Individual social capital, neighbourhood deprivation, and self-rated health in England
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weden, Margaret M. & Carpiano, Richard M. & Robert, Stephanie A., 2008. "Subjective and objective neighborhood characteristics and adult health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 1256-1270, March.
- Gindo Tampubolon & S. V. Subramanian & Ichiro Kawachi, 2013. "Neighbourhood Social Capital And Individual Self‐Rated Health In Wales," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 14-21, January.
- Ziersch, Anna M., 2005. "Health implications of access to social capital: findings from an Australian study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 2119-2131, November.
- Abel, Thomas & Frohlich, Katherine L., 2012. "Capitals and capabilities: Linking structure and agency to reduce health inequalities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 236-244.
- Giordano, Giuseppe N. & Lindstrom, Martin, 2010. "The impact of changes in different aspects of social capital and material conditions on self-rated health over time: A longitudinal cohort study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 700-710, March.
- Webber, Martin P. & Huxley, Peter J., 2007. "Measuring access to social capital: The validity and reliability of the Resource Generator-UK and its association with common mental disorder," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 481-492, August.
- Poortinga, Wouter, 2006. "Social relations or social capital? Individual and community health effects of bonding social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 255-270, July.
- Snelgrove, John W. & Pikhart, Hynek & Stafford, Mai, 2009. "A multilevel analysis of social capital and self-rated health: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1993-2001, June.
- Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & Barnard, Steve & Jones, Kelvyn, 2005. "Social capital, geography and health: a small-area analysis for England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1267-1283, March.
- McCulloch, Andrew, 2003. "An examination of social capital and social disorganisation in neighbourhoods in the British household panel study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 1425-1438, April.
- Veenstra, Gerry, 2000. "Social capital, SES and health: an individual-level analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 619-629, March.
- Drukker, Marjan & Kaplan, Charles & Feron, Frans & van Os, Jim, 2003. "Children's health-related quality of life, neighbourhood socio-economic deprivation and social capital. A contextual analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 825-841, September.
- Cattell, Vicky, 2001. "Poor people, poor places, and poor health: the mediating role of social networks and social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 1501-1516, May.
- Stephens, Christine, 2008. "Social capital in its place: Using social theory to understand social capital and inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 1174-1184, March.
- Carpiano, Richard M., 2006. "Toward a neighborhood resource-based theory of social capital for health: Can Bourdieu and sociology help?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 165-175, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:sro:srosro:2016-80-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inaba, Yoji & Wada, Yuri & Ichida, Yukinobu & Nishikawa, Masashi, 2015. "Which part of community social capital is related to life satisfaction and self-rated health? A multilevel analysis based on a nationwide mail survey in Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 169-182.
- repec:hit:cisdps:575 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philipp Marek & Benjamin Damm & Tong-Yaa Su, 2015. "Beyond the Employment Agency: The Effect of Social Capital on the Duration of Unemployment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 812, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kim, Harris Hyun-Soo, 2015. "School context, friendship ties and adolescent mental health: A multilevel analysis of the Korean Youth Panel Survey (KYPS)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 209-216.
- Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K., 2013. "Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 60-69.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:190:y:2017:i:c:p:207-216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xinguang Chen & Peigang Wang & Rhiana Wegner & Jie Gong & Xiaoyi Fang & Linda Kaljee, 2015. "Measuring Social Capital Investment: Scale Development and Examination of Links to Social Capital and Perceived Stress," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 669-687, February.
- Guido Sechi & Alexander Tatarko & Jurgis Skilters, 2014. "Institutions, Civil Society, Trust and Quality of Life: A Social Capital- And Social Identity-Based Approach. Evidence from the Russian Federation," ERSA conference papers ersa14p595, European Regional Science Association.
- Eriksson, Malin & Ng, Nawi, 2015. "Changes in access to structural social capital and its influence on self-rated health over time for middle-aged men and women: A longitudinal study from northern Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 250-258.
- Song, Lijun, 2015. "Does who you know in the positional hierarchy protect or hurt? Social capital, comparative reference group, and depression in two societies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 117-127.
- Sharon Merkin & Hadar Arditi-Babchuk & Tamy Shohat, 2015. "Neighborhood socioeconomic status and self-rated health in Israel: the Israel National Health Interview Survey," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), pages 651-658.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1390-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Tatarko, 2013. "Is individual social capital linked to the implementation of entrepreneurial intentions?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 25/SOC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:hig:wpaper:38/soc/2014 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hig:wpaper:63/soc/2015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Goodman & Sarah Seidel & Reegan Kaberia & Philip Keiser, 2015. "How can we improve healthcare access and general self-rated health among orphans and vulnerable children? Findings from a Kenyan cross-sectional study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), pages 589-597.
More about this item
KeywordsDeprivation; England; Neighbourhoods; Position generator; Self-rated health; Social capital; Social networks; UK;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:2:p:349-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .