Psychological pathways linking social support to health outcomes: A visit with the “ghosts” of research past, present, and future
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:8:1303-1309_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E., 2000. "From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 843-857, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thompson, Tess & Rodebaugh, Thomas L. & Pérez, Maria & Struthers, James & Sefko, Julianne A. & Lian, Min & Schootman, Mario & Jeffe, Donna B., 2016. "Influence of neighborhood-level factors on social support in early-stage breast cancer patients and controls," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 55-63.
- Ellwardt, Lea & Aartsen, Marja & Deeg, Dorly & Steverink, Nardi, 2013. "Does loneliness mediate the relation between social support and cognitive functioning in later life?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 116-124.
- Wolff, Julia K. & Schmiedek, Florian & Brose, Annette & Lindenberger, Ulman, 2013. "Physical and emotional well-being and the balance of needed and received emotional support: Age differences in a daily diary study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 67-75.
- Conklin, Annalijn I. & Forouhi, Nita G. & Surtees, Paul & Khaw, Kay-Tee & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo, 2014. "Social relationships and healthful dietary behaviour: Evidence from over-50s in the EPIC cohort, UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 167-175.
- Blanch, Angel, 2016. "Social support as a mediator between job control and psychological strain," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 148-155.
- Stein, Elizabeth R. & Smith, Bruce W., 2015. "Social support attenuates the harmful effects of stress in healthy adult women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 129-136.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial support; Psychological mechanisms; Physiology; Review;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:74:y:2012:i:7:p:949-957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .