Social participation and healthy ageing: An international comparison using SHARE data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kondo, Naoki & Minai, Junko & Imai, Hisashi & Yamagata, Zentaro, 2007. "Engagement in a cohesive group and higher-level functional capacity in older adults in Japan: A case of the Mujin," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 2311-2323, June.
- Ellaway, Anne & Macintyre, Sally, 2007. "Is social participation associated with cardiovascular disease risk factors?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 1384-1391, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:04:p:567-583_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn & Lindström, Martin & Nystedt, Paul, 2003. "Investments in social capital--implications of social interactions for the production of health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2379-2390, June.
- Anneli Kaasa & Eve Parts, 2007. "Individual-Level Determinants Of Social Capital In Europe: Differences Between Country Groups," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 56, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Veenstra, Gerry & Luginaah, Isaac & Wakefield, Sarah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John & Elliott, Susan, 2005. "Who you know, where you live: social capital, neighbourhood and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 2799-2818, June.
- Greiner, K. Allen & Li, Chaoyang & Kawachi, Ichiro & Hunt, D. Charles & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S., 2004. "The relationships of social participation and community ratings to health and health behaviors in areas with high and low population density," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(11), pages 2303-2312, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:8:1187-1193_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Hawe, Penelope & Shiell, Alan, 2000. "Social capital and health promotion: a review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 871-885, September.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Veenstra, Gerry, 2000. "Social capital, SES and health: an individual-level analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 619-629, March.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 2007. "Education and Social Capital," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, Winter.
- Almedom, Astier M., 2005. "Social capital and mental health: An interdisciplinary review of primary evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(5), pages 943-964, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ettner, Susan L., 1996. "New evidence on the relationship between income and health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 67-85, February.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Folland, Sherman, 2007. "Does "community social capital" contribute to population health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 2342-2354, June.
- Jamieson, Anne, 1994. "The role of the European union in promoting healthy ageing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1497-1499, December.
- Blakely, Tony A. & Lochner, Kimberly & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2002. "Metropolitan area income inequality and self-rated health--a multi-level study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 65-77, January.
- Oakes, J. Michael, 2004. "The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1929-1952, May.
- Asimina Christoforou, 2005. "On the Determinants of Social Capital in Greece Compared to Countries of the European Union," Working Papers 2005.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio, 2014. "Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 47-58.
- Xindong Xue & W. Robert Reed, 2015.
"The Relationship Between Social Capital And Health In China,"
Working Papers in Economics
15/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Xue, Xindong & Mo, Erxiao & Reed, W. Robert, 2016. "The relationship between social capital and health in China," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Xindong Xue & Marshall Mo & W. Robert Reed, 2016. "The Relationship between Social Capital and Health in China," Working Papers in Economics 16/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Sarma, Sisira & Hawley, Gordon & Basu, Kisalaya, 2009. "Transitions in living arrangements of Canadian seniors: Findings from the NPHS longitudinal data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1106-1113, March.
- Thomas Akintayo & Niina Häkälä & Katja Ropponen & Elsa Paronen & Sari Rissanen, 2016. "Predictive Factors for Voluntary and/or Paid Work among Adults in their Sixties," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 1387-1404, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Damien Bricard & Florence Jusot, 2012. "Intergenerational transmission of health care habits in France," Post-Print hal-01593803, HAL.
- Brenda Gannon & Jennifer Roberts, 2012. "Social Capital: Bridging the Theory and Empirical Divide," Working Papers 2012028, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Carlo Chiatti, 2014. "Come cambiano gli equilibri nella società che invecchia. alcune riflessioni sul caso italiano in prospettiva comparata," PRISMA Economia - Società - Lavoro, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 44-57.
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2012. "Exploring the Early-life Causes and Later-life Consequences of Migration through a Longitudinal Study on Ageing," IZA Discussion Papers 6878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hélène Blake & Clémentine Garrouste, 2017. "Collateral effects of a pension reform in France," PSE Working Papers halshs-00703706, HAL.
- Gregor Schwerhoff & Mouhamadou Sy, 2014. "The Non-Monetary Side of the Global Disinflation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 337-371, April.
- Liu, Gordon G. & Xue, Xindong & Yu, Chenxi & Wang, Yafeng, 2016. "How does social capital matter to the health status of older adults? Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 177-189.
- Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry, 2012. "Social capital and health of older Europeans: Causal pathways and health inequalities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(7), pages 1288-1295.
- Hélène Blake & Clémentine Garrouste, 2017. "Collateral effects of a pension reform in France," Working Papers halshs-00703706, HAL.
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2012. "Social Isolation, Loneliness and Return Migration: Evidence from Older Irish Adults," IZA Discussion Papers 6331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helene Blake; & Clementine Garrouste, "undated". "Collateral effects of a pension reform in France," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/16, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Zhen Zhang & Jianxin Zhang, 2015. "Social Participation and Subjective Well-Being Among Retirees in China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 143-160, August.
- Emmanuelle Cambois & Caroline Laborde & Isabelle Romieu & Jean-Marie Robine, 2011. "Occupational inequalities in health expectancies in France in the early 2000s: Unequal chances of reaching and living retirement in good health," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 25(12), pages 407-436, August.
- Victoria Ateca-Amestoy & Arantza Ugidos, 2013. "The Impact of Different Types of Resource Transfers on Individual Wellbeing: An Analysis of Quality of Life Using CASP-12," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(3), pages 973-991, February.
- Maria Felice Arezzo & Cristina Giudici, 2017. "Social Capital and Self Perceived Health Among European Older Adults," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 665-685, January.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00639928 is not listed on IDEAS
- HASHIMOTO Hideki, 2015. "Impacts of Leaving Paid Work on Health, Functions, and Lifestyle Behavior: Evidence from JSTAR panel data," Discussion papers 15114, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsHealthy ageing Self-reported health Social participation Social capital SHARE Counterfactual analysis Stochastic dominance Europe;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:67:y:2008:i:12:p:2017-2026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.