Marital dissolution and self-rated health: Age trajectories and birth cohort variations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Pampel, Fred C., 2003. "Age and education patterns of smoking among women in high-income nations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 1505-1514, October.
- Mineau, Geraldine P. & Smith, Ken R. & Bean, Lee L., 2002. "Historical trends of survival among widows and widowers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 245-254, January.
- Scott Lynch, 2003. "Cohort and life-course patterns in the relationship between education and health: A hierarchical approach," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 40(2), pages 309-331, May.
- Joung, Inez M. A. & van de Mheen, H. Dike & Stronks, Karien & van Poppel, Frans W. A. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1998. "A longitudinal study of health selection in marital transitions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 425-435, February.
- Deborah Carr & James S. House & Camille Wortman & Randolph Nesse & Ronald C. Kessler, 2001. "Psychological Adjustment to Sudden and Anticipated Spousal Loss Among Older Widowed Persons," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 56(4), pages 237-248.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newton, Nicky J. & Ryan, Lindsay H. & King, Rachel T. & Smith, Jacqui, 2014. "Cohort differences in the marriage–health relationship for midlife women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 64-72.
- Nicolas Sirven, 2012. "On the Socio-Economic Determinants of Frailty: Findings from Panel and Retrospective Data from SHARE," Working Papers DT52, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Dec 2012.
- Liu, Hui & Umberson, Debra, 2015. "Gender, stress in childhood and adulthood, and trajectories of change in body mass," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 61-69.
- Hui Liu & Zhenmei Zhang, 2013. "Disability Trends by Marital Status Among Older Americans, 1997–2010: An Examination by Gender and Race," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(1), pages 103-127, February.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2017.
"The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships,"
ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy
04/2017, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2018. "The marriage gap: Optimal aging and death in partnerships," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 339, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Jennifer Kohn & Susan Averett, 2014. "Can’t We Just Live Together? New Evidence on the Effect of Relationship Status on Health," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 295-312, September.
- Bina Knöpfli & Stéphane Cullati & Delphine S. Courvoisier & Claudine Burton-Jeangros & Pasqualina Perrig-Chiello, 2016. "Marital breakup in later adulthood and self-rated health: a cross-sectional survey in Switzerland," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(3), pages 357-366, April.
- Kenneth Couch & Christopher Tamborini & Gayle Reznik, 2015. "The Long-Term Health Implications of Marital Disruption: Divorce, Work Limits, and Social Security Disability Benefits Among Men," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1487-1512, October.
More about this item
KeywordsU.S.A.; Divorce; Widowhood; Self-rated health; Age; Birth cohort; Marital transitions; Growth curve analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:74:y:2012:i:7:p:1107-1116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .