Uncertain Hazards, Insurance, and Consumer Choice: Evidence from Housing Markets
No abstract is available for this item.
- de Koning, Koen & Filatova, Tatiana & Bin, Okmyung, 2017. "Bridging the Gap Between Revealed and Stated Preferences in Flood-prone Housing Markets," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1-13.
- Naoi, Michio & Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2009. "Earthquake risk and housing prices in Japan: Evidence before and after massive earthquakes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 658-669, November.
- Bin, Okmyung & Polasky, Stephen, 2005. "Evidence on the Amenity Value of Wetlands in a Rural Setting," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(03), December.
- Carolyn Kousky, 2010. "Learning from Extreme Events: Risk Perceptions after the Flood," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Flood hazards impact on neighborhood house prices: A spatial quantile regression analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 12-19.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Landry, Craig E. & Kriesel, Warren, 2000. "Modeling The Decision To Buy Flood Insurance: An Empirical Analysis For Coastal Areas," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21880, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bin, Okmyung, 2004. "A prediction comparison of housing sales prices by parametric versus semi-parametric regressions," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 68-84, March.
- Amanda Savitt, 2017. "Insurance as a tool for hazard risk management? An evaluation of the literature," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 86(2), pages 583-599, March.
- Craig E. Landry & Mohammad R. Jahan‐Parvar, 2011.
"Flood Insurance Coverage in the Coastal Zone,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(2), pages 361-388, 06.
- Landry, Craig E. & Jahan-Parvar, Mohammad R., 2008. "Flood Insurance Coverage in the Coastal Zone," MPRA Paper 15498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kriesel, Warren & Landry, Craig E. & Keeler, Andrew G., 2000. "Costs Of Coastal Hazards: Evidence From The Property Market," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21745, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Daniel, Vanessa E. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Rietveld, Piet, 2009. "Flooding risk and housing values: An economic assessment of environmental hazard," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 355-365, December.
- Vanessa E. Daniel & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Piet Rietveld, 2007. "Flooding Risk And Housing Values: An Economic Assessment Of Environmental Hazard," Working Papers 07-02, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Ajita Atreya & Susana Ferreira & Warren Kriesel, 2013. "Forgetting the Flood? An Analysis of the Flood Risk Discount over Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 577-596.
- Bin, Okmyung & Landry, Craig E., 2013. "Changes in implicit flood risk premiums: Empirical evidence from the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 361-376.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Keeler, Andrew G. & Kriesel, Warren, 1996. "Valuing Risk-Reducing Interventions With Hedonic Models: The Case Of Erosion Protection," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Penchev Georgi, 2016. "Using Space Syntax For Estimation Of Potential Disaster Indirect Economic Losses," Comparative Economic Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 19(5), pages 125-142, December.
- Billings, Stephen B. & Schnepel, Kevin, 2015. "The Value of a Healthy Home: Lead Paint Remediation and Housing Values," Working Papers 2015-23, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Luechinger, Simon & Raschky, Paul A., 2009. "Valuing flood disasters using the life satisfaction approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 620-633, April.
- Atreya, Ajita & Ferreira, Susana, 2012. "Spatial Variation in Flood Risk Perception: A Spatial Econometric Approach," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124863, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:63:y:1987:i:4:p:361-371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed