Regional Science and Urban Economics
2000, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 405-428 Potential competition and public sector performance
by Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C.
- 429-456 Delivered nonlinear pricing by duopolists
by Pires, Cesaltina Pacheco & Sarkar, Soumodip
- 457-490 Does public infrastructure affect economic activity?: Evidence from the rural interstate highway system
by Chandra, Amitabh & Thompson, Eric
2000, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 249-288 Rent control, mismatch costs and search efficiency
by Arnott, Richard & Igarashi, Masahiro
- 289-324 The endogenous formation of a city: population agglomeration and marketplaces in a location-specific production economy
by Berliant, Marcus & Konishi, Hideo
- 325-352 Spatial Cournot competition and heterogeneous production costs across locations
by Mayer, Thierry
- 353-364 Regional convergence in Europe and the industry mix: a shift-share analysis
by Esteban, J.
- 365-372 The economics of housing (volumes I and II): John M. Quigley (editor), Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA, USA
by Hubert, Franz
2000, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 131-184 Intermodal competition and regional inequalities
by Combes, Pierre-Philippe & Linnemer, Laurent
- 185-202 The impact of regional public expenditures on the local decision to spend
by Aronsson, Thomas & Lundberg, Johan & Wikstrom, Magnus
- 203-219 Modelling the spatial impact of the introduction of Compulsory Competitive Tendering
by Bivand, Roger & Szymanski, Stefan
- 221-242 A perfect foresight model of regional development and skill specialization
by Desmet, Klaus
- 243-248 Essays in Transportation Economics and Policy: A Handbook in Honor of John R. Meyer: Jose Gomez-Ibanez, William B. Tye, and Clifford Winston, editors, Brookings Institution Press, 1999
by Quinet, E.
2000, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-21 Size and growth of urban centers in French labor market areas: consequences for rural population and employment
by Schmitt, Bertrand & Henry, Mark S.
- 23-43 The effectiveness of McFaddens's nested logit model in valuing amenity improvement
by Chattopadhyay, Sudip
- 45-57 Local public goods and their capital-gain effects
by Sasaki, Komei
- 59-76 Tenure flexibility and the supply of private rental housing
by Nordvik, Viggo
- 77-97 On protection and vertical product differentiation
by Andaluz, Joaquin
- 99-119 Prices and turnover in the market for owner-occupied homes
by Hort, Katinka
1999, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 679-696 External spillovers, internal spillovers and the geography of production and innovation
by Gersbach, Hans & Schmutzler, Armin
- 697-722 Alternative congestion pricing schedules
by Chu, Xuehao
- 723-743 Sectoral sources of metropolitan growth
by Coulson, N. Edward
- 745-764 Reverse discrete choice models
by Anderson, Simon P. & de Palma, Andre
- 765-785 Patterns of rational default
by Kau, James B. & Keenan, Donald C.
1999, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 553-558 Local regulation may be excessively stringent
by Glazer, Amihai
- 559-573 Migration, labor-leisure choice, and Pareto suboptimal redistribution
by Saving, Jason L.
- 575-604 A measure of the geographic concentration in french manufacturing industries
by Maurel, Francoise & Sedillot, Beatrice
- 605-615 Equilibrium existence in the circle model with linear quadratic transport cost
by de Frutos, M. A. & Hamoudi, H. & Jarque, X.
- 617-631 Pricing policy in spatial competition
by Tabuchi, Takatoshi
- 633-649 Russia's internal border
by Berkowitz, Daniel & DeJong, David N.
1999, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 419-444 Giving households credit: How changes in the U.S. tax code could promote homeownership
by Green, Richard K. & Vandell, Kerry D.
- 445-461 Location and the effect of demographic traits on earnings
by Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S.
- 463-472 Cooperation vs. competition in a spatial model
by Mai, Chao-cheng & Peng, Shin-kun
- 473-489 Land use before zoning: The case of 1920's Chicago
by McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F.
- 491-517 Spatial job search and commuting distances
by Rouwendal, Jan
- 519-539 Climate consumption and climate pricing from 1940 to 1990
by Cragg, Michael I. & Kahn, Matthew E.
- 541-545 Book review
by Author, A.
1999, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 283-316 A general equilibrium spatial model of housing quality and quantity
by Arnott, Richard & Braid, Ralph & Davidson, Russell & Pines, David
- 317-339 Harris-Todaro models with a land market
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Zenou, Yves
- 341-369 Time, speeds, flows and densities in static models of road traffic congestion and congestion pricing
by Verhoef, Erik T.
- 371-380 Spatial distribution of production and international trade: a note
by Villar, Olga Alonso
- 381-409 Modeling a central place system with interurban transport costs and complex rural hinterlands
by Wang, Fahui
1999, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 155-171 Leviathan, local government expenditures, and capitalization
by Hoyt, William H.
- 173-195 Prices, incentives and choice of management form
by Sirmans, G. Stacy & Sirmans, C. F. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K.
- 197-218 Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration
by Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L.
- 219-229 Income variability, uncertainty and housing tenure choice1
by Robst, John & Deitz, Richard & McGoldrick, KimMarie
- 231-244 Public policy and highway safety: a city-wide perspective
by McCarthy, Patrick S.
- 245-256 Integration, geography and the burden of history
by Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P.
- 257-281 The evolution of income disparities among the regions of the European Union
by Magrini, Stefano
1999, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-32 Regions, resources, and economic geography: Sources of U.S. regional comparative advantage, 1880-1987
by Kim, Sukkoo
- 33-51 Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments
by Ohsawa, Yoshiaki
- 53-72 On the effects of antidumping legislation
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier
- 73-88 Spatial analysis of real estate price bubbles: Paris, 1984-1993
by Roehner, Bertrand M.
- 89-103 A random walk down main street?
by Hill, R. Carter & Sirmans, C. F. & Knight, John R.
- 105-122 Total factor productivity growth in manufacturing: a regional approach using linear programming
by Weber, William L. & Domazlicky, Bruce R.
- 143-147 Book review
by Author, A.
- 149-154 Book review
by Author, A.
1998, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 679-710 Rent control with reputation: theory and evidence
by Epple, Dennis
- 711-743 Rent control and complete contract equilibria
by Skelley, Chris
- 745-772 Landlords, tenants and the public sector in a spatial equilibrium model of rent control
by Heffley, Dennis
- 773-795 Welfare analysis of rent control with side payments: a natural experiment in Cairo, Egypt1
by Malpezzi, Stephen
- 797-816 Rent control and homelessness
by Early, Dirk W. & Olsen, Edgar O.
1998, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 535-564 Simulating travel reliability
by Noland, Robert B. & Small, Kenneth A. & Koskenoja, Pia Maria & Chu, Xuehao
- 565-584 How many parking spaces does it take to create one additional transit passenger?
by Merriman, David
- 585-609 Intersectoral point-to-point telecommunication flows: theoretical framework and empirical results
by Guldmann, Jean-Michel
- 611-627 U.S. suburbanization in the 1980s1
by Jordan, Stacy & Ross, John P. & Usowski, Kurt G.
- 629-654 Rate of return regulation and rate base valuation
by Kidokoro, Yukihiro
1998, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 389-417 A suggested test for spatial autocorrelation and/or heteroskedasticity and corresponding Monte Carlo results
by Kelejian, Harry H. & Robinson, Dennis P.
- 419-444 Regional adjustment to trade liberalization
by Hanson, Gordon H.
- 445-463 Regional concentration, trade, and welfare
by Haaparanta, Pertti
- 465-473 A note on tax competition and public input provision
by Matsumoto, Mutsumi
- 475-496 Optimal urban growth controls
by Sasaki, Komei
- 497-511 The EC and real estate rents in Brussels
by Ginsburgh, Victor & Waelbroeck, Patrick
- 517-533 Book review
by Author, A.
1998, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 255-281 The multi-store location and pricing decisions of a spatial monopoly
by Cyrus Chu, C. Y. & Lu, Huei-chung
- 283-296 Existence of Nash equilibria in fiscal competition models
by Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel
- 297-314 Strategic entry deterrence through spatial price discrimination
by Aguirre, Inaki & Espinosa, Maria Paz & Macho-Stadler, Ines
- 315-328 Household mobility and the moderate leviathan: Efficiency and decentralization
by Wrede, Matthias
- 329-344 Urban productivity, urban unemployment, and labor market policies
by Carter, Thomas J.
- 345-362 Local public goods and central charities
by Konrad, Kai A.
- 363-377 Labor migration and redistribution with alternative assimilation policies: The small economy case
by Michel, Ph. & Pestieau, P. & Vidal, J. -P.
1998, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 143-161 Spatial price competition when stores are not certain to have what consumers want
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 163-197 Transport externalities and optimal pricing and supply decisions in urban transportation: a simulation analysis for Belgium
by De Borger, Bruno & Wouters, Sandra
- 199-211 Agglomeration economies: Are they exaggerated by industrial aggregation?
by Moomaw, Ronald L.
- 213-235 On the optimal policy of infrastructure provision across regions
by Takahashi, Takaaki
1998, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-20 Should transfer payments be indexed to local price levels?
by Glaeser, E. L.
- 21-49 The market for housing in Israel
by Bar-Nathan, Moshe & Beenstock, Michael & Haitovsky, Yoel
- 51-73 Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach
by Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P.
- 75-90 An asymptotic foundation for logit models
by Jaibi, M. Raouf & ten Raa, Thijs
- 91-101 The additive structure of utility in discrete choice models
by Jaibi, M. Raouf & ten Raa, Thijs
- 103-122 A positive model of special district formation
by Austin, D. Andrew
- 123-133 Equilibrium production-location decisions under duopoly
by Hwang, Hong & Mai, Chao-Cheng & Shieh, Yeung-Nan
1997, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 581-581 Preface
by Quigley, John & Stahl, Konrad & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 583-612 Medium size cities
by Henderson, Vernon
- 613-641 The housing question in Japan
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu
- 643-670 Regional growth in postwar Japan
by Fujita, Masahisa & Tabuchi, Takatoshi
- 671-691 Economics and urban transportation policy in the United States
by Small, Kenneth A.
- 693-714 Spatial mismatch: An equilibrium analysis
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Martin, Richard W.
- 715-734 Infrastructure provision and international market share rivalry
by Conrad, Klaus & Seitz, Helmut
- 735-761 Microeconometric models of tourists' destination choice
by Eymann, Angelika & Ronning, Gerd
- 763-784 Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector
by Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M.
- 785-798 Unicity of the equilibrium in the unconstrained Hotelling model
by Lambertini, Luca
- 799-800 Reply to comments on 'Urban diversity and fiscal decentralization'
by Henderson, J. V. & Abdel-Rahman, H.
- 801-806 Comments on 'Urban diversity and fiscal decentralization'
by Duranton, Gilles
1997, Volume 27, Issue 4-5
- 343-343 Introduction
by Arnott, Richard
- 345-371 Efficient Nash equilibria in a federal economy with migration costs
by Myers, Gordon M. & Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y.
- 373-397 More on scale economies and cities
by Hochman, Oded
- 399-442 Structural stability and evolution of urban systems
by Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya
- 443-474 Cities and growth: Theory and evidence from France and Japan
by Eaton, Jonathan & Eckstein, Zvi
- 475-496 The optimal taxation of interregionally mobile capital under uncertainty
by Chung, Soon Mok & Wilson, John Douglas
- 497-513 Housing wealth and the economy's adjustment to unanticipated shocks
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Pereira, Alfredo M.
- 515-546 A filtering model with steady-state housing
by Arnott, Richard J. & Braid, Ralph M.
- 547-580 Taxes and allowances in a dynamic equilibrium model of urban housing with a size--quality hierarchy
by Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard J.
1997, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 217-240 Information in road networks with multiple origin-destination pairs
by Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 241-260 A model of workplace and residence choice in two-worker households
by Freedman, Ora & Kern, Clifford R.
- 261-282 Spatial Cournot competition and agglomeration in a model of location choice
by Gupta, Barnali & Pal, Debashis & Sarkar, Jyotirmoy
- 283-296 Why oppose TDRs?: Transferable development rights can increase overall development
by Levinson, Arik
- 297-324 Effects of subcenter formation on urban spatial structure
by Zhang, Yang & Sasaki, Komei
- 325-342 Interpreting spatial economic structure: Feedback loops in the Indonesian interregional economy, 1980, 1985
by Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J. D. & Guo, Jiemin & Hulu, Edison
1997, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 113-116 Infrastructure, economic development, and public policy
by Crihfield, John B. & McGuire, Therese J.
- 117-138 Historical perspective on infrastructure and US economic development
by Cain, Louis P.
- 139-159 A fiscal federalism approach to infrastructure policy
by Hulten, Charles R. & Schwab, Robert M.
- 161-179 Are telecommunications facilities 'infrastructure?' If they are, so what?
by Crandall, Robert W.
- 181-197 Manufacturing technology centers as components of regional technology infrastructures
by Feller, Irwin
- 199-215 Central city infrastructure investment and suburban house values
by Haughwout, Andrew F.
1997, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-15 Occupational change, employer change, internal migration, and earnings
by Krieg, Randall G.
- 17-45 Regional income and secession: Center-periphery relations in emerging market economies
by Berkowitz, Daniel
- 47-65 Where will we put the garbage? Economic efficiency versus collective choice
by Meng-Hua Ye & Yezer, Anthony M. J.
- 67-86 Multi-outlet firms, competition and market segmentation strategies
by Thill, Jean-Claude
- 87-107 Particulate pollution trends in the United States
by Kahn, Matthew E.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 561-563 Introduction
by Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 565-590 Testing neoclassical convergence in regional incomes and earnings
by Carlino, Gerald A. & Mills, Leonard
- 591-612 Location, innovation and trade: The role of localization and nation-based externalities
by Dobkins, Linda Harris
- 613-643 The new urban landscape: Developers and edge cities
by Henderson, Vernon & Mitra, Arindam
- 645-669 Spatial agglomeration and endogenous growth
by Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping
- 671-695 Transport costs, intermediate goods, and localized growth
by Walz, Uwe
1996, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 465-480 Age, housing demand, and real house prices
by Green, Richard & Hendershott, Patric H.
- 481-504 Precommitment in a system of hierarchical governments
by Hoyt, William H. & Jensen, Richard A.
- 505-529 Information provision, flat and fine congestion tolling and the efficiency of road usage
by Verhoef, Erik T. & Emmerink, Richard H. M. & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
- 531-541 The effect of the bank regulatory environment on state economic activity
by Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley
- 543-555 Private sector versus public sector externalities
by Mansoorian, Arman & Myers, Gordon M.
- 557-559 Local economic development: Analysis and practice : John P. Blair, (Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA, 1995)
by Bartik, Timothy J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 3-4
- 227-234 Introduction and overview
by Hendershott, Patric H.
- 235-261 The effect of income and collateral constraints on residential mortgage terminations
by Archer, Wayne R. & Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A.
- 263-285 Mortgage default and low downpayment loans: The costs of public subsidy
by Deng, Yongheng & Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert & Mac, Freddie
- 287-311 Residential mobility and mortgages
by Chan, Sewin
- 313-336 House prices and home owner saving behavior
by Engelhardt, Gary V.
- 337-368 Should the stagnant homeownership rate be a source of concern?
by Green, Richard K.
- 369-386 Expectations, efficiency, and euphoria in the housing market
by Capozza, Dennis R. & Seguin, Paul J.
- 387-407 Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area
by Case, Karl E. & Mayer, Christopher J.
- 409-431 In search of empirical evidence that links rent and user cost
by Blackley, Dixie M. & Follain, James R.
- 433-464 Risk-based capital standards and the riskiness of bank portfolios: Credit and factor risks
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Hall, Brian J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 105-123 Scale economies, returns to variety, and the productivity of public infrastructure
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Lovely, Mary E.
- 125-143 Urban growth controls with resident landowners
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Lai, Fu-Chuan
- 145-170 Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches
by De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan
- 171-187 Urban structure with two coexisting and almost completely segregated populations: The case of East and West Jerusalem
by Alperovich, Gershon & Deutsch, Joseph
- 189-201 The effect of demographics on the Japanese housing market
by Ohtake, Fumio & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 203-226 Are municipalities Tieboutian clubs?
by Heikkila, Eric J.
1996, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-22 When do cities specialize in production?
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M.
- 23-50 Embodied technological progress, technology-related producer inputs, and regional factors in a firm-level model of growth
by Ke, Shanzi & Luger, Michael I.
- 51-75 Regional adjustment and wage flexibility in the European Union
by Abraham, Filip
- 77-104 Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence
by Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 685-704 Internalizing intergenerational externalities by regionalization
by Wellisch, Dietmar & Richter, Wolfram F.
- 705-726 Demographic shift, relative costs and the allocation of local public consumption in Norway
by Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattso, Jorn
- 727-738 Optimal retail lease contracts: the principal-agent approach
by Lee, Kangoh
- 739-757 The decision to 'bid for business': Municipal behavior in granting property tax abatements
by Anderson, John E. & Wassmer, Robert W.
- 759-784 Specification and estimation of the effect of ownership on the economic efficiency of the water utilities
by Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Harris, Thomas R. & Narayanan, Rangesan & Raffiee, Kambiz
1995, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 575-605 Comparative static analysis of open urban models with a full labor market and suburban employment
by Ross, Stephen & Yinger, John
- 607-630 Is public infrastructure productive? A metropolitan perspective using new capital stock estimates
by Crihfield, John B. & Panggabean, Martin P. H.
- 631-654 Contracting with costly tenants
by Hubert, Franz
- 655-673 Distribution of factor endowments and tax competition
by Hwang, Hae-shin & Choe, Byeongho
- 675-684 On the emergence of multinational corporations in developing economies: A note
by Beladi, Hamid & Kwan Choi, E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 375-376 Preface
by Fujita, M. & Thisse, J. -F.
- 377-394 Regulation of commuter railways and spatial development
by Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Kiyono, Kazuharu
- 395-410 Optimal transportation policy with strategic locational choice
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Wildasin, David E.
- 411-425 Independent and joint provision of optional public services
by Tsukahara, Kenichi
- 427-434 An economic theory of urban growth control
by Sakashita, Noboru
- 435-460 Strategic growth controls
by Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C.
- 461-481 Proposal of a benefit incidence matrix for urban development projects
by Morisugi, Hisa & Ohno, Eiji
- 483-503 Evaluation of the shape of residential lots in land-readjustment projects
by Asami, Y.
- 505-528 When is the economy monocentric?: von Thunen and Chamberlin unified
by Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul
- 529-546 Toward a general-equilibrium theory of a core-periphery system of cities
by Abdel-Rahman, Hesham M. & Wang, Ping
- 547-573 Efficiency wages, involuntary unemployment and urban spatial structure
by Zenou, Yves & Smith, Tony E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 249-260 Equilibrium with agglomeration economies
by Lindsey, John II & Pratt, John W. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- 261-278 The effect of anticipated transportation improvement on residential land values
by McDonald, John F. & Osuji, Clifford I.
- 279-296 Local income taxation: An externality, Pigouvian solution, and public policies
by Goodspeed, Timothy J.
- 297-322 Net wealth, marginal tax rates and the demand for home mortgage debt
by Jones, Lawrence D.
- 323-353 Bank structure and new business creation lessons from an earlier time
by Jackson, John E. & Thomas, Ann R.
- 355-372 Contracting with spatial externalities and agency problems The case of retail leases
by Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C. F.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 131-151 Infrastructure in a structural model of economic growth
by Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Schwartz, Amy Ellen
- 153-181 Will homeowners impose property taxes?
by Vernon Henderson, J.
- 183-210 Non-linear evolution of dynamic spatial systems. The relevance of chaos and ecologically-based models
by Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura
- 211-222 The benefits of transport improvements in a city with efficient development control
by Sheppard, Stephen & Stover, Mark Edward
- 223-236 Uncertainty, liquidity, and housing choices
by Fu, Yuming
- 237-247 Rents and prices of housing across areas of the United States. A cross-section examination of the present value model
by Clark, Todd E.
1995, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-19 Expectations-driven spatial fluctuations
by Gali, Jordi
- 21-39 Moving behavior and the housing market
by Hardman, Anna M. & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 41-58 Demography and the demand for housing A reinterpretation of the Mankiw-Weil demand variable
by Swan, Craig
- 59-73 Spatial price discrimination and location choice with non-uniform demands
by Cheung, Francis K. & Wang, Xinghe
- 75-83 Differentiation in a two-dimensional market
by Veendorp, E. C. H. & Majeed, Anjum