Social Science & Medicine
1994, Volume 38, Issue 9
- 1289-1297 Measures of socioeconomic status for child health research: Comparative results from Bangladesh and Pakistan
by Durkin, M.S. & Islam, S. & Hasan, Z.M. & Zaman, S.S.
- 1299-1305 Concordance of parental and adolescent health behaviors
by Rossow, Ingeborg & Rise, Jostein
- 1307-1315 Self-management of cystic fibrosis: A structural model for educational and behavioral variables
by Parcel, Guy S. & Swank, Paul R. & Mariotto, Marco J. & Bartholomew, L.Kay & Czyzewski, Danita I. & Sockrider, Marianna M. & Seilheimer, Dan K.
- v-viii Depressive disorder
by Venkoba Rao, A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 1017-1036 Dissent in science: Styles of scientific practice and the controversy over the cause of AIDS
by Fujimura, Joan H. & Chou, Danny Y.
- 1037-1046 Alzheimer's disease afflicted spouses who remain at home: Can human dialectics explain the findings?
by Wright, Lore K.
- 1047-1053 The social impact of HIV infection on women in Kigali, Rwanda: A prospective study
by Keogh, P. & Allen, S. & Almedal, C. & Temahagili, B.
- 1055-1060 Psychological distress in survivors of residential fires
by Keane, Anne & Pickett, Mary & Jepson, Christopher & McCorkle, Ruth & Lowery, Barbara J.
- 1061-1068 Alternative medicine in the United States
by Wardwell, Walter I.
- 1069-1073 Midwives in Niger: An uncomfortable position between social behaviours and health care constraints
by Jaffre, Yannick & Prual, Alain
- 1075-1089 Health cards, maternal reports and the measurement of immunization coverage: The example of Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R.
- 1091-1110 Too far to walk: Maternal mortality in context
by Thaddeus, Sereen & Maine, Deborah
- 1111-1124 One person's 'spoiling' is another's freedom to become: Overcoming ethnocentric views about parental control
by Sprott, Julie E.
- 1125-1140 The technocratic body: American childbirth as cultural expression
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 1141-1152 Attitudes toward organ donation and transplantation : A model for understanding reactions to medical procedures after death
by Sanner, Margareta
- 1153-1165 Using STD occurrence to monitor AIDS prevention
by Renton, Adrian M. & Whitaker, Luke
- 1169-1170 A meta-analysis of condom effectiveness in reducing sexually transmitted HIV
by Warner, David Lee & Hatcher, Robert A.
- v-ix Public health education in Australia: Nobody's child?
by Reid, Janice
1994, Volume 38, Issue 7
- 863-865 Frailty and its consequences: Introduction
by Tennstedt, Sharon L. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 Stress and strategies in care systems: the Scandinavian experience
by Daatland, Svein Olav
- 875-882 Pathways to care for the elderly in Greece
by Triantafillou, Judith & Mestheneos, Elizabeth
- 883-903 British home and community care: Research-based critiques and the challenge of the new policy
by Davies, Bleddyn
- 905-914 Longitudinal patterns of formal and informal social support in an urban elderly population
by Kelman, Howard R. & Thomas, Cynthia & Tanaka, Jeefrey S.
- 915-924 Unmet need among disabled elders: A problem in access to community long term care?
by Tennstedt, Sharon & McKinlay, John & Kasten, Linda
- 925-936 Dynamics of functional impairment in late adulthood
by Maddox, George L. & Clark, Daniel O. & Steinhauser, Karen
- 937-942 How measurement techniques influence estimates of disability in older populations
by Jette, Alan M.
- 943-957 Does intergenerational social support influence the psychological well-being of older parents? The contingencies of declining health and widowhood
by Silverstein, Merril & Bengtson, Vern L.
- 959-971 Tolerating reality: The experience of parents of HIV positive sons
by Siegl, Dyan & Morse, Janice M.
- 973-987 Mothers' perceptions of severe pneumonia in their own children: A controlled study in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S. & Mull, J.Dennis & Kundi, M.Z.Malik & Anjum, Muhammad
- 989-997 Susto and the career path of the victim of an industrial accident: A sociological case study
by Holloway, Geoff
- 999-1010 The social significance of routine health behavior in Tamang daily life
by Jackson, J.Carey & Jackson-Carroll, Leslie
1994, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 771-774 Introduction
by Mattingly, Cheryl & Garro, Linda C.
- 775-788 Narrative representations of chronic illness experience: cultural models of illness, mind, and body in stories concerning the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
by Garro, Linda C.
- 789-800 Coming to terms with advanced breast cancer: Black women's narratives from Eastern North Carolina
by Mathews, Holly F. & Lannin, Donald R. & Mitchell, James P.
- 801-809 AIDS-talk and the constitution of cultural models
by Farmer, Paul
- 811-822 The concept of therapeutic 'emplotment'
by Mattingly, Cheryl
- 823-833 The Rashomon approach to dealing with chronic pain
by Jackson, Jean E.
- 835-842 In the subjenctive mode: Epilepsy narratives in Turkey
by Good, Byron J. & Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Togan, Isenbike & Ilbars, Zafer & Güvener, A. & Gelisen, Ilker
- 843-853 Practicing oncology in provincial Mexico: A narrative analysis
by Hunt, Linda M.
- 855-862 Oncology and narrative time
by Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Munakata, Tseunetsugu & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Mattingly, Cheryl & Good, Byron J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 649-663 Illness semantics and international health: The weak lungs/TB complex in the Philippines
by Nichter, Mark
- 665-675 Medical risk: Implicating poor pregnant women
by Handwerker, Lisa
- 677-690 Coronary heart disease: Trends in spatial inequalities and implications for health care planning in England
by Bryce, Carol & Curtis, Sarah & Mohan, John
- 691-698 Gender and class as dimensions of smoking behaviour in Britain: Insights from a survey of mothers
by Graham, Hilary
- 699-709 Health consequences of youth unemployment--review from a gender perspective
by Hammarström, Anne
- 711-716 General practitioner utilisation in Ireland: The role of socio-economic factors
by Nolan, Brian
- 717-724 The use of antimicrobial drugs in Nagpur, India. A window on medical care in a developing country
by Dua, Vikram & Kunin, Calvin M. & VanArsdale White, Laura
- 725-731 A measure of family disruption for use in chickenpox and other childhood illnesses
by McKenna, Stephen P. & Hunt, Sonja M.
- 733-748 Practitioner productivity and the product content of medical care in publicly supported health centers
by Camasso, Michael J. & Camasso, Anne E.
- 749-753 Blaming children for child pedestrian injuries
by Roberts, Ian & Coggan, Carolyn
- 755-761 Breastfeeding practices and lactation mastitis
by Foxman, Betsy & Schwartz, Kendra & Looman, Sophia J.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Roth, Julius A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 489-495 Primary health care in Japan and the United States
by Tsuda, Toshihide & Aoyama, Hideyasu & Froom, Jack
- 497-507 Danger and safety in medicines
by O'Neill, Arthur
- 509-516 Patient satisfaction: A valid concept?
by Williams, Brian
- 517-524 Comparisons of inequalities in health: Evidence from national surveys in Finland, Norway and Sweden
by Lahelma, Eero & Manderbacka, Kristiina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Karisto, Antti
- 525-542 Exorcists, psychiatrists, and the problems of possession in northwest Madagascar
by Sharp, Lesley A.
- 543-552 Terror, silencing and children: International, multidisciplinary collaboration with Guatemalan Maya communities
by Brinton Lykes, M.
- 553-557 Are bereaved family members a valid proxy for a patient's assessment of dying?
by Higginson, Irene & Priest, Patricia & McCarthy, Mark
- 559-564 Marital relationships and somatic and psychological symptoms in pregnancy
by Zimmermann-Tansella, Christa & Bertagni, Paolo & Siani, Roberta & Micciolo, Rocco
- 565-574 Prospects for reform of hospital fees in sub-Saharan Africa: A case study of Niamey National Hospital in Niger
by Weaver, Marcia & Wong, Holly & Sako, Amadou Sekou & Simon, Robert & Lee, Felix
- 575-583 Correlations between education and arthritis in the 1971-1975 NHANES I
by Leigh, J. Paul & Fries, James F.
- 585-592 Patients' intentions in primary care: Relationship to physical and psychological symptoms, and their perception by general practitioners
by Salmon, Peter & Sharma, Narinder & Valori, Roland & Bellenger, Nicholas
- 593-602 Vitality and growth in HIV-infected gay men
by Schwartzberg, Steven S.
- 603-608 Gender differences in tobacco use and the commodification of tobacco in Central Borneo
by Alexander, Jennifer & Alexander, Paul
- 609-621 Infant and child survival in Shaanxi, China
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 623-629 Results from a community intervention project in the Nicaraguan mining community El Limon. An overview
by Peña, Rodolfo & Thörn, Åke & Aragón, Aurora
- 631-636 Spiritual and religious beliefs in acute illness--Is this a feasible area for study?
by King, Michael & Speck, Peter & Thomas, Angela
- 637-643 Journalists and their sources of ideas and information on medicines
by van Trigt, Anke M. & de Jong-van den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Willems, Jaap & Tromp, Theo F. J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 399-400 Editorial/introduction
by O'Donnell, Ian & Farmer, Richard & Tranah, Troy
- 401-407 Railway suicide in England and Wales, 1850-1949
by Clarke, M.
- 409-418 The epidemiology of suicide on the London underground
by O'Donnell, I. & Farmer, E.D.T.
- 419-426 Suicidal behaviour on railways in the FRG
by Schmidtke, A.
- 427-430 Suicide in the Hong Kong subway
by Gaylord, Mark S. & Lester, David
- 431-435 Psychiatric and preventative aspects of rail fatalities
by Symonds, R.L.
- 437-442 A follow-up study of attempted railway suicides
by O'Donnell, I. & Arthur, A.J. & Farmer, R.D.J.
- 443-446 Preventing suicide on the London underground
by Clarke, R.V. & Poyner, B.
- 447-451 National suicide prevention programme and railway suicide
by Beskow, J. & Thorson, J. & Öström, M.
- 453-457 Imitative suicide on the Viennese subway
by Sonneck, G. & Etzersdorfer, E. & Nagel-Kuess, S.
- 459-469 Psychological reactions of drivers to railway suicide
by Tranah, T. & Farmer, R.D.T.
- 471-475 'Person under train' incidents from the subway driver's point of view--A prospective 1-year follow-up study: The design, and medical and psychiatric data
by Theorell, Tores & Leymann, Heinz & Jodko, Margareta & Konarski, Kristoffer & Norbeck, Hans Erik
- 477-478 Psychotherapy for train drivers after railway suicide
by Tang, D.
- 479-482 Mental first aid
by Foss, Ø.T.
- 483-487 A strategy for trauma debriefing after railway suicides
by Williams, Chris & Miller, Joe & Watson, Gilli & Hunt, Nigel
1994, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 201-204 The household production of health: Introduction
by Schumann, Debra A. & Mosley, W.Henry
- 205-215 The household production of health: Integrating social science perspectives on micro-level health determinants
by Berman, Peter & Kendall, Carl & Bhattacharyya, Karabi
- 217-226 The developmental niche: A theoretical framework for analyzing the household production of health
by Harkness, Sara & Super, Charles M.
- 227-229 Child care and infectious respiratory disease during the first two years of life in a rural Kenyan community
by Super, Charles M. & Keefer, Constance H. & Harkness, Sara
- 231-238 Social and psychological costs of preventive child health services in Haiti
by Coreil, Jeannine & Augustin, Antoine & Halsey, Neal A. & Holt, Elizabeth
- 239-251 Socio-economic causes and cultural explanations of childhood malnutrition among the Chagga of Tanzania
by Howard, Mary
- 253-268 A causal model of high rates of child mortality
by Millard, Ann V.
- 269-274 Felt versus enacted stigma: A concept revisited: Evidence from a study of people with epilepsy in remission
by Jacoby, Ann
- 275-283 Alternative forms of ambulatory care: Implications for patients and physicians
by Lowell-Smith, Elizabeth G.
- 285-297 Double burden or double blessing? Employment, motherhood and mortality in the longitudinal study of England and Wales
by Weatherall, Rosamund & Joshi, Heather & Macran, Susan
- 299-308 A prospective cohort study investigating the explanation of socio-economic inequalities in health in the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, J.P. & van de Mheen, H. & Stronks, K.
- 309-316 The conceptualization of meaning in illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 317-326 Epidemiology as an investigative paradigm: The College of General Practitioners in the 1950s
by Osborne, Thomas
- 327-338 A new perspective on threatened autonomy in elderly persons: The disempowering process
by McWilliam, Carol L. & Brown, Judith Belle & Carmichael, Janet L. & Lehman, Jocelyn M.
- 339-342 Fears of aids in Nigerian students: Dimensions of the Fear of Aids Scale (FAIDSS) in West Africa
by Akande, Adebowale & Ross, Michael W.
- 343-350 Association between maternal education and infant diarrhea in different household and community environments of Cebu, Philippines
by Dargent-Molina, Patricia & James, Sherman A. & Strogatz, David S. & Savitz, David A.
- 351-361 Mothering on crack cocaine: A grounded theory analysis
by Kearney, Margaret H. & Murphy, Sheigla & Rosenbaum, Marsha
- 363-371 Service attributes and the choice for STD health services in persons seeking a medical examination for an STD
by Leenaars, P.E.M. & Rombouts, R. & Kok, G.
- 373-381 Social stress and state-to-state differences in smoking and smoking related mortality in the United States
by Colby Jr, John P. & Linsky, Arnold S. & Straus, Murray A.
- 383-393 Hot and cold in transformation: Is Iban medicine humoral?
by Barrett, Robert J. & Lucas, Rodney H.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-14 The disablement process
by Verbrugge, Lois M. & Jette, Alan M.
- 15-22 Disability, stigma and deviance
by Susman, Joan
- 23-33 Perception of risks and benefits of in vitro fertilization, genetic engineering and biotechnology
by Macer, Darryl R.J.
- 35-43 Government participation in physician negotiations in German economic policy as applied to universal health care coverage in the United States
by Powell, Francis D.
- 45-53 Quality judgements by patients on general practice care: A literature analysis
by Wensing, Michel & Grol, Richard & Smits, Anton
- 55-58 Equity in authorship: A strategy for assigning credit when publishing
by Digiusto, Erol
- 59-66 Explanatory models of diabetes: Patient practitioner variation
by Cohen, Marlene Zichi & Tripp-Reimer, Toni & Smith, Christopher & Sorofman, Bernard & Lively, Sonja
- 67-78 The relevance of drug injectors' social and risk networks for understanding and preventing HIV infection
by Neaigus, Alan & Friedman, Samuel R. & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C. & Terry Furst, R. & Jose, Benny & Mota, Patrice & Stepherson, Bruce & Sufian, Meryl & Ward, Thomas & Wright, Jerome W.
- 79-88 Social networks and infectious disease: The Colorado Springs study
by Klovdahl, A.S. & Potterat, J.J. & Woodhouse, D.E. & Muth, J.B. & Muth, S.Q. & Darrow, W.W.
- 89-96 Preterm birth, low birthweight and the stressfulness of the household role for pregnant women
by Pritchard, C.W. & Teo Mfphm, P.Y.K.
- 97-103 Death for sale: A study of drug poisoning and deaths in Nigeria
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 105-115 Making a killing south of the border: Transnational cigarette companies in Mexico and Guatemala
by Stebbins, Kenyon R.
- 117-127 A follow-up of second generation Afro-Caribbeans and white British with a first admission diagnosis of schizophrenia: Attitudes to mental illness and psychiatric services of patients and relatives
by McGovern, Dermot & Hemmings, Patricia
- 129-134 Socio-geographical patterns of HIV-1 transmission in Kagera region, Tanzania
by Killewo, J. & Dahlgren, L. & Sandström, A.
- 135-146 Knowledge and meaning: The AIDS education campaign in rural Northeast Thailand
by Lyttleton, Chris
- 147-151 Change of occupation and retirement among Swedish farmers and farm workers in relation to those in other occupations: A study of "elimination" from farming during the period 1970-1988
by Thelin, Anders & Höglund, Sverker
- 153-158 Reliability of the Spanish version of the Nottingham health profile in patients with stable end-stage renal disease
by Badia, Xavier & Alonso, Jordi & Brosa, Max & Lock, Penny
- 159-163 Quality of life and maladjustment associated with hair loss in women with alopecia androgenetica
by van der Donk, J. & Hunfeld, J.A.M. & Passchier, J. & Knegt-Junk, K.J. & Nieboer, C.
- 165-178 A study of the relationship of rice cultivation and annual parasite incidence of malaria in India
by Sharma, V.P. & Srivastava, Aruna & Nagpal, B.N.
- 179-185 Growth models and the HIV epidemic in Finland
by Löytönen, Markku
- 187-192 Depression and the development of cancer: A meta-analysis
by McGee, Rob & Williams, Sheila & Elwood, Mark
- 193-196 Height and the risk of acute myocardial infarction in Italian women
by D'Avanzo, Barbara & La Vecchia, Carlo & Negri, Eva
1993, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1415-1425 Gender differences in occupational mobility and structure of employment in the British Civil Service
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & White, Ian & Marmot, Michael
- 1427-1430 Judging clinical research questions: What criteria are used?
by Sutherland, H. J. & Meslin, E. M. & da Cunha, R. & Till, J. E.
- 1431-1439 Estimating hospital admission patterns using Medicare data
by Radany, Margaret Higgins & Luft, Harold S.
- 1441-1450 Applications of O.R. in health in developing countries: A review
by Datta, S.
- 1451-1459 Physician uncertainty and the art of persuasion
by Rizzo, John A.
- 1461-1472 Dental care utilization over time
by Beazoglou, Tryfon & Brown, L. Jackson & Heffley, Dennis
- 1473-1480 Formulating selection policies for assisted reproduction
by Daniels, Ken & Taylor, Karyn
- 1481-1488 Coping with the Gulf war: Subculture differences among ischemic heart disease patients in Israel
by Carmel, Sara & Koren, Ilan & Ilia, Reuben
- 1489-1499 International migration and control of communicable diseases
by Gellert, George A.
- 1501-1508 Accessibility of dental services according to family income in a non-insured population
by Grytten, Jostein & Holst, Dorthe & Laake, Petter
- 1509-1520 A comparison of social support and social networks of black parents and white parents with chronically ill children
by Williams, Holly Ann
- 1521-1527 The Ray Alexander workers clinic--A model for worker-based health services in South Africa?
by London, L.
- 1529-1538 Development and consequences of group living in Sweden : A new mode of care for the demented elderly
by Annerstedt, Lena
- 1539-1544 Evaluation of aids prevention among homosexual and bisexual men in Switzerland
by Dubois-Arber, F. & Masur, J. -B. & Hausser, D. & Zimmermann, E. & Paccaud, F.
- 1545-1555 Life events, chronic difficulties and vulnerability factors preceding breast cancer
by Geyer, Siegfried
- 1557-1564 Not worth the risk? Attitudes of adults with learning difficulties, and their informal and formal carers to the hazards of everyday life
by Heyman, Bob & Huckle, Sarah
- 1565-1578 Growth monitoring and the promotion of breastfeeding
by Behague, Dominique
- 1585-1585 Letters to the editor
by Luepker, Russell V.
- 1585-1586 Primary mental health care in Nicaragua five years later
by Sales, Pau Pérez
1993, Volume 37, Issue 11
- 1283-1284 Introduction
by Gallin, Rita S. & Govindasamy, Pavalavalli
- 1285-1292 Health-seeking behavior of Rwandan women
by Csete, Joanne
- 1293-1301 Children's nutritional status in female-headed households in the Dominican Republic
by Johnson, F. Catherine & Rogers, Beatrice Lorge
- 1303-1312 Influences of mothers' and fathers' income on children's nutritional status in Guatemala
by Engle, Patrice L.
- 1313-1319 Agricultural productivity, seasonality and gender bias in rural nutrition: Empirical evidence from South India
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Thirumaran, Susheela & Mohanam, T. C.
- 1321-1329 Midwives in the Mexican health system
by Parra, Pilar Alicia
- 1331-1343 The education and contribution of women health care professionals in Saudi Arabia: The case of nursing
by El-Sanabary, Nagat
- 1345-1349 Rural origin as a risk factor for maternal and child health in periurban Bolivia
by Bender, Deborah E. & Rivera, Tirsa & Madonna, Donna
- 1351-1358 The health status of women in Oaxaca: Determinants and consequences
by Winter, Mary & Morris, Earl W. & Murphy, Arthur D.
- 1359-1366 Prenatal diagnosis and sex selection in 19 nations
by Wertz, Dorothy C. & Fletcher, John C.
- 1367-1376 Family composition strategies in rural north India
by Wadley, Susan S.
- 1377-1389 When more means less: Assessing the impact of dairy 'development' on the lives and health of women in rural Rajasthan (India)
by Sharma, Miriam & Vanjani, Urmila
- 1391-1400 Child and maternal health and international economic policies
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1401-1413 AIDS action-research with women in Kinshasa, Zaire
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
1993, Volume 37, Issue 10
- 1177-1198 Medically unnecessary cesarean section births: Introduction to a symposium
by Sakala, Carol
- 1199-1218 Caesarean section in Britain and the United States 12% or 24%: Is either the right rate?
by Francome, Colin & Savage, Wendy
- 1219-1222 The Mount Sinai cesarean section reduction program: An update after 6 years
by Myers, Stephen A. & Gleicher, Norbert
- 1223-1231 Cesarean section: Medical benefits and costs
by Shearer, Elizabeth L.
- 1233-1250 Midwifery care and out-of-hospital birth settings: How do they reduce unnecessary cesarean section births?
by Sakala, Carol
- 1251-1260 The effect of physician characteristics on clinical behavior: Cesarean section in New York State
by Dale Tussing, A. & Wojtowycz, Martha A.
- 1261-1269 Explaining excessive rates of cesareans and other childbirth interventions: Contributions from contemporary theories of gender and psychosocial development
by LoCicero, Alice Katherine
- 1271-1281 Psychosocial impact of cesarean section on the family: A literature review
by Mutryn, Cynthia S.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 9
- 1093-1108 Economic and demographic research on malaria: A review of the evidence
by Gomes, Melba
- 1109-1114 Determining malaria effects in rural Colombia
by Bonilla, Elssy & Rodriguez, A.
- 1115-1119 The impact of malaria on labour use and efficiency in the Sudan
by Nur, El Tahir Mohamed
- 1121-1130 Agricultural land use patterns and malaria conditions in Kenya
by Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 1131-1136 Economic and social consequences of malaria in new colonization projects in Brazil
by Sawyer, Donald
- 1137-1145 Malaria rates and fate: A socioeconomic study of malaria in Brazil
by Fernandez Castilla, Rogelio E. & Sawyer, Diana Oya
- 1147-1154 Malaria and mobility in Thailand
by Singhanetra-Renard, Anchalee
- 1155-1167 Human mobility and malaria risk in the Naya river basin of Colombia
by Sevilla-Casas, Elías
- 1169-1176 Illness perception: Social cost and coping-strategies of malaria cases
by Jayawardene, Ruwani
1993, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 969-974 Complexity, conflict, chaos, coherence, coercion and civility
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 974-976 On conflict resolution and change
by Mburu, F. M.
- 977-978 A good word for the "Young man [or woman] with a gun": Whose violence? Whose "Salutogenesis"?
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 978-979 Sense of coherence and sociology of emotions
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 980-981 Rejoinder
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 983-988 Alternative or additional medicine? An exploratory study in general practice
by Murray, Joanna & Shepherd, Simon
- 989-994 Dry and tight: Sexual practices and potential AIDS risk in Zaire
by Brown, Judith E. & Ayowa, Okako Bibi & Brown, Richard C.
- 995-1003 Programmes de nutrition en milieu rural aux Philippines
by Orihuela-Egoavil, Emilio Fernando
- 1005-1010 The impact of a child death on marital adjustment
by Najman, Jake M. & Vance, John C. & Boyle, Fran & Embleton, Gary & Foster, Bill & Thearle, John
- 1011-1018 Social class gradients in years of potential life lost in Switzerland
by Beer, Valeria & Bisig, Brigitte & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1019-1034 Health behavior: Issues, contradictions and dilemmas
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1035-1043 Variation in hemodialysis patient compliance according to demographic characteristics
by Bame, Sherry I. & Petersen, Nancy & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1045-1054 The hoarding habit, countertransference, and consultation anthropology in a Peruvian psychiatric hospital
by Stein, William W.
- 1055-1068 Inequalities in women's and men's ill-health: Britain and Finland compared
by Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 1069-1078 Determinants of lactation performance across time in an urban population from Mexico
by Perez-Escamilla, Rafael & Segura-Millán, Sofia & Pollitt, Ernesto & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 1079-1085 Working with community organizations to evaluate potential disease clusters
by Graber, David R. & Aldrich, Tim E.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 841-850 State authority, medical dominance, and trends in the regulation of the health professions: The Ontario case
by Coburn, David
- 851-857 Explorations in consultation of the public and health professionals on priority setting in an inner London health district
by Bowling, Ann & Jacobson, Bobbie & Southgate, Lesley
- 859-872 African women's control over their sexuality in an era of AIDS : A study of the Yoruba of Nigeria
by Orubuloye, I. O. & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 873-878 Ante-natal screening: What constitutes 'benefit'?
by Mooney, Gavin & Lange, Mette
- 879-882 MMPI profiles of male and female migraine sufferers
by Kirkcaldy, B. D. & Kobylinska, E. & Furnham, A. F.
- 883-886 The effect of a warning about putative adverse events on drug prescribing in general practice
by Thomson, A. N. & Barham, P. M.
- 887-896 Social disintegration and the spread of AIDS--II : Meltdown of sociogeographic structure in urban minority neighborhoods
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 897-904 Essential and non-essential drugs marketed by the 20 largest European pharmaceutical companies in developing countries
by Hartog, Robert