcus, 2012. "Job Security and Fertility: Evidence from German Reunification," Ruhr Economic Papers 379, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Gutierrez, Italo A. & Michaud, Pierre-Carl, 2015.
"Employer Downsizing and Older Workers' Health,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9140, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre-Carl Michaud & Italo A. Gutierrez, 2015. "Employer downsizing and older workers’ health," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-34, CIRANO.
- Italo A. Gutierrez & Pierre-Carl Michaud, 2015. "Employer downsizing and older workers’ health," Cahiers de recherche 1511, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Jon D. Wisman & Aaron Pacitti, 2017. "Guaranteed Employment and Universal Child Care For a New Social Contract," Working Papers 2017-05, American University, Department of Economics.
- Reeves, Aaron & McKee, Martin & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David, 2014. "The political economy of austerity and healthcare: Cross-national analysis of expenditure changes in 27 European nations 1995–2011," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-8.
- Jara Tamayo, Holguer Xavier, 2013. "The effect of job insecurity on labour supply," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-16, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Schneider, William & Waldfogel, Jane & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne, 2017. "The Great Recession and risk for child abuse and neglect," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 71-81.
- Kim, Il-Ho & Muntaner, Carles & Vahid Shahidi, Faraz & Vives, Alejandra & Vanroelen, Christophe & Benach, Joan, 2012. "Welfare states, flexible employment, and health: A critical review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 99-127.
- Anne Annink & Laura Dulk & Bram Steijn, 2016. "Work–Family Conflict Among Employees and the Self-Employed Across Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(2), pages 571-593, March.
- Marjanovic, Zdravko & Greenglass, Esther R. & Fiksenbaum, Lisa & De Witte, Hans & Garcia-Santos, Francisco & Buchwald, Petra & Peiró, José María & Mañas, Miguel A., 2015. "Evaluation of the Financial Threat Scale (FTS) in four European, non-student samples," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 72-80.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Granados, José A. Tapia, 2010. "Politics and health in eight European countries: A comparative study of mortality decline under social democracies and right-wing governments," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(5), pages 841-850, September.
- Elena Cottini & Paolo Ghinetti, 2016. "Employment insecurity and employees’ health in Denmark," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def045, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
More about this item
KeywordsUSA Perceived job insecurity Self-rated health Depressive symptoms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:69:y:2009:i:5:p:777-785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .