Flood hazards impact on neighborhood house prices: A spatial quantile regression analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1999.
"A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(2), pages 509-533, May.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1995. "A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model," Electronic Working Papers 95-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Mar 1997.
- Zhang, Lei & Leonard, Tammy, 2014. "Neighborhood impact of foreclosure: A quantile regression approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 133-143.
- Okmyung Bin & Jamie Brown Kruse & Craig E. Landry, 2008. "Flood Hazards, Insurance Rates, and Amenities: Evidence From the Coastal Housing Market," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Liao, Wen-Chi & Wang, Xizhu, 2012. "Hedonic house prices and spatial quantile regression," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 16-27.
- Ajita Atreya & Susana Ferreira & Warren Kriesel, 2013. "Forgetting the Flood? An Analysis of the Flood Risk Discount over Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 577-596.
- Stephen Mak & Lennon Choy & Winky Ho, 2010. "Quantile Regression Estimates of Hong Kong Real Estate Prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(11), pages 2461-2472, October.
- Paul Frijters & Benno Torgler & Darshana Rajapaksa & Clevo Wilson & Shunsuke Managi & Vincent Hoang & Boon Lee, 2016. "Flood Risk Information, Actual Floods and Property Values: A Quasi-Experimental Analysis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92, pages 52-67, June.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- McMillen, Daniel, 2015. "Conditionally parametric quantile regression for spatial data: An analysis of land values in early nineteenth century Chicago," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 28-38.
- Don N. MacDonald & James C. Murdoch & Harry L. White, 1987. "Uncertain Hazards, Insurance, and Consumer Choice: Evidence from Housing Markets," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(4), pages 361-371.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2008. "Changes in the distribution of house prices over time: Structural characteristics, neighborhood, or coefficients?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 573-589, November.
- Tae-Hwan Kim & Christophe Muller, 2004.
"Two-stage quantile regression when the first stage is based on quantile regression,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 218-231, June.
- Christophe Muller & Tae-Hwan Kim, 2004. "Two-Stage Quantile Regression When The First Stage Is Based On Quantile Regression," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- David M. Harrison & Greg T. Smersh & Arthur L. Schwartz, Jr, 2001. "Environmental Determinants of Housing Prices: The Impact of Flood Zone Status," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 21(1/2), pages 3-20.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily Zietz & G. Sirmans, 2008.
"Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 317-333, November.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily N. Zietz & G. Stacy Sirmans., 2007. "Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Çağlayan Ebru & Arikan Eban, 2011. "Determinants of house prices in Istanbul: a quantile regression approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 305-317, February.
- N. Edward Coulson & Daniel P. McMillen, 2007. "The Dynamics of Intraurban Quantile House Price Indexes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(8), pages 1517-1537, July.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Basu, Sabyasachi & Thibodeau, Thomas G, 1998. "Analysis of Spatial Autocorrelation in House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 61-85, July.
- Bin, Okmyung & Landry, Craig E., 2013. "Changes in implicit flood risk premiums: Empirical evidence from the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 361-376.
- Todd H. Kuethe & Roman Keeney, 2012. "Environmental Externalities and Residential Property Values: Externalized Costs along the House Price Distribution," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(2), pages 241-250.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- James P. LeSage & R. Kelley Pace & Nina Lam & Richard Campanella & Xingjian Liu, 2011. "New Orleans business recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(4), pages 1007-1027, October.
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2012. "Private residential price indices in Singapore: A matching approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 485-494.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Małgorzata Dudzińska & Barbara Prus & Radosław Cellmer & Stanisław Bacior & Katarzyna Kocur-Bera & Anna Klimach & Agnieszka Trystuła, 2020. "The Impact of Flood Risk on the Activity of the Residential Land Market in a Polish Cultural Heritage Town," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-1, December.
- Lei Zhang & Tammy Leonard, 2019. "Flood Hazards Impact on Neighborhood House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 58(4), pages 656-674, May.
- Zhang, Lei & Yi, Yimin, 2018. "What contributes to the rising house prices in Beijing? A decomposition approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 72-84.
- Mats Wilhelmsson, 2019.
"Energy Performance Certificates and Its Capitalization in Housing Values in Sweden,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-1, November.
- Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2019. "Energy Performance certificates and its capitalization in housing values in Sweden," Working Paper Series 19/3, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Banking and Finance.
- Indaco, Agustín & Ortega, Francesc & Taspinar, Süleyman, 2018. "The Effects of Flood Insurance on Housing Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 11810, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- McMillen, Daniel & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2017. "Decompositions of Spatially Varying Quantile Distribution Estimates: The Rise and Fall of Tokyo House Prices," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 74, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yang, Linchuan & Chau, K.W. & Wang, Xu, 2019. "Are low-end housing purchasers more willing to pay for access to basic public services? Evidence from China," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Hu, Xi & Pant, Raghav & Hall, Jim W. & Surminski, Swenja & Huang, Jiashun, 2019. "Multi-scale assessment of the economic impacts of flooding: evidence from firm to macro-level analysis in the Chinese manufacturing sector," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 100534, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robert J. Johnston & Klaus Moeltner, 2019. "Special Flood Hazard Effects on Coastal and Interior Home Values: One Size Does Not Fit All," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(1), pages 181-210, September.
- Haizhen Wen & Zaiyuan Gui & Chuanhao Tian & Yue Xiao & Li Fang, 2018. "Subway Opening, Traffic Accessibility, and Housing Prices: A Quantile Hedonic Analysis in Hangzhou, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-1, June.
- Indaco, Agustín & Ortega, Francesc & Taspinar, Süleyman, 2019. "Hurricanes, Flood Risk and the Economic Adaptation of Businesses," IZA Discussion Papers 12474, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Xi Hu & Raghav Pant & Jim W. Hall & Swenja Surminski & Jiashun Huang, 2019. "Multi-Scale Assessment of the Economic Impacts of Flooding: Evidence from Firm to Macro-Level Analysis in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-1, April.
- Ortega, Francesc & Taspinar, Süleyman, 2016. "Rising Sea Levels and Sinking Property Values: The Effects of Hurricane Sandy on New York's Housing Market," IZA Discussion Papers 10374, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Zhang, Lei & Yi, Yimin, 2017. "Quantile house price indices in Beijing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 85-96.
- Gabor Bekes & Aron Horvath & Zoltan Sapi, 2016. "Flood risk and housing prices: evidence from Hungary," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1620, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Ortega, Francesc & Taṣpınar, Süleyman, 2018. "Rising sea levels and sinking property values: Hurricane Sandy and New York’s housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 81-100.
- Livy, Mitchell R., 2017. "Catastrophe Capitalization: Estimating Changes in Perceptions of Extreme Natural Events over Time," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258251, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Garz, Marcel, 2018. "Effects of unemployment news on economic perceptions – Evidence from German Federal States," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 172-190.
- Donggyu Yi & Hyundo Choi, 2020. "Housing Market Response to New Flood Risk Information and the Impact on Poor Tenant," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 55-79, June.
- Singh, Ruchi, 2019. "Seismic risk and house prices: Evidence from earthquake fault zoning," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 187-209.
- Netusil, Noelwah R. & Moeltner, Klaus & Jarrad, Maya, 2019. "Floodplain designation and property sale prices in an urban watershed," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Yizhou Wu & Peilei Fan & Heyuan You, 2018. "Spatial Evolution of Producer Service Sectors and Its Influencing Factors in Cities: A Case Study of Hangzhou, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-1, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic model; Flood hazards; Spatial quantile regression;
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:60:y:2016:i:c:p:12-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.