Participation of Older Europeans in Volunteer Work
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Wise, 1997. "Retirement against the demographic trend: More older people living longer, working less, and saving less?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(1), pages 83-95, February.
- Agar Brugiavini & Tullio Jappelli & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "The Survey on Health, Aging and Wealth," CSEF Working Papers 86, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aïda Solé-Auró & Mariona Lozano, 2019. "Inequalities in Longevity by Education Level in Spain: A Life Satisfaction Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 144(2), pages 729-744, July.
- Mercedes Aranda & Salvatore Zappalà & Gabriela Topa, 2019. "Motivations for Volunteerism, Satisfaction, and Emotional Exhaustion: The Moderating Effect of Volunteers’ Age," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-1, August.
- Karsten Hank & Marcel Erlinghagen & Anja Lemke, 2005. "Ehrenamtliches Engagement in Europa: Eine vergleichende Untersuchung am Beispiel von Senioren," MEA discussion paper series 05074, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Bruno Arpino & Valeria Bordone, 2017. "Regular provision of grandchild care and participation in social activities," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 135-174, March.
- Karsten Hank & Stephanie Stuck, 2007. "Gesellschaftliche Determinanten produktiven Alterns in Europa," MEA discussion paper series 07152, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Hank, Karsten & Erlinghagen, Marcel, 1970. "Perceptions of Job Security in Europeâ€™s Ageing Workforce," MEA discussion paper series 09176, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Holger Lengfeld & Jessica Ordemann, 2014. "Occupation, Prestige, and Voluntary Work in Retirement: Empirical Evidence from Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 686, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Karsten Hank & Michael Wagner, 2013. "Parenthood, Marital Status, and Well-Being in Later Life: Evidence from SHARE," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 639-653, November.
- Andrea Principi & Henrike Galenkamp & Roberta Papa & Marco Socci & Bianca Suanet & Andrea Schmidt & Katharine Schulmann & Stella Golinowska & Agnieszka Sowa & Amilcar Moreira & Dorly J. H. Deeg, 2016. "Do predictors of volunteering in older age differ by health status?," European Journal of Ageing, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 91-102, June.
- Anne Laferrere, 2014. "Retired but not Withdrawn: Does Retirement Induce Participation in Social Activities?," Working Papers 2014-36, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Koen P.R. Bartels & Guido Cozzi & Noemi Mantovan, 2011.
"Public Spending and Volunteering: "The Big Society", Crowding Out, and Volunteering Capital,"
2011_09, Durham University Business School.
- Bartels, Koen & Cozzi, Guido & Mantovan, Noemi, 2011. "Public Spending and Volunteering: "The Big Society", Crowding Out, and Volunteering Capital," MPRA Paper 29730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Hansen & Marja Aartsen & Britt Slagsvold & Christian Deindl, 2018. "Dynamics of Volunteering and Life Satisfaction in Midlife and Old Age: Findings from 12 European Countries," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-1, May.
- Sari F. Madsen & Niels Strange & Jesper S. Schou, 2019. "Motivations of volunteers in Danish grazing organisations," IFRO Working Paper 2019/09, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Catherine Pollak & Nicolas Sirven, 2011.
"The social economy of ageing : Job quality and pathways beyond the labour market in Europe,"
- Catherine Pollak & Nicolas Sirven, 2011. "The social economy of ageing: Job quality and pathways beyond the labour market in Europe," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11066, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Catherine Pollak & Nicolas Sirven, 2011. "The social economy of ageing : Job quality and pathways beyond the labour market in Europe," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639928, HAL.
- Karsten Hank & Hendrik JÃ¼rges, 2005. "Gender and the Division of Household Labor in Older Couples: A European Perspective," MEA discussion paper series 05076, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Thierry Debrand & Nicolas Sirven, 2008. "Promoting Social Participation for Healthy Ageing - A Counterfactual Analysis from the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)," Working Papers DT7, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Jan 2008.
- Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry, 2008. "Social participation and healthy ageing: An international comparison using SHARE data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2017-2026, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SOC-2006-05-27 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mea:meawpa:05071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henning Frankenberger). General contact details of provider: http://www.mea.mpisoc.mpg.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.