The ambivalence of stigma and the double-edged sword of HIV/AIDS intervention in Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bila, Blandine & Egrot, Marc, 2009. "Gender asymmetry in healthcare-facility attendance of people living with HIV/AIDS in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 854-861, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2007.122044_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bond, Virginia & Chase, Elaine & Aggleton, Peter, 2002. "Stigma, HIV/AIDS and prevention of mother-to-child transmission in Zambia," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 347-356, November.
- Abadía-Barrero, César Ernesto & Castro, Arachu, 2006. "Experiences of stigma and access to HAART in children and adolescents living with HIV/AIDS in Brazil," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1219-1228, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.028563_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kalichman, Seth & Strebel, Anna & Cloete, Allanise & Henda, Nomvo & Mqeketo, Ayanda, 2007. "Internalized stigma, discrimination, and depression among men and women living with HIV/AIDS in Cape Town, South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(9), pages 1823-1831, May.
- Gausset, Quentin, 2001. "AIDS and cultural practices in Africa: the case of the Tonga (Zambia)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 509-518, February.
- Maughan-Brown, Brendan, 2010. "Stigma rises despite antiretroviral roll-out: A longitudinal analysis in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 368-374, February.
- Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter, 2003. "HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 13-24, July.
- Maman, Suzanne & Abler, Laurie & Parker, Lisa & Lane, Tim & Chirowodza, Admire & Ntogwisangu, Jacob & Srirak, Namtip & Modiba, Precious & Murima, Oliver & Fritz, Katherine, 2009. "A comparison of HIV stigma and discrimination in five international sites: The influence of care and treatment resources in high prevalence settings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2271-2278, June.
- Tim Allen & Suzette Heald, 2004. "HIV|AIDS policy in Africa: what has worked in Uganda and what has failed in Botswana?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1141-1154.
- Genberg, Becky L. & Hlavka, Zdenek & Konda, Kelika A. & Maman, Suzanne & Chariyalertsak, Suwat & Chingono, Alfred & Mbwambo, Jessie & Modiba, Precious & Van Rooyen, Heidi & Celentano, David D., 2009. "A comparison of HIV/AIDS-related stigma in four countries: Negative attitudes and perceived acts of discrimination towards people living with HIV/AIDS," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2279-2287, June.
- Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf & Sankara, Augustin & Bastien, Vincent & Parsons, Michelle, 2009. "Gender and HIV testing in Burkina Faso: An exploratory study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 877-884, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBurkina Faso; Africa; HIV; AIDS; Stigma; Prevention; Civil Society; Antiretroviral (ARV) drugs; Intervention;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:74:y:2012:i:7:p:1037-1044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.