Hedonic analysis with locally weighted regression: An application to the shadow cost of housing regulation in Southern California
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, David Jr. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "Hedonic housing prices and the demand for clean air," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Daniel P. McMillen & Christian L. Redfearn, 2010. "Estimation And Hypothesis Testing For Nonparametric Hedonic House Price Functions," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 712-733, August.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "The Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 465-480.
- John M. Quigley & Steven Raphael & Larry A. Rosenthal, 2004.
"Local Land-use Controls and Demographic Outcomes in a Booming Economy,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(2), pages 389-421, February.
- Quigley, John M. & Raphael, Steven & Rosenthal, Larry A., 2004. "Local Land Use Controls and Demographic Outcomes in a Booming Economy," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt4hm300n7, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- David M. Brasington, 1999. "Which Measures of School Quality Does the Housing Market Value?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 18(3), pages 395-414.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal, 1999. "Residential Buildings And The Cost Of Construction: New Evidence On The Efficiency Of The Housing Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 288-302, May.
- Andrey D. Pavlov, 2000. "Space-Varying Regression Coefficients: A Semi-parametric Approach Applied to Real Estate Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 249-283.
- Ron Cheung & Keith Ihlanfeldt & Tom Mayock, 2009. "The Incidence of the Land Use Regulatory Tax," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 675-704, December.
- Redfearn, Christian L., 2009. "How informative are average effects? Hedonic regression and amenity capitalization in complex urban housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 297-306, May.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 1996. "One Hundred Fifty Years of Land Values in Chicago: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 100-124, July.
- Cheung, Ron & Ihlanfeldt, Keith & Mayock, Thomas, 2009. "The regulatory tax and house price appreciation in Florida," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 34-48, March.
- Beckmann, Martin J., 1969. "On the distribution of urban rent and residential density," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 60-67, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Céline Grislain-Letrémy & Arthur Katossky, 2014. "The Impact of Hazardous Industrial Facilities on Housing Prices : A Comparison of Parametric and Semiparametric Hedonic Price Models," Working Papers 2014-13, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- David Christafore & Susane Leguizamon, 2015.
"Spatial Spillovers of Land Use Regulation in the United States,"
Housing Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 491-503, June.
- Christafore, David & Leguizamon, Susane, 2012. "Spatial spillovers of land use regulation in the United States," MPRA Paper 45072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ross Kendall & Peter Tulip, 2018. "The Effect of Zoning on Housing Prices," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2018-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Han, Wenjing & Zhang, Xiaoling & Zheng, Xian, 2020. "Land use regulation and urban land value: Evidence from China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Ostermeijer, Francis & Koster, Hans RA. & van Ommeren, Jos, 2019.
"Residential parking costs and car ownership: Implications for parking policy and automated vehicles,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 276-288.
- Francis Ostermeijer & Hans Koster & Jos van Ommeren, "undated". "Residential parking costs and car ownership: Implications for parking policy and automated vehicles," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-020/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Baron, Aneil & Zhang, Wendong & Irwin, Elena, 2016. "Estimating the Capitalization Effects of Harmful Algal Bloom Incidence, Intensity and Duration? A Repeated Sales Model of Lake Erie Lakefront Property Values," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236589, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yasin Sunak & Reinhard Madlener, 2017. "The impact of wind farms on property values: A locally weighted hedonic pricing model," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 423-444, June.
- Jacek Batóg & Iwona Foryś & Radosław Gaca & Michał Głuszak & Jan Konowalczuk, 2019. "Investigating the Impact of Airport Noise and Land Use Restrictions on House Prices: Evidence from Selected Regional Airports in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-1, January.
- C. Grislain-Letrémy & A. Katossky, 2014. "The Impact of Hazardous Industrial Facilities on Housing Prices: A Comparison of Parametric and Semiparametric Hedonic Price Models," Documents de Travail de l'Insee - INSEE Working Papers g2014-05, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques.
- Liao, Wen-Chi & Wang, Xizhu, 2012. "Hedonic house prices and spatial quantile regression," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 16-27.
- Aaron Swoboda & Tsegaye Nega & Maxwell Timm, 2015. "Hedonic Analysis Over Time And Space: The Case Of House Prices And Traffic Noise," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 644-670, September.
- Lawani, Abdelaziz & Reed, Michael R. & Mark, Tyler & Zheng, Yuqing, 2019. "Reviews and price on online platforms: Evidence from sentiment analysis of Airbnb reviews in Boston," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 22-34.
- David Sunding, 2014. "Conserving Endangered Species through Regulation of Urban Development: The Case of California Vernal Pools," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(2), pages 290-305.
- Alan T. K. Wan & Shangyu Xie & Yong Zhou, 2017.
"A varying coefficient approach to estimating hedonic housing price functions and their quantiles,"
Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(11), pages 1979-1999, August.
- Alan T. K. Wan & Shangyu Xie & Yong Zhou, "undated". "A varying coefficient approach to estimating hedonic housing price functions and their quantiles," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2016_003, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Koster, Hans R.A. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2013. "Agglomeration, commuting costs, and the internal structure of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 352-366.
- Fernandez, Mario Andres & Bucaram, Santiago, 2019. "The changing face of environmental amenities: Heterogeneity across housing submarkets and time," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 449-460.
- Simlai, Prodosh, 2014. "Estimation of variance of housing prices using spatial conditional heteroskedasticity (SARCH) model with an application to Boston housing price data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 17-30.
- Gluszak, Michal & Zygmunt, Robert, 2018. "Development density, administrative decisions, and land values: An empirical investigation," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 153-161.
- Grislain-Letrémy, Céline & Katossky, Arthur, 2014. "The impact of hazardous industrial facilities on housing prices: A comparison of parametric and semiparametric hedonic price models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 93-107.
- Franco, Sofia & Cutter, W. & Lewis, Skyler, 2020. "The Shadow Cost of Parking Minimums: Evidence from Los Angeles County," Economics Department, Working Paper Series 1014, Economics Department, Pomona College, revised 12 Aug 2020.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic analysis Housing regulation Land price Locally weighted regression Geographically weighted regression Geo-referenced data Semi-parametric econometrics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:40:y:2010:i:6:p:550-573. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.