Marital status and mortality in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuanreng Hu & Noreen Goldman, 1990. "Mortality Differentials by Marital Status: An International Comparison," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 27(2), pages 233-250, May.
- Lund, Rikke & Due, Pernille & Modvig, Jens & Holstein, Bjørn Evald & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Andersen, Per Kragh, 2002. "Cohabitation and marital status as predictors of mortality--an eight year follow-up study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 673-679, August.
- Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi & Israeli, Avi & Friedlander, Yechiel, 2000. "Mortality differentials among women: the Israel Longitudinal Mortality Study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1175-1188, October.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:12:1807-1813_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia & Carmel, Sara, 2004. "Prediction of survival: a comparison between two subjective health measures in an elderly population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 2035-2043, May.
- Goldman, Noreen & Korenman, Sanders & Weinstein, Rachel, 1995. "Marital status and health among the elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 1717-1730, June.
- Bowling, Ann, 1987. "Mortality after bereavement: A review of the literature on survival periods and factors affecting survival," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 117-124, January.
- Henrard, J. C., 1996. "Cultural problems of ageing especially regarding gender and intergenerational equity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 667-680, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1996:86:8:1087-1093_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jersey Liang & John F. McCarthy & Arvind Jain & Neal Krause & Joan M. Bennett & Shengzu Gu, 2000. "Socioeconomic Gradient in Old Age Mortality in Wuhan, China," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 55(4), pages 222-233.
- Stuck, Andreas E. & Walthert, Jutta M. & Nikolaus, Thorsten & Büla, Christophe J. & Hohmann, Christoph & Beck, John C., 1999. "Risk factors for functional status decline in community-living elderly people: a systematic literature review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 445-469, February.
- Helweg-Larsen, Marie & Kjøller, Mette & Thoning, Henrik, 2003. "Do age and social relations moderate the relationship between self-rated health and mortality among adult Danes?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 1237-1247, October.
- Walter-Ginzburg, Adrian & Shmotkin, Dov & Blumstein, Tzvia & Shorek, Aviva, 2005. "A gender-based dynamic multidimensional longitudinal analysis of resilience and mortality in the old-old in Israel: the cross-sectional and longitudinal aging study (CALAS)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 1705-1715, April.
- Mostafa, Golam & van Ginneken, Jeroen K., 2000. "Trends in and determinants of mortality in the elderly population of Matlab, Bangladesh," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 763-771, March.
- Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly, 2005. "Individual, household and neighborhood socioeconomic status and mortality: a study of absolute and relative deprivation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 989-997, March.
- Joung, Inez M. A. & van de Mheen, H. Dike & Stronks, Karien & van Poppel, Frans W. A. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1998. "A longitudinal study of health selection in marital transitions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 425-435, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2004:94:10:1807-1812_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.035576_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Waldron, Ingrid & Weiss, Christopher C. & Hughes, Mary Elizabeth, 1997. "Marital status effects on health: Are there differences between never married women and divorced and separated women?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1387-1397, November.
- Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R., 1995. "Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 935-947, October.
More about this item
KeywordsMortality Elderly Marital status Widowhood Social network Meta-analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:64:y:2007:i:1:p:77-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.