Social contact frequency and all-cause mortality: A meta-analysis and meta-regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yeager, D.M. & Glei, Dana A. & Au, Melanie & Lin, Hui-Sheng & Sloan, Richard P. & Weinstein, Maxine, 2006. "Religious involvement and health outcomes among older persons in Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 2228-2241, October.
- Greenwood, Darren & Packham, Christopher & Muir, Kenneth & Madeley, Richard, 1995. "How do economic status and social support influence survival after initial recovery from acute myocardial infarction?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 639-647, March.
- Kazushi Okamoto & Yuko Tanaka, 2004. "Subjective Usefulness and 6-Year Mortality Risks Among Elderly Persons in Japan," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 59(5), pages 246-249.
- Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E., 2000. "From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 843-857, September.
- Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R., 1995. "Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 935-947, October.
- Eran Shor & David Roelfs & Misty Curreli & Lynn Clemow & Matthew Burg & Joseph Schwartz, 2012. "Widowhood and Mortality: A Meta-Analysis and Meta-Regression," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(2), pages 575-606, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1988:78:10:1336-1342_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carin Lennartsson & Merril Silverstein, 2001. "Does Engagement With Life Enhance Survival of Elderly People in Sweden? The Role of Social and Leisure Activities," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 56(6), pages 335-342.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:5:607-612_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fuhrer, R. & Stansfeld, S. A. & Chemali, J. & Shipley, M. J., 1999. "Gender, social relations and mental health: prospective findings from an occupational cohort (Whitehall II study)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Tiina-Mari Lyyra & Riitta-Liisa Heikkinen, 2006. "Perceived Social Support and Mortality in Older People," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(3), pages 147-152.
- Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R., 1993. "The quality of social roles as predictors of morbidity and mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 217-225, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:8:1303-1309_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:challe:v:34:y:1991:i:1:p:53-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E., 2011. "Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(6), pages 840-854, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1992:82:8:1136-1139_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helweg-Larsen, Marie & Kjøller, Mette & Thoning, Henrik, 2003. "Do age and social relations moderate the relationship between self-rated health and mortality among adult Danes?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 1237-1247, October.
- Bettina Meinow & Ingemar Kåreholt & Marti G. Parker & Mats Thorslund, 2004. "The Effect of the Duration of Follow-Up in Mortality Analysis: The Temporal Pattern of Different Predictors," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 59(3), pages 181-189.
- Avlund, Kirsten & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Holstein, BjØrn E., 1998. "Social relations and mortality. An eleven year follow-up study of 70-year-old men and women in Denmark," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 635-643, September.
- A. Walter-Ginzburg & T. Blumstein & A. Chetrit & B. Modan, 2002. "Social Factors and Mortality in the Old-Old in Israel," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 57(5), pages 308-318.
- Olsen, Rolf Bang & Olsen, Jørn & Gunner-Svensson, Finn & Waldstrøm, Bodil, 1991. "Social networks and longevity. A 14 year follow-up study among elderly in Denmark," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1189-1195, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:4:640-645_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goldman, Noreen & Korenman, Sanders & Weinstein, Rachel, 1995. "Marital status and health among the elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 1717-1730, June.
- Iribarren, Carlos & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Lewis, Cora E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Roseman, Jeffrey M. & Hulley, Stephen B., 2005. "Causes and demographic, medical, lifestyle and psychosocial predictors of premature mortality: the CARDIA study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 471-482, February.
- Seeman, Teresa E. & Berkman, Lisa F., 1988. "Structural characteristics of social networks and their relationship with social support in the elderly: Who provides support," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 737-749, January.
- Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J. & Bugyi, Paul & Schwartz, Joseph E., 2012. "Meta-analysis of marital dissolution and mortality: Reevaluating the intersection of gender and age," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 46-59.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial contact frequency; Mortality; Meta-analysis; Meta-regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:128:y:2015:i:c:p:76-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.