Gender-based violence and socioeconomic inequalities: Does living in more deprived neighbourhoods increase women’s risk of intimate partner violence?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Courtenay, Will H., 2000. "Constructions of masculinity and their influence on men's well-being: a theory of gender and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 1385-1401, May.
- Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham, 1998. "Context, composition and heterogeneity: Using multilevel models in health research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 97-117, January.
- Adda, Jerome & Chandola, Tarani & Marmot, Michael, 2003. "Socio-economic status and health: causality and pathways," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 57-63, January.
- Catherine Ross & John Mirowsky, 1999. "Refining the association between education and health: The effects of quantity, credential, and selectivity," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(4), pages 445-460, November.
- Sunita Kishor & Kiersten Johnson, 2006. "Reproductive health and domestic violence: Are the poorest women uniquely disadvantaged?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 43(2), pages 293-307, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:4:553-559_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pallitto, Christina C. & O'Campo, Patricia, 2005. "Community level effects of gender inequality on intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy in Colombia: testing the feminist perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2205-2216, May.
- Ludermir, Ana Bernarda & Schraiber, Lilia B. & D'Oliveira, Ana F.P.L. & França-Junior, Ivan & Jansen, Henrica A., 2008. "Violence against women by their intimate partner and common mental disorders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 1008-1018, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:8:1092-1097_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Devries, Karen & Watts, Charlotte & Yoshihama, Mieko & Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Deyessa, Negussie & Heise, Lori & Durand, Julia & Mbwambo, Jessie & Jansen, Henrica & Berhane, Yemane & El, 2011. "Violence against women is strongly associated with suicide attempts: Evidence from the WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence against women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 79-86, July.
- Jewkes, Rachel & Levin, Jonathan & Penn-Kekana, Loveday, 2002. "Risk factors for domestic violence: findings from a South African cross-sectional study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 1603-1617, November.
- Michael Koenig & Saifuddin Ahmed & Mian Hossain & A. Mozumder, 2003. "Women’s status and domestic violence in rural Bangladesh: Individual- and community-level effects," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 40(2), pages 269-288, May.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.169730_3 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kohli, Anjalee & Perrin, Nancy & Mpanano, Remy Mitima & Banywesize, Luhazi & Mirindi, Alfred Bacikenge & Banywesize, Jean Heri & Mitima, Clovis Murhula & Binkurhorhwa, Arsène Kajabika & Bufole, Nadine, 2015. "Family and community driven response to intimate partner violence in post-conflict settings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 276-284.
- Averett, Susan L. & Wang, Yang, 2014. "Identifying the Causal Effect of Alcohol Abuse on the Perpetration of Intimate Partner Violence by Men Using a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7996, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Seema Vyas & Lori Heise, 2016. "How do area-level socioeconomic status and gender norms affect partner violence against women? Evidence from Tanzania," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(8), pages 971-980, November.
More about this item
KeywordsIntimate partner violence; Women; Socioeconomic factors; Poverty; Multilevel analysis; Developing countries; Brazil; Gender; Neighbourhoods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:74:y:2012:i:8:p:1172-1179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.