Social determinants of health – A question of social or economic capital? Interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fritzell, Sara & Burstrom, Bo, 2006. "Economic strain and self-rated health among lone and couple mothers in Sweden during the 1990s compared to the 1980s," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 253-264, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:8:1187-1193_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sundquist, Kristina & Lindström, Martin & Malmström, Marianne & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan, 2004. "Social participation and coronary heart disease: a follow-up study of 6900 women and men in Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 615-622, February.
- Veenstra, Gerry, 2002. "Social capital and health (plus wealth, income inequality and regional health governance)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 849-868, March.
- Giordano, Giuseppe N. & Lindstrom, Martin, 2010. "The impact of changes in different aspects of social capital and material conditions on self-rated health over time: A longitudinal cohort study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 700-710, March.
- Sen, Amartya, 1999. "Commodities and Capabilities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195650389.
- Carlson, Per, 2004. "The European health divide: a matter of financial or social capital?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 1985-1992, November.
- Stafford, M. & Cummins, S. & Macintyre, S. & Ellaway, A. & Marmot, M., 2005. "Gender differences in the associations between health and neighbourhood environment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 1681-1692, April.
- Cattell, Vicky, 2001. "Poor people, poor places, and poor health: the mediating role of social networks and social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 1501-1516, May.
- Rose, Richard, 2000. "How much does social capital add to individual health?A survey study of Russians," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 1421-1435, November.
- Wildman, John, 2003. "Income related inequalities in mental health in Great Britain: analysing the causes of health inequality over time," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 295-312, March.
- Lindstrom, Martin & Mohseni, Mohabbat, 2009. "Social capital, political trust and self-reported psychological health: A population-based study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 436-443, February.
- Lindström, Martin, 2004. "Social capital, the miniaturisation of community and self-reported global and psychological health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 595-607, August.
- Frederick J. Zimmerman & Wayne Katon, 2005. "Socioeconomic status, depression disparities, and financial strain: what lies behind the income-depression relationship?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1197-1215.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atuoye, Kilian Nasung & Luginaah, Isaac, 2017. "Food as a social determinant of mental health among household heads in the Upper West Region of Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 170-180.
- Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy, 2012. "A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1903-1911.
- Rung, Ariane L. & Gaston, Symielle & Robinson, William T. & Trapido, Edward J. & Peters, Edward S., 2017. "Untangling the disaster-depression knot: The role of social ties after Deepwater Horizon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 19-26.
- Van Cauwenberg, Jelle & De Donder, Liesbeth & Clarys, Peter & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Buffel, Tine & De Witte, Nico & Dury, Sarah & Verté, Dominique & Deforche, Benedicte, 2014. "Relationships between the perceived neighborhood social environment and walking for transportation among older adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 23-30.
- Fiorillo, Damiano & Lubrano Lavadera, Giuseppe & Nappo, Nunzia, 2016.
"Social participation and self-rated psychological health,"
72879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiorillo, D. & Lavadera, G.L. & Nappo, N., 2016. "Social participation and self-rated psychological health," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lafferty, Lise & Treloar, Carla & Chambers, Georgina M. & Butler, Tony & Guthrie, Jill, 2016. "Contextualising the social capital of Australian Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal men in prison," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 29-36.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial determinants; Social capital; Economic hardships; Self-rated health; Sweden;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:74:y:2012:i:6:p:930-939. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .