Hedonic house prices and spatial quantile regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Nakamura, Alice O. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2009. "The housing bubble and a new approach to accounting for housing in a CPI," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 156-171, September.
- Margot Lutzenhiser & Noelwah R. Netusil, 2001. "The Effect Of Open Spaces On A Home'S Sale Price," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 291-298, July.
- Sue, Eddie D.W. & Wong, Wei-Kang, 2010. "The political economy of housing prices: Hedonic pricing with regression discontinuity," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-144, June.
- Follain, James R. & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1985. "Estimating the demand for housing characteristics: A survey and critique," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 77-107, February.
- Jie Chen & Qianjin Hao, 2008. "The impacts of distance to CBD on housing prices in Shanghai: a hedonic analysis," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 291-302.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2008. "Changes in the distribution of house prices over time: Structural characteristics, neighborhood, or coefficients?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 573-589, November.
- Yves Zenou, 2012. "Housing policies in China: Issues and options," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 393-417, November.
- Tae-Hwan Kim & Christophe Muller, 2004.
"Two-stage quantile regression when the first stage is based on quantile regression,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 218-231, June.
- Christophe Muller & Tae-Hwan Kim, 2004. "Two-Stage Quantile Regression When The First Stage Is Based On Quantile Regression," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Naoi, Michio & Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2009. "Earthquake risk and housing prices in Japan: Evidence before and after massive earthquakes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 658-669, November.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, June.
- N. Edward Coulson & Daniel P. McMillen, 2007. "The Dynamics of Intraurban Quantile House Price Indexes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(8), pages 1517-1537, July.
- Dubin, Robin A., 1998. "Spatial Autocorrelation: A Primer," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 304-327, December.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily Zietz & G. Sirmans, 2008.
"Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 317-333, November.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily N. Zietz & G. Stacy Sirmans., 2007. "Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E. & Rappaport, Jordan, 2008.
"Why do the poor live in cities The role of public transportation,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Rappaport, Jordan & Kahn, Matthew E. & Glaeser, Edward, 2008. "Why Do The Poor Live In Cities? The Role of Public Transportation," Scholarly Articles 2958224, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2004. "An Equilibrium Model of Sorting in an Urban Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 10865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Mak & Lennon Choy & Winky Ho, 2010. "Quantile Regression Estimates of Hong Kong Real Estate Prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(11), pages 2461-2472, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Zhenlin Yang & Liangjun Su, 2007.
"Instrumental Variable Quantile Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models,"
05-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Liangjun Su & Zhenlin Yang, 2007. "Instrumental Variable Quantile Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models," Development Economics Working Papers 22476, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sunding, David L. & Swoboda, Aaron M., 2010. "Hedonic analysis with locally weighted regression: An application to the shadow cost of housing regulation in Southern California," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 550-573, November.
- Clapp, John M. & Salavei, Katsiaryna, 2010. "Hedonic pricing with redevelopment options: A new approach to estimating depreciation effects," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 362-377, May.
- Dorsey, Robert E. & Hu, Haixin & Mayer, Walter J. & Wang, Hui-chen, 2010. "Hedonic versus repeat-sales housing price indexes for measuring the recent boom-bust cycle," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 75-93, June.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Philip Kostov, 2009. "A Spatial Quantile Regression Hedonic Model of Agricultural Land Prices," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 53-72.
- Gouriéroux, Christian & Laferrère, Anne, 2009. "Managing hedonic housing price indexes: The French experience," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 206-213, September.
- Jeanty, P. Wilner & Partridge, Mark & Irwin, Elena, 2010. "Estimation of a spatial simultaneous equation model of population migration and housing price dynamics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 343-352, September.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian, 2006. "Instrumental quantile regression inference for structural and treatment effect models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 491-525, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhang, Lei & Leonard, Tammy, 2014. "Neighborhood impact of foreclosure: A quantile regression approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 133-143.
- Liu, Sezhu & Hite, Diane, 2013. "Measuring the Effect of Green Space on Property Value: An Application of the Hedonic Spatial Quantile Regression," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143045, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Zhang, Lei & Yi, Yimin, 2017. "Quantile house price indices in Beijing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 85-96.
- Bohman, Helena & Nilsson, Désirée, 2016. "The impact of regional commuter trains on property values: Price segments and income," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 102-109.
- Philip Kostov, 2013. "Empirical likelihood estimation of the spatial quantile regression," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 51-69, January.
- Marusca De Castris & Daniele Di Gennaro, 2018. "Does agricultural subsidies foster Italian southern farms? A Spatial Quantile Regression Approach," Papers 1803.05659, arXiv.org.
- Alan T. K. Wan & Shangyu Xie & Yong Zhou, 2017. "A varying coefficient approach to estimating hedonic housing price functions and their quantiles," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(11), pages 1979-1999, August.
- Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Flood hazards impact on neighborhood house prices: A spatial quantile regression analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 12-19.
- Claudio Othón Cruz Martínez, 2016. "Una aproximación al valor social y ambiental de las áreas verdes urbanas de la Ciudad de México," Graduate theses (Spanish) TESG 011, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Simlai, Prodosh, 2014. "Estimation of variance of housing prices using spatial conditional heteroskedasticity (SARCH) model with an application to Boston housing price data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 17-30.
- Nicodemo, Catia & Raya, Josep Maria, 2012.
"Change in the distribution of house prices across Spanish cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 739-748.
- Nicodemo, Catia & Raya, Josep M., 2012. "Change in the Distribution of House Prices across Spanish Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 6503, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Todd H. Kuethe & Roman Keeney, 2012. "Environmental Externalities and Residential Property Values: Externalized Costs along the House Price Distribution," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(2), pages 241-250.
- McMillen, Daniel, 2015. "Conditionally parametric quantile regression for spatial data: An analysis of land values in early nineteenth century Chicago," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 28-38.
- McMillen, Daniel & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2017. "Decompositions of Spatially Varying Quantile Distribution Estimates: The Rise and Fall of Tokyo House Prices," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 74, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Trojanek, Radoslaw & Huderek-Glapska, Sonia, 2018. "Measuring the noise cost of aviation â€“ The association between the Limited Use Area around Warsaw Chopin Airport and property values," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 103-114.
- Ming Li & Guojun Zhang & Yunliang Chen & Chunshan Zhou, 2019. "Evaluation of Residential Housing Prices on the Internet: Data Pitfalls," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2019, pages 1-15, February.
- Zahirovich-Herbert, Velma & Gibler, Karen M., 2014. "The effect of new residential construction on housing prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-18.
- Villar, Jaume García & Raya, Josep Maria, 2015. "Use of a Gini index to examine housing price heterogeneity: A quantile approach," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 59-71.
- Luis Galvis & Bladimir Carrillo, 2013.
"Índice de precios espacial para la vivienda urbana en Colombia: una aplicación con métodos de emparejamiento,"
Revista de Economía del Rosario, Universidad del Rosario, June.
- Luis Armando Galvis & Bladimir Carrillo, 2012. "Un índice de precios espacial para la vivienda urbana en Colombia: Una aplicación con métodos de emparejamiento," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 173, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Armando Galvis & Bladimir Carrillo, 2012. "Un Ãndice de precios espacial para la vivienda urbana en Colombia: Una aplicaciÃ³n con mÃ©todos de emparejamiento," Documentos de Trabajo Sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 010032, Banco de la República - Economía Regional.
- James R. Meldrum, 2016. "Floodplain Price Impacts by Property Type in Boulder County, Colorado: Condominiums Versus Standalone Properties," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 725-750, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic pricing model; Quantile regression; Spatial autocorrelation; Spatial model; China housing market;
All these keywords.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:21:y:2012:i:1:p:16-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.